Personal Lineage Project

The Personal Lineage Project Home

*Scroll link/forum name: https://dragcave.net/user/Jack_Indivisible

*Lineage name: Inbreeding? What Inbreeding? An Experiment with Second Cousins

*Breeds of dragons involved: Ember, Monarch, Khusa, Dark Lumina, Lacula, Falconiform Wyvern, Spotted Greenwing, and Tri-horn Wyverns

*Type of lineage project: Even Gen Inbreeding

*What are your goals for this project?: I want to explore new project space, in a way that I haven't heard talked about. If you've seen somebody exploring inbreeding between second cousins, please tell me!

How can others help? This lineage has space for a lot of complexity. There are 8 dragons each generation, and how they are paired up and mixed will have a large influence on what the final lineage looks like. Furthermore, small differences could magnify into larger ones due to inbreeding.

Are you willing to help others with their projects and how? Probably.

Notes about your projects:

Now, the breeders of dragon cave almost always pay attention to one feature of a lineage: inbreeding. Maybe they covet it, maybe they abhor it, but almost everyone has some kind of opinion about it. This stems from the real life consequences of inbreeding, which leads to genetic consequences, as well as the scarcity mechanics within dragon cave, where people feel cheated if one of the dragons is actually all of the dragons that give the lineage it's value. Of course, on the other hand, we have the proponents of inbreeding, who breed sister and brother together for generations. To say this is more or less difficult is hard to say. On the one hand, you have fewer dragons to manage and raise, but by the same token, when you're stuck, you're stuck. There's nothing else you can do except coerce the dragons you have to get on with it.

To make peace between both the two factions, their styles of play, and the positives and negatives of their playstyle, I propose a compromise: the interbreeding of second cousins.

Now, the first question I'm absolutely sure all of you are wondering is "wait, what are second cousins again?" Hopefully, this graphic will help:

Image result for second cousins

Still confused? To find how you are related to *whoever,* you need to follow the line between you and them. For second cousin, that's great grandparents. In a more dragon cave related format:

2ndCuzinsExplained.png.e90d6cd6a05869b8d51f64bd201db641.png

The boxes with the duotone border represent the great-grandparents of both 4G blue and 4G orange. When Blue and Orange are bred together, the grandparents of blue and orange will become the great-grandparents for the next iteration of the lineage. This means that at every generation, each pair has to have two kids, one for both cousins.  With 7 active pairs of dragons for each new generation and 8 dragons total in each individual generation, it is significantly larger than the more normal brother/sister inbreeding pattern, with 1 pair of dragons and 2 dragons per generation. Furthermore, this opens the door to more interesting variation in breeding patterns, dragon selection, and almost every other axis of interest to the breeders of dragon cave.

The breeding plan is:

ab cd ef gh 
ca bd eg hf 
af hc be gd 
ea fb cg dh 
ah de gb fc 
ga hb ce df 
ad fg bc eh

Where the breeds are:

a: Ember

b: Monarch

c :Khusa

d: Dark Lumina

e: Lacula

f:  Falconiform Wyvern

g: Spotted Greenwing

h: Tri-horn Wyvern

If anybody could give some input, that would be greatly appreciated.

Lineage name: Winter Storm

Breeds of dragons involved: Ice x Storm x Lightning x Deep Sea

Type of lineage project: Matrilineal

What are your goals for this project?: Reach 4G and beyond!

How can others help?: I don't think I need any assistance right now, but I'll update this if the situation changes.

Notes and Progress: Currently I have everything I need for 3G and 1/4-1/2 of what I need for 4G (the rares, of course) I also have almost all of the dragons bred for the 3G dragon.

Lineage name: Thuilineal

Breeds of dragons involved: Ember x Dark Lumina

How can others help?: Donate or offer trades for CB dark lumina and ember hatchlings

Notes and Progress: Currently have the pair for a 4G dragon!

Lineage name: Moony

Breeds of dragons involved: Sunstone x Moonstone

Type of lineage project: Inbred Matrilineal

How can others help?: I don't think I need any assistance right now, but I'll update this if the situation changes.

Notes and Progress: This is meant to go faster than the 2nd cuzin breeding, since it's less dragons and simpler patterns.

4G! https://dragcave.net/lineage/FcK78

Lineage name: Metalineald

Breeds of dragons involved: Gold x Silver

How can others help?: Donations and trade offers of matrilineal silverxgold dragons

Notes and Progress: this is my conspicuous consumption project.

Lineage name: Dorkwed rehabilitation

Breeds of dragons involved: stripes mostly

Type of lineage project: Messy

What are your goals for this project?: Breed a dragon to mirror a messy lineaged dorkwed

How can others help?: A  white3G white/gold checker, traded or donated!

