xxBurningxx

A Reward for Clicking Other People's Dragons?

getting a reward and all is nice, but really there are plenty of players that dont have the time to sit and click dragons all day. and for the people that do have the time and have a chance at getting this special dragon, it makes it a little unfair for the people that can't play that much. especially since clicks aren't even necessary for the dragon to grow.

so i do think it's a nice idea, just not that practical to me. :3

Perhaps it's time we start re-hashing out suggestions like this to promote more people giving views to dragons. o3o

On another adoptable site I have participated in, you could go to a fansite, click other people's things, and if you were logged in to the adoptables page (maybe needed to have it open in another tab, not sure) you would get the credit for clicking it.

Perhaps the same could be extended to views.

I tend to like the idea of having there be dragons that you can get from ways other than fast clicking in the cave. Hunting the biomes does NOT work for everybody. And I'm all for if you find that a game isn't working for you and you're not having fun, choose another game, but I also think that having a special dragon you can get from a different way doesn't have to diminish anything for the people who have gotten their dragons in traditional ways.

Well, personally, I click at least some dragons daily, on DDF and in Soti's ER, but on most sites now, separate pages come up so I don't do any clicking there anymore, although there are also other reasons involved, including previous repeated aggravation of tendon issues.

When I first started, I was very big on clicking other people's dragons to help them grow, but even apart from physical issues, that gets old, especially with all the pages of different fansites available these days.

But we do need to get people to understand how important it is to give Views back to fansites, because our dragon's numbers mostly suck these days, with low ratios of U Views to Views because of the same small group of people regularly giving back Views, (since it's possible to give only one Unique View, if many Views, from each IP address to each dragon,) which imbalance can really slow down various stages in the maturing process.

Although I must say that I prefer the idea of people doing it on a volunteer basis, because it's a universal dragon survival thing, rather than for rewards, which places a whole different psychological angle on an essential issue, making it seem more like a perk that only affects a badge if you don't bother with the activity, or an action that can end with the badge appearing, without affecting any dragons.

First, just have to say Do Not Support, at least not in a way that I can think of actually working.

First problem: IF the site was SOMEHOW able to track how many other-people's-dragons you viewed each day, and *reward* people for it, that would give a HUGE disadvantage to those users who only use forum-signatures. I know for a fact that dragons can still be raised just fine just by having them in a normal forum sig; However, how many other people on that forum have dragons in their sig? Who knows? And it's not exactly fair to tell those users to go refresh on a fansite for an hour when *their* eggs aren't getting any help from that fansite. And yet people who *do* use fansites can easily get a "reward" by just leaving the website open in a tab while they go play a completely different game. .... Which isn't exactly putting *any* effort in at all.

Second problem: How *exactly* would the site keep track of this? The title of the thread says clicks, but we all know clicks aren't necessary for dragons to grow and MANY people view tons of dragons but don't *click* them, so that wouldn't count? And what about fansites, I often have AoND refreshing every 3 minutes for roughly an hour a day, but how on earth is the SITE going to know that MY SCROLL is connected to those views I'm giving?

I'm honestly completely lost on how this would even work.

edit: And heck to the freaking NO for rewarding with dragons! Spontaneous egg creation, no "perks" for donors, this forum is FULL of reasons/rules for NOT just giving dragons away, even as "perks" or "rewards".

Edited by Marie19R

I liked the way Daily Dragon Fix did this — to be kept in the database in the clicksite, you had to click at least 20 eggs. It didn't take all that long to do, and everybody was getting views and clicks.

EATW now has the message reminding us to give views, but the autoviewer never "completes a cycle" for me. I can leave the thing running all day and never get above 0% completed. Which is weird, since I'm not blocking cookies or anything like that.

As far as an in-cave reward, what about a badge for clicking on 20 dragons in one day that goes to a "tarnished" form if you haven't clicked on anything for a certain period (maybe three days or such). To un-tarnish, you would just have to click 20 dragons again. This is assuming that the cookie that we have from Dragcave is enough to track the clicks that we make through other sites…

I like the simple idea of a badge.

I still don't like counting "clicks". Why would users get a reward for *clicking* dragons when clicking isn't necessary at all? We need more users to do their part in giving views/UVs, sure, but to reward them for something that dragons don't even need?

Edited by Marie19R

I still don't like counting "clicks". Why would users get a reward for *clicking* dragons when clicking isn't necessary at all? We need more users to do their part in giving views/UVs, sure, but to reward them for something that dragons don't even need?

^This!^

I don't need OR want ANY clicks on my eggs and hatchlings. Scroll views, yes, please, for the Views/UVs, but just open a fansite viewer in a tab and let it run. That will handle all the views easily, but NO clicks, PLEASE.

