My Wish Was Granted

Dragon and Requirements: Albino dragon, CB and FEMALE

Recipient: Singalana

Giver: Khram

Point Cost: 13

My Current Total: 2

Thank you very much!

Edited by Singalana

Sorrux yn'Oroti: I believe you should have read Rule 3?

3. To wish for something, fill out the first form. Do NOT try to gift a dragon if it hasn't been wished for. This isn't a place to get rid of any old egg you don't want.
You are a member, so you should have read the rules. This is your first warning, however, so no points are taken. Edited by Avalon the Great

I Am Wishing

Type of Dragon: Striped

Requirements: CB

Total Point Cost: 20 (I think this is right)

Edited by Lightdragon4444

I Am Wishing

Type of Dragon: Striped any color

Requirements: CB

Total Point Cost: 20 (I think this is right)

The only CB stripes are white stripes. you obtain colored stripes through breeding wink.gif

Hey everyone! I'd just like to point out that we have TWO open wishes for anyone who wishes to grant them! I know the Halloween season is in, and we're all saving up egg spots for the new dragon tomorrow, but don't forget!!!

I Am Wishing

Type of Dragon: skywing

Requirements: 2g from water or deepsea (aka failbluna)

Total Point Cost: I think it counts as purebred, so it costs 6

I Am Wishing

Type of Dragon: magi

Requirements: 2g from water (aka failfish)

I wished for 12 points, so now I have 3 points I suppose.

I Am Wishing

Type of Dragon: skywing

Requirements: 2g from water or deepsea (aka failbluna)

I Am Wishing

Type of Dragon: magi

Requirements: 2g from water (aka failfish)

I wished for 12 points, so now I have 3 points I suppose.

Since they're "fails" I'm pretty sure they don't count as PB happy.gif

It would only cost as PB if you were actually asking for Blunas or Shallow Waters~

My Wish Was Granted

Dragon and Requirements: 2g failfish magi egg

Recipient: Darth Krande

Giver: Singalana

Point Cost: 6 (I insist the lineage is worth the same as pb smile.gif )

My Current Total: 9

Edited by Darth Krande

Thank you Singa!

My Wish Was Granted

Dragon and Requirements: 2g skywing failbluna

Recipient: Darth Krande

Giver:Singalana

Point Cost: 6

My Current Total:3

Somebody please make a wish I can fill smile.gif

Edited by Darth Krande

I'm Granting A Wish

Dragon and Requirements: Blusang Lindwurm. No requirements.

Link to lineage: http://dragcave.net/lineage/iumB2

Gifter: Singalana

Recipient: MagnusMango

Point Gain: 10

My Current Total: 18

Could someone please then check the accurate number of points in my last 3 gifts, since I'm not sure that Darth Krandes wishes should cost 6 points each, or that MagnusMangos wish would be 15 points. I've counted my total based on what I think would be the accurate point cost. biggrin.gif

Edited by Singalana

My Wish Was Granted

Dragon and Requirements: Blusange Lindwurm, no requirements!

Recipient: MagnusMango

Giver: Singala! <3

Point Cost: 10

My Current Total: 5

This really started as a small 1 paragraph post. Then I realized I needed to offer examples and reasons and well - I never write anything short anyway. I'm not doing this to tell you how to run your thread. I am offering some suggestions to help it get a bit more activity because I want to join and get involved, but there just isn't much yet in the way of wish lists. I think its a fabulous idea, I just have to limit how many gifting threads I involve myself with (and I only have so much space in my sig to promote.) Feel free to ignore, modify or do with this as however you wish.

Also, you can never ever ever knock the value of a good group of thread mods. So it wouldn't really be extra work because ... you would just have extra people to help with the work. And I think you have a good group of people who would be willing to help you do anything, be it a thread mod or just a thread helper. (They don't get fancy powers they just help with specific tasks and help keep things moving and updated and organized and you list their name on the first page and they sometimes become thread mods later on - and sometimes they just want to help and don't care about modding.)

