sarrepta1

Vendetta

Nighttime was usually silent, except for the soft humming of the nightly breeze. Despite the fact that the breeze was as quiet as a whisper, it could carry a lot of different sounds. Tiffany was sure of that.

Tiffany could hear the voice clear across the junkyard. She felt her body tense. A shiver rolled down her spine. Sweat dripped from her face. However, the most demanding force of fear was her instincts: Get out of there.

Tiffany took off sprinting. At first, she was moving at a quite slow pace, but the instructions she was given from her inner self urged her to run faster, and she did just that. Although Tiffany knew that the noise her ears had traced was human, but she was still unsure whether the voice's owner would be trustworthy or not. She did not want to get killed tonight.

After ten seconds of nothing but running, Tiffany spotted her possible protector. A few ways away from her was a corner shielded with darkness. It beckoned her into it. Tiffany thought this would be an excellent hiding place, but then again, her mind reminded her of the dangers of being seen. Feeling like she was out of options, Tiffany accelerated forward into the dark corner.

Ruby was relieved to know that there would be no full moon that night. The sound of glass breaking made Blake run off toward the junkyard. Instead of following him immeadiately, Ruby sprinted over to her house, climbed the ivey growing on the side, and jumped in the wondow. She grabbed a small, black backpack and threw some of her things inside of it. Ruby grabbed her small swis army knife, that she stole from one of her previous families, and threw her bag out the window. She followed, fearlessly, into the bushes below. Quickly, she put on her backpack and sprinted off toward the junkyard.

Blake continued running after the sound of junk being smothered. He couldn't exactly tell what it was that made the noise. It wasn't fast enough to be a wolf, but if it was, it was just fat. He continued running until he saw a girl, who looked like she had just been going from a bad scrap. " Come on!" He yelled rather loudly. " I'm a werewolf hunter. Get over here, and maybe we can talk this out." He waved his flash light in her direction. " If you don't come out, I'm going to leave you or shoot you. Come out before the ladder comes."

Tiffany felt her heart pound rapidly. For a second, she didn't know what she had to do. She didn't know what happened. She was unsure of what would occur next. She felt as if she were doomed. As if she had no choice but to die.

But the voice, the human voice she had heard. The seconds spent on each word shifted her emotions surprisingly quickly. Werewolf dragged in the unwanted company of fear darkness horrifed disturbed distressed weak vulnerable dead. But, with the aid of the finishing word hunter, Tiffany was relieved. It was now only the last sentence that frightened her. Tiffany revealed herself.

"Hunter?" she asked in almost a whisper. Suddenly, her instincts warned her of the last phrase.

"Wait! Please don't kill me," she begged.

" Good." From the voice, it was a girl. Blake stepped closer. He extended his hand without the light and put that quickly away. " I'm Blake. Heir to the throne of Ireland's most reknown werewolf hunters." Blake barely believed himself. It would be hard for this girl to believe him. " I found a girl in an abondoned house. Most of the town over there is abondoned. Or they are really scared of everything. She's told me that she's adopted. So I'm guessing recently since she hasn't adopted the ways of the frightened mouse. " Blake remembered the real reason he was here. " Oh yes. From the looks of you, I'm guessing that another town has been overun by the beasts. I was on my way to fix that but my pilot dissappereard."

Ruby sprinted through the junkyard, toward the sound of voices. She rounded a corner and there he was, with a woman. She approached them slowly and quietly. 'I think I've seen her from my window.' She thought. ruby had only been out of her attic a few times in the three months she had been there, so her view of the village had been slight.

"Really? Well then..." Tiffany trailed off, unsure of what to say next. She couldn't believe it: it had been so long since she had seen a person.

But, before she could continue, Tiffany's eyes traced a young girl. "Hello," Tiffany said, trying to sound serene and tranquil.

Sarisha realized that the woman was talking to her,so she decided to approach the two of them. However, she stopped in front of Tiffany and outstreched her hand. "Hello. What's your name?" Ruby asked as cutely as she could.

" So then, I guess I owe you an apology. " Blake sighed and put his weapons away, while taking out a smile. " I think that you had the worst beast problem in this district. I can't believe that you're the one who survived. You don't look bulky, you do look scratched, I'm guessing that you were a recent attack victim. Tell me, what happened to the rest of your town?" He said. He was interested in this girls story, and wasn't sure if the little girl was telling the truth. She never said that she wasn't one, and didn't seem to accept the truth. If she knew at all.

