Ruins

Dr Conel's Home For Gifted Children

"I'm twenty" he said with a small chuckle. "This is my final year here at the school."

At that exact moment a large black butterfly landed on the side of Abel's head. It quickly crawled down towards his ear and forced itself inside. It's touch was so light Abel didn't realise it had appeared until too late, making his frantic grab for his ear pointless.

He made an expression of extreme discomfort and screwed up his eyes in apprehension. In truth it didn't really hurt, but it was exceptionally unpleasant sensation. Even though he knew it wouldn't do any good Abel kept scratching at his ear.

"I do wish you would stop doing that" he muttered. "And don't spend all day in there."

Mist's eyes widened. He was old. "I'm fifteen," she murmured back. Movement caught her eye, and she watched in horror as a large black butterfly wormed its way into his ear. Her eyes were wide and her mouth gaped. "Th-There's a butterfly in your ear! You're gonna die!" she shrieked, although the exclamation probably couldn't be heard by anyone else other than him. It was still pretty loud in the room. Why wasn't he screaming and running about? There was a butterfly in his brain! She most definitely did not want him to die. She didn't want anyone to die, really. But he seemed to be her first sort of friend, or at least someone she could talk to and follow about. Looking up at him with worry clear in her eyes, she nibbled on her bottom lip.

Edited by Chicogal

"It's okay" said Abel, trying to calm Mist down. "They won't hurt me. It's just something they like to do. I'm protected from such things."

He quickly glanced around the room, but no one else seemed to have noticed Mist's cries. Just as well. He didn't want there to be a fuss and for her to get embarrassed.

Abel shifted the book under his arm. With his attempts to catch the butterfly it had started to slip. If it fell to the floor it might well attract some unwanted attention. With it firmly back in place he turned back to Mist.

"What about you?" he asked trying to change the subject. "What brought you here?"

((Edited a sentance to make it something more like what Abel would say.))

Edited by Fortune86

Mist's heart was still pounding rather quickly in her chest, but she relaxed a bit when he reassured her. So that was one of his abilities? Letting a butterfly go inside his head? She hadn't realised at the time, but her hand had tightened when she had seen the butterfly's feat. She forced her fingers to relax. At his question, she looked slightly sad as she spoke, eyes drifting downward. "Everyone thought I was weird at my old school... Not even my mom or sister really like me anymore. So my dad sent me here when he found out about it." She looked back up at him, unsure whether or not to tell him what she could do. Ah, well. He would find out eventually anyway and he seemed trustworthy to not go blabbing about. "My powers are with water. I guess that's why my hair turned this colour, I guess..." she said softly.

"Water huh? That sounds pretty cool. Better than this anyway."

He pointed at his ear and grinned. It seemed like Mist wasn't too keen on her powers, but from where he stood they sounded quite useful. Water based powers could probably help a lot of people if used correctly.

Abel had picked up on what she said about her family not really liking her any more and could sympathise. His own family had turned against him three years ago. They hadn't so much as kicked him out, being far too afraid of him now, but the atmosphere in the house now told him he was unwelcome. He had had to leave.

Lowering his hand he put it on Mist's shoulder.

"Don't worry about not fitting in here. Trust me when I say ear butterflies aren't the oddest thing you are going to see."

((Hi, sorry, I was just wondering what's the current state of the approval process on your end? Are you waiting for me to make more critiques, or are you roleplaying while you make the layouts, or is it something else? Thanks.))

((Well, we have maps and nobody made any critiques lately, so I thought I was ready... So I guess we're just RPing to pass the time before it's accepted.))

Garth shook the Marik's hand with his own (slightly cold) one, noting the other's worry with a little disappointment; while most was obviously about finding himself in a new place without anyone he knew, some of it, the Umbramancer knew, was directed at his appearance. In a way he never really got used to it, no matter how hard he tried, but he supposed it was something that was never going to change. Garth was silent for a second as the newcomer talked, glancing at the floor, but when he heard that Marik was looking for Room 2, he couldn't help but grin.

"Oh, that's my room!" he exclaimed, suddenly all smiles and cheerfulness; it was all he could do not to clap his hands like an overexcited schoolchild. "I'm sorry I wasn't there last night, I was in the library catching up with work... I'm a bit of a night owl, you see, comes with the territory." Vampire territory, his teeth seemed to say as Garth glanced at the grand clock on the wall. "I think we have a couple of minutes before Dr Conel does his little start-of-year-show (It's always good fun, we don't want to miss it) but it'd be quicker if we took my shortcut... If you want to of course. Some people don't like it much."

