pinkieseb

Breed Filter

I know that you can sort your scroll into breeds, why not have a filter option to choose only to show a certain breed?

Personally i'd use this alot because i can never get used to where the breeds are. It will also help people with alot of pages of dragons. You wont have to scan every page....

Edited by pinkieseb

This would be pretty cool, and somewhat useful. I'd also like a filter to only dispaly my frozen hatchies, since I'm building my collection and they keep moving pages.

My only concern with this would be that it would mean a LOT of filters. I think there are 70-100 breeds in the cave right now? If you had a filter for each breed, it would make a very long list to choose from.

No it would only show the breeds you have on your scroll, it would still be a big list. But it wont be EVERY breed in existance.

You can't filter dragons you don't have, so the filter already only filters breeds you have. o_O Were you perhaps trying to suggest grouping of the same breed? (For example, an idea for breeding was that only an image for each breed would show up, then you could select a + by the breed you wanted to look through and all the dragons of that breed would then show up.)

I already have almost all breeds, I think I'm missing only 2 or 3. So yea, the list would be far too long for me and having it on the front page would be a major hassle.

However... A separate filter page, say on the Account page, would be nice.

C4.

You can't filter dragons you don't have, so the filter already only filters breeds you have. o_O Were you perhaps trying to suggest grouping of the same breed? (For example, an idea for breeding was that only an image for each breed would show up, then you could select a + by the breed you wanted to look through and all the dragons of that breed would then show up.)

There would be a page/link/box/etc somewhere that has the name of every breed on your scroll currently. You click on the breed name and it will only show the dragons you have with that breed.

There would be a page/link/box/etc somewhere that has the name of every breed on your scroll currently. You click on the breed name and it will only show the dragons you have with that breed.

Oooooooh, I see. Thanks for clarifying. :3

I already have almost all breeds, I think I'm missing only 2 or 3. So yea, the list would be far too long for me and having it on the front page would be a major hassle.

This was my issue. I've got at least a couple of everything except holidays, Neglected, Zombie and Guardian of Nature. But if this was all on a separate page (not on the scroll), I'd have no problems with it. I think it would be useful.

This was my issue. I've got at least a couple of everything except holidays, Neglected, Zombie and Guardian of Nature. But if this was all on a separate page (not on the scroll), I'd have no problems with it. I think it would be useful.

I was thinking, what about having an option in your account settings, that allows you to disable the drop bar and instead have a page link? This would fit anyone... biggrin.gif

We can filter our scroll by eggs. We can filter our scrolls by adults. We can filter our scrolls by breedability, and BSA. Why can't we filter our scroll by Species? It would make it much easier to find the dragons I want at any given moment, especially since the scroll is not longer A Scroll, and can have multiple pages.

Looking at the filter options, none of these filter frozen hatchlings or adults unless they're unnamed (which is useless for someone who always names).

However, to the suggestion, I don't think it's really necessary or feasible to filter 'by breed', it would either require an additional step of picking which breed to show, or make the list insanely long with every different breed. There is already the option to sort by breed, and since those put them alphabetically I don't find it too hard to figure out where each breed is.

I don't say I'm against this, but that would result in one hell of a dropdown menu.

Thinking about it, since we are able to quickly sort them by breed without having to save it, I think I am against it after all.

Arranging by breed is a set thing that can't be adjusted further. What I want would be hiding all other breeds except the one asked for.

Sort by breed is enough for me. Filtering by a breed would make the filter list huge, which I find unnecessary.