boscodelta

Best / worst trades you have ever made?

The best "trade" I ever made was actually what I call a counter-gift. I gave a CB Tinsel owner a Guardian with a code that complimented her Tinsel. In return she gave me a low-gen offspring of her Tinsel and promised to give me one of their future offspring after she had fulfilled her current IOU's. Since I love (love love love) Guardians and hoard Tinselfails, I was pretty happy. She never specified whether it'd be a Tinsel or a TF, but either way I will be ecstatic. I wasn't expecting anything in return. (You know, except bragging rights when the line went public. BD)

As far as trades go, I traded a CB Black, Stripe, and (I think) Red for a 2G Silver with a Black mother. :3

My worst one was a recent one where I gave someone a CB Summer in exchange for an IOU of two messy Summer hatchlings of opposite genders to complete my scroll goals before Summer ended. It's the first time I've ever been stiffed on an IOU and I trade a fair bit, so I was pretty unhappy. :c But even on that I can't really complain -- I caught another CB Summer a few days later and made the same trade with a different person. They fulfilled the IOU, so I was able to complete my scroll goals regardless. <3

I don't know if it's good or not, but I remember trading a 5th gen gold tinsel I caught from the AP for a CB Ice. An awesome trade, for me.

I think my best trade was

a low gen silver stairstep with holiday for a dino egg smile.gif i don't even like dinos, but the person i traded it to did smile.gif

and oh so pretty she is to!

http://dragcave.net/lineage/jio1q

i don't have any bad trades, the odd lineaged eggs/hatchies i have gotten are either rare, gifts, or i picked them up from the AP smile.gif

I have had a great share of awesome trades with awesome people. For example, I traded a 7th gen Inextrica/Blue Neb silver tinsel for 10 purple eggs (some CB and some lineaged). Maybe today that tinsel is not worth much but back then they were trading for much more and I feel it was a more than fair trade since I really love that lineage.

My only worst trade was when, after the vampires became so rare at biting, I managed to change and keep one egg (CB) after nearly 20 deaths. It took me days to get that egg and all I asked was a single, CB white in exchange.

Someone offered me 3 CB white eggs IOU (I hoard them for a project I'm working on), and I thought I couldn't be more lucky. I needed as many as I could get and I let my greed take the best of me. I accepted the IOU.

Days passed and I got no CB white. The user, a newbie as I discovered shortly after, was having the same trouble I have hunting CB eggs.

The user got his vampire he so much desired and I got nada out of the exchange. Said user is, obviously, in my black list.

Back when Guardian's of Nature were first released, you could trade them. This was also before Teleport was a function on DC. I traded 4 very rare dragons for one, and it was lost in trade. Sucked mightily! xd.png

Back when Guardian's of Nature were first released, you could trade them. This was also before Teleport was a function on DC. I traded 4 very rare dragons for one, and it was lost in trade. Sucked mightily! xd.png

just curious, how did you trade? before magis?

i traded my CB gold horned tangar dragon hatchling for a vamp egg. it was a good trade and now i picked up another CB gold horned tangar egg.so i had a steal of a deal

just curious, how did you trade? before magis?

You used to be able to put the code of the dragon into the abandoned page url (at the end) and then refresh madly to pick up the egg or hatchling. If someone saw it when your computer glitched, or was just plain faster, you lost out, because it would show on the AP. This was actually more of a hole in the system than an actual function of DC, which is why Teleport was brought about, to give DC an official way to trade. The ability to use the code of the egg or hatchy to pick it up from the AP was removed when Teleport was implemented. There was an entire thread about it, it is likely archived under News.

Edited by Bodecia

Best trade for me, was much more the experience than the value of the dragons in question.

I was looking for a relatively high-gen bronze tinsel two-breed stairstep, male tinsels and female CBs as a mate for a tinsel I already had. I saw one on offer, one gen lower than what I needed, but I had CBs of the other breed so I made an offer. The offer I made was a 2nd gen silver with a heartseeker parent... I'd bred the heartseeker to the wrong silver (already had a silver egg from sweetling with her, whoops, should've bred the heartseeker to the lady below her in the lineup for that project) and so naturally they produced on the first try, lol!

Since the person offering the tinsel had specifically said they were looking for low-gen metallics, my offer got snapped up. However, we both goofed when it came to the trade... the other person sent me the teleport code for a different bronze tinsel egg and I didn't notice the egg codes were different. Meanwhile, the egg I should have gotten went off to someone else.