As Garth spoke, Dr Conel was doing a quick round of the Infirmary, checking on his handful of patients before he made his way to the Dining Hall. He patted his lab-coat pocket, checking that what he needed was still in there, and gave the door to his Private Labs a quick tug, to check that it was still locked. Satisfied with both, he left the Infirmary and walked into the thinning crowds in the Entrance Hall, his arrival spurring those stragglers still hanging around to go and find a seat. Being late for Conel's speech was a big no-no and not arriving at all was even worse. Nobody wanted to get on the rather arrogant scientist's bad side...

Mist dipped her head, smiling slightly for probably the first time that day. Well, it hadn't been very much of a day, but anyway. It was kind of him to be nice about her powers, but she didn't think they could really do much. All she really did was make pretty sculptures and amuse herself with floating it about. Oh, and zooming through the water when in the pool. That was fun, manipulating it above herself. She fiddled with her skirt again as he laid a comforting hand on her shoulder. Stranger things than butterflies squeezing into heads? She couldn't really imagine anything much stranger than that. "...I have one more question," she murmured. "Are we all... In one big class? Nobody said anything about stuff like that."

“Ugh…” The blonde girl groaned as she bumped her shoulder into the wall. Light switches, why did they have to be so hard to find in the morning? Finally finding the light, the girl pulled her hair back in a pony-tail and got dressed; throwing a pair of sweatpants over what she would wear for gym. If it hadn’t been for the new students, she probably would have just gone straight to the gym hall, and warmed up on her own outside before practicing some of her old routines. But, there where people here, so she might as well go down to the dining hall. Breakfast was probably a good idea anyways.

Turning off the lights as she left her room, Lea made her way down to the dining hall, sending a few curious glances at the students she didn’t know. Rubbing her arm, as her muscles had annoyingly started to twitch again; she opened the door to the dining hall and stepped inside. She looked around, and as she saw Dr. Conel approach, found the first empty seat and sat down.

"Yes" said Abel. "We never get enough people to have seperate classes you see. We do tend to get seperate self studies though. For example I..."

He trailed off when he saw a familar face walk through the Dining Hall doors. Dr Conel had finally arrived to give his start of term speech. He gestured to Mist to remain silent and turned to watch the Headmaster.

As Abel had predicted a lot of the older students and several new ones stopped their gossiping to focus on the new arrival. No one wanted to be the one to envoke the older man's wrath.

Mist nodded along with his words. She could follow him around then! Well, if he didn't mind her being a shadow. He would probably find it really annoying. Separate self studies? That sounded interesting. However, she frowned again when he trailed off. She looked behind herself when he gestured to be quiet, and saw a man who stood out among the students. Partly because he was older, and partly because people fell silent as he neared. She assumed it was the headmaster. Headmaster... Conel, wasn't it? She leant slightly closer to Abel; the man looked rather intimidating. She definitely did not want to get on his bad side.

((*Unplugs keyboard until tomorrow* tongue.gif

Is this colour alright? I may or may not post in colour. I often become lazy with things like that and forget. xd.png))

Edited by Chicogal

Curious about this meeting, Nova slowly opened the door once again, peeking outside into the hallway. From what he could see there didn't seem to be any other students walking down the corridor anymore. Staying invisible, Nova poked his head out looking left to right, before walking out. He slowly took step after step into the corridor, listening for the sounds of other students who may have been walking down a corner. As he did so, his tail wrapped itself around the door handle, pulling it and shutting the door.

As Nova walked along the corridor, he made sure to stay close to the wall as he made his way to the stairs. He could already begin to hear the chatter of students coming from the first floor, the thought of it causing his heart to beat even faster. He made his way to the stairs and with his right hand, grabbed one of the columns of the staircase banister for support. At his height, grabbing the top was too much of a hassle.

Marik's arm slightly trembled as he felt a tinge of coldness radiate from Garth's hand as the two of them shook. It was slightly uncomfortable for Marik, not the cold part but the actual shaking of hands. It had really been his first time doing it, having not been allowed to interact with others prior to joining the school. Marik gave Garth a smile as he continued to shake his hand, not really knowing when they were suppose to stop doing so."It's no big deal, ...I doubt much would have happened, I literally just dozed off within a few minutes. Never had to travel so far in my life before... I was exhausted.." he said, finally making the decision to stop the awkwardly long handshake, Marik gazed upwards at the grandfather clock as Garth turned his head. He hadn't noticed it earlier, being too preoccupied with looking at all the other students.

