stogucheme

Concerning the FoE...

The eggs I got in the festival of eggs for 2011 and 2012 are truly beautiful. Great art.

However, I'd like to remove some because some of them make references to media and such that I have had bad experiences with. And I want to look at all my other pretty eggs without being reminded of bad memories. So I'd like the option to remove eggs from my basket.

ETA: There's one problem with your suggestion of blocking the image, though- people who check out my basket still see it, and some of my friends have the same bad memories I do. Besides, we are allowed not to have dragons on our scroll we don't want; why should this be any different?

Optional Discussion Questions:

Once removed, should the egg be lost forever?

In the next event, should you have the option to decline to pick up eggs as you're hunting?

Would you be able to gift eggs to other users? If so, would they be able to have 2 of the same?

Should the above apply to the Trick or Treat and Haunted Mansion stuff as well?

Edited by stogucheme

Removing eggs I can agree with, although I don't understand how they would be bothering you. But trading/gifting eggs from the egg hunt or other collecting events is a big no for me. Sorry, but that would open up a can of worms I'd rather keep closed.

With adblock, single images can be blocked. Although I don't really see the necessity.

With adblock, single images can be blocked. Although I don't really see the necessity.

I'll have to agree in not really seeing the necessity, and that if it bothers you that much you could use something like adblock [with the adblocking filters removed if you don't want to block ads] to individually remove the image(s) that bother you. I actually use it a lot to remove random sig images [especially other petsites that can fool me into thinking they're a skilled artist because they have sprites in their sig]

As to trading/gifting, a definite no.

IF a ton of other users had the same problem I could see doing something like you suggested, but without a rather significant support level the personal measures that can be taken to do the same thing without the trouble to TJ of coding the system.

I think the only one worth considering [without a lot of public opinion otherwise] would be the ability to opt out of an egg or treat when collecting them.

Edited by Pokemonfan13

Yep yep, Ad Block can block single images. I think the option to remove eggs/decline picking them up would be your best bet. At that point, they should probably be lost forever since one can't pick up previous years eggs ever again, so I don't know how the reasoning would work for a user being able to retrieve removed eggs. I do agree trading/gifting would probably be a can of worms best left alone though. smile.gif

And for the record, I totally understand what you're saying about certain images triggering a bad memory, and therefore not wanting to look at specific things.

Yeah, although you periodically have to update the block because the image urls aren't static.

I agree with everyone else. Block the images by your own means (a lot of us resorted to this with an egg last year that hurt us to look at) and no to gifting/trading.

Skipping eggs/items is something that has come up practically every event that people want, so I wouldn't see the harm in that.

Another no for removing from me, since I don't think there's enough people who want it to warrant TJ coding it in and there are ways to do it on your own.

No to gifting/trading, too. A decline feature I wouldn't mind, that could be useful. But then they should be lost forever.

I'd suggest a warning "Are you SURE you want to decline this [whatever]? You won't be able to pick it up again".

And then an option to "skip" it, which will just make it come up later so you can pick it up if you change your mind.

Edited by KageSora

Yeah, although you periodically have to update the block because the image urls aren't static.

I agree with everyone else. Block the images by your own means (a lot of us resorted to this with an egg last year that hurt us to look at) and no to gifting/trading.

Skipping eggs/items is something that has come up practically every event that people want, so I wouldn't see the harm in that.

Which egg was it? /confused. D: But I agree, this doesn't seem like a feasible idea.

The flashing epilepsy egg that was apparently a homestuck reference. That's the one I remember, though it was from this year and not the last.

Another no from me. I use ad block all the time to block images I don't want to see or that hurt my eyes/give me a migraine and it works great.

There's one problem with your suggestion of blocking the image, though- people who check out my basket still see it, and some of my friends have the same bad memories I do. Besides, we are allowed not to have dragons on our scroll we don't want; why should this be any different?

Also, what do people think about the Haunted Mansion and Trick or Treat items? (For the HM, I think they should be able to have the item's effect for the quest- since some are required- even if they decline to have it in their inventory.)

Edited by stogucheme

They can block it, too.

I guess what it comes down to is how many people are adversely affected by negative personal associations with various images and how badly are they affected, and then how does that weigh against the time needed to code it?

Edited by KageSora

Optional items, I'm for a skip button. Items required for the event you shouldn't be able to skip. Grab it and block it if you don't like it. Or don't grab it and don't finish the event.

You don't have to grab dragons you want, just as you don't have to go about collecting items.

That's the one I remember, though it was from this year and not the last.

I r gud wit yrs.