Stunningfire

Baths vs Showers

Do you prefer to take baths or showers?  

188 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Showers for sure haha, can't stand thinking of what is left in the bottom of the tub after my family.. ewww

I prefer showers for the sake of getting clean, and baths for the sake of relaxing.

Don't really understand why so many people here get freaked out by baths--do you guys avoid pools / hot tubs like the plague, if being where a little dirt has been is so gross to you? O____o

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

^Well, I guess it's because baths are supposed to be cleaning but it doesn't really work when the dirt and stuff you clean off yourself just stays there ;P

I prefer showers for the sake of getting clean, and baths for the sake of relaxing.

Don't really understand why so many people here get freaked out by baths--do you guys avoid pools / hot tubs like the plague, if being where a little dirt has been is so gross to you? O____o

Some people have ear problems that make going underwater difficult.

Like me.

It's not the dirt. It's having my hearing screwed up for a week that deters me.

I can do hot tubs though, since it doesn't require me dunking my head. Or the shallow end of a pool.

Which is sad, since I used to be on swim team and I sort of miss it.

Well, I certainly would not want to sit in my bathtub, that much I know for sure. I'm sure the bottom of that thing is festering with germs.

Pools are okay. I go in my pool, because it's heavily chlorinated and I like to believe that helps with the bacteria. XD

But I usually shower right after I get out of the pool anyway, so...

Hot tubs are okay, but I don't really have many opportunities to be in one :P

Showers. I saw something on a TV show... iCarly I think, that said you sit in your own dirt in the bathtub. Germaphobe me freaked out, and though that's probably untrue, I haven't taken a bath since.

Neither. I prefer to wallow in a nice, deep mud pit for a time, rolling about and coating myself in several layers of muck. Not only is it relaxing, it's a great way of removing and deterring external parasites while also protecting my skin from the harmful rays of the sun. I don't even have to worry about wasting water or costly bills. It even manages to act as a natural form of camouflage, helping me to better blend in with my natural environment. Highly recommend it. =)

For me at least it is the difference in purpose. When I go into a pool, lake, or other body of water, I am not going in there to get clean, I am there to have fun. Getting dirty while having fun isn't a bother. I just like a way to get clean afterwards, and a bath just doesn't seem that cleansing.

Edited by Nectaris

I still take baths -- I'll shower only when I have, since it feels so awkward to just /stand there/. I hate standing up for long periods of time, and hate not knowing how to get the shampoo out of my hair and then the water going over my face makes me think I'm going to drown. So, baths for me.

/prepares for the storm of 'idiot!'

Neither. I prefer to wallow in a nice, deep mud pit for a time, rolling about and coating myself in several layers of muck. Not only is it relaxing, it's a great way of removing and deterring external parasites while also protecting my skin from the harmful rays of the sun. I don't even have to worry about wasting water or costly bills. It even manages to act as a natural form of camouflage, helping me to better blend in with my natural environment. Highly recommend it. =)

...That sounds very pleasant. O.o So do you just walk around with a layer of dried mud on you? ;P

Showers. My bathtub is too small. The last time I took a bath was more than 10 years ago. xd.png

I take showers. It's quicker and my bathtub is too small anyway.

I should rephrase O.O I love showers,but I hardly ever take baths rarely.Maybe on my B-day or something :/ And pools~Mother won't let me into pools period,unless I sneak with a friend^__^

When I was little I used to take baths all the time, but then when I got older I hated baths and took showers all the time, and I still have showers to this day.

Showers for the win (and fasted time to get ready in the morning)

I used to take baths all the time. My parents would get annoyed because I would literally be in the bathroom for at least an hour laugh.gif

As I got older, I realized how much water was being wasted and how much you're not getting clean while sitting in your bathwater xP. The only time I might take a bath, now, is if I shower right before and that only happens about once a year =( I stay in the tub so long that I just end up getting cold, anyway... that's no fun for me.

I generally take showers. The only time I take a bath is if I don't feel like washing my hair or if I'm in pain and want to soak in hot water. After I soak, I'll take a shower.

I love baths, but it's more of a rare treat. A nice hot shower is great too though. The sound of running water, the warmth, the fresh clean feeling afterwards...

Baths. I hate the feeling of water falling onto my face, and you can't relax with a book in the shower xd.png

Baths. I hate the feeling of water falling onto my face, and you can't relax with a book in the shower xd.png

What if you drop the book? ._.

Im going to have to go for showers on this debate. Baths were the bane of my existence throughout my childhood and I still hold onto that partially.

Edited by defrog

Showers for getting clean, but baths for relaxing.