He turned to look at Garth, as he mentioned the shortcut to their room. "Sure" replied Marik, not knowing what it was he was getting himself into... afterall there had to be a reason why some people didn't like it much

Edited by TotallyDrow

"Regeneration cycle complete / Begin reactivation sequence"

The sense of hearing came first. Faint voices, comunicating in meaningless chatter. Laughter, somewhere in the hall.

Then came sight. The room was dark, the lights were off. The bed was pushed against the wall, as the room's ocupant didn't need one.

Then the ability to move was restored, and Talon stepped foreward.

The cyboarg looked around the room, surveying his suroundings.

"Threat level: Minimal."

"Status: All systems functioning."

"Reactor Temprature: Stable."

Talon sighed, the status updtat was more anoying than helpfull, but he was stuck with it as long as it was hardwired into his systems.

The cyborg opened the door a fraction, and looked out into the hall. He saw a few Humanoids standing in front of another door. They didn't look familar.

"Great," Talon said with a hint of sarcasam, "more 'students.'"

He then closed the door

=================================================

The dream was the same.

Pain, flashes of color, unrecognisable sensations, odd shapes that made no sense, blinding light, pain then...

He was standing by a river. It was dark out.

A man was standing by a boat. The man said something, but he couldn't understand.

The man shook his head then got in the boat. The boat started to move away, across the river.

He ran after the boat, and fell into the river.

The water was cold, but it burned like fire.

A soundless scream, Then....

Aqua woke up with a splash. If he could sweat, he would have.

But water elementals don't sweat.

Aqua looked around, trying to remember where he was, and then It came to him. That man, Dr Conel, had Invited Aqua to his school, and the elemental had agreed. This place was very different from the river. For one thing, Aqua had to wear a containment suit to avoid getting everything wet. For another, Aqua had been told that he would have to follow a scedule. But being self aware dosn't do a being much good if all they have for company are fish, so aqua agreed to this change in scenery.

The move to the school had been so sudden, that Aqua hadn't even gotten aquanted with his roommate yet.

Marik's arm slightly trembled as he felt a tinge of coldness radiate from Garth's hand as the two of them shook. It was slightly uncomfortable for Marik, not the cold part but the actual shaking of hands. It had really been his first time doing it, having not been allowed to interact with others prior to joining the school. Marik gave Garth a smile as he continued to shake his hand, not really knowing when they were suppose to stop doing so."It's no big deal, ...I doubt much would have happened, I literally just dozed off within a few minutes. Never had to travel so far in my life before... I was exhausted.." he said, finally making the decision to stop the awkwardly long handshake, Marik gazed upwards at the grandfather clock as Garth turned his head. He hadn't noticed it earlier, being too preoccupied with looking at all the other students.

He turned to look at Garth, as he mentioned the shortcut to their room. "Sure" replied Marik, not knowing what it was he was getting himself into... afterall there had to be a reason why some people didn't like it much

"Alright, we'll have to be veeery quick, though. You don't want Conel chewing your ear off on the first day... Oh, and don't wander off, okay?" replied Garth, taking a firm grip on the Marik's arm and, probably before the other could realise what was going on, Blended into the Shadow World with him in tow. Everything went very dark for a second, there was a sensation of falling, and then the two were standing in the monochrome landscape of the Shadow World. It appeared to be the Hall they had just left, except bleached of all colours except where the shadows where in the 'real world'; through these what was happening in the 'real world' could be seen, like little TV screens, and muffled sound filtered through.

"Still here? This way." Garth asked, still holding onto Marik's arm as he inspected each shadow in turn and invariably walked off with a tut, finally seeming satisfied with one at the far side of the Hall. He stepped through it like a door and, once again, the world went dark for a second. When the light and colour came back, both young men were standing at the top of the stairs in the 'real world'- but they didn't stay there long, as Garth ducked back into the Shadow World, bringing his passenger with him. "Are you alright? I guess you know why not many people like taking this route..."

Another shadow-door took them straight inside Room 2, where Garth released Marik's arm and sat down heavily on his bed, looking a little out of breath.

Meanwhile, Dr Conel took his place at the middle of the staff table (the one at the top of the Dining Hall, overlooking every other table) and waited for everyone to take their seats; he noticed some of the older students were still missing, mentally noting their absences with a flicker of irritation.

Edited by Ruins

Marik was caught off guard when his arm was suddenly grasped by Garth, he pulled it back slightly, not used to the physical contact of being grasped. Before he could say something, the lights went out. As if somebody had turned the light switch for the world off, as the light vanished Marik could have sworn that they were falling, with his free hand he grabbed the strap of his bag clenching it tightly as he shut his eyes weighting for that imminent feeling of hitting the ground, but it never came and the sensation vanished.

He opened his eyes, one at at time to see what was going on. From what he could gather they were still in the same spot, the grandfather hung on the wall and the staircase just ahead of him, yet something was off. The landscape had become monochrome and the other students nothing but a shadow on the floor. "What in the..." he whispered to himself as he looked around. He suddenly felt himself being tugged along, as he was led around by Garth. It seemed as if he was looking for something, something that Marik could not figure out.

He was led to a shadow across the hall, where the same momentary darkness and feeling of falling occurred. Once again he opened his eyes one at a time, taking note that they were on top of the stairs now. "Is this your.." he attempted to ask, but was cut off as they returned to the monochrome landscape.

Eventually they made it to a bedroom, where Garth released his grip on his arm. "It.. it wasn't that bad.." replied Marik.. "Just takes a bit of getting used to...especially that falling part... " he said smiling,. Marik placed his luggage and bag on the second bed and sat down on it. As he looked across the room, he noticed that Garth was a little out of breath. "We should probably take the normal way down... no need to over exert ourselves this early.." he stated.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So far so good..." he whispered to himself, referring to the fact that he had not had to sneak past anyone on his way towards the staircase between the first and second floor. As he stood at the top of the stairs, he could already see several new faces, faces of people he had never seen before. From his vantage point he continued to stare at them trying his best to figure out what their capabilities were, but to little success. He noticed a few of the older students begin to mingle with the new guys, a sense of unease sweeping over his smallish frame. Out of the corner of his eye, he noticed Dr Conel entering the dining hall, ushering a few stragglers to enter the hall as he did so.

Content with where he was, he sat down, sticking his feet through the gaps between the stair's banister columns, his tail stretched out along the step he was sat on. From where he was, he would still be able to hear what was being said during the meeting.

Nova was sitting there, casually swinging his legs as he waited for the meeting to begin, when he could have sworn he saw two students appear and disappear on the other side of the staircase. He blinked slightly, wondering if it was just his imagination acting up again.

Edited by TotallyDrow

Mist watched the headmaster rather warily, as he took a place at the big table she assumed must be the staff's. He didn't look like a particularly happy sort of person. She fiddled with the bottom button on her white blouse, nose almost touching the back of Abel's arm from where she was standing. She was standing behind him, and was rather close. He really did seem to radiate some sort of reassurance and comfort that drew her in. She reached forward to tug gently on his sleeve, going up on her tiptoes in an attempt to whisper to him. She barely reached his shoulder. "He's scary," she whispered. Suddenly realising she was close to the same ear into which the butterfly had gone, the girl's blue eyes widened even more (if possible) and she came down from her tiptoes, letting go of his sleeve.

((Oh, crap, sorry! I missed that the maps had been added. Approved!))

Talon waited for the voices in the hall to fall silent, then quitly opened his door again. The cyboarg surveyd the hall, then quickly made his way to the stairs. He stopped just above the second floor landing, and listned. The voices had dimmed, which ment that Dr Conel was probably preparing to deliver his speech.

Or nerve gas had been dispensed, hopefully, but it was prpbably the speech.

Talon began to walk down the grand staircase, but froze just as his foot touched, something, on one of the steps.

"Is that you Nova?" Talon asked softly.

ON:

Not every arrival to the school that Sunday night had planned on actually arriving.

Sunday Evening

Two days. Kez had been running almost flat-out for two days now. He had always enjoyed being able to run in his tiger-form, the feeling of the soft grass under his paws as he stormed across the countryside, even if he had to keep an eye, ear and nostril on the world around him to make sure no-one saw him. He’d never been able to sink completely into the moment, let the mind of the tiger take over and dictate his run, submerse himself in the freedom running gave him; always his human self had to ride shotgun and keep a weather eye on the horizon, ready to rein in his animalistic side with a moment’s warning.

