Quhanta

Striving For Survival

Vexx tumbled back as many soup cans covered the girl, crushing her underweight. He simply looked on for a second, before noticing how close the smashed-up car came to taking him with it. HOLY SH*T! He swallowed his surprise, trying to get back to the matter at hand. The others seemed to feel remorse the girl's death. Vexx stepped up among them. "Who cares? It's not like none of you have seen anyone die. I mean, we're in a goddamn zombie apocalypse. Death should seem natural by now." As it's been for my whole life... He looked at the group. "Names. Mine's Vexx." He nodded at the amputee, signalling to him.

((Oh, apparently, I missed that car. EDITING HERP DERP.))

Edited by vamprah9588

((Btw you don't know I'm an amputee, you might have a sneaking suspicion, but you can't see my prosthetic under my pants.))

M sighed, and closed the young girl's eyes before standing up, standing to attention and saluting the dead. He then turned his attention to the young man, who introduced himself as Vexx. "Whether or not we're used to it, how we treat our fallen youth is part of what makes us different. You may refer to me as The Major. Or Sir." he said gesturing to the symbol on his shoulder.

((I know, I'd just like to refer as him in third as such. I won't have my char know until it is revealed.))

"Very well, sir." The teen bowed his head slightly before turning to the one girl. "And y-" Vexx abruptly raised his hand to silence the area. He listened to the shuffling steps of the undead, before raising his pistol once more and firing at the sounds three times. Bullets ripped through the wood-pulp aisle wall, and shrill screams harmonized with the gunshots. The USP barely moved of recoil, thanks to the compensator attachment. Shuffling turned to pacing. "Talk later. I'll meet you guys outside."

((Defib, Two things that ZAP tongue.gif))

Josh sighed still feeling pretty bad about killing the girl, but Vexx was right, he'd seen many people out his window get attacked and killed by the zombies. He saw the gaping hole he had made with his car and a fair amount of zombies were entering. He aimed his pistol at them and started firing.

"We should leave!"

Sarisha could barely contain her anger. 'Who cares?' She thought to herself. He fired his weapon and exited the building. She chased after him and before she could realize what she was doing she had swung hard at his gut. "How dare you?!" She yelled, regardless of weather or not the shot landed.

Edited by Quhanta

Lien ran after Sarisha and gently took her arm to try and keep them from fighting. "Please. We should dwell about it later. But now is not good." She mumbled, trying to get past her panic and slight anger with the little remorse for the girl who died.

M drew his sidearm, and placed his left hand on his right. He lined up a shot and took it. A zombie wavered for a moment before falling over, a bullet-hole where its right eye was. 59 left M thought. "We need to move." M motioned to the back exit. Staying on sidestreets and back-alleys was probably the best bet to get out of the city.

(There is no back exit in Superstore.)

"No!" She called. "My truck's right over there." Sarisha pointed at the truck sitting four feet away. "And I don't care what anyone says, I'm driving!" She sprinted over to her truck and got in. The truck could hold two passengers in the cab. Anyone else who wanted to come would have to get in the bed.

Edited by Quhanta

"Fine, you two in the cab, I should be alright in the bed." M said, after all, it wasn't the first time he was in an exposed vehicle in a combat situation. Having the room to move should we get pinned down actually works out better. The cab only has a few exits. "Just don't stop." M said before jumping into the bed. He put away his sidearm and drew his rifle, flicking off the safety.

Lien quickly got into the car as instructed and scooted away so there would be more space. After that little accident, she wasn't so sure she really wanted to be in a car again.

Josh sighed, he walked over to the truck and jumped into the bed. He reached for the roof and climbed above the cab. He knelt on it with his gun at the ready for zombies.

Vexx had felt the slight of air from a hand swung at him as he had ran towards wherever the security room in this store were. He knew that they had a device to unlock almost any car door, in case anyone locked themselves out or other matters. He fired his pistol at each zombie seen, the hollow-point bullets making rather large holes in their skulls. He found the office, but all that turned on the doorknob was his hand. Damn. He put the barrel of his gun where the locking mechanism was, and heard a click as he pulled the trigger. Damn it! He took the magazine out of his USP with one hand, and- holding the empty pistol with his teeth, took a small box of bullets from his hoodie pocket. He hastily loaded the ammunition, as the remaining undead were heading for the loud sound of gunshots. As the last bullet was fit into the mag, he dropped the now empty box of .45 ammo and shoved the bullets into the pistol. He grabbed the gun from his mouth, and turned to the door again.

(The security room is upstairs and there is always someone there, so it's never locked.)

Sarisha leaned out her open window and examined who was there. "Anyone missing?" she called. 'Of course.' She thought. 'The only damn person who isn't there...' She jumped out of the truck, leaving the door open and ran back into the store. Gunshots came from upstairs, so she sprinted up the two flights of stairs and saw som zombies headed toward the security room. She shot down a few of them with her rifle as she approached the door. "Hey, Vexx." Sarisha called. "We don't got all day."