So .... Here are the proposed ideas you can do whatever with:

Is it possible that this thread could start off with maybe (1) freebie request for each person who joins. It could be considered removing this perk if they were given a magi. Put a cap on what can be asked for, like: No Hatchies, Egg Only, No Rares or Ultra Rares, no complex lineage demands (I don't consider "even gen" a complex demand, I consider "even gen checkerboard lineage with alternating silvers" to be one). I don't think requesting a PB should necessarily be excluded as a cap is placed like: no higher than 2nd Gen. And I'd allow a CB assuming its a really really common dragon. I don't think BSAs should be not allowed because so many people need them, and so many people have mass armies happy to breed them.

I just would place these first requests into a series of categories. Such as, you can choose one characteristic from List A, and one from List B, or just make a very small list of what they can choose like this:

NO HATCHIES, ONLY EGGS - So to make this clear - NO GENDER CHOICE

Possible Cannot Get This if you are gifted a Magi as its like getting a BSA. But can understand allowing these as well as ... its a dragon so they can gift back.

CB Very Common (especially caveblockers and AP cloggers - although I know what counts as a Cave Blocker or AP Clogger changes a lot)

2G PB Common (Non-Inbred by default)

Even Gen Common (Non-Inbred by default)

Low Gen Common (Non-Inbred by default)

BSA - No lineage or inbred choice here

Vampire - No lineage or inbred choice here (I know its a BSA but many list it apart)

Whatever Else anyone might want to add

And no being sneaky trying to add like: (Hint hint I would prefer PB) to try and get something more from the list. Doing this may want to result in a warning or ban from getting this perk.

The reason I really support this idea is because it is all win and no lose due to these 2 thoughts:

1. It will give us who are DYING to gift a chance to do something (and earn some extra points instead of being stuck at 15 forever because there are only 1 or 2 wishes)

2. Even if someone joints the list, gets a free magi, gets (1) free egg and NEVER appears again - who really cares. Oh boy they got away with 2 free very common eggs that most gifters don't even think twice about. I am constantly abandoning these kinds of eggs to the AP when I breed them. I'd be thrilled if someone wanted them. This isn't like they made off with the Golden Goose Dragon.

There is only two things that might need to change or be added. However, you would have to potentially do this anyway.

1. You might make people choose between getting the 15 points or the freebie dragon. I wouldn't, because honestly, again, my prior point is that there just isn't much lost if someone "abuses" the system and then disappears. And it allows this list to get some more movement.

2. This perk could possibly be removed in time when there is more listings and gifting activity going on regularly.

3. You may have to semi-regularly check activity of your members. Eventually the list will grow BIG and if they aren't an active member in some way, they need to be purged from the list. I'm not talking about they have to be active every day or every week, but they need to do something once every few months if nothing else. Many other threads acomplish this by sending out PMs and requiring a response within 2 weeks or whatever time frame you wish. Or that they must contribute at least once every so many months. That is entirely your choice, but it gets eventually added to many member based groups just to keep things from being cluttered. Or a member list so long you have to link everything to google docs.

I am keeping an eye on this thread and when the wish list is a bit larger, I will be glad to join and donate. I just don't want to join something unless I can be actively involved.

Also - you might want to consider whether you will or won't allow people to post FFA (free for all) teleport links. I mean this may sound like a - well duh the idea is to gift not to just post free dragons - but any gifting thread will sometimes start getting these. For example, most of my eggs are gifted as FFAs in TGT and Even Gen Gifting, but they are setup for that. I don't think you are, but I don't think I saw anything in your rules against it. If you don't specifically make a rule against it, people will do it. Also, people posting "I Have a XXX dragon if anyone wants it please send me a PM" and then someone working out to ge the dragon. I understand these are both against the idea of this thread, but they will eventually take place (despite your thread purpose statement - because people are goofy sometimes and forget). If this is allowed (which isn't the point but you might allow this amongst your members if they really really want to do it), you would need to specify that it does not allow points.

That may sound stupid, but you probably want to phrase your rules that this is *only* a Wish Granting Thread and other Gifting Belongs in other threads. You can then provide links to some of those various threads if you wish. If you don't state that this is not allowed (or strictly define what is and isn't allowed), you will have people who do it. Even if you list it you will still have people who do it unknowingly. Which means you have to delete the post and send them a PM or make an updated posting as a reminder that if they do it again it will result in a warning / ban / whatever.

I hope that is helpful. Good luck and I hope to see a larger list of gift requests so I can start donating and join in the fun! Thanks!