This run was different though. He knew he’d been seen; his father had made sure that there was no shortage of attention as Kez had bounded out his house a fully-grown tiger and stormed out into the woods surrounding their suburb. Dazed yet angry, Dave Rhinehart had stumbled out into the night cursing Kez and demanding his wayward, unnatural son return that instant and take the punishment he was due. Instead Kez had accelerated out into the night and not looked back, ears flat and claws extended as he ran for his life.

And it had been for his life. He’d run for several hours before finally taking shelter in a scrap metal yard, a small ball of black and white fur that had slept uneasily for a couple hours simply through necessity, troubled human thoughts trying to hide in the simplicity of animal needs. And yet when he’d woken a few hours to scrounge some food he’d caught the local news bulletin; a wild cat was supposedly loose in the area and had already attacked in a suburb, with hunting parties being mobilised.

Foolishly thinking he was safe in human-form Kez had gone into town to try and get some food and make plans, but as he’d reached the centre of town he’d seen the two men making their rather determined way through the early morning crowd towards him. Trying to play it cool Kez had turned, walked away, only for the men to keep track and start to close the distance. Ducking down a side street Kez had broken out into a jog, and a check behind him had confirmed the two had broken from the crowd and were running after him. Breaking out into a sprint, Kez had started his run and not stopped since.

It was a catch-22 situation; if he remained in his human-form he would tire quicker and be weaker in a fight, but if he took tiger-form he would be a target to the hunters. Even if he had been of normal coloration he’d stand out in the Scottish Highlands, and if anything his monochrome fur meant he was better camouflaged at higher altitudes. Knowing that if he was caught he was as good as dead – those men would no doubt take him back to his father, and he’d never get another chance to escape again – he’d taken tiger-form the moment he’d reached the edge of town and sped off across the mountains of Scotland.

Now it was approaching sun-down, and Kez was growing intensely weary. He’d been chased for miles without any real break – a two-hour nap the previous night in a small hollow out in the glens, and a half-hour where he’d made his first ever kill, a small deer that had not expected an eleven-foot Amur tiger to drop on it and tear it’s throat out. He had paused for a moment, his human mind a little perturbed at eating raw meat, but instinct took over and it wasn’t long before his maw had been coated in the blood of the creature. He’d been burning calories at an alarming rate and if he didn’t eat a meal that could sate his three hundred and fifty kilogram bulk he’d collapse. Leaving nothing but bones and tufts of fur behind, the meal had given him the energy to continue but also a trail for the hunters to follow.

The gunshot wound had only helped trace him further. Quite how he’d missed the hunter who had got him Kez wasn’t sure, but some time around midday he’d felt the intense pain rip across his left fore-leg and he’d promptly crashed to the ground thanks to the sudden crippling of that leg and the momentum from the projectile. Going down in a cloud of dirt and a roar of pain Kez had rolled and hit a tree, coming up dazed and angry – but apparently out of range of his assailant, as he managed to recover his footing and continue running without taking another hit.

The wound was not as bad as he’d first feared; rather than penetrating and going through the leg, it had been a ‘grazed’ shot that had dug a furrow along the outside of his leg, leaving a superficial wound with minor burns around the edge, taking a few tufts of fur with it. While it was tender and he had slowed, his sturdy nature and accelerated healing ability meant he’d kept going, and blood loss had been minimal. Sadly it had taken far too long to actually stop though, the running not allowing his leg the precious time to heal up while the burns around the edge meant the dead cells would have to flake off before his healthier, regenerating cells could take over the healing.

Kez hadn’t intended on actually going into the castle grounds, but as night had drawn in he was becoming acutely aware that the run was starting to take it’s toll, and he was going to have to properly stop at some point soon. The remote castle had presented itself as Kez had broke from a long forest, a glimpse of ancient building through the tree-line, and with no other settlement nearby Kez had altered his course and headed straight for where he’d seen the building.

If it hadn’t have been for his feline senses Kez probably would have got the rest he was looking for forced onto him; running full-pelt at a forcefield would have had that effect on someone. Yet as he had closed on the castle grounds his nose caught the static-like smell in the air and his fur had stood on end, and he managed to scrabble to a stop a few feet short of the force-field, kicking up dirt and twigs that had sparkled and fizzed in the air as they came into contact with the dome.