When I realized I got the wrong egg, I let the breeder know and they immediately offered the silver egg back. I refused, since I should have looked more closely at the teleport code before entering my offer. As far as I was concerned, we were square... I gave an egg in exchange for the one I got. But the other person felt so bad about giving me something other than the egg I'd specifically wanted when I'd given a silver, that they made a point of breeding me up another bronze tinsel stairstep of exactly the generation I needed, and sent it over telling me to consider it part of the trade since the 2nd gen silver was so much more valuable than high-gen bronze tinsels.

Best trade for me, was much more the experience than the value of the dragons in question.

I was looking for a relatively high-gen bronze tinsel two-breed stairstep, male tinsels and female CBs as a mate for a tinsel I already had. I saw one on offer, one gen lower than what I needed, but I had CBs of the other breed so I made an offer. The offer I made was a 2nd gen silver with a heartseeker parent... I'd bred the heartseeker to the wrong silver (already had a silver egg from sweetling with her, whoops, should've bred the heartseeker to the lady below her in the lineup for that project) and so naturally they produced on the first try, lol!

Since the person offering the tinsel had specifically said they were looking for low-gen metallics, my offer got snapped up. However, we both goofed when it came to the trade... the other person sent me the teleport code for a different bronze tinsel egg and I didn't notice the egg codes were different. Meanwhile, the egg I should have gotten went off to someone else.

When I realized I got the wrong egg, I let the breeder know and they immediately offered the silver egg back. I refused, since I should have looked more closely at the teleport code before entering my offer. As far as I was concerned, we were square... I gave an egg in exchange for the one I got. But the other person felt so bad about giving me something other than the egg I'd specifically wanted when I'd given a silver, that they made a point of breeding me up another bronze tinsel stairstep of exactly the generation I needed, and sent it over telling me to consider it part of the trade since the 2nd gen silver was so much more valuable than high-gen bronze tinsels.

That's an amazing trader there. smile.gif I would have done the same thing you did. Glad it worked out in the end. biggrin.gif

What was the best trade that you have ever made? Maybe there is more than one? Just post yours here!

Mine was trading my CB Black Tea for a 7G Golden Wyvern C:

I had a 3rd gen Metal from some type of checker lineage (Gold x Sunstone, maybe?) that I was trying to swap. Someone offered a 3rd gen Tinsel, but it wasn't a line I was really into. A short time later, they also offered a 3rd gen Silver checker with it, at which point I accepted.

However, that's only the start! Shortly later, I found someone trading a CB Neglected, offered the Tinsel... and got it! So for my one Metal checker I got a CB Neglected and a lovely Sunsong x Silver 3rd gen. Not bad at all! biggrin.gif

Other great swaps would be 60 Zombie Fodder hatchlings for a CB Gold. I also traded again with the same person, getting another CB Metal for like... 6-7 2nd gens from Marrow x Shadow Walker.

I had a similar experience as the above, where I kind of bounced up in a few trades and ended up getting something really nice in the end for something that had been pretty mediocre to start off with.

I had a CB nebula egg, traded it for something I can't remember, then traded that for a 2nd gen purebred alt vine, then traded that for something really nice that I also can't remember now. tongue.gif I just remember the neb and the vine and afterwards wondering how I essentially managed to get something really nice out of a little CB nebula egg.

I... I can't really remember. D: I guess getting two CB Bleeding Moon hatchlings for only one Two-Headed Lindwurm egg was enough to make me exceptionally happy.

And perhaps some Shimmer trades, but then again, I can't remember what I offered exactly.

(Still no CB Gold but eh, as much as I love shinies, this one is not my top priority anymore.)

I dont really trade much c:

I ask people to breed me stuff, and in return I give to others ^ v ^

a few days ago, I gave away my spiral silver x rosebud, 2 soulpeace hatchies, and some other semi rare stuff I cant really remember ( xd.png) and the next day, this guy is messaging me with an offer to give me two shimmer hatchlings * v *

ill be sure to breed them and give them to newbies who need shimmers more than I do Q v Q

what goes around comes around, as they say!

I don't really trade much, but I did manage to get a CB Neglected for a 3rd gen Gold checker and some CB hatchies. I also traded a bunch of CB common hatchies for two 2nd gen Black hatchies back when they were rare. (Of course they refused each other, but that's another story).