Jemindra

Plushies!

hmm, maybe I SHOULD finally try to make >ANYTHING< like a plush xd.png.

o.o.

maybe it could even be something else then a pillow or just a weird thing. o.o

just maybe xd.png

now I gt a week off anyways...

I decided I should write in this thread since it's almost lost and since I wanted something to look at for a while (I still love this thread, hehe, it gives me so much motivation to just look at the pictures in it).

I'm happy I've vacation right now, so if I'm not too lazy I should be able to at least finish the things I'm working on right now... I truly wants to sew the vampires... And a frill wouldn't be all wrong either... But I don't have any fabric for them... And I've been thinking about to sew Cour (nah, you probably don't know who he is since he's my own created dragon, hehe) quite soon... And then after him Cynder and Sparx... So I guess I won't be able to sew any of the dragons from dc for quite some time because of that (yes, I'm quite slow to sew things due to I've quite much in school to do and since my sewingmachine is somewhere around 20 years old and works as she please).. /:

I decided I should write in this thread since it's almost lost and since I wanted something to look at for a while (I still love this thread, hehe, it gives me so much motivation to just look at the pictures in it).

me too ^^.

it has been lost already btw, but its revived biggrin.gif.

hmm a little while before halloween though tongue.gif

BTW is Cour the dragon in ur avatar... ?

Guess the breed.

user posted image

Started it 3 mos. ago and rediscovered it today. It's a little more complete than what's in the picture.

@DillyGirl; Yepp, the one and only. ^^ Or at least it's his silhouette. (x

@sir_horsey_XIX; That looks amazing this far! biggrin.gif And that picture of yours just made me decide I should go and sew some myself right away. tongue.gif

=O Is it a vampire?

Looks like an awesome start. Wondering how much further you got. :3

Yep. The two halves of his body are sewn together and the front legs are completed. I also sewed the chin on, but (1. the piece I cut out was too small, so I have to go back and cut out a new one and (2. I forgot to put the fangs in, so I have to make a 3rd attempt at it before going any further. 3rd time actually worked, for once. :P

Still have to attatch the wings, re-pattern the belley, and attatch the belley before it actually starts looking like a vamp, so it's about 1/2 finished.

@caius, If you want to sew your own and don't know where to start, I can help you get ideas on simple patterns. The vamp is based on a basic 8-piece pattern I developed, and I'm not really uptight about my art copyrights.

Edited by sir_horsey_XIX

@sir_horsey_XIX; That's kind of you. (: The only problem I've this far when I tried to make my first pattern to a plush was the head, I tried over and over again until I got something that kind of looks like a dragon head. Though, I'm not so sure that it look likes Spyro's head... At least it's a dragon head, even though I haven't attached the horns and eyes to it yet.

And I guess I won't feel too ashamed of Spyro when he's done, since he's the first plush I ever sew and made the patterns to myself. This far I'm quite proud that I almost have finished him (but I'm not proud over the time I've spent when I've been working on him).

Almost done. Just need to do the eyes, spade, designs, and wings. To give an idea of his size, the toy car in the second picture is a normal Hot Wheels car.

user posted imageuser posted image

user posted image

Edited by sir_horsey_XIX

*bump*

Quick question: Does anyone know how to make and attach eyes for my vampire that are durable and not linked to an online tutorial? My computer blocks sites for every excuse a person can think of and my dad isn't budging when it comes to using blocked sites. I tried applique and they look horrendous. Anything else I could try on fleece?

user posted image

Its almost done ^^ Just the wings and then the plush is finally finished. The vamp turned out to be a good 60 cm long so yeah he pretty much takes up most of my cluttered desk xp

I will probably auction the plush off when it's done (with permission ofcourse). I'd like to keep him myself but it simply cost too much in total to keep (and it takes up too much room tongue.gif So yeah...

That looks great Sir Horsey!

I think Goikuchan used to iron them or or so. I don't know how that works xd.png.

These eyes actually look more like theyre sewn on, I think.

Anyways, theres more ppl (Goikuchan) who made vamps before biggrin.gif.

I think they all look fantastic ^^.

Goikuchan also made a hatche :3.

is looks like this;

user posted image

W00T for all awesome Vamp plushies :3!!!

Does anyone know of any cool plushie things, or tutorials that I could use to help me make one? biggrin.gif Thanks!

I don't know of any tutorials, but I started making plushies by trying to imitate existing dolls. I would recommend familiarizing yourself with how certain 3D shapes are made, such as cylinders (both circular and triangular), spheres, pyramids and boxes, using fabric and stuffing. I make my designs with these shapes in mind.

I wonder if I should try and make a plushie. If I do, I am going to attempt a Nebula since I like how pretty those are.

If I can "blindly*" sew an Eternal Sailormoon costume for myself, I could probably do a plushie. xd.png

* = I did not use any patterns which is not a common thing when sewing clothes.

My hope is to make a holly plushie but lets get real that's not going to happen.

Why not?

And about eyes, if you guys are interested in this kind of eye, you could try these printable fabric things.

user posted image

Link

They work well for Pokemon, if you're willing to order them you might find them useful too.

It won't happen because I am still in school and I have skiing on the weekends from 9:00 through 2:00 eastern time. I have started on some patterns but haven't finished all of them.

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

By the way, I made a tiny fox plushie and have started on a white cat.

EDIT: Found a good camera

Edited by sir_horsey_XIX

@AAurion; I think it's something like that I used when I made the eyes to my Spyro plush... But I'm not sure. Maybe that I could buy them and try (after all, I'm 18 now, so my mom can't say no). (:

@sir_horsey_XIX; Aaaw, how cute he turned out! biggrin.gif

Okay. I REALLY want. One problem.

My mom hates plushies.

I think I can talk her into letting me get one but I'd love a Horsey Dragon.

What exactly is your next project?

Any current plushies for sale?

I'd love to learn how to make plushies, especially Pokemon ones. Unfortunately, I only know the basics of sewing and I don't know if I have enough money for fabrics.