waterdragon123

Find a book that nearest to you and

19 minutes ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

I have to say I don't believe this kind of optimism exists among artistic types.

He's a glassblower. And, from the events of the day in question, ends up creating 100 exquisite pieces that sadly will not see the light of day for a very long time as his sons are fighting over their inheritance. (It's a non-fiction book, which surprised me. I thought I was bringing home a novel.)

3 minutes ago, Lagie said:

He's a glassblower. And, from the events of the day in question, ends up creating 100 exquisite pieces that sadly will not see the light of day for a very long time as his sons are fighting over their inheritance. (It's a non-fiction book, which surprised me. I thought I was bringing home a novel.)

Non-fiction is very often fictionalized to make it a smoother, easier read. Like The Five: The Untold Lives of the Women Killed by Jack the Ripper and The Devil In The White City - the author plumps up the story with historical details from the period that may have very little to to with their real lives.

"We're with the Portland police, but we're here on behalf of the Medford police."

The Girl I Used To Be by April Henry

1 hour ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

the author plumps up the story with historical details from the period that may have very little to to with their real lives

This one is filled with cool historical info.

Were they aware of the children growing in their wombs?

The House of the Scorpion - Nancy Farmer

"For the children of Roger and Anne Durling, it wasn't a public event."
Executive Orders by Tom Clancy

"Who brent ye?" said the mother fairy, "I'll sort him."

Abbey Lubbers, Banshees & Boggarts by Katherine Briggs

(another book that starts numbering pages from the very first one in the book and the first is blank on both sides!)

"맞아." 셔츠의 단추를 채우며 거실로 돌아온 그는 닥터 스마일을 향해 말했다.

파머 엘드리치의 세 개의 성흔 (The Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch) - Philip K. Dick

ADHD is a strange creature. I looked at the characters above and saw them as a stick figure running an obstacle course. 

ETA: I apologise, I thought this was the current thought thread for a sec. lemme go follow the rules. ^_^;

-----------------------

Chicken Parmigiana - Tender white chicken, sauce and cheese $8.99 (Luisa's Italian Pizzeria menu)

Edited by Syiren

With a miner for a grandfather, we got the council home and free coal delivered, and the art of making the coal fire that heated the house has turned me into a lifelong pyromaniac.

What Does This Button Do? (An Autobiography) - Bruce Dickinson (Yeah, the Iron Maiden singer)

Ellen watched as her father reached into the pan and scooped up a square of cornbread. 

Night Cry by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor

McCoy scowled. "I said," and this time he enunciated each word clearly, "I'd rather trust Spock."

Uhura's Song by Janet Kagan

They looked like naturals.

Getting a Grip: On My Body, My Mind, My Self - Monica Seles (she visited our shelter after helping transport 75 dogs stateside by luxury yacht after Hurricane Dorian)

As the roots probe downward into the gravelike darkness of the Earth, its branches grow ever upward toward the light, to be crowned by the sacred mistletoe.

Wheel of the Year: Living the Magical Life by Pauline Campanelli

"In New-York City, yes, ma'am."                                                                'Get a rope.'

Lake In The Clouds by Sara Donati

Bump - who is a character in the book above btw

"You should have died in the camp," the voice said. 

The Boy Who Saw by Simon Toyne