Moonbeam22

Halloween 2012 plans and such

I will try (And probably fail) to get a pumpkin again. They are so hard to get....

Will do some zombie attempts too.

I have school, but I'm probably going to stay up past midnight the day before to catch some of the new releases.

I'll probably attempt for a zombie, it depends on what dragons I have at the time and how fond of them I am.

I missed the last *three* years of releases, so I'm hoping to get at least one of the dragons I missed, although I doubt it. sad.gif Lots of stalking the AP/trading threads.

A lot of my plans depends on the when TJ announces the breeding times for the "old" halloweens. Once he announces that I'll be able to plan who to breed when. I also plan to try and catch the new Halloween dragon and try again for zombies. I have 3 zombies made in 2009 - two female adults and a s1 hatchie. I'd like an s2 hatchie and a male zombie but haven't had any luck since 2009.

I have some adults marked as zombie fodder. Then I will catch eggs and let the hatchies die, as many as I can, without blocking me for the breeding week and new release.

And of course, catch as many new ones as I can.

About breeding, I will see what's on the trade threads but probably will dump most of the offspring to the AP (I have only one CB pumpkin and several marrows and SW)

I'll make sure I'm unlocked for the Halloween release and lock myself with new eggs, then I will breed my current Halloween dragons whose eggs will auto-AP.

Im constantly thinking about it D: I dont really know anybody who could breed some for me, so ill have to be quick i guess, and hope for the best. I especially want those "ghosts" I think are called? they're gorgeous!! <3

Oh yah, and maybe try for a zombie too :3

Edited by Andalusian

I am positive it will be some sort of skeletal dragon release. Like 90% positive. I read another idea that it might be "batty" which sounds pretty cool but also smells like a pygmy. So idk/ hehe.

My plans, get as many rares as possible and trade them for halloween IOU's. Il have no time though, so hopefully I can get 10 of the new ones and possibly two of the others, except pygmy :>

I will try (And probably fail) to get a pumpkin again. They are so hard to get....

I hear ya. I managed to catch 1 from the AP last year, and I had to trade for the 2nd one. They gendered as opposites and will make very pretty 3rd even gen babies this year.

Im constantly thinking about it D: I dont really know anybody who could breed some for me, so ill have to be quick i guess, and hope for the best. I especially want those "ghosts" I think are called? they're gorgeous!! <3

Oh yah, and maybe try for a zombie too :3

The ghost themed ones are called 'Shadow-walkers'.

As for zombies, this year I'm going to try for a male zombie to go with my lone female.

I am positive it will be some sort of skeletal dragon release. Like 90% positive.

I don't think it will be skeletal. The marrows are bone themed, so I don't think we will have another bone themed one for a long time. Personally, I'm hoping for a mummy themed one.

As for breeding my other Halloweens:

Marrows (have 4, all CB):

2 will definitely be black X marrow. The other 2 I'm not sure.

I think I'll do 1 Marrow X Val09

And the last female will either a marrow X nebula or Marrow X ember. leaning towards ember.

Or I might use the last 2 and have a PB. Still haven't picked.

Shadow-walkers (have 7):

3 PB pairs (With the new egg limits that were put in before their release, I have no fear that there will be a shortage)

and 1 shadow walker X purple (not just any purple, the 2nd gen one on my scroll with a zombie mother)

And after all of my 2012 eggs hatch, I plan on doing a mass biting with my vamps to help clear the backlog of eggs.

Here are 2 questions for you guys. What are your favorite Halloween pairings? and What theme are you hoping the 2012 Halloween dragon will be?

Edited by aangs-sister

I missed every other Halloween (except for the Pumpkins, though I only caught 1 =/) so I'll try and get a bunch of new releases, at least 2 CB pairs. If I get more than that I'll probably try and trade for some.

Hopefully my Dark Myst x Pumpkin will produce a Pumpkin egg! I need to give it to someone. Does the breeding period last 1 week or two?

A lot of my plans depends on the when TJ announces the breeding times for the "old" halloweens. Once he announces that I'll be able to plan who to breed when. I also plan to try and catch the new Halloween dragon and try again for zombies. I have 3 zombies made in 2009 - two female adults and a s1 hatchie. I'd like an s2 hatchie and a male zombie but haven't had any luck since 2009.

