Flamemynx

Secret Santa - A gifting game!

please keep in mind, that the official timeframe for gifting has not evem started yet.

I'd say 24-48 hours is a reasonable time to expect a message OR pickup. But within the gifting period.

My third part is more difficult:

i slipped up in copy/pasting the wishlists of two platinums. One has now two gifters, the other none. sad.gif

I'd need a volunteer to take over the empty wishlist, would work best if someone from platinum who had nit yet started collecting would switch to anither giftee.

please keep in mind, that the official timeframe for gifting has not evem started yet.

I'd say 24-48 hours is a reasonable time to expect a message OR pickup. But within the gifting period.

i slipped up in copy/pasting the wishlists of two platinums. One has now two gifters, the other none. sad.gif

I'd need a volunteer to take over the empty wishlist, would work best if someone from platinum who had nit yet started collecting would switch to anither giftee.

Would it be possible to switch one of the duplicate gifters to the missing giftee ? Otherwise won't it just duplicate the problem if someone else switches, leaving their giftee with no gifters?

I was sent two wishlists with a note in the second, "Oops, this is your real giftee, please disregard the other!"

Technically, after the gifting, the egg is the property of the giftee.

There is no such rule in the OP - probably there should be.

As for the current incident: please send me all the facts you have as a pm, especially concerning the trade. I will inquire with your giftee. Did yiu try and ask him/her yourself?

It still got them banned.

Just sent my first gift to my giftee! They haven't posted since the beginning of december, so I hope they are still active!

Just sent my first gift to my giftee! They haven't posted since the beginning of december, so I hope they are still active!

If they have only posted in the trades threads, then it could be that their posts just have been wiped. Try to check their scroll to see whether growing items are on it (if they don't read their message in a certain period of time.)

Hmm yes think it would be better to write to the person who got the duplicate and ask them to take care of their originally intended one (maybe they haven't gifted yet?). (cause one person receiving gifts from two gifters [and that with the very valuable platinum lists].. somehow sounds a bit unfair [well apart, if the one who got the duplicate is willing to gift two persons - their own and the duplicate one ^.~]... ^^"

If you don't see another option, however, and no patinum lister can help out.. feel free to show me their wishlist. Maybe I can handle it again. smile.gif

It still got them banned.

Well, I happen to be one of the two organisers and I firmly believe in the accused's right to defend themselves. Mynx acted on a hunch, I'd rather have proof and a statement of the accused.

I wonder if you were accused of something, would you like to be judged so easily?

So I still want details to inquire. Mistakes, stupidity and just a different interpretation of the rules do happen. And in order to be fair, we need more facts.

I for one will see this as slander, if anyone keeps this up in this thread. Yes, someone may have given away his present. Yes, this goes vs. the spirit of the thread, and no it does not go against the rules as written. I will preserve the innocent until proven guilty stanza here.

It's one core value that I hold dear, so if you have a probiem with that - stay out of this thread.

whitebaron I agree with you. I myself have not inquired to my giftee about it. I apologize for assuming that someone did.

Since there was actually no rule against this in the OP, perhaps the user should receive a temporary ban? Something along the lines of not being allowed to participate in the next two gifting sessions. There is also the matter of courtesy to consider. You should not be trading away a gift under any circumstance.

I will send you the details about the situation in a PM.

Okay, it's been two days since I PMed my giftee, and I still haven't heard from them, and they haven't picked up their gift. I am now in fairly real danger that one of their gifts will grow up.

This is my problem too. In two hours will be three days. Not that I mind keeping a pretty CB nebby tongue.gif

Makes me hesitant to keep searching for stuff from her wishlist though.

I volunteer. I've already gifted, so it'd just be a second gift list taken on. I really hope it's nothing super tough to come by.

Edited by Lyricmaniac

This is my problem too. In two hours will be three days. Not that I mind keeping a pretty CB nebby tongue.gif

Makes me hesitant to keep searching for stuff from her wishlist though.

But you have to realise that according to the calendar in the first post, gifting doesn't even officially start until tomorrow. It's completely possible that some people aren't even going to check their PM's until tomorrow or Monday, not realising that lists went out early.

On the few occasions where I have had unclaimed gifts for people, I checked their profiles and if I was able, I would also send them an e-mail saying there is a gift waiting. One more than one occasion, the member had been unable to or simply had forgotten to check the forum for PMs and the e-mail was appreciated and they soon claimed their gift.

My giftee only had one difficult wish, so I decided to gift all six! So far they have received 4, including a tinsel baby. Just two more!

My giftee has just taken in her 2nd basket of presents! laugh.gif

--goes back hunting--

Well, I happen to be one of the two organisers and I firmly believe in the accused's right to defend themselves. Mynx acted on a hunch, I'd rather have proof and a statement of the accused.

I wonder if you were accused of something, would you like to be judged so easily?

So I still want details to inquire. Mistakes, stupidity and just a different interpretation of the rules do happen. And in order to be fair, we need more facts.

I for one will see this as slander, if anyone keeps this up in this thread. Yes, someone may have given away his present. Yes, this goes vs. the spirit of the thread, and no it does not go against the rules as written. I will preserve the innocent until proven guilty stanza here.

It's one core value that I hold dear, so if you have a probiem with that - stay out of this thread.

I agree with you. I'm not sure why I'm the one that got ranted at. I was just pointing out that regardless of your beliefs, the person IS banned. The punishment, just or unjust, has already been dealt.

I also agree with this:

I want to give a huge hug to my giftee, panic_siren, for the lovely gifts she's been sending, as well as some that I hadn't directly wished for but are on my wishlist, as well as many prospectives!