Josh was getting nervous, no one was going to drive the truck until Sarisha came back. Zombies heard the noise and were slowly closing in, if no one took the truck without the others, he will.

((Bump xd.png))

(( I was given the graces to go ahead and explain what happens to Vexx, since Vamprah was removed from the RP. I hope this is okay - sorry Vamprah! ))

Two doors on the sides of the hallway suddenly crashed open one after the other, spilling perhaps a dozen or more zombies out, flooding and blocking the pathway with clawing arms and lashing teeth. A couple walkers saw Sarisha first and turned, stumbling her way with open mouths and outstretched arms, snarling and hungry. Unfortunately, the remainder went for Vexx, ensuring only one thing - he had to get in to the security room or he would die.

Vexx took the handgun from between his teeth and glanced over his shoulder. What met his eyes was a sight none too pleasing - only meters away was the horde, blocking the hallway, surely making any attempt to get past suicidal. He quickly leveled the barrel at the lock of the door and pushed the slide forward. At that very moment, the cold hand of a zombie landed upon his shoulder and gripped tightly. He jerked his elbow back and spun, placed the handgun underneath the snarling zombie's jaw and pressed the trigger. The creature fell to the ground limply as the gun let out a sharp 'crack', and he quickly fired off three more rounds in to the nearest few. He then turned back to the door, gritted his teeth and pressed the weapon once more where the lock mechanism would be.

What he hadn't noticed in the chaos was that the weapon had jammed after the final shot. The round hadn't fully cycled in, leaving the weapon inoperable. Vexx noticed this only after the weapon was once more leveled at the lock. He uttered out a loud curse and turned, flipping the weapon around and holding it by the barrel, intent to use it as a club. The undead were upon him.

Behind him, the door was hurriedly unlocked and pulled open. Behind Vexx (who was now hitting zombies away with his weapon and backed halfway in to the wall next to the door) was a peculiar sight - a soldier. He had no helmet to speak of and his head was shaved bald. Worn around his torso was an armored vest, and a black rifle could be seen on his back. Of course, all of this was obscured for Sarisha, because between the two was a small horde. With what was almost a roar, the soldier swung his right arm (which held a hatchet in it) down, burying the axe in to a zombie's head. He took Vexx's shoulder with his gloved left hand and pulled hurriedly, shouting, "Come on!"

Vexx turned his head just as the soldier dug his hatchet in to another zombie's head. He rounded the door frame and tried to get in to the security room, but a dozen hands grabbed at him and his clothes from behind and began to pull him in to the horde. The soldier's hand gripping his shoulder slid down to his arm, then to his wrist. He gripped tightly and pulled with a grunt.

It was then that it happened.

A zombie clambered forward in front of the rest and sank its teeth deep in to Vexx's shoulder. The military man before him buried the hatchet in to its head, but it was too late. He muttered a curse word, giving a helpless, apologetic look to Vexx with friendly, brown eyes. The soldier's grip was slipping, and they both knew he was done in for. "I'm sorry," the soldier said quietly. He gave Vexx's hand a squeeze and let go, allowing the condemned teen to be dragged to the ground.

The soldier, whose chest tag read 'ARCTUR, W.', looped the hatchet's strap around his wrist, let it hang and reached down to his hip, pulling a Beretta M9 from the holster located there. Rather than take aim at any of the zombies, he leveled it at Vexx's head and pulled the trigger, ending his life with a sharp 'crack' and a flash of light, sparing him the agony of being a meal. It was only then that he backed up and began to select targets, firing off a shot in to seven feasting zombies' heads one by one, until there lay a small pile of bodies at the entrance to the security room. A few lingered in the hallway, and a couple tried crawling over the pile.

The soldier, Winston, backed up a bit and raised his head to look in to the hallway. His eyes fell on Sarisha, standing at the other end, perhaps only six live zombies left in the hallway between them.

(( Hope that was alright. ))

Edited by Arctic

(Holy s**t. THAT WAS EPIC!!!)

Sarisha threw the rifle over her shoulder, letting the gun hang over it by the strap. She quickly reached down to her boot and pulled out her knife. With the flick of her wrist and arm, the four inch blade whipped out and sliced through one zombies frohead, killing it for good. She turned and did the same to two more walkers and threw her knife at the one closest to her after that. (About two feet away.) Sarisha pulled out her pistol and dired two shots at the remaining zombies, emptying her magazine. She walked over to the security room door, stoping only to yank her knife out of the dead zombie's head. Sarisha looked through the door and did not see her friend, but a man in attire that she recognized. He was a soldier, she had seen others on the news.

"Need a lift?" She spoke clearly in english, then repeated in french. Moncton is a bilingual town. 'Please don't be a psychopath.' She thought.

The soldier gingerly changed the hatchet over to his left hand, wrapping the strap around his wrist. In his right hand, he held the Beretta he had used to dispatch the zombies that were upon Vexx's corpse. A light trail of wispy, white-gray smoke drifted from the end of the gun's barrel, dissipating in to the air. The soldier's eyes turned from amicable to quite hardened, and his lips curled in to a frown as he stared at the 17 year old teenager's corpse. He reached up and rubbed sweat away from his forehead with one gloved wrist, then squatted down, seeming to pay no mind to Sarisha.