Notes and Progress: 

Edited by Jack_Indivisible

My Projects

8/20/18: Updated my Seasonal project as 3rd gen Summers are complete! Woot!

8/31/18: Updated Seasonals project. 😃

9/8/18: Updated Seasonals Project, Summer 4th gen is done!

11/8/18: Updated Seasonls Project with Autumns. Now that Halloween is over, can concentrate on projects more until Christmas. 😊

1/14/19: Updated Seasonals Project, backtracking to Autumns as finished Autumns but forgot to post.

2/6/19: Updated Seasonals Project, Winter generation 4 is done. Now to wait until the Valentines madness is through.

2/26/19: Updated Seasonals Project, Winter gen 5 is done! Woot!

7/13/19: Updated Seasonals Project. Spring is finished, and on to Summer!

Edited by Alayajoy
Update

Scroll link/forum name: LightningBug. Scroll is here.

Lineage name: Back to Basics

Breeds of dragons involved: Bleeding Moon, Hellfire Wyvern

Type of lineage project: Double checkered stairstep - Need confirmation that this is the correct terminology. I have a screenshot of the predicted lineage if anyone's curious.

What are your goals for this project?: Just to create a nice lineage that I like, for myself. I chose to call it "Back to Basics" as it is a lineage based on the first two dragon's I ever acquired. My first was a female Bleeding Moon, the second a Male Hellfire Wyvern, found over 3 years ago. Surprisingly, they bred well immediately, and as they are both CB I had the idea to start a lineage with them. I feel it fitting that my first lineage is a tribute to my first two dragons.

How can others help? I will need some CB Hellfire Wyvern and Bleeding Moon eggs. I also may need more Pinks, as I need to influence eggs a lot. I may not have much to trade for these though and I seem to be doing pretty well on my own so far!

Are you willing to help others with their projects and how? If I happen to see something someone needs in the biomes or have something come into my possession, I would definitely be willing to trade or even gift it to other's for their projects! 

Notes about your projects: All CB parents acquired, gen 2's beginning to be bred.

Edited by LightningBug

I don't really use this post anymore. Please feel free to delete it.

Edited by Nagapie

My Projects 

Scroll link/forum name:

relaks

Completed projects:

xx

xx

Active projects:

Moon of Flames (Falconiform Wyverns & Moonstone Dragons)

Queen of Light (Lumina Dragons & Kingcrowne Dragons)

The AU (Black Dragons / Alt Blacks & Dark Green Dragons / Alt Dark Green)

Lineage name: Moon of Flames (yeah, cheesy, I know)

Breeds of dragons involved: Falconiform Wyverns & Moonstone Dragons

Type of lineage project: Even gen checker

Preview:

2144099623_Capturadepantalla2018-09-19alas11_06_17.png.8fe8a9ca29c304273fac54bb0ab1fe05.png

What are your goals for this project?: Breed two of my favourite breeds into a beautiful 6G baby (go big or go home for my first personal project hehe).  The preview is only 3g to keep it small. 

Progress:

To hit my 6G goal, I'll need (if I'm not mistaken):

• 16 CB male falconiforms --> I have 6. 10 CB NEEDED.
  • 16 CB female moonstones --> I have 7.  9 CB NEEDED.

2g I've bred:

2g male falconiform: one - two

2g female moonstone: one - two - 

3g I've bred:

3g male falconiform: one

3g female moonstone: 

4g I've bred:

xx xx xx

How can others help? As they are pretty common breeds, I think I will manage on my own! It will be time consuming, but I'm not in a hurry.

Lineage name: Queen of Light (yeah, ALSO cheesy)

Breeds of dragons involved: Lumina Dragons & Kingcrowne Dragons

Preview: 

529398793_Capturadepantalla2018-09-19alas11_31_55.thumb.png.7cded818e7ff039ea5af2559d951cff5.png

What are your goals for this project?: I llllove the colors of theses 2 breeds together so I gave it a try. Right now I'm aiming for 4G, but if I have time in the future, I'll try for more.

Progress:

To hit my 4G goal, I'll need:

• 4 CB male Lumina --> I have 3. 1 CB NEEDED.
  • 4 CB female Kingcrowne --> I have 5. CB NO LONGER REQUIRED.

2g I've bred:

2g Kingcrowne  & 2g Lumina

How can others help? Those breeds are not rare per se but I have a hard time finding them on the cave, so if anyone's willing to help with a 2g (male lumina * female kingcrowne), I'll be grateful. 

Lineage name: The AU 

Breeds of dragons involved: Black Dragons / