Stunningfire

Baths vs Showers

Do you prefer to take baths or showers?  

188 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Baths make me nervous. I feel like an electrical appliance is just gonna drop out of nowhere into my bathtub while I'm bathing and electrocute me.

Showers on the other hand. I've philosophized a great many things while butt-nekkid in the shower.

I don't even remember the last time I had a bath. xd.png I don't really have time... I say as I sit here refreshing the cave for hours on end. tongue.gif

I like showers better, but like a lot of people have said, I do like to sit in a hot tub. I don't really care too much about the sitting in your own filth part. Honestly I don't see what the big deal is. One time I even took a shower with the drain plugged and left the water on after I was done, and then took a bath when the tub was full. I haven't had a bath in a long time though, but I do remember the dilemma of sitting in the deep end but not being able to properly sit back, or sitting in the shallow end but not getting completely covered by the water.

I usually take a shower first and then I soak a long time in a bath. tongue.gif As for which one I like better, it depends on my mood. smile.gif

Showers seem to make you cleaner, but if your joints are working and you don't have mobility problems a warm bath after a shower can be relaxing.

I don't like taking a shower, I only do so out of necessity. I do like to take baths. So I guess I prefer to take baths but I clean myself with showers. I wish our tub was deeper though. Baths in a shallow bathtub suck.

I just took a shower laugh.gif

I used to hate them, but now I prefer showers to baths. I really love the feel of the water, and I think I get a lot cleaner in them.

But nothing beats a warm bath when I'm sick. It's the one place that doesn't feel completely horrible.

Showers; they're generally quick and easy, with none of this lifting your legs over things whilst standing on a slippery surface. I can't lift my legs high enough to get over the edges of the bathtubs we have in our household anyway (spa baths)... so I haven't had a bath in a good, oh eight years? Not that I miss them, makes me feel weird when I get out... like I've been on a boat. xd.png

My house is going under renovations right now, and one of the things that has been temporarily taken away is the ability to take a shower.

I definitely prefer a shower over a bath. A shower is much easier, quicker, and it makes me smell much better.

I miss having a bathtub at home :c We now have shower instead to conserve water. If this even happens lol.

Definitely showers. Nice, hot, steaming ones preferably. biggrin.gif

Definitely showers. Nice, hot, steaming ones preferably. biggrin.gif

This was basically going to be my post lol.

Baths aren't too bad, it's just that... when your in the water, the filth comes off of your body then you begin to bathe in it. Just the thought keeps me away from baths.

While I prefer a really warm shower most of the time, there is nothing like a good steamy soak in the tub once in a while. Unfortunately, my current residence only has a shower, no tub, and I am really missing having that option.

The ideal soak begins and ends with a quick shower, just to rinse away any residues. It's not a good idea if water conservation is a concern though.

I definitely prefer showers; not a fan of sitting down and soaking. I don't think I've had a bath in over a decade now.

i prefer showers unless i have a leg cramp in which i just soak my leg in the tub

but over all showers win 9/10 times for me

When I was a kid, when I went to school the kids got grossed out when I told them I didn't shower every day. I even told them i shower every other day. Just because you shower more doesn't give you the right to be grossed out by a normal person

I take showers, just because they're faster. Baths are nice, but they get cold so fast.

If you pour a ton of bubble soap in the bath its awesome though. xd.png

I don't like showering because I'm a massive klutz and for some reason can't seem to make it work without splashing everywhere. (People generally stand up while showering, right? Well, *I* sit down. xd.png At least when I'm washing my hair. Yes I am aware that I'm a derp.)

Baths use up a lot of water though, so I shower daily and only take a hot bubble bath once in a while. :3 (Sometimes I read or revise for school in the bath because there's no computer to distract me in there, lol.) No good for getting clean, but a quick rinse before and after can fix that, and nothing beats a bath in terms of relaxation. Actually, I wouldn't mind one right now...

I only like baths when I know I am clean (A.K.A I had a shower right before) because I just find it kinda gross to be taking a bath when your dirty.

This dragon takes showers. But if I go to Rarity's house she has a bath tub. I sometimes take baths. Shower is faster for bathing. LOL I like hot water but not too hot. Just enough to enjoy a nice shower.

I don't care that much. I usually take baths, because I can relax with a book, but showers are quicker.

I only like showers. I think I have a weird phobia of my body touching the bathtub, especially since once I get in I notice any little dirty spots or stuff like that. *shudders*