It had taken a moment for his eyes to adjust and actually see the dome, a reminder of how his feline sight was not so accurate at perceiving colour tones that his human eyes would have more likely picked up, and he stood panting near the forcefield for a long while, taking this chance to regain his breath. Turning to lick his wound he took some small satisfaction in seeing that the bleeding and seeping had finally stopped and the blackened edges had now been replaced with pink, fresh skin. Heaving for fresh air, skin crawling at his proximity to the field, Kez had padded along the edge for a while before his lucky break came; the forcefield dropped.

It was a momentary, partial thing, and Kez could only assume that whoever was on the inside was not dropping it for him but for someone else, and he was given only a moment to make his choice; go inside, find the shelter and rest he needed, then consider his escape the next day, or remain free but tired and unlikely to find shelter for the night and the sleep his body dearly needed. Before he was consciously aware of the choice he had crossed the boundary, Changing into his cub-form and dashing into the woods surrounding the castle.

Tired and wounded Kez didn’t take long to find shelter, a thick bush in a denser part of the copse, and crawling into the hollow under the bush he resumed his adult-form once more in order to keep as warm as possible, and passed out within seconds.

Monday Morning

Kez wasn’t quite sure how long he’d been asleep for, but as the sun streamed through the trees to his little hollow he knew it was much-needed sleep – and he had made it safely through the night without being caught by the hunters. Changing to his smallest form he crawled out from under the bush and took the opportunity to do a full feline stretch, letting every part of his sore body extend before relaxing with a satisfied purring sound.

The rumbling in his stomach nearly drowned out the purr.

With a faint look of surprise Kez looked to his stomach, then to his wounded fore-leg which had almost completely healed now, then back to where the castle should be. He had not had a chance to investigate it the previous night, but now he had the morning light he also had the chance to go look for something to eat; surely a big old castle like this would be very lightly staffed?

Then the memory of the force-field poked into his mind, and he growled lightly. There would be a reason for that force-field, and he doubted it was benign – there was every chance that he had now moved from the frying pan into the fire itself. Force-field technology was supposedly science-fiction, and yet he had nearly ran head-long into some sort of electro-magnetic barrier the previous night. Why it hadn’t bugged him then was as good an indicator as any that he was certainly feeling a little out of it by the end of that run.

While part of him wanted to find out why the barrier was there, where he had ended up, Kez was also very much aware that he was in trouble, lost, and alone, and the last thing he needed to do was go snooping around like Scooby-Doo in some creepy old mansion. No, he would rustle up something to eat then try and leave, look for a gap in the force-field or find a way to disrupt it if he was indeed inside, or simply keep running if it was simply a linear barrier or had disappeared.

Slinking off towards the castle Kez kept to the tree-line before finally making it to the stone construction. It wasn’t exactly Schloss Neuschwanstein or Dover Castle, but what worried Kez was the scents emanating from the place. He was used to animal smells and human smells, but the trails he was picking up from around the building were…almost human. Human plus something else. Not a human carrying something unusual, or a human with a pet or exotic animal, but single creatures with a near-human scent.

Pausing cautiously Kez peered at the windows he could see from this angle and slowly took shelter behind a low stone wall so that any observers from those windows couldn’t see him. Was that why the force-field was there – to keep these new scents inside? While it was entirely possible Kez was simply smelling new, unusual but entirely natural creatures, there was something about the textures of those scents that reminded him of his own human-scent; something just not quite human. He was very definitely, to the developed nose, part-feline, meaning cats would defer to him as an alpha and dogs would cower from this overgrown kitty. These scents carried similar hints – not all of them, but certainly a fair portion of them.

Had he…had he found a place with people like him? Curiosity killed the cat, but it never said anything about harming a tiger. Moving along the shelter of the low wall Kez found his way to a side-door that was unlocked, and with a gentle push of his fore-paws the wooden door swung open just enough for him to slip inside.

OFF

- Post by Kez

((Force-field... Just dropping? Like that? Believe me, we'd all know if it did...))

Garth nodded; he wasn't used to bringing another person with him to the Shadow World, seeing as he'd either had his sister- who had been able to do that herself- or been on his own with nobody to practice with. In fact, he'd only found out he was able to do that by accident, fleeing from the police with a group of also-homeless youngsters when they'd been interrupted breaking into somebody's house. He'd grabbed hold of a teenage girl's arm when she'd stumbled and automatically Blended a second later when he heard somebody shout for them to stop.