Tiffany smiled. "I'm Tiffany," she said pleasantly to the girl. However, before she could continue, she was interrupted by the hunter's words.

"Oh...I'm not sure," she tried to reply in a confused tone, trying to tell the truth. "I know that some people have been killed here. Some might've run away. Oh well, that's just my guess. Otherwise, I have no idea." Tiffany's mind wandered deep into farther thoughts and memories. Despite the vast distance it spreaded, nothing important or useful popped up into her head. Maybe she just couldn't think right now. The thought of the missing people of this town confused her before she even began thinking about it.

Ruby smiled sweetly at the woman named Tiffany. "This nice man is going to get me out of this town. He said that he would take me with him!" Her voice remained forginly cute. "Are you coming too, nice lady?!" She squealed and grabbed the hem of the woman's shirt.

"You really should. This county is going down the toilet. With her parents not even brave enough to face me, I doubt that they could even stand if they saw the beasts you've been fighting." Blake checked his pockets and found a knife and a smaller one. He gave the small one to the girl and the large one to the other girl. " I know what you used to do and you are someone who the world needs. I can equip and house both of you, if you accept my offer and show me a place of transportation. We're going to Ireland."

"Sounds fun!" Ruby lied. She looked at the knife he handed her. She had one of her own, but it may be smarter not to tell him that. She glanced at the knife with the fear a normal eight year old would have. She did hope that Tiffany went with them, it would incline her to talk less.

Blake could hear thee sarcasm in her voice. " It's okay to want to stay. It's not okay if you are. Those beasts were being fed by those people from her village. Yours is next. I'd have this place evacuated if I could. And I can. But I'm not because I'm a smart person. This town is useless. Nonetheless, the people here are of some importance to those things. Go along and post a sign that tells people to leave."

"You want me to go off by myself?!" She said, false fear in her voice. "But what if one of those monster thingies omes after me?" She grabbed onto Tiffany's leg and was no hiding behind it. There was some real fear in her voice. If her "parents" saw her outside, they bould nearly beat her to death.

" I never said that." Blake said. " It's not a full moon. Just use your knife if you find any." Blake pulled out and checked his own gun. It was full, and no sign of it being jammed. " Even a phone would be good. I can get where we are. And use Tiffany to your advantage. Not everyone has a tall and strong girl on their side. Now go. I must seach for signs of the beasts. Like hair trails, dead animal skeletons, and some other things. Or stay here. I'll just stay."

"YAY!" Ruby exclaimed with over intencified glee. "Let's go lady!" She pulled on Tiffany's sleeve and waited for her to follow her.

Tiffany's grin grew larger as she looked into the little girl's eyes. Of course she would go with them. Who wouldn't? After all, there were man-eating monsters roaming this place, so it probably would've been safer to travel with others.

Ruby started running, still holding onto Tiffany's arm. When they reached the village again, Ruby stopped and stared up at her. "Do you have papers and pencils? Ooh! And crayons!" She practically yelled. "We could make the sign pretty!"

Tiffany's mind seemed to be lagging behind her for some reason. Her head just felt a little bit weird, and she was suddenly very weary and tired. Maybe it was because of the fact that she hadn't slept in a long time. She almost fell down a couple of times as she walked. Luckily, the excited voice of the girl with her awakened her a bit and straightened her mind.

"Ahh...uh," Tiffany mumbled, unsure of what to say in response to the girl's questions. The weariness spread over her again, and she felt like collapsing on the ground and falling asleep.

"I don't-" Tiffany tried to say, but her strength was beginning to succumb to her tired body. "-think so," she tried to finish the sentence. A yawn escaped her lips, and Tiffany began to stumble a little.

Blake didn't expect her to be so weary. Well, the tired part. Passing out would have been fine, yet somehow, she kept that from happening, as well as staying awake from sleep deprivation. He walked near her and put her left arm behind his neck and held it there. " Come on. We'll find a car, then leave. You can lay down and sleep in the back, and Ruby can sit in the front seat. How does that sound?" Blake gave a smirk in her direction, while facing forwards, giving the illusion that he was smiling completely. " Can you stay awake much longer? I know how to lockpick and hotwire, but I'm going to guess that you need some info."

Ruby watched Blake assist Tiffany. She decided that quiiet would be good right now, so she kept her mouth shut and followed them.