So you can breed old Halloweens before Halloween, but can only catch them ON Halloween? And that's the day OF Halloween that they drop?

So you can breed old Halloweens before Halloween, but can only catch them ON Halloween? And that's the day OF Halloween that they drop?

The older Halloweens you can breed before, yes, but the new Halloween dragon can ONLY be caught on Halloween. The older Halloweens will never be released as CBs again, only bred.

I usually breed mine with Metallics or mates that my giftees have chosen smile.gif

The older Halloweens you can breed before, yes, but the new Halloween dragon can ONLY be caught on Halloween. The older Halloweens will never be released as CBs again, only bred.

I usually breed mine with Metallics or mates that my giftees have chosen smile.gif

Interesting. Means I need things off CD sooner.

And after all of my 2012 eggs hatch, I plan on doing a mass biting with my vamps to help clear the backlog of eggs.

Wonderful idea! Il definitely help out!

Here are 2 questions for you guys. What are your favorite Halloween pairings? and What theme are you hoping the 2012 Halloween dragon will be?

Hm favourite halloween pairings... call me cliche but I love silvers x shadow walkers.

-Bonemarrows x ALT sweetlings

-Bonemarrows x Blacks

:>

Oh, oh! and I forgot the theme... Well even though we have had bone marrows, I still think it will be a skeletal thing. But I think a cool halloween dragon idea would be something completely black (or something to that effect) that likes to creep around at night and terrorize other dragons.

Not really a theme per say but I think it would make a neat dragon :3

Edited by boscodelta

I don't plan on getting any more Zombies this year. I can't stand the fact that mine move around constantly. They are always terrorizing my poor Cheesies. DX

But I do plan on continuing a few of my Marrow Lineages. Marrows are my favorite Halloween dragon so I have lots planned for them. Although I'm probably not as prepared as I should be. XP

Don't have much planned for SW's. I'm just gonna wing it and see what I come up with.

As for Pumpkins, same goes or them. I have a few lineages planned, but since I'm focusing more on Marrows, I don't know if I will be able to continue them.

Too many lineages, not enough egg slots. xd.png

I'm planning to

- breed my three CB Shadow Walkers and give the eggs to users with no Shadow Walkers

- get four 2nd gen Pumpkins and three 2nd gen Black Marrows (that's gonna be hard, already made up IOUs)

- catch four new Halloween dragons to have two CB pairs

- _mabye_ try for a second Zombie, but I think I'm happy with my one

I will:

-Catch a better lineaged Pumpkin(s)

-Breed 2nd gen PB Shadow Walker and 2nd gen EG Shadow Walker, both to gift

-Breed 3rd gen PB Black Marrow to gift

-Maybe try for a female Zombie, since my only one is male

-Not miss out on the event this year as I have two years running

-Catch a pair of Halloween '12s

I plan to continue this Pumpkin lineage with a Misfit Pygmy.

I have a pretty Black x Marrow lineage going, and I plan to get the 3rd Gen male to continue it. Already have the mate for him.

I want to get more Zombies. I have a gendered hatchling and a male, but I want an ungendered hatchling and maybe another adult or two. I prefer dragons of my own lineages to CB ones for this.

I need stage 1 frozen hatchlings from the Pumpkins, Marrows, and Shadow Walkers, plus a stage 2 Shadow Walker hatchling.I want to breed at least one PB Shadow Walker, for trading or for keeping. I also plan to trade or gift some 2nd Gen Pumpkins. I want to keep all of my Marrows, I think, unless there is a very good offer in the trading threads. I plan to get a full 7 new Halloween eggs, just like I did with the Shadow Walkers. I only have one CB pair of Pumpkins and one pair of Marrows.

I can't wait for the Halloween event, I loved the Haunted House last year!

I hope the new Halloween Dragon is werewolf themed.

I'm not doing zombies this year. I'm going to be grabbing as many eggs as I can from past halloweens and also I'm planning on gifting many bred eggs away thorugh TGT. Right now I'm looking for good mates and cheacking if they will refuse or not.

