Stunningfire

Baths vs Showers

Do you prefer to take baths or showers?  

188 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Considering I go to the gym regularly, I'd say I've grown accustomed with showering.

Baths, seem like a waste of water to me. Like lawns...

Most of time I go with shower, but time to time I take a bath mostly to stay in it longer and just relax with a few candles and a book. Most of time, in the bath I just stay so long that I forgot to wash myself so yeah, for me bath is to relax not to get washed.

When I was a child I used to bath more often, "western style". Then when I got older I sticked to showers - even after moving to Japan, where they have their own bathing culture. You enter the bath tub (water only) after you washed your body.

There was no nice bath tub - the bath tub in the first apartment was tiny - so I showered.

But we moved to our own house last year and have a nice large bath tub in a pretty modern bath room. This winter I tried to take a bath "Japanese style" and it was nice to get so warm, it felt great!

I frequently take a bath for relaxation now.

I take showers over baths, since baths are time consuming. Extra half hour saved is extra time to study!

Hot showers even though I'm a winter person ._.;

I simply cannot master the art of showering without getting soap in my eyes, so I prefer baths if I have the time. tongue.gif

I usually shower.. smile.gif But if I'm feeling a bit cold or if I have to shave, I usually start with a bath and end with a shower.

Too-hot showers! Though I normally sit down in the tub and turn it to cold after a bit...

shower

i dont like sitting in dirty water and i feel far more vulnerable sitting in a tub than in a shower stall

When I was little I used to hate showers because there was no way to avoid getting my hair wet even when it didn't need washing, which would mean later I'd have to sit still and let myself be attacked by the hairdryer (I still can't stand the noise they make). But now I have short hair which doesn't need drying, so I can have nice hot showers instead of sitting in a bathtub getting cold and wrinkly.

I love hot baths, there great to just lay and relax in especially if you're sick its just perfect~ I love to just cuddle up in some nice hot water and read for a while~

And I love to make tea baths~ So nice~ (though you have to clean the tub right after or it will stain^^')

I like both. I take showers normally and I like them hot but not too hot, maybe just a bit hotter than lukewarm. When I take a bath, I've had a bad day. I have a special coconut bubble bath mix that is just heavenly. I especially like to use it before I go to bed. Helps me relax and sleep.

Both, shower in the morning and a nice bubble bath in the evening.

I shower more in summer or hot weather. But winter I tend to go more for baths and sometimes both. Generally I want to warm up when I take a bath and if I am really ex foliating, I will shower after. Basically after work, I can be quite sore... or following morning I am stiff. I bathe with very hot water. It becomes Starscream soup. I will usually use bubbles. I love bubble baths.

my bird likes baths more than he likes showers. I fill the tub with a bit of water and let him splash around. If he is in there, he tends to like the spray from the tap.

I used to have one of those huge claw footed tubs when I was growing up. The house had poor insulation so bathing was about the only way to wash without freezing your knackers off. The pressure was poor too, so showering was not generally a great plan.

Tonight though, I had a shower.

I usually switch. I take showers mostly, but if I'm stressed out I take a baths.

I only shower, never been in a bathtub before. :b

I've been to hotsprings however, I'm not sure if they count as baths though.

I only shower, never been in a bathtub before. :b

I've been to hotsprings however, I'm not sure if they count as baths though.

I'm pretty sure hot springs aren't baths, since you don't bathe in it or wash yourself.... but I might be wrong

I prefer showers since theyr'e easy, efficient, and not time consuming. Sometimes I might treat myself to a bath, though, depending on my mood, but only sometimes. I regularly go swimming anyways, so I take shower most of the time.

I like showers because they're nice and quick. If I stand in the shower for too long, I start to get bored. Baths for me are just boring >_< . Anyway, showers mean I can get back to DC quicker wink.gif

Baths seem dirty and wasteful for me.

A quick shower though, that's what I like to take every morning to freshen me up right fast.

I have to take a quick shower every morning or I'll never wake up, but I try to get in as many baths in the evening as I can, usually every other day, with epsom salts or scented oils.