waterdragon123

Find a book that nearest to you and

"In practice: I'm not so good at words of power even in the best of situations."

The Son of Sobek, Rick Riordan- Carter Kane

"Having smelled wet dog food, Stan could understand his dog's desire for something fit for consumption." - James A. Moore

"You hate us all, or so I gather."

(Shakespeare's Sonnets Abridged Beyond The Point Of Usefulness by Zach Weinersmith)

"They were used to greeting each other on the run, as they juggled cases here with other responsibilities." - Betrayed: The Assassination of Digna Ochoa by Linda Diebel

We are Nature, long have we been absent, but now we return. - Walt Whitman 

"Earth Prayers From Around The World: 365 prayers, poems and invocations honoring the Earth" edited by Elizabeth Roberts and Elias Amidon

"Ensin näkyy valkoista."

Markus Zusak, The Book Thief, translated into Finnish by Pirkko Biström

55 minutes ago, Varislapsi said:

"Ensin näkyy valkoista."

Markus Zusak, The Book Thief, translated into Finnish by Pirkko Biström

Ohh, I recognized a word! Something in that sentence is white!

And now for my quote:
"I get to the stage five minutes early where, as ever, Tero Kinnunen, my bass technician, is already waiting for me."

Timo Kangasluoma, Marco Hietala: Stainless?, translated into English by Michael Majalahti

"When I was old enough, he had told me all these things." Listen For The Whisper by Phyllis A. Whitney

1 hour ago, lovecats99 said:

"Hard #3"

It's an extreme sudoku book. XD

XD

We're off the road somewhere, not far from the highway.

Wither by Lauren DeStefano

"I am" - Andrew Fermont flopped down on an armchair in the smoking area, closed his eyes, and heaved a blissful sigh - "in love."  

Bewitched by Sandra Schwab

"No framed photo holding amber love, no rack to mount the swan."

Free Stallion, Amber Tamblyn  (book of poems)

They cross the Channel at midnight.

All the Light We Cannot See Anthony Doerr

"We were on this field, and I lifted Tuomas on the seat and explained where the throttle and the brake were."

Once Upon a Nightwish: The Early Years - Mape Ollila, translated by Olga Pohjola

She couldn't bear facing up to how serious everything really was.

The Bookshop on the Shore Jenny Colgan

"They have droll theory of Creation, for they think a pregnant woman fell down from Heaven, and that a tortoise (tortoises are plenty and large in this country, two, three, and four feet long, some with two heads, very mischievous and addicted to biting) took this pregnant woman on its back, because every place was covered with water; and that the woman sat on the tortoise's back and scraped together some of the earth, whence it was finally happened that the earth was raised above the water."  1644 Johanne Megalopensis, minister, commenting on the Mohawks from "Witnessing America : the Library of Congress book of firsthand accounts of life in America, 1600-1900  America"

Barbie started feeling better as soon as he passed Food City and left downtown behind.

Under the Dome by Stephen King

"Mamm's eyes widened into soft blue moons as she turned to look at me."

The Stone Wall by Beverly Lewis

"Time enough later, he had said, to learn who was who in that moldy gallery and Father, laughing, had let him go."  - Blood & Ivory: A Tapestry by P. C. Hodgell   

Not letting this die.

"He went out to hunt game to provide meat for food and skins for clothing."

- First Course In Home Making by Maude Ruchman Calvert and Leila Bunce Smith 1942 8th grade textbook with 528 pages (not counting calorie appendix and alphabetical index)

"Ha!" said Mrs. Marks.

500 Miles From You

Jenny Colgan

Her smile seemed forced before she hurried off.

An Amish Singing - Amy Clipston

Meg Corbyn entered the bathroom in the Human Liaison's Office and laid out the items she'd labeled the tools of prophecy: antiseptic ointment, bandages, and the silver folding razor decorated with pretty leaves and flowers on one side of the handle.

Vision in Silver (The Others #3) by Anne Bishop