After a good five seconds of staring, his eyes flickered up to the girl. They were now rather close, with only a pile of corpses between them. She could see him in detail now - all of his clothing, from armor to boots, was a mixture of black and digital patterns, obviously in an effort of urban camouflage. Indeed, the only skin showing on the man's body was that on his fingers and on his head. The top of an array of tattoos could be seen at the base of his neck, and his sleeve had a single silver-colored bar woven in to the fabric, indicating his rank. Black elbow and knee pads were strapped tightly against his battle dress uniform, and various straps and pouches were looped over his thighs and torso, carrying ammunition and equipment, amongst other things.

On his back, however, was perhaps the main "show piece" - it looked like an incredibly sleek, highly modified sniper variant of an M16, outfitted with a bipod and a scope with a flash suppressor twisted on to the end of the barrel. All of this contributed to giving him a rather intimidating and professional quality.

He rose up from his crouch, standing at his full height of six feet, three inches, staring down at Sarisha from a distance. The soldier's eyes remained locked on her, flickering down to Vexx's corpse for only a moment before rising back up to her. After two more seconds of silence, he sighed, almost sounding disappointed.

"Did you know him?" He asked solemnly, not answering her question. He motioned at Vexx with the hatchet, sort of flicking it towards the pile of zombies between them, all of which had fallen on top of the unfortunate lad.

Edited by Arctic

"Not before today." She replied to the man's question. He had previously ignored her, so she decided to speed up the intro.

"My name is Sarisha." There was a roll on the 'r' when she pronounced it. "There are people waiing for me to drive them to safty. If you don't mind, I would like to help as many people as possible. Are you coming or not." As she spoke, Sarisha gripped her knife very tightly. A zombie under the pile of corpses moved and she quickly stabbed it in the head.

"You're a little young to be driving," the soldier replied softly. He took a step forward and stepped around the pile of corpses (nudging each one first), out in to the hallway. He gently clicked the safety on his Beretta and holstered it, passing the hatchet back to his right hand.

"My name is Winston." Winston walked past her, down the hallway. "I don't feel comfortable with someone of your age behind the wheel, I'm afraid." He peered behind her, then passed her and continued on towards the stairwell. "I have experience, and I'd like to help, but unless you let me behind the wheel then something is going to go wrong. I can guarantee you now that no matter who's driving, we're going to get stuck eventually. All major roads are deadlocked with abandoned cars."

Edited by Arctic

Sarisha steped out of the way as he passed. She walked down the hallway and down the stairs.

"I realize that. You can drive, but I'm watching you." She stated. "Come on." She ran outside and jumped into the cab of the truck. Sarisha slid into the middle seat and buckled herself in.

"Say hello to Winston." She called, waiting for him to ge in.

Winston was less eager to leave the store than Sarisha seemed to be. He descended the stairs with caution, one hand gripping his hatchet tightly. He arrived behind what was presumably the counter, then slid over it, seeing the devastation and few lingering zombies within. He broke in to a jog to the entrance of the store, turning only for a moment to forcibly drag the doors closed. Once in the parking lot, he jogged to the truck.

As the soldier jogged, each step causing a small 'thud' to ring out from the pavement below, his eyes seemed to scan over each of the individuals in the truck. They stopped momentarily on the eldest of them, a man in his twenties wearing camouflage clothing with a variety of medals pinned to his shirt. He said nothing, arriving at the car door and pulling it open as the undead in the parking lot got ever closer, inch by inch. He swung his rifle around and set it on the dashboard, slamming the door shut.

Without a word, he turned the keys in the ignition and the engine roared to life. With his right hand, he switched the gear in to reverse and turned his body around, peering over his shoulder through the back window. When everyone had gotten in to the truck (assuming anyone was out at the time of his arrival), he quickly backed the car up out of the Superstore parking lot, then stopped in the middle of Coverdale and put the car in to drive, looking back forward and taking a right (a left out of the parking lot if the car were facing forwards), careful to handle the truck smoothly so no one fell out. He wound around a couple of abandoned cars, each with their doors open, then accelerated to about thirty miles an hour, carefully winding through the abandoned traffic and sometimes going off of the road to pass by. The truck was now traveling eastbound alongside the river.

As they passed by the Dollarama, Winston let out a somewhat defeated (or perhaps relieved) sigh. Prior to this, he had been entirely quiet. He looked in the rear view mirror and adjusted it. "Everyone alright?"

(( Going to wait for people to post now. ))

Edited by Arctic

(Has no one ever been in a Superstore? It is a truck. Just as I have told everyone else, I would like for everyone to look up Moncton and Riverview(Where we are now.)on Google Earth or Google Maps.

"Fine." Sarisha mumbled in responce to Winston's question.

(Who's the third person in the cab and who's in the bed?)