Haha, I thought to myself, what else could be done for a halloween dragon? And these are what I came up with;

Candy Corn dragon

Treats dragon

Slimy dragon

Edited by boscodelta

Yes. That's an excellent idea. I've got 35 or 36 vamps and I'd actually be interested to see how many I could turn before the backlog cleared. (Knowing my vamps they'll just eat everything like the hogs they are, but I digress.) We should coordinate a bunch of folks to do it. Maximize the Halloween fun a little bit. Hooray! C:

What I plan to breed this year? Well, everything. Last year I gifted or AP tossed all but one Pumpkin from what I bred, and picked up four 2nd Gen Marrows and two 3rd Gen Pumpkins. Wound up with seven Shadow Walkers. This year I'll be breeding:

1 x PB 2G Gen Black Marrow

1 x PB 3G Black Marrow

1 X 2G M White Stripe x F Black Marrow

1 x PB 2G Shadow Walker

2 x 2G M Shadow Walker x F Moonstone

All of those, I'm keeping. I either pure straight want them, or I need them for lineage projects. My Moonstone x Shadow Walker line is so pretty.

That will leave me with quite a few nice things to breed. I would like to find a blood swap for at least one of the other CB Shadow Walker's offspring. Then I'll be locked for a couple days. Once the first round of bred eggs hatches I might breed some of these others... but only if I can find people who really want them and will take good care of them.

All my Zombies were fail last year, but I plan to try again. I haven't made a final decision on exactly who yet.

Our spriters are super-talented, and I'm really excited to see what they've come up with for this year. What I'm hoping for are bats, mummies, or Frankenstein monsters.

Yes.  That's an excellent idea.  I've got 35 or 36 vamps and I'd actually be interested to see how many I could turn before the backlog cleared.  (Knowing my vamps they'll just eat everything like the hogs they are, but I digress.)  We should coordinate a bunch of folks to do it.  Maximize the Halloween fun a little bit.  Hooray!  C:

I've only got a handful of Vampires but I will certainly join in on this. smile.gif

I've been inactive with DC for most of this year and suddenly had the urge to return! And now I'm excited for Halloween. biggrin.gif Will be breeding/dropping all of my Halloween eggs and grabbing the new ones. biggrin.gif

Ooh - and trying for zombies again! I've had no success with the last attempts so hopefully this year it will happen for me!

Edited by Snailbait

I gotta:

Get 1 nice EG pumpkin

2 Marrows - both male and female (already have IOUs for both)

1 or 2 2nd gen shadow walkers

and all the new releases I can get. tongue.gif

Edited by kleptomaniac

I gotta:

Get 1 nice EG pumpkin

2 Marrows - both male and female (already have IOUs for both)

1 or 2 2nd gen shadow walkers

and all the new releases I can get. tongue.gif

That's essentially my list as well. (except the IOUs for the Marrows.)

And, if I actually CAN get my hand on those, I'd be more than willing to join the breeding party for next year.

The thing that I hate the most, though, is that I've been a part of Dragon Cave since late 07, but I didn't think any dragons revolved around Halloween. It wasn't until last year, via the forms, that I found out about them. As a result, the only Halloween dragon I have is a single CB Shadow Walker.

At least I've been able to keep up with most of the Christmas dragons...

My guesses only include that this year, we'll have dimorphisms.

My plans are to breed a couple of my Shadow Walkers to pay an IOU, breed my marrows, who I've all found a mate for for a nice, even lineage. I'm planning on keeping my white checkered, and one ember and one black checkered marrow. x3

edit: oh, and zombies. Yes. I need to prepare my adult zombie "fodder".

Edited by kiyoura

I don't plan on getting any more Zombies this year. I can't stand the fact that mine move around constantly. They are always terrorizing my poor Cheesies. DX

Too many lineages, not enough egg slots. xd.png

OMG, I laughed out loud when I read that, too funny!

I don't know that I have any major plans, breed them, gifting a couple, keeping a couple.

Probably not going to make the zombies this year, if I do, it will be with some poor inbred sap on the back end of my scroll....

Can't wait to see the new ones for this year, one of my favorite releases. biggrin.gif