Stunningfire

Baths vs Showers

Do you prefer to take baths or showers?  

188 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What if you drop the book? ._.

Then you fish it out quick and put it somewhere to dry tongue.gif Not that I'd like to try that one with my Kindle.

Generally I shower (it's far quicker and more convenient to shower before work than to try and get a bath run) but I love baths for relaxing (even if I usually shower off at the end of them!).

i voted bath but it depends on how tired i am or what kind of mood. usually a bath and whichever i have i like it real hot which unfortunately because of the way my house is the water gets hot but not scalding sometimes i like almost scalding hot but i cant even get that at my house ):

Edited by futuregohangurl

Showers. Definitely. It doesn't help that we have a shower/bath combo and I have to share it with my 20 year old brother, so it gets nasty even the day after I've just scrubbed it... or that it's an ancient stainless steel tub with enamel coating, so it's cold to the touch even in the summer. xd.png

I'd probably vote jacuzzi if I could. Bathtubs are just so tiny and I can't stretch my legs out or even get all of me under the water without being in some crazy position. I'm not even super tall or anything.

Baths. Growing up, we never had a shower, so the bath was the only choice for us.

Now, the bathroom in my house has both a bath and a shower. I've taken a shower a few times, but I could not get used to it - it wasn't relaxing and I hate how quickly you get cold once you turn the water off in order to put shampoo in your hair and the like. Besides, I think showers are fairly dangerous: it's easy to slip and break something (or worse). Plus, I've felt myself become dizzy when washing the shampoo out of my hair: I need to have my eyes closed for that (lest some shampoo gets in my eyes and subsequently irritates my eyes), and standing while I have my eyes closed is a no-no for me. :/

As such, I prefer a bath at all times. It's safer, warmer and relaxing. smile.gif

... People turn off the water to put shampoo in and close their eyes when they wash it out?

Welp, I've been doing it wrong. :I

And actually yess Jacuzzi I'd love one of them. Like I said earlier I'm not a fan of baths but I'd love a jacuzzi. <3 Nothing like the ridiculous baby sized baths in our house.

Edited by Switch

... People turn off the water to put shampoo in and close their eyes when they wash it out?

Welp, I've been doing it wrong. :I

I guess I've been doing it wrong too tongue.gif!

I leave the water running when I put in shampoo and conditioner, and when I'm rinsing out that stuff I kind of make a barrier with my hands on my forehead so the shampoo doesn't get in my eyes. Or I turn around and lean my head back. Usually both.

I also wash my face and brush my teeth in the shower while I'm waiting for my conditioner to soak in. I like brushing my teeth in the shower because I can get toothpaste all over my face and it doesn't matter.

When I'm sick or feeling tired sometimes I shower by sitting on the floor of the shower.

Oh and another reason why I prefer showers is it's easier to fit in another person, although a jacuzzi is way better for that. When me and my husband go house hunting in a year I really hope we find something with a jacuzzi.

I don't really make a barrier, I kinda just tilt my head back and it works.

Although, my shower is big enough that you can almost completely step out of the water stream so that all the water is really hitting is like your ankles, so I don't really need to turn off the water anyway. It's a shower/bath but the bath part is never used. But I never actually step that far out of the stream anyway.

But I have short hair, maybe it's different for long hair.

Edited by Switch

Haha usually I take showers as they are quicker and easier, but I loves me a good bath anyway.

Do any of you have heaters/radiators in your bathrooms? I've got one of those super old accordion ones, but it serves me well:)

My house is about 60 years old, so we have one of those shower-cross-bath things. I always have a shower, but with some good soap and warm water, I wouldn't pass over a good old bath.

Shower is for getting clean, bath is for relaxing. (I don't know about most others, but I always kind of take a brief shower after getting out of bathwater...)

Me too... otherwise I don't feel very clean. xd.png Sometimes I take a brief shower before getting into the bathtub, as well, but sometimes I don't because I know I'm going to shower again when I get out of it.

Showers, much more pleasant and less chance that I'll fall asleep, plus they wash all the dirt away.

The only time I preferred baths was when I had bubble bath that turned the water bright blue

I hate baths in the USA. So I always take showers.

However, I studied in Japan this past summer, and I LOVED taking baths there. Bathing is an art form unto itself in Japan and it is very relaxing and comfortable.

I took a lot of baths at public baths and natural hot springs while I was there. Utter heaven!

Occasionally, I took a "japanese shower", which is hosing yourself down with a detachable nozzle. So it's not a true shower in the U.S. sense, but it gets the job done.

Hate baths probably anywhere except Japan. Europe and USA just don't make 'im right.

Edit: Let me clarify better. You always hose yourself down and scrub with soap before you get in the bath at all. So that's probably why it's better in Japan. The soaking in the tub part is about relaxing rather than scrubbing yourself clean.

Edited by Arwen17

Baths:

More relaxing

Showers:

More convenient and takes away from the water bill of course.

For the most part I take showers, I haven't had a bath in probably years.

Edit: Let me clarify better. You always hose yourself down and scrub with soap before you get in the bath at all. So that's probably why it's better in Japan. The soaking in the tub part is about relaxing rather than scrubbing yourself clean.

That sounds nice. I wish I had a special shower for washing off so I could take baths like this.

I like showers because I dislike sitting in a pool of my own filth. My warm, warm filth.

omagawd you're back!

I want one of those sitting showers for old people.

Or I guess I could just put a chair in the shower :/.

Edited by Syaoransbear