HeroLink42

Where Have you Traveled?

Searched and couldn't find.

Because of my parents' jobs, I've done quite a bit of traveling in my life. I've lived in 6 countries (USA, Sri Lanka, South Korea, Germany, Uzbekistan and Ecuador) and visited around 20 in total.

So tell me! Where have all of you been? Have you ever traveled overseas? Or been somewhere cool within your country? What were some of the things you experienced?

Edited by HeroLink42

So far, my parents have dragged me out to Hawaii, Arizona, Lake Tahoe, San Fransisco, New York, and probably some other places I don't remember.

... I don't like traveling ;n; It causes me stress

Edited by Switch

Lived - and still live in both at once ! - in two countries (UK and Canada) and have travelled all over both - only missing (so far) the Canadian Territories. Travelled to 30. I think this is the lot:

Andorra

Austria

Belgium

Bosnia

Botswana

Czech Republic

Denmark

Estonia

Finland

France

Germany

India

Ireland

Italy

Kenya

Liechtenstein

Luxembourg

Montenegro

Morocco

Nepal

Netherlands

Poland

Portugal

Russia

Slovenia

Spain

Sweden

Switzerland

USA

Vatican City

Zimbabwe

I like travelling !

Edited by fuzzbucket

Not as impressive, but:

Mount Everest / Nepal

Estonia

Germany (lived there)

Austria

Italy (every year)

France (well, I travel through it now and again!)

Belgium (see above)

Luxembourg (see above, overnight stay when the car broke down)

Holland (weekend trips to kayak there when I was younger)

Denmark

England (live there)

Wales

Niagara Falls / Canada

America (day-trip)

Bahrain (stop-over)

Edited by Kestra15

I don't travel a lot at all... But I've been to...

China(lives here)

England(used to live there)

France

Germany(flight exchange when I was 8... On my own...)

Greece

Sweden

Finland

Czech Republic

Most of these were when I was two years old...

Not as impressive, but:

Mount Everest / Nepal

Estonia

Germany (lived there)

Austria

Italy (every year)

France (well, I travel through it now and again!)

Belgium (see above)

Luxembourg (see above, overnight stay when the car broke down)

Holland (weekend trips to kayak there when I was younger)

Denmark

England (live there)

Wales

Niagara Falls / Canada

America (day-trip)

Ah but I have MANY years on you... xd.png

Dad works for an airline company, so lots of travel on stand-by. Some of the ones on this list have been 'passing through', rather than there for a proper visit. Some I've lived in, and some have been visited repeatedly.

England

Wales

Scotland

France

Spain

Germany

Austria

Belgium

Italy

USA

New Zealand

Guam

Bali

Malaysia

Singapore

Hong Kong

Think that's it. May update if I cna bring more to mind. Not that I've been outside England in the last 6 or 7 years.

Ah but I have MANY years on you... xd.png

For me, the travelling I intend to do over the coming years will be dictated by medical work - I hope to add Antarctica one day as a place I've worked and lived for a short time, perhaps a placement or two in Africa, maybe some work in the Carribean. I love travelling for the sake of travelling, but I do need to be economical as well for now - go somewhere with a purpose in mind, or be boring and return to places I love.

For me, the travelling I intend to do over the coming years will be dictated by medical work - I hope to add Antarctica one day as a place I've worked and lived for a short time, perhaps a placement or two in Africa, maybe some work in the Carribean. I love travelling for the sake of travelling, but I do need to be economical as well for now - go somewhere with a purpose in mind, or be boring and return to places I love.

Oh - we are economical... Tesco points usually pay for the cross Channel stuff; and we sleep in a very VERY old (like 1989) VW van... (and we have no other huge hobbies - no golf, other club memberships, smoking, fashion etc.)

And that list took me YEARS smile.gif A few trips were push out the boat stuff, I admit. India and Nepal (just me) was the blink.gifblink.gifblink.gif one.... But I had wanted to go since I was 3 years old and saw photos of Jaipur and the Taj and some pretty sari'd women in front of it. It was all everything I had hoped for (including actually SEEING Everest biggrin.gif) I want to go back and see more.

