_Z_

Notice.

IOU's in trading topics will no longer be allowed.

OP's please edit your topic rules to reflect this change. Mods will edit topic rules if necessary.

edit: Having IOUs as a "have" or a "want" is both included and neither is allowed.

Gifting topics aren't affected as those are gifts not IOUs (as long as it is a true gift and nothing is expected in return).

If you have IOUs as either a have or a want in your trades, please remove them.

edit2 : FAQ complied by Thuban (thank you) :

No, gifting threads will not be affected, as those are not really trades. They are gifts.

IOUs in your sig/profile (Mods are discussing this and we will let you know.)

No, there will not be an iou trading thread allowed on this site. You are totally welcome to make a channel in the irc, or run something offsite in a forum of your own. You can engage in ious all you like by pm, chat (pms or user channels... no official areas) email.. whatever you want. Have fun. Not in the forum, not in the official chat channels.

No, you may not ask for holidays out of their breeding window. They can not possibly be bred outside of their breeding windows therefore it would be considered iou. (though, opening the door for asking for holidays like 2-3 days before events have started in the past might be an option and i plan to talk to the mods about that)

While we will not enforce iou trades that have gone badly, if you are being harrassed by a member either in pm, or in the chat, PLEASE make a report. It is not ok to harass or bully people for not paying up on their end. It is not ok to set all your friends after someone to threaten them to pay up or else. While we will not force a trade to be completed, we WILL take harassment issues that happen in PM here on the forum or in chat seriously. I do not tolerate bullying.

edit3: Change is being made to include no IOU posts to the long standing existing no IOU topics guidelines quoted below.

7. No IOU topics.

The following applies to all IOU threads and Posts in the trading section.

IOU's are not an option of the game, IOU's are agreements made between members. As we (DC) are not responsible for any IOU's made, allowing a topic/posts gives members the impression we condone the practice, which we don't. Therefore, these topics/posts will not be allowed.

Edited by _Z_

Have there been issues concerning IOU scams?

Should we delete our IOU trades?

Edited by IcarusTheDragon

Will there be a place where IOU's can be offered for special event breedings? I for one like to trade them with other folks and have never had a problem. (knock on wood)

I hate to be one to question rules...but _Z_ when some of the threads are about gifting what can be bred and what not will this rule affect them? (thinking both evengen threads and Breeding,Gifting) and what the cause for the rule change is? unsure.gif

Edit: I did a gift IOU where I requested something and the user told me they'd breed to get me what I needed, so in return I bred another dragon from a checker they said they liked. Would those be a problem? Really, I'd just like more info on whats allowed and whats not.

Edited by brairtrainer

I hate to be one to question rules...but _Z_ when some of the threads are about gifting what can be bred and what not will this rule affect them? (thinking both evengen threads and Breeding,Gifting) and what the cause for the rule change is? unsure.gif

^ this also

Mods discussed IOU's in the trading section, it was decided alloying them on the forum was giving the impression they were allowed. Members accept IOU's at their own risk, and will need to do so off the forum or take it to pm.

Rules/ Guidelines, for Site Discussion/Sub-forums.

http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=32652

7. No IOU topics.

The following applies to all IOU threads in SD and Posts in the trading section.

IOU's are not an option of the game, IOU's are agreements made between members. As we (DC) are not responsible for any IOU's made, allowing a topic/posts gives members the impression we condone the practice, which we don't. Therefore, these topics/posts will not be allowed.

Edited by _Z_

I know a lot of people won't like it, but I support the idea.

I've been asking myself how the cave would work if 2 months before the holiday, people have been trading the Halloween eggs. It's scary!

Edited by Yliah

I agree seeing new halloween dragons (2012) being traded is a bit un-nerving but I can can see this as being both good and bad. So I'm guessing all requests have to be made via pm now D:

Does this include asking for IOU's as well?

Yes. Having IOUs as a "have" or a "want" is both included.

Gifting topics aren't affected as those are gifts not IOUs (as long as it is a true gift and nothing is expected in return).

The above will be added to the first topic.

edit: The word topic above should have been post - meaning the first post in this topic/thread.

Edited by rubyshoes

I support this as well unu

I've had a lot of problems with IOUs in the past

Edited by CowlRaven

Can we put it in our signatures, saying that we will accept IOUs/will offer IOUs?

Can we put it in our signatures, saying that we will accept IOUs/will offer IOUs?

this, i would like if this is allowed smile.gif

Mods discussed IOU's in the trading section, it was decided alloying them on the forum was giving the impression they were allowed. Members accept IOU's at their own risk, and will need to do so off the forum or take it to pm.

Rules/ Guidelines, for Site Discussion/Sub-forums.

http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=32652

I am/was thinking along the lines of a contract - based trading thread:

Example:

Player A tries to get a 2nd gen Silver.

Player B wants to attain as many Caveblockers as possible.

They form a contract, where at the end of the month, Player B needs to have that silver, player A the hatchies. If one of them does not have what was in the contract, there will be no trade.

Will there be a place where IOU's can be offered for special event breedings? I for one like to trade them with other folks and have never had a problem. (knock on wood)

No, not on the forum.

Example:

They form a contract, where at the end of the month, Player B needs to have that silver, player A the hatchies. If one of them does not have what was in the contract, there will be no trade.

That seems like a pretty decent idea, but I think there would be conflict between users.

Yes. Having IOUs as a "have" or a "want" is both included.

The above will be added to the first topic.

How about Cave Plumbers and similar threads?

It is basically an IOU. smile.gif

@Z & Ruby: this kind of thread could also work for special event breeding, as it is NOT an IOU since it would not allow giving stuff in advance. (which would still be possible for players who want that)

I would like this to be allowed.

So, IOUs through pm only now?

Example:

I would think that that falls under an IOU thread and wouldn't be allowed.

edit: Saying you accept IOUs in your profile/signature is fine.

Edited by rubyshoes

I would think that that falls under an IOU thread and wouldn't be allowed.

How is that an "I OWE YOU something" thread, when nothing is given in advance?

There will be no trade unless both sides have what they contracted to.

oh, and @burning: there's always potential for conflict where humans trade. It's in our nature.

So, wait.. IOUs that are currently in play are still allowed, right?

What about something like..

I have a CB Gold, I want a Holly iou (5 months away from xmas), and someone pms them, is that not allowed?

Or, what about the other way, someone offering their Holly egg (at xmas) for a CB gold IOU?

ANOTHER EDIT: Or what if someone says I'll catch a CB gold for a holly egg (neither have it currently)

What about Holiday IOUs in general? Will it no longer be allowed to ask for halloween/xmas/valentines day ious in your "wanted" or in your sig? Or is it only allowed through pm and at both users risk?

*I don't fully understand this, that's why these Q's are here tongue.gif*

EDIT: Also, is anything that I currently have in my sig that needs to be removed?

Edited by sunsteps88