waterdragon123

Find a book that nearest to you and

Find a random book that nearest to you, (any kind even a textbook or even a dictionary) flip to the 4 page and read the first sentence. But don't count the acknowledgments and the things before the story. I'll go first. biggrin.gif

All those words, Henry saw a strange vision forming in the wind -blown of wheat.

Edited by waterdragon123

No, more like a tale recorded on an expanse of desert, in tracks left by countless caravans of nomads, a story of slow, millennial migrations, like those of the people of Atlantis when they left the continent of Mu and roamed, stubbornly, compactly, from Tasmania to Greenland, from Capricorn to Cancer, from Prince Edward Island to the Svalbards. Foucault's Pendulum - Umberto Eco

"abutment n. 1 an abutting 2 a part supporting an arch, bridge, etc."

..what? It was a dictionary. xd.png

Two first sentences on this one (one in a text box of information and one for the actual textbook information)

If when driving across the vast expanses of the United States on an interstate highway you are hit by hunger pangs, you are unlikely to be thinking about geography.

and

The word geography, invented by the ancient Greek scholar Eratosthenes, is based on two Greek words: Geo means "Earth," and graphy means "to write."

My geography textbook =P

"Seconds later, he had climbed out onto a rather fine antique rug, brushing ash from the sleeves of his long pin-striped cloak, a lime green bowler hat in his hand."

I bet you all know where this is from wink.gif

'The Health and Safety (Safety Signs & Signals) Regulations 1996 and conform to ISO 7010 where applicable.'

I work in a lab. *shrugs*

'The breeders didn't expect him, those hands-on gods of the universe'-Funny Cide

"The atmosphere heavies."

Some story I was writing in my secret journal plans for the future. I plan on remaking it (it was terrible)

I looked over at him and laughed, "Hahaa, well umm ... no but I hope to learn some day. Hold the damn deck steady for me okay?"

Whether you are watching reptiles in your own back yard, while picnicking near a pond, or during a trip to the desert, this book will help you learn to look at reptiles the way a naturalist does. - First Field Guide Reptiles

It was a Red Sox T-shirt that he had claimed, today at the party, to have bought for her with his own money.

If you can count to 9 you can play sudoku!

(from a puzzle book)