Ruins

Dr Conel's Home For People Who Chat

Uhm, yeah, is Lea sleeping in the hallway or something? Just because she isn't written upp as having a room x3

I'll add her in a room now.

Nova is in 5, Talon's in 4 and Aqua's with Kaz in 1. biggrin.gif

Okay, not to complain or anything but can we slow down a little- for the other guys? We don't want to confuse them with three pages of just us posting...

I appear to be on the other side of the planet from you guys, and yet a majority of the posts up to soup's seem to have been made in the space of three hours!

Wait, you put a hydrphobe with someone made of water?

laugh.gif

Edited by sailing101

I appear to be on the other side of the planet from you guys, and yet a majority of the posts up to soup's seem to have been made in the space of three hours!

Wait, you put a hydrphobe with someone made of water?

laugh.gif

I completely forgot... *facepalm* Well, I figured he wasn't rabid-level hydrophobic, and Aqua's not gonna try to drown him any time soon... Right?

Oh well, conflict is fun! *trollface*

I completely forgot... *facepalm* Well, I figured he wasn't rabid-level hydrophobic, and Aqua's not gonna try to drown him any time soon... Right?

Oh well, conflict is fun! *trollface*

You're putting a cat with a fear of water and a hatred of men, in a room with a man made from water. How could this possibly go wrong?

*flings self on imaginary sofa, falls off*

I'm so tired today, I'mma just going to have a nap let other people catch up before I post...

I know Kestra leads a very busy life (always off saving the day somewhere and whatnot), so they sometimes get cut short when it comes to internet time.

That is, if they could be bothered to reply....

Sorry; had lectures and a late shift last night - I didn't get home until 0230hrs and had to be on-campus by 0900hrs the next morning, so no time to post.

For future reference; I'm a full-time student with three voluntary roles which between them take some twenty to thirty hours a week on top of what I already do. So I may not be able to chain-post every evening, but I do make the effort to be on as often as possible. I at least check the forums twice a day even if I don't get the chance to post.

Hello Ruins, I sent you a pm with my form... Was it accepted?

Hello Ruins, I sent you a pm with my form... Was it accepted?

More like 'forgotten for a bit, whoops'... What is Aether, anyway?

I believe its something to do with the heavens and gods. Like Ethereal beings such as Angels.

I may be wrong though.

edit:

in a lecture at the moment. won,t be able to reply until i get home in about 3hours time

edit 2:

found some time tompost. excuse any typo's. on an iPad.

Edited by TotallyDrow

I think Aether is either the stuff that Gods and Divine Beings are born from or manipulate to create life/worlds/other stuff.

Hey guys, my laptop's broken and I can only use my computer. Tomorrow is my homecoming, but I might be able to get a post up Sunday if I have free time.

Wow, I keep putting that off... Can't avoid it forever, though. I can't escape...

DR CONEL'S BIG SPEECH TIME.

Now I gotta work out what an arrogant, border-line sociopathic, mad German scientist would say on the first day of a new term. *facedesk*

So... was it accepted or not?

I don't really understand his powers, sorry.

I should stop shirking responsibility, I'm a bad, bad GM...

I know that this is only for people who have already been accepted, but I can't help but ask: is there something wrong with my form? If there is, then I'll change it. So, so sorry for spamming. I just really need to know.

May I see it? Maby with my unique brand of insanity, I'll be be to make some sense of it.

Sure, here you go.

Student

Username: Lore_Master

Name: Mical Conroy

Sex: Fifty dollars... I mean male

Description:  Mical typically bundles himself up in poofy clothing, such as thick hoodies and track pants.  He always wears a pair of sunglasses, since people tends to get freaked out by his milky-white eyes.  He likes to keep his brown hair in a small ponytail, since he thinks it fits him.  He is rather short for his age though, barely reaching 5'7.

Personality: Mical is a loner, plain and simple.  He doesn't like to socialize, since he fears rejection in all forms.  He also has trust issues, but is very supportive and kind to those he calls friends.  He does love to be creative, and tries to work around his blindness to make his ideas come alive.  Speaking of trying, he doesn't like to give up, and considers giving up the worst thing you can do.  He is rather quiet though, so its hard to learn anything about him... unless he's willing to socialize.

History: Born in northern Ireland, Mical was the first son born.  He had siblings, both sisters.  From what he could remember, his family had always been pro-active within their community.  One night at the age of five, he found himself in a bright, colourful place with a humongous white tree in the horizon which reached far into the sky.  When he 'came back', he couldn't see anything.  For the next two years, he had to deal with his blindness and his new powers.  He became an outcast, even among his own parents, who believe his powers were blasphemy to God.  The less that is asked about this period in his life, the better.  On his fifteen birthday, his uncle and aunt took him again to be sent to Dr Conel's Home For Gifted Children.

Powers:

1. Aether Manipulation: Although it took several years, repeated exposure to Aether had changed Mical.  When he turned twelve, he realized he could draw out the Aether and bring it into this world, like a conduit.  There are currently a few things he could do with Aether, since he doesn't have much experience.  He can form a thick whip from Aether and use it to attack, and can exhale it in the form of essence to heal minor wounds.  But with every use he runs the risk of contracting 'Aether Sickness', and he very afraid of getting it.

2. Summoning:  The Aether Realm is a strange place, with stranger creatures.  Depending on the size, Mical can summon a creature to him.  Currently, it could be as small as a ladybug or as big as a cat.  But he runs the risk of losing control... and there is no telling what a frightened creature will do in a strange, alien environment.

3. Dimensional Shifting: For a short period of time, Mical can assume an insubstantial form.  To everyone, it looks like he had become a ghost.  But to Mical, he is placed within the dimension of Aether.  He can see in this world, and move through walls.  However, this drains a lot of his energy, and has the highest risk of giving him 'Aether Sickness.'  With repeated exposure, he hopes he can stay in this state for a longer period of time and lower his chances of being harmed.

Strengths:  Mical is spiritually strong, given enough time he will pull himself up.  He is also immensely loyal to those who he calls friends, and will always have their back, no matter what.  He has also grown to using his other senses to move around, and on somedays appear like he had never lost sight.

Weaknesses: Despite his progress, his blindness still hampers him quite a great deal.  He is also current suffering from avoidant personality disorder, thus he finds it better to be alone.  In addition, he always runs the risk of getting 'Aether Sickness', where his physical body weakens for a period of time... and that's if he's lucky, the worse case scenario is death.

Other: N/A

Sure, here you go.

Ok, the problem is with his history, You need to explain that that world he went to was the Ather (because that is what I am assuming it to be) and why drawing on the essence of that world froms solid objects.

Redo the history in greater detail.