Stunningfire

Orchestra

Uh...Do you mean as in goes to orchestras or like they play an instrument in a band/orchestra?

I play the Clarinet in a homeschool band. :D A while ago, a performing arts center hosted the 'Legend of Zelda: Symphony of the Goddesses'. I really wanted to go, but my parents wouldn't let me. ;-;

Edited by SilverX7Studios

Play an instrument in an orchestra, hahah. Derp I think there's a band topic somewhere... o.o

I play the violin as well smile.gif Although I kind of want to learn the viola... but it's kind of too late for me. :x

I'm not in orchestra....YET. I'm just starting to learn how to play the trumpet and read music. I'm a sophomore in college, so it's a tad late, but...I really want to learn to play and get involved with musical groups, so my teacher's prepping me to be in one of our school's orchestras starting either next semester or the beginning of next school year...

Excited smile.gif

Edited by Alpha Gryph

One of the main reasons I play violin is because I love going to orchestra. Really, I only play in a chamber orchestra, just 5 violins and 3 cellos :3

One of the main reasons I play violin is because I love going to orchestra. Really, I only play in a chamber orchestra, just 5 violins and 3 cellos :3

waaaaah that's tiny .__.

Haha is your orchestra all grades, or just... whatever grade you're in?

Edited by Stunningfire

Actually, I go to a different school for musical purposes. It's small because only a handful got it.

Ohh I see, that makes sense. Coolio. :3

Haha in 6th grade our orchestra had 12 members... but it was just 6th graders.

I'm a part of my local community's orchestra. Well, I say I'm a part of it--I only turn up whenever I can get a lift there as the place where we rehearse is miles away from my house. -_____-

I used to play the Viola happy.gif I loved that instrument; my favorite songs we got to play were the Halo theme and Dragon Dance. I used to have a folder of all my favorites, but I lost it ;-;

I used to play the Viola happy.gif I loved that instrument; my favorite songs we got to play were the Halo theme and Dragon Dance. I used to have a folder of all my favorites, but I lost it ;-;

why don't you play anymore? sad.gif

Oh nice, I hope you enjoy it! biggrin.gif How's the trumpet?

Hard so far. I guess because it's a bit late in life to be learning music....memorizing all the notes and fingering is difficult. sad.gif

And getting the right embouchure is gonna take a lot of practice. I'm up for the challenge though, I'd like to be playing in the orchestra for next school year. biggrin.gif

I might be learning to play a violin, soon... It depends on if I can convince my mom to let me get one and apply for a position in band. I love the violin. I've wanted to play it for so long. <3

Ooh my orchestra has a concert today. We are not ready. At all. ;__; Today our orchestra conductor got SO MAD at us... it was so freaking scary... :/

why don't you play anymore? sad.gif

I got into high school orchestra =/ I felt completely hopeless and unskilled with my instrument. After 1 particularly bad playing test I transferred out of the class. I was having a bad year and had depression, and being bad at something I loved hurt a lot, so I gave it up. I still have it though and do play it sometimes, I just don't keep up with it.

I play the violin. At my school they have a freshman orchestra and a big orchestra for the rest of the grades. First semester it's symphonic orchestra. This year our freshman orchestra is huge and almost as big as our symphonic. I think they're are 30 to 40 freshman or something like that.

I play in one, and have for four years, but I don't really like it. I prefer guitar- and my teacher is a jerk. XD

I play violin, but like I said, I don't really care about it. I never did. Started when I was nine and I still suck. :| Waste of four years and $800, in my opinion.

I'm a second violin smile.gif

Despite my nondescript musical ability, I love it. Our school orchestra has about fifty people, around 18 of which are violins.

At the moment we're playing the Lion King themes for school privegiving, which I love/hate. biggrin.gif

I play violin, but like I said, I don't really care about it. I never did. Started when I was nine and I still suck. :| Waste of four years and $800, in my opinion.

Only $800? tongue.gif Why don't you quit? ;~;