I SO want to get to the Antarctic and REALLY into the Arctic (I have been within the circle but not PROPERLY smile.gif)

Germany

Austria

Spain

Portugal

Hungary

all over the USA

Canada

Brazil

Argentina

Turkey

Italy

Australia (SouthWest)

Sweden

Denmark

Czech Republic

Dominican Republic

England

France

... maybe I forgot some. My parents love traveling and dragged me along. I still hate traveling in groups and sightseeing tours.

I feel myself so... poor?

Latvia

Sweden (every year)

Finland (every year)

Denmark

I just get almost free ship tickets to Sweden and Finland c:

Let's see.

South Korea(I live here)

U.S

Canada

Guam

Hong Kong

Thailand

Morocco

Dubai

China

That's about it.

Not very impressive neither in quantity or distance, but I don't have a lot of money. :u

I've been to (in chronological order of first visit):

Lithuania

Estonia (thrice, last time this July)

Spain

Germany (thrice, including an Erasmus study exchange semester)

Czech Republic (twice)

Belgium

UK (twice)

Sweden

Edited by lightbird

*digs out map*

Czech Republic (that's where I live)

Slovakia

Austria

Croatia

Greece

Egypt

Tunisia (these four were typical beach vacations though, so I hardly count that as a visit)

Netherlands (just sort of passed through while heading to the UK)

Germany (the same)

UK

Not too impressive, but I'm planning to expand this list when I'm able to travel on my own. I dream of visiting Finland and some Asian countries. smile.gif

I'm not rich enough to travel- just Scotland, Holland, France and Italy. The first we drove to, the second was in school, the third my Dad paid for and the forth we saved up for years for.

Hmm, let's see.

Finland (I live there)

Sweden

Denmark

Estonia

Latvia

England

Ireland

Spain

Italy

USA (California & Hawaii)

China (Hong Kong)

I guess that was all. I dream of one day traveling to Japan and Australia, they're both places I've wanted to visit for a while. smile.gif

Travelling is one of my favourites things to do. (Like when you wake up ridiculously early in the morning and not feel tired. And the nice, pretty places you visit)

Places:

UK;

Scotland

England (living here)

Wales

Japan (lived there)

China (lived there)

Belgium

Holland

France

Italy

D: I think that's it. I haven't been to very many countries (I'm mainly limited to visiting Europe and going to Asia to visit friends/family), though I've seen enough of the Peak and Lake District to last me a lifetime. But I'm planning a trip to Iceland for next year, which should be awesome. C:

Edited by glass_kisses

Maryland

New Jersey

Pennsylvania (live here)

Delaware

North Carolina

Virginia

I don't get out often. And you couldn't pay me to get on a ship/plane.

In the country (USA here!), I've been to New York for a few days, Florida a few times (mostly just Disney, but we stayed a few other places, too), and Michigan a few times.

Out of the country, just Japan, but that was awesome and my favorite trip ever.

I live in Illinois.

I'm not big on vacations, but I'd like to go to Japan or Florida again.

Haven't travelled much either, but I am definitely hoping to do more.

Most of Canada (except the Eastern Maritime provinces and the three territories)-- I live in Ontario

Most of the U.S.

Mexico

England

France (day trip)

Edited by CDM

What is this insanity?!

I've never even stepped foot outside of the U.S - hardly have gone outside of my STATE. e_e

So, uh. I've been to... three different states that are close together? i'm cool too guys

Poland (where my family's from), Canada (live in BC, been to Quebec and Ontario), US (California, Oregon, Nevada, Arizona, Washington, Hawaii, Texas, Virginia), Mexico, Greece, Tunisia, Singapore, Taiwan, Ecuador (with a charity organization), Holland, Germany, England, Hungary, Czech Republic, Vatican City, Italy, Austria, Slovakia.

Travelling is one of my biggest passions smile.gif

I'm going to Belgium for the first time next summer (and France and England along the way), so I'm super stoked for that. I'd love to visit the Scandinavian countries, and I really want to go to Rome again.

Edited by SPQR

What is this insanity?!

I've never even stepped foot outside of the U.S - hardly have gone outside of my STATE. e_e

So, uh. I've been to... three different states that are close together? i'm cool too guys

I've never been out of my state, let alone the country, so, yeah.

We're so cool, Zov xd.png *high-fives*

Inside the USA: Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, New York, Texas, and California. (Also Puerto Rico if that counts since it technically belongs with the USA but isn't a state.)

Outside the USA:

China

England

France

Belgium

Switzerland

The Netherlands

Germany

Australia