Its actually kinda making me feel guilty. My giftee hasn't yet recieved their gifts... My dragons for the list have been put into time-out because of their refusing-ness, they usually breed all the time. However, I know one I will be able to gift as soon as I get the male grown and bred. =] The others I will keep trying for! My stork is waiting patiently for her time to deliver! No luck so far in the cave either. Sigh. I promise I WILL get some for you soon though, even if they come from your wishlist and not precisely this list.

Right... I've tried to go through post by post. If I've missed a question or anything please let me know.. it's not deliberate! (I'll blame the Bourbon...) wink.gif

WhiteBaron

There is no such rule in the OP - probably there should be.

I had assumed the idea and basics of the game would have made it clear that these are for personal wishlist dragons.. not "I need to give someone a silver... so someone get me one please?".. otherwise it defeats the point of the game.

It will be stated explicitly in the next game - promise! (Just like this time it had to be stated that Zombies could not be asked for.. ^^)

SolarCat

I was sent two wishlists with a note in the second,  "Oops, this is your real giftee, please disregard the other!"

Heehee - yep, two people got those messages from me. Minor blonde moment on my part! ^^

Fire-Ice

Fire-Ice: Just sent my first gift to my giftee! They haven't posted since the beginning of december, so I hope they are still active!

Your giftee hasn't read their PM about their giftee yet. I will be sending emails out to those that haven't picked up their message tomorrow. Sadly this is just bad luck, and something I can't predict. I hope your person comes on soon. sad.gif

WhiteBaron

While I know you mean well by this statement.. given that you (at the time you posted this) had not spoken to me.. you had/have no idea what I knew/didn't know.. or whether or not I 'acted on a hunch'.

I use the guilty until proven innocent theory. The giftee has had plenty of time to send a message to me, you, or BirdSpirit to explain the situation (that they didn't realise it was a part of the game, that they gave it to a younger sibling, etc.)- yet, unless you have received something you haven't mentioned to me, no explanation has been forthcoming. This just supports my stance of 'guilty until proven innocent'... I'm more than happy to speak to anyone about any misunderstandings in and around this game (although my PM keeps getting dangerously close to 100% full!)

Patronising makes you no better than anyone else, dear friend. And it would be a pretty bad game if people were refusing to play or were quitting due to one persons error.

@Sister Of The Dragon - Your giftee picked up their own giftees list only a few minutes after I'd sent it out... so I can only assume that they are hunting or are busy for a few days. As WhiteBaron has said, the length of time you're willing to hold the dragons are completely up to you, but the gifting period isn't technically until tomorrow (if I can remember my dates..it's one of those days...)

Yes... Technically.. but most people have the common courtesy to

a ) say thank you for the gifts they receive

b ) mention if they want something for freezing.. the whole idea of gifting then regifting stinks of "Grandma sent me knitted socks AGAIN this year... EBAY HERE I COME!" wink.gif

Moonfreak

My giftee only had one difficult wish, so I decided to gift all six! So far they have received 4, including a tinsel baby. Just two more!

I wish my dragons were more accommodating!!! They're all stubbornly sitting in their caves going "bah, humbug!"

(this is seriously how they look at me when I ask them to produce eggs....)

user posted image

Edited by Flamemynx

My dragons for the list have been put into time-out because of their refusing-ness, they usually breed all the time.

Your dragons must look like mine!! xd.png

Edited by Flamemynx

I want to give a huge hug to my giftee, panic_siren, for the lovely gifts she's been sending, as well as some that I hadn't directly wished for but are on my wishlist, as well as many prospectives!

Its actually kinda making me feel guilty. My giftee hasn't yet recieved their gifts... My dragons for the list have been put into time-out because of their refusing-ness, they usually breed all the time. However, I know one I will be able to gift as soon as I get the male grown and bred. =] The others I will keep trying for! My stork is waiting patiently for her time to deliver! No luck so far in the cave either. Sigh. I promise I WILL get some for you soon though, even if they come from your wishlist and not precisely this list.

wub.gif you're amazingly sweet, and it is my pleasure! Don't sweat it with frigid dragons, they're all just getting warmed up. I hope you have room for another egg soon, as well as a cold hatchie. It's a fire and ice theme going on - I hope one doesn't cancel the other out. xd.png

And may I just say, for the record, counselor - Flamemynx, you need to be canonized a saint for dealing with the lot of us. <33

sunsteps' santa is sleeping. but he keeps sending messages. teeheehee.

he likes to sleep. but a real gift will be forthcoming, promise. smile.gif

And may I just say, for the record, counselor - Flamemynx, you need to be canonized a saint for dealing with the lot of us. <33

Nope... I'm not the saint.. thank the bourbons and my dragon's faces that continues to make me giggle. tongue.gif

Edit:

Some random facts:

Golds

Unread PMs: 2/61

Gifted already: 29/61

Silvers

Unread PMs: 4/47

Gifted already: 17/47

Edited by Flamemynx

as for the platinum list: one of those two has stated that he has already started collecting for his giftee, and I'd not like it very much to change that now. the other one is the one who did not yet read her pm, and she can't easily gift herself, now can she?

so it would be best if i just could get another platinum user to switch - unfortunately, they are all pretty quick this year, with shar starting in like mid-december. smile.gif

I have sent 3 eggs to my giftee smile.gif . Now awaiting response.

@BirdSpirit: I agree with the others. That's horrible.

She accepted my gift! I might go hunting for some more presents later.