waterdragon123

Find a book that nearest to you and

'I think I'll close up early tonight,' said Tinto to himself, 'take a couple of bottles of five-year-old oil upstairs, watch the late-night movie, Rusty the Rotten Dog, drown my sorrows and pray for sunshine tomorrow.

The Toyminator - Robert Rankin

All around Josh there was a cautious craning of necks and shifting of positions to see the newcomer, he had to hiss out of the corner of his mouth to Midshipman Anderson to stop at the boy and incurring the captain's wrath by actually stepping forward.

Edited by Kanaye

"He was born at Ueno in the province of Iga, thirty miles southwest of Kyoto, the former imperial capital and still the home of the imperial family."

about Basho (1644-94), from the beginning of The Essential Haiku

WESTERN BLUE-TONGUE (Tiliqua occipitalis)

The Western Blue-tongue is easily identified by its broad, well defined, blackish-brown and cream cross bands and a black stripe from ear to eye.

Keeping Blue-Tongue Lizards by Grant Turner.

"Every time they assembled and he spoke to them"

Well... it's a book of poetry and the poet in question does not use full-stops :<

집 안에 있을 때는 집이 안 보인다. (you can't see house when you are insied house.)

진실의 적들(the enemy of truth)

They had gone away, disappointed, unable to understand he had meant what he'd said.

A bloated prison galley bound for the southern colonies flew the red-tipped banner that warned there were murderers aboard.

First you go weak and drowsy, and everything starts to fade, and then it's like sinking into a sea of warm milk.

If i timed it right, the wheeling movement of the dancers- because if you watch a time lapse of a dancing crowd, they do always go in a wagon wheel- would take me right to the best exit Christophe had shown me on the layouts, his arm warm and comforting over my shoulders and his voice just a murmur in my ear.

Defiance by Lili St. Crow

Harry closed his eyes against the now blazing evening sky as the newsreader said, "And finally, Bungy the Budgie has found a novel way of keeping cool this summer. Bungy, who lives at the Five Feathers in Barnsley, has learned to water-ski! Mary Dorkins went to find out more..."

5th Harry Potter book.

It was gritty and cold and strangely delicious.

(Dragon Keeper by Robin Hobb)

Oh, this looks fun!

"Determining needs and setting goals should be your priority."

You see, there are so many books...

"Occasionally one comes across parents who take the opposite line, who show no interest at all in their children, and there are far worse than the doting ones." ~ Matilda

"A good way to improve your critical thinking skills is to compare your answers with those of your classmates and to discuss how you arrived at your answers."

Living in the Environment, AP* Edition

(my AP Environmental Science textbook)

All campgrounds included in this book provide at least the basic amenities of drinking water, wood for sale, picnic tables, fire pits and pit toilets; some larger campgrounds may also have sani-stations, flush toilets, showers, wheelchair access, interpretive programs, visitor centres and/or group camping.

(we ended up not camping though uwu )

"Even the Providence Art Club, anxious to preserve its conservatism, had found him quite hopeless."

H.P. Lovecraft

Great Tales Of Horror

Edited by Gutz