"Yeah... Better get going, though. Dr Conel can get really snippy sometimes, we don't want to get him annoyed." he said, standing up and wobbling a little when the blood went to his head all of a sudden. "Whoa... I'm alright, I'm alright." he said, taking a deep breath and blinking a couple of times before heading for the door. Garth didn't bother to open it by hand, though; he simply waved in it's general direction and a tentacle of darkness appeared from his shadow, turning the doorknob and holding the door open as he walked through. Now he was just showing off...

Edited by Ruins

((Force-field... Just dropping? Like that? Believe me, we'd all know if it did...))

((How did the students enter on Sunday night? I'd imagine the force-field needs dropping to let the coach/bus/cars through.))

((Yes, but in context it just looked like it randomly shorted out or something. Maybe I'm being nitpicky, I don't know. *shrugs*))

((Yes, but in context it just looked like it randomly shorted out or something. Maybe I'm being nitpicky, I don't know. *shrugs*))

((Sorry; I probably should have made an OOC comment.

I write from perspective in 99% of my posts, which means I only post what my character can see, hear, think, etc. So while to Kez it was a seemingly-random drop, the rationale is that Kez's arrival coincided with the arrival of the new students the night before - however, while I had established that in my brain and incorporated that into my writing, I understand that without that context it really does seem like a random drop/short-out! And since it's perspective-writing it means I wouldn't have made a mention of the other students' arrival to explain the drop.

I'll bear it in mind for future posts that I should add OOC comments where Kez's perspective doesn't allow the context for such important matters. You are being nit-picky but in the positive way that I'd expect from the GM, and I don't mind you pointing it out. -KM))

Edited by Kestra15

"Yeooowch" shouted Nova, as he suddenly felt something touch his tail. His arms gripped the banister columns tightly as he slowly turned his head around noticing that it was Talon who had stepped on him. Unlike with most students, Nova had a somewhat more easier time being around Talon, due to the fact that both of them had appearances most people wouldn't exactly call normal. It didn't mean that he would reveal himself to Talon, Nova was still a long way from having the confidence to reveal his form to the public.

"Shhhh... " he said in a whispered voice. "someone might notice...". He looked down and just barely caught a glimpse of one of the students staring up at them before he turned his head away.

Marik stopped what he was doing as he heard Garth warn about Dr Conel. He attempted to help Garth as he seemingly wobbled for a second, but stopped midway as he saw that the boy managed to steady himself. He walked up behind Garth, half hoping that they took the normal way down, he had had enough 'falling' for one day.

As he stood behind Garth, he watched as the boy used what seemed to be another of his powers, a shadowy tentacle extended from the ground and opened the door. It was unusual, for Marik at least; to see someone use their powers so freely having been not allowed to do so when at home. He glanced down at his hand momentarily, he knew that in the near future he would learn how to fully control his abilities while at this school.

It took Aqua a few minutes to realise that he was, in fact, alone in his room. If he could sigh, he would have, but Water can't sigh, so Aqua stood up in the containment suit, and headed for the door.

================================================

"I think that it was your shout that drew the unwanted attenion," Talon noted dryly. The cyborg lifted his foot, careful not to cut Nova by accident. "You really need to watch where you put your tail," he continued, "some people, I-E Me, have bladed feet. Also, it's hard to avoid stepping on something if you can't see it."

================================================

Aqua saw another student standing on the stairs. He looked strange, unnatural even, and he seemed to be talking to himself. Aqua desided to just ignore the stranger, and proceded to walk down the stairs, but stopped when he stepped on, something?

((xd.png sorry, couldn't resist!))

((Talon: Not even I'm That evil.))

Edited by sailing101

Nova looked at his tail, then back up at Talon. the cyborg was right, he couldn't just leave his tail laying around, especially when hidden from view of the others. He looked down at the spot where the student was once standing and noted that he had walked off into the dining hall where the other students were gathering. As he was looking down, envying the other students for being able to walk into a crowded area so freely, he felt the similar sensation of his tail being stepped on once again, clearly he had not taken Talon's advice of where his tail should and shouldn't be placed. Rather then shouting out like he did last time, he merely kept his mouth shut, clenching his teeth shut as he waited for the pain tomsubside.

"my....my tail..." he whined barely audibly. His hands were now gripped tighly around the banister columns that his grip was leaving a small mpression on the wood. "p...p..please get off it..."