Moonbeam22

Riders of Berk

When Kaiya reached the arena, the sun had just cleared the horizon. Zeus flew down from the bloodstained sky and landed next to her. Taking a deep breath, she opened the door and stepped inside.

The arena was so much bigger on the inside. Hiccup and Astrid were busy setting up what looked like types of saddles. Kaiya saw no other new trainers, so stayed quite. Zeus, however, had other ideas. Toothless lay in against the wall of the arena watching Hiccup. The Skrill boldly walked over to him, using his wings as a second set of legs. The Night Fury lifted his head and growled, getting to his feet. "Zeus!" Kaiya said desperately, running after him.

The two strike dragons circled each other for a minute, both waiting for another to make a move. Zeus lunged forward, but Tootless dodged, tripped him, and pinned him in one swift movement. The Skrill roared and sent lightning at the Night Fury, causing him to rear back and allowing Zeus to slip away.

"Toothless, that's enough," came a voice from the right. Hiccup was walking over, arms crossed. "Now that's no way to treat a new student." Toothless snorted and flumped back down in the shade. Coming over to Kaiya he said, "Sorry about that. You must be Kaiya. I think you're the first student with a Skrill I've seen."

"Yeah, that's me," Kaiya replied, embarrassed. "And I'm sorry about Zeus. He can be a bit over dominant of you know what I mean." Hiccup laughed and replied, "I've never seen a dragon challenge Toothless before. He has spunk I'll tell you that. Now, I think I see more students coming..."

Fiona entered the arena and saw a couple more people. Skye flew in and landed next to her. "Um... am I late?" she asked. She really did not want to make a bad impression on anyone. She was shy as heck and Skye stayed calmly by her side.

"No, you aren't late," Hiccup said as another new trainer entered the arena. "If fact, you're a bit early. Why don't you look through the saddles we have and find one that suits your dragon. Once we have the class together we will be doing flying lessons."

Kaiya walked over to the pile of saddles indicated. She sifted through them until finding one with extra layers of padding underneath. It was both heat and electric resistant. "Perfect," she said, and busied herself in fitting it to Zeus.

"Right, come on girl." she said to Skye. Skye followed her and looked around. Fiona looked through the saddles trying to find one that would fit Skye best. She found a saddle that had Celtic designs and was waterproof. "Perfect. Come Skye let's see if this fits." she said and got to work on fitting Skye.

Kaiya soon finished fastening the saddle to Zeus. He rolled his shoulders and twisted his body to get a feel for it. Hiccup was mounting Toothless. "Looks as if no one else if going to show up today," he said, slipping his metal foot into the stirrup of the Night Fury's saddle. "We'll start off easy. Follow me to the cove and we will continue our lesson there."

Without another word, Hiccup opened the prosthetic tail fin on Toothless, and the black dragon leapt into the air. Smiling, Kaiya mounted Zeus. "You ready bud?," she asked. The Skrill blinked back to her in reply, and took off after Toothless.

Fiona looked at the two fly off and got on Skye. "Come on girl let's follow them all right." she said. Skye flew and followed the duo to the cove. Fiona looked around and noticed that Skye blended in with the sky. "I hope that no one thinks that I'm flying in the air instead of on a dragon." she said.

Cregga was late, very late because Russano kept goofing off. Seeing the others head for the cove, Cregga had to get in position behind them.

"Sorry I'm late, all Russano wants to do is take a nap!" Cregga apologized, wondering if Hiccup was goin to be mad at her.

((Bumpo. I want to allow more people to join since this is a good place to hurry in))

Flight was exhilarating. Wind tore through Kaiya's hair, undoing her braid. She hardly noticed. Zeus's large wings beat strongly beneath her, propelling them onwards at blinding speeds. Toothless and Hiccup were in sight again, and so was the cove. She couldn't believe how quickly they had gotten there, as it would have taken an hour to get there on foot. The young viking couldn't helo but adrire the Skrill's speed in flight.

After dragging his stubborn dragon out of it's bed and stopped it from blowing up the whole village, Nico was already on it's bare back without any saddle on and soaring through the sky on the Monsterous Nightmare.

"Whatever you do, don't turn yourself on fire!" he would keep reminding the dragon over and over again. He could imagine Ferno saying, "Don't temp me." Nico grinned at that thought as he felt the dragon turning swiftly in air as he held onto it's spine for his life. The sky was beautifully blue with white clouds everywhere. The wind hissed loudly as he felt Ferno's wings flapping harder and faster to catch up to their late lesson.

He thought he saw a girl flying through the air without a dragon and it taken a while for him to figure out that the girl was actually riding on a Changewing. One of those dragons that blend in with anything. Nico can hear Ferno growling excitedly, flames appeared on his neck and was crawling down towards the tail. "No!" he strictly told it. Instantly, the flames faded away before they could reach Nico. If he could understand dragon language, he guessed that Ferno was swearing at him so much that Toothless would wash his mouth out with saddle soap.

Fiona followed the others on Skye and looked around at the scenery. "We're lucky aren't we Skye girl?" she said. She could imagine Skye agreeing with her on the luck. She saw the cove ahead and smiled. She smelled smoke for a minute and it vanished. She figured that someone's dragon probably did that and pushed it to the side for now.

Russano rolled his eyes as he followed the other dragons. All he wanted to do was fall asleep, but he had to follow Cregga's instructions to follow the others. He kept looking down for a good sleeping place later.

Kaiya could see Toothless landing in the middle of the cove. It was beautiful; grassy ground dotted with trees and a pond in the middle. It was surrounded by sheer rock, making it hard to see from ground level. Zeus glided down to the ground and landed with a soft thump. Kaiya quickly dismounted and walked with the Skrill over to Hiccup.

Cregga was glad that they were landing. Looking around, Cregga was impressed of the cove that they were at. A perfect hiding place for a wounded dragon. While Cregga was destracted, Russano slipped off to sleep behind a rock. When Cregga turned around, she noticed Russano was gone.

"Russano!" Cregga moaned.

Fiona and Skye landed on the ground. Fiona dismounted and petted Skye gently. She wondered if they were ever going to introduce names to each other. She worried about making a bad impression on them.

Once everyone was assembled, Hiccup spoke. "Well, welcome all of you to your first lesson in dragon training. We have a lot to go over today, but I think we ought to start with introductions and giving you a copy of the Book of Dragons. Why don't we start with you," he said, motioning to Kaiya. Feeling a bit nervous, Kaiya said, "Hi everyone, my name is Kaiya. This is Zeus, my Skrill. I found him after last month's storm injured by the shore. We've been partners ever since."

After she was done speaking, Hiccup handed her a freshly bound book. It was a newly written copy if the Book of Dragons. Inside lay dozens of species, all classified into... well classes. The only difference from the original book was that the Night Fury page was filled, and had tips on training rather than killing.

Cregga was somewhat relieved. If they weren't actually doing some serious training today, she could let Russano sleep somewhat. She might even have to get strict with him later.

Fiona wondered about who should go next and was nervous. She remembered about how she met Skye and relieved the moment in her head. She looked down at Skye and petted her head. She remembered being caught up in a storm near her father's grave as she was grieving. She remembered being so heartbroken over her fathers death that the next thing she knew she felt something hit her to the ground. The thunder struck where she should have been sitting at and saw Skye looking at her curiously. She then remembered the dragon left for a while and came back to the same spot. Since then Skye has not left her. She was snapped out of her thoughts when she felt Skye rub her hand with her head. "Um.... my name's Fiona and this is my Changewing Skye. Um... actually she found me by my father's grave during a storm. Since then we've been partners." she said quietly to herself as practice. She wanted to at least not sound too nervous when her turn came up.

Nico just blinked as Hiccup told them what to do. "Well I'm Nico. This is Ferno. Our story is quiet... Interesting." Crazy might be a better word, he thought silently to himself. "Well first, I was walking down the woods. Then Ferno came out of the sky and tried to attack me, he was trying to protect his territory. Then he erm... Crashed into a tree and knocked himself out." He heard some laughter when he said that. He could had sworn that the Monsterous Nightmare's cheeks flushed. "I was going to go over and help him then he shot back into his claws/feet and gave a big chase after me," he grinned as he remembered those moments of screaming. "Then he gotten himself trapped underneath a tree. I gotten it off him then he began to follow me everywhere. That's how we became friends." Ferno nodded in agreement.

(( Hey, it's going to be boring if we're just only going around learning how to train our dragon and stuff. Maybe we should add in some action, you know? Like maybe if the tribe get's rivals or there was a dragon attack on their village? Maybe there could be a pack of dragons that hate humans and trained dragons? ))

Thoreus woke up by the roar of his Boneknapper , he tought he was forgetting something then it popped out."Im late!" he yelled in despair , he started putting his clother on and brushed his teeth.He got up on Boney's back and rushed as fast as they could to the arena.With one loud noise they crashed landed near the arena and ran inside with Boney "Im late aren't i?" he panted.

Edited by flyking

Cregga smiled at the time she met Russano. He gotten injured by a nightmare a while back and ever since then Cregga took care of him. Ever since then, all he wants to do is sleep.

((Looks like the hurricane is hitting around my area. Um...I don't know how long it will last for so can someone fill me in on what happened once I get back? *worried*))

Fiona kept her gaze on the ground pretty nervous about making a bad impression on people. She stroked Skye's head and kept calm. She did not want anyone to think that she was a bit meek.

((I hope you don't get hit too badly. sad.gif ))

Before Kaiya could get any further in the book, a Deadly Nadder came soaring down into the clearing. From her back jumped Astrid, who looked panicky. "Hiccup, there are a group of Zipplebacks rampaging at the village. I have no idea why, and the sheep and oxen are scattered."

Hiccup calmly listened and replied, "Okay let's go." As he mounted Toothless he told the class, "You ten need to get the animals back. Use your dragons to herd them. Kaiya, Zeus, Fiona, Skye, Thoreus, and Boney find the flick of sheep. Cregga, Russano, Nico, and Ferno take the oxen. Astrid, the rest of the gang and I will take the Zipplebacks. Good luck."

With a roar, Toothless took off after Stormfly towards the village. Stuffing the book in her back, Kaiya quickly mounted Zeus. "Let's go," she said to her teammates before the Skrill launched itself into the sky.

Fiona quickly snapped out of her thoughts and quickly mounted Skye. "Come on girl let's go find the sheep okay." she said. Skye took off following Kaiya and her dragon. Fiona looked around trying to see of she could see the flock of sheep.

((Thank you))

Edited by MissDarkCeltic18