No on Badges for Clicks

Isn't the fact that our own dragons are clicked and viewed in return and thus, helped to grow reward enough?

This is what I was thinking too.

When I've clicked on all dragons on DDF or see that a full cycle has been completed in the EATW autoviewer I feel happy, if there was a reward it would feel more like work (and everyone who didn't get a reward would probably complain and maybe even stop bothering to give views out of frustration).

I don't think this is really necessary. Just pop em' in a fan site and they'll get the views they need. No need to go around tempting people with a reward for clicking.

If there's going to be a reward, I'd say it needs to be something that doesn't really leave out those who don't do it, gameplay wise. Something simple like a badge or a different skin to use for the site or a fun-but-not-helpful BSA-esque ability like "Splash" or something else that doesn't impact gameplay itself when you reach a certain level.

OR a perk that only stays when you have met the requirement for the last x-amount of time, but would go away if you fall below that until you reach that point again. Again, NOT something that affects gameplay, just something "fun" that people may or may not wish to participate in.

I would be absolutely AGAINST anything that involved "purchasing" eggs (whether they be available for the perk points only or dragons easily obtained from the cave), extra egg slots, BSA-type abilities that help with obtaining or raising dragons and are only available to those with the perks, alts of existing dragons, increased chances of summoning, or anything that would skew our already skewed trading system even more.

I remember a long time ago, someone mentioned the idea of dragons 'finding' things around the site, and I thought that was neat. For example, your dragons have a very slight chance of finding trinkets as you view pages on the site that you can add to a treasure pile, viewable like the Easter Egg basket. It doesn't affect gameplay in any way, but it would be a point of pride for people who put in some extra effort and give out clicks, or spend a lot of time hunting/clicking/refreshing throughout the site.

Edited by Crysera

The trouble with this, as I see it, is the number of people who would go around clicking every dragon they could find - including many whose owners don't really WANT to have to hide their scrolls, but who don't want that.

And so - I ask again for the facility to hide our GROWING things from other users but not from fansites and show adults only (we can do it the other way around as things stand, which is in my view not the more useful option. THEN I'd be OK with this idea as long as the reward was a badge or something. NOT anything that was in any way like currency.

I don't think this is really necessary. Just pop em' in a fan site and they'll get the views they need. No need to go around tempting people with a reward for clicking.

Very recently, some of the clicksites were having trouble with a large lack of views from users, so it doesn't always take care of itself. My younger brother and I are some of the people who just sit around and click tons in the clicksites to actually help out. Just saying. :3

Like some people have said, I did like the way DDF ( Daily Dragon Fix ) handled it, and you did see the clicks accumulate more on dragons that were in than those that were not! I only dropped it because there was kind of a drought of clicks for some reason, once.

But perhaps DC could implement something closer along the lines of that, getting what you give, instead of some literal reward?

And so - I ask again for the facility to hide our GROWING things from other users but not from fansites and show adults only (we can do it the other way around as things stand, which is in my view not the more useful option. THEN I'd be OK with this idea as long as the reward was a badge or something. NOT anything that was in any way like currency.

This would give another ( and really good ) reason to add this. I never.. understood why we had hiding adults and NOT hiding growing babies? lmaoo. x3 Even if this suggestion isn't added, we could still really use this one, Fuzz. So many reasons, obviously.

This would give another ( and really good ) reason to add this. I never.. understood why we had hiding adults and NOT hiding growing babies? lmaoo. x3 Even if this suggestion isn't added, we could still really use this one, Fuzz. So many reasons, obviously.

I think there was a thread somewhere... I'd start one, but it would be a duplicate, I suspect.

I don't particularly think dragons as a prize is what I would want, but I think a reward is the best way to impress upon users that it's kind to give back views.

I think users who only use forums is a good point, but back when I used gaia, I still viewed plenty! And it lagged less for me than fansites do. =p

If people didn't want to go that route, I think going back to the idea of having an in cave place where people can view dragons submitted there is probably something to think on. Lots of people like trawling the wilderness and even the graveyard, so I can imagine it would encourage some to give some views. I know the worry last time was that then fansites would be obsolete, so...

Maybe the more you click others, the less stats yours take to grow up. I don't mean it in a huge way, but kind of like how eggs bred and raised on your scroll are supposed to receive a boost to growing up.

I don't like the idea of a badge, because what happens once you have earned it? I doubt many will continue clicking once it has been reached. I am not opposed to the reward of an otherwise exclusive dragon(I AM against handing out currently released dragons though), but it is so unpopular I don't see it likely to happen.

OK - can't find it so posted a poll....

here.