angelicdragonpuppy

Don't count dead eggs as Eggs/Unfrozen Hatchies

Hello;

I enjoy keeping my eggs/hatchlings at the top of my scroll. However--sometimes I 1) get dead vampire attempts and 2) have hatchlings grow up at the same time. I usually sort all my dead eggs to the bottom of my scroll--but then I have to manually move the adults into place as well, because if I simply select the "Display eggs/unfrozen hatchlings at top of scroll" option to move the adults down, it'll drag the dumb dead eggs up with them. :/

So in summary: make the "Place Eggs and Unfrozen Hatchlings on top" option only put LIVING eggs and unfrozen hatchlings at the top of the scroll--not dead eggs or hatchlings.

Okay, so you've explained how making this change would help you based on the way you play. But why should this be the behavior for everyone? How many people do you think would be confused when an egg dies and suddenly it moves around their scroll, causing them to think the egg disappeared?

Okay, so you've explained how making this change would help you based on the way you play. But why should this be the behavior for everyone? How many people do you think would be confused when an egg dies and suddenly it moves around their scroll, causing them to think the egg disappeared?

Well--I've noticed that the option DOESN'T automatically move adults as they grow up, though (and thus wouldn't automatically move dead eggs). I have the 'keep eggs/hatchlings at the top' option checked all the time, and it only serves to move current adults out of the way. Once one of my dragons grows up, I have to go re-select the option all over again to get the babies to be back on top once more. ;____;

Example: O's are eggs/hatchlings, X's are adults/frozens.

*Option is checked to have eggs/hatchies on top*

O

O <-- This little bugger suddenly grows up!

O

X

X

*Option is STILL checked, but now it's:*

O

X

O

X

X

*I go back in and re-select the 'put eggs/hatchlings at top' option*

O

O

X

X

X

So a dead egg wouldn't move until people re-selected the 'put eggs/hatchlings' on top option--and then it'd likely only move down a space or two to wherever the line of adults started. Thus I highly doubt anyone would get TOO confused--they selected a new sort option, the dead egg isn't where it was--ah, there it is, farther down the scroll a little... nothing too rocket science about it!

Plus the whole point of that sort option (I assume) is to keep growing things at top so you can keep an eye on them. It doesn't make much sense to keep an eye on something that's dead. I know that in vampire/kill cases, it's a reminder of the 24 hour locked thing--but that's for one day, while the dead useless egg will continue to be there pointlessly for another 13. If people are really exceedingly worried about not remembering they have a dead egg during that 24-hour lock period, they can simply choose not to hatchie-top-sort for that one day--or just manually pop the dead eggs back up after they do so. But right now, again, it's forcing 13 days of inconvenience instead of one day of inconvenience.

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

All I do is go in and use alt custom sort to shove a dead thing at the bottom. Doesn't take a sec. Doesn't move anything else. Won't that work for you ? (Mine has eggs/hatchies at the top too - and it annoys ME when a hatchie hatches and sits among the eggs - but - well, no sort option will ever cover everything....)

your eggs on that page show up in the order they are sorted in.. therefore, if you dead stuff is at the bottom of the scroll, they will show up on the bottom of the list for "show eggs/hatchlings"

It doesnt bother me to have my dead stuff show up.

Custom Sort - drag - drop. Takes seconds as fuzzbucket said.

I move my dead eggs below the vampire that killed them. I wouldn't want them suddenly poofing to elsewhere on my scroll.

I move my dead eggs below the vampire that killed them. I wouldn't want them suddenly poofing to elsewhere on my scroll.

Lagie... if this was implented, your dead eggs WOULDN'T move after they're sorted. Which is what I WANT. I also move mine beneath my vampires--but then every time I tick the "eggs/hatchlings at top of scroll option," those dead eggs shoot right back to the top again. :/

Moving dead eggs once is no annoyance. What IS annoying is having to either resort them every time I use the "eggs/hatchlings at top" setting for the next 14 days, or instead having to manually move every hatchling that grows up/gets frozen within the next 14 days to keep those eggs from shooting up.

Would it still not take that long to manually resort things? Sure. But most of the suggestions that are made for DC are matters more of convenience than neccessity. This is the same.

No but - my sort option IS set to have growing things at the top. And I drop deads wherever I like. And they stay there. I don't have to reset the "growing stuff at the top" again - it stays like that. I don't GET this.....

Am I VERY stupid ????

Well--I've noticed that the option DOESN'T automatically move adults as they grow up, though (and thus wouldn't automatically move dead eggs). I have the 'keep eggs/hatchlings at the top' option checked all the time, and it only serves to move current adults out of the way. Once one of my dragons grows up, I have to go re-select the option all over again to get the babies to be back on top once more. ;____;

Example: O's are eggs/hatchlings, X's are adults/frozens.

*Option is checked to have eggs/hatchies on top*

O

O <-- This little bugger suddenly grows up!

O

X

X

*Option is STILL checked, but now it's:*

O

X

O

X

X

*I go back in and re-select the 'put eggs/hatchlings at top' option*

O

O

X

X

X

I'm on IE9, and this is what happens to me. It doesn't work unless I keep turning it back on... and whenever I do, the dead eggs return to the top as well. ;_____;

What about the mobile version? Custom sorting dosnt work...

Just throwing it out there, i like teh idea biggrin.gif

What about the mobile version? Custom sorting dosnt work...

Just throwing it out there, i like teh idea biggrin.gif

*grumbles about that little fact* If you routinely use mobile over a desktop/laptop, use legacy custom sort instead. Personally I don't as I can get to a laptop and use alternate custom sort, but that would be a nice thing all it's own, a nice sort option for mobile users.

As for this idea, I don't see much use in it myself.