Snowytoshi

Writing Contest #1 Fan-fiction!

Hello! As many of you know we have a photography contest and a signature contest. So I figured- why not a writing contest? There will be a word limit and a theme for each contest and all you need to do is write a story that follows the rules. If you win you'll be able to host the next contest smile.gif

This month's theme is fan-fiction: this can be fan fiction of anything. Have fun!

Rules

• Stories must be 250 to 1000 words.
  • Follow each month's theme.
  • Writing in text speak is your choice, but I'm not sure how many votes you'll get.
  • Don't be a sore loser. Yelling at other players or the host will be reported to a mod.
  • Likewise do not engage trolls, there's a report button at the top of every post for a reason.
  • If you have questions please PM me (Snowytoshi).
  • Stories must be family friendly.
  • Please save your story to Figment, Pastebin, etc. If you can't do that PM the host your story. This keeps the thread from getting cluttered.
  • If you want to participate please bold your post in blue and say, "I want to participate!"
  • All entries are due on the 15th of October.
Participants
  • sparkle10184
  • Takhesis
  • satyr76
  • Princess Kiara
  • Angel of the Inferno
  • Gluria
  • blackdragon71
  • Phoenix Star
Edited by Snowytoshi

Sounds like fun, Snow. But whatever in the world is Pastebin and Figment?

Perhaps you should add a participant list so people aren't confused.

I may take part in this one.

Though.. for me, personally, 750 words is a bit of an iffy limit. Sometimes it would be enough for me, sometimes I would need a lot more. That's my opinion.. some others who like to write may agree, or may not. Dunno. Maybe 1000, it's definitely enough to get a small story told as well as not being so ridiculously long that no one wants to read it?

And I agree on the participant list :3

Sounds like fun, Snow. But whatever in the world is Pastebin and Figment?

http://figment.com/

http://pastebin.com/

I'm sure you can find similar things online if those don't appeal to you wink.gif

Perhaps you should add a participant list so people aren't confused.

Good idea!

I may take part in this one.

Though.. for me, personally, 750 words is a bit of an iffy limit. Sometimes it would be enough for me, sometimes I would need a lot more. That's my opinion.. some others who like to write may agree, or may not. Dunno. Maybe 1000, it's definitely enough to get a small story told as well as not being so ridiculously long that no one wants to read it?

And I agree on the participant list :3

I'll edit the OP to reflect the change.

I would like to participate, but goodness, even 1000 words is too short for me. I once had to write a short story in 1000 words and it was horrible...

I'll still be lurking though, to see how everyone does. smile.gif

I want to participate!

Although I'm not quite sure if I'll be able to...if I'll have time, with homework. Will get to work now though!

Also, if you need prizes bred, I'm volunteering, as long as it's not too impossible to breed! smile.gif

Edited by Princess Kiara

I wasn't really going to have prizes, the prize was going to be hosting the next game. Though we can have prizes as well xd.png

Also the word count is for this contest alone, the next host may choose whatever word count they see fit.

I want to participate!

I'll give it a shot c:

Oh, is the host going to pick the winner, or will there be a poll?

Edited by satyr76

There will be a poll similar to how the photography contest is done. Also all entries are due on the 15th of October unless you guys think that is too long?

Lol I just found the shortest fic I've ever written and its 2,322 Words xd.png

Think I need to trim that one. Or would a single Chapter from one of my longer fanfictions be acceptable?

I want to participate!

Edit: I hope I got this right.

Edited by Angel of the Inferno

Lol I just found the shortest fic I've ever written and its 2,322 Words xd.png

Think I need to trim that one. Or would a single Chapter from one of my longer fanfictions be acceptable?

A chapter is fine just so long as the reader wouldn't feel completely lost in it.

I want to participate!

This will be quite a challenge to me, since English isn't my first language and I never wrote a fanfiction in English before rolleyes.gif

Edited by Gluria

Is it too late?

I want to participate!

Edited by blackdragon71