Stunningfire

Orchestra

Only $800? tongue.gif Why don't you quit? ;~;

The highschool I want to go to is one I'm not zoned for and I have to be in orchestra in order to go. ;_;

My brother had the same teacher (and now he's first chair in some advanced something-or-whatsit) and the same problem with him, but got better. Always look on the bright side~

The highschool I want to go to is one I'm not zoned for and I have to be in orchestra in order to go. ;_;

My brother had the same teacher (and now he's first chair in some advanced something-or-whatsit) and the same problem with him, but got better. Always look on the bright side~

Well I dunno, if you don't really like violin you probably won't put your heart into practicing and then you probably won't get better

OKAY POSITIVENESS.

lol I think I might have to quit orchestra in high school, my parents were discussing it the other day :/ because apparently I don't have time to keep that up as well as piano and schoolwork (my high school is, like, super competitive and crazy)... I do really like orchestra though. ;~;

This is my 6th year of playing cello for orchestra went to a junior high honors orchestra about 2 weeks ago smile.gif play trumpet for band too and multiple other instruments

Ha, I was so glad to find this topic!

I play in an amateur orchestra in my city. It's a decent size, though not quite a symphonic. Good enough though smile.gif

We had a concert in February, next is in June (not so fond of the programme for this one, but oh well). We'll be preparing some big symphonic works for our December concert, that'll be fantastic biggrin.gif probably some Tchaikovsky, fingers crossed...

Last year, we played Tchaikovsky's 5th (probably one of my all time favourites), and a nice French programme (Ravel, Fauré...)

Oh, and I play the cello, have done for the last... 13 years? it's more than a hobby by now wink.gif

Well I dunno, if you don't really like violin you probably won't put your heart into practicing and then you probably won't get better

OKAY POSITIVENESS.

lol I think I might have to quit orchestra in high school, my parents were discussing it the other day :/ because apparently I don't have time to keep that up as well as piano and schoolwork (my high school is, like, super competitive and crazy)... I do really like orchestra though. ;~;

Oh hey, same situation here! smile.gif

'cept I'm putting piano on the backburner.

I used to when i went to a school that supported it but then i went to a school that only had band and i was the lonely little violinist without an orchestra and anyone with appreciation for stringed instruments