xxBurningxx

A Reward for Clicking Other People's Dragons?

Hi!~

This idea is based off of something you can get on another adoptable site, called Project Nyoka! The basic idea is that every time you look at a view page for any hatchling/egg that isn't your own, there is a tiny tiny chance you'll receive a special dragon.

I understand the difference in clicking between the two sites, so I think this "special dragon" would have to have a very very very small chance of getting (maybe around 2 - 4 percent). Also, if you receive one, it would already be an adult or act as a frozen hatchie (similar to a leetle tree) that way you avoid users possibly getting one while they're locked and can't take eggs.

You can receive more than one of these special dragons as well.

I think this idea works better than a badge, because with a badge, you could only get one, whereas with a dragon, users could see the difference in how much that person clicks. Like, if a user has one special dragon, you would know they click a lot. If a user has, oh lets say, 10, you would know that they click A LOT of dragons.

Another idea would be different colored sprites, but I don't really know how that would play into this...

As for the actual sprite and design of this dragon itself, that would be totally up to someone else (I can't do that stuff! Haha!)

Other suggestions, anyone? I think this would be cool~

I assume the main reason of this is to reward people for clicking, but... it's not really necessary. By visiting some of the wonderful 'hatchery' sites there are for DC, I can give 200+ unique views out in under ten seconds--but having to click would be veryyy slowww, and it's not necessary to help people's eggs hatch--UVs can do that just fine. ^^;

I assume the main reason of this is to reward people for clicking, but... it's not really necessary. By visiting some of the wonderful 'hatchery' sites there are for DC, I can give 200+ unique views out in under ten seconds--but having to click would be veryyy slowww, and it's not necessary to help people's eggs hatch--UVs can do that just fine. ^^;

Yes, I see that. I think it would just add a little, I don't know...something...I think if this idea were to ever really work, it would require a lot of tweaking. Although I still like the idea. But yeah, there needs to be more of an actual reason to actually need to click other dragons.

Perhaps UV should be added into helping a dragon hatch/mature? Hmm.

Edited by xxBurningxx

Yes, I see that. I think would just add a little, I don't know...something...I think if this idea were to ever really work, it would require a lot of tweaking. Although I still like the idea, but yeah, there needs to be more of an actual reason to do that.

Perhaps UV should be added into helping a dragon hatch/mature? Hmm.

Unique Views DO help the dragon hatch/mature, you need them in order to bump the regular views.

Not sure there is any real way to capture that info as clicking/viewing is mostly done off site- and asking for them is considered spam on the forum.

Even if it could be done- I vote No.

your reward for viewing /clicking is getting views/clicks from others and having your dragons grow without using ER

I am against "special dragon" rewards.

And I'm pretty darn sure they help on their own. A dragon with a low view to unique view ratio can still hatch, even with the views much lower than will cause hatching in an egg with lower uniques.

I don't think this is necessary. Clicks are not needed, and people cooperate with fansites to give views and uniques.

Edited by Pokemonfan13

Unique Views DO help the dragon hatch/mature, you need them in order to bump the regular views.

Oh, oops, not sure what I was thinking there. Derp.

Again, this would require lots of tweaking.

And I'm pretty darn sure they help on their own. A dragon with a low view to unique view ratio can still hatch, even with the views much lower than will cause hatching in an egg with lower uniques.

I don't think this is necessary. Clicks are not needed, and people cooperate with fansites to give views and uniques.

I'm thinking...

Change this all up:

Allow one "special dragon" only when reaching an absurd number of total UVs you gave. Not sure...

Oh, oops, not sure what I was thinking there. Derp.

Again, this would require lots of tweaking.

I'm not entirely opposed to the idea of getting a dragon from giving overall views/UVs, but a few things would have to be thunk on, as you said smile.gif

1) Is there a way for the site to track who gives views?

2) What type of dragon would it be? Limited and unbreedable (ex: GoNs), or unlimited and breedable?

3) There's probably other things to consider but I'm too tired to think of them atm, ahaha!

I'm not entirely opposed to the idea of getting a dragon from giving overall views/UVs, but a few things would have to be thunk on, as you said smile.gif

1) Is there a way for the site to track who gives views?

2) What type of dragon would it be? Limited and unbreedable (ex: GoNs), or unlimited and breedable?

3) There's probably other things to consider but I'm too tired to think of them atm, ahaha!

Haha, yes.

The first post was just an idea to be thrown on the table, so that it can be chopped up into little pieces.

After a little pondering, I'm thinking it would be limited and unbreedable.

Nopls. Let's stick to getting dragons as we already do.

I agree with that...

I just dont think there should be another new prize dragon, but I'd like the idea of a clicker badge....

I agree with that...

I just dont think there should be another new prize dragon, but I'd like the idea of a clicker badge....

Scratching out my original idea, I think a badge might possibly work? Questions that would need to be worked out:

Would it be based off just UVs, or a combination of views and UVs?

How would the site keep track of that? (I'm not tech savvy, and I have no idea how that works xd.png)

And because of "hatcheries", it would have to be like I said, and absurd amount...

Yeah, that would make more sense.

Maybe different levels to the badge? (Like the bronze, silver, and gold dragon badge)

And if it were a badge, a sprite idea would it being a mouse cursor.

Yeah, that would make more sense.

Maybe different levels to the badge? (Like the bronze, silver, and gold dragon badge)

And if it were a badge, a sprite idea would it being a mouse cursor.

Sorry, I deleted my post. But yeah/

What about people who don't want to see 'rewards' for clicking? I don't have time to click, but leave a few fansites in the background so I don't mercilessly let dragons die. I feel like it would be rather elitist to see a reward for someone just -clicking- something. Maybe you'd get bragging rights, but this feels.. I don't know, I feel like it would have to turn into some event so it would be fair. Every badge we have earned so far is because of an event. It would be wrong to change the spirit of that, imo.

I don't want to see rewards - but even if I did - this cannot work; as someone said, most clicking is done off site and there is no way to know who did it. Some fan sites do name the top clickers, but that is only from the numbers of clicks on their own sites.

No. If only because I hate games of chance - or getting a reward by chance. Take summoning, for example. Some people summon twice, and have two GoN. Others summon for (now) 2.5 years every other week - and don't have a single GoN to show for it.

No. If only because I hate games of chance - or getting a reward by chance. Take summoning, for example. Some people summon twice, and have two GoN. Others summon for (now) 2.5 years every other week - and don't have a single GoN to show for it.

*sob*

One of those is me.... But this would be more like splash. Still don't support.

Edited by fuzzbucket

Isn't the fact that our own dragons are clicked and viewed in return and thus, helped to grow reward enough?

I like how you need to work to catch, hatch, and raise rare/ special dragons on your own. Giving people free dragons like that without trading or being gifted through the forums isn't fair.

I do agree with this, although getting more than one is unnessisary. Maybe like GoNs, once you get two your chances are done. But plan free dragons are not awesome things at all, any one can get them. My oponion.

Edited for spelling.

Edited by libby2999

Isn't the fact that our own dragons are clicked and viewed in return and thus, helped to grow reward enough?

This.

Haha, I see that this would probably never work, so...Eh, like I said earlier, this was just a quick off-the-top-of-my-head sorta idea that was slopped down on the table~

Tj might have liked you if you said you were influenced from Leetle Adoptables xd.png. Cause when I saw the title that is what I thought of.