TJ09

2012-09-18 - Minor Updates

Has this always been here or have you changed this in this update TJ?

"Breed this dragon with a female, potentially producing eggs."

Yay!! No more "4 eggs" thing.

Thanks for the new feautes smile.gif

Am I the only one, though, who suddenly is unable to manually replace my dragons?

I'm not able to use the custom sort function today either. I came to check and see if it seems like anyone else is having trouble, but I don't see any posts in the help forum.

Awesome updates! However I also can't change custon sorting of my dragons even after hard refreshing, I hope this gets fixed soon as I like to sort my dragons.

Edited by fuzzzzj

Thanks for the updates, TJ. I just noticed the change in the Account settings when I went to shift an egg!

Thanks for the update, even though I will not use the ad-free portion myself. I like DC with ads. It gives it an incredibly nostalgic feel.

Yay, character count!

As a tester of the ad-free subscription, I can say that it is a nice way to contribute to TJ's income, so he can spend all day making ways to help me procrastinate from doing housework and other things after my job. xd.png And there really are no perks for subscribing, other than the feeling of knowing that DC will continue on as it always has- a free, fun place to play and relax at the end of the day, for those who can't contribute for whatever reasons.

Thanks bunches, TJ!

Ok cool, good to know. smile.gif

Does buying the adfree subscription also remove the ads for your account on the forum?

Ad subscriptions do not affect the forums, no.

No more mouldy cheese? D'awww.

But thank you for the update! Now I don't have to keep submitting and re-submitted descriptions to see if they cut off or not :3

Looks good.

My only real iffy opinion is that it doesn't seem logical to ask people to do a subscription and not really give them any perks. I know, people of the site are against paid perks, but coming from a psychological stand point, people are not very likely to give money on a regular basis to something they get nothing from in return.

Granted, there's also a group of people who will do the ad free subscription, as seen by the people who have participated in the beta testing of it. But when it comes down to it, people need a reason to not click the "cancel subscription" button when times get rough.

Adding a few perks, which don't even need to be large for paying members would not make it any less free for people who opted not to subscribe. It could be little things like on dA.

For example:

No ads (which is already implimented)

Custom Skins

Changing username

Other options given in the suggestion area

Again, nothing huge. No special dragons. No faster browsing. Just more things that will make people more likely to hit the subscribe button.

Edited by Alse15

For me, it does come with a perk. We get DC for free and will continue to do so.

Looks good.

My only real iffy opinion is that it doesn't seem logical to ask people to do a subscription and not really give them any perks. I know, people of the site are against paid perks, but coming from a psychological stand point, people are not very likely to give money on a regular basis to something they get nothing from in return.

Granted, there's also a group of people who will do the ad free subscription, as seen by the people who have participated in the beta testing of it. But when it comes down to it, people need a reason to not click the "cancel subscription" button when times get rough.

Uhhh I did lol. The perk is having no ads while at the same time supporting the site. Before the only way to avoid the ads was to use ad-blocker, which hurts the site. I don't think you can say not having any ads isn't really a perk. I dunno, no ads seems like a huge perk to me, especially since I detest ads but I also want to support the site.

I don't think I'd like any other perks. I'd hate for DC to be one of those other sites where only paying members get to have any cool options.

Add me to the list of people unable to change the order of eggs or dragons using the Custome Sort.

I still get the same cursor when clicking an egg or dragon to move (the 4 directional arrow) but the minute I start dragging the cursor it changes to a circle with a diagonal line and no movement occurs.

Idk, I think I'm going to get exactly what I pay for, which is the removal of ads from the site. smile.gif

Thanks for the update! biggrin.gif

I would like to say

GOOD ON YOU TJ

for continuing to let DC be a FREE game with no benefits to subscribers. I think it is a great idea that people who do not like the adds can opt out of them for a small fee. I am genuinely grateful that it continues to be possible to play the game without being "left behind" because I cannot afford to pay a subscription.

wub.gifwub.gifwub.gifwub.gifwub.gifwub.gifwub.gifwub.gifwub.gif

Oh and please put back the mouldy cheese blink.gif

Edited by Imay

Thanks for the updates, TJ. This is really your only source of income?! Wow! Talk about dedicated...

Bought the ad-free perk right away for a year! I love how TJ is working to keep the site free and $50 is a small price for what he had given us.

Thanks for the updates, TJ

I'll definitely be looking into the ADs thing...

Thank you TJ. This is awesome happy.gif

If TJ spends more time on the site, maybe more dragons?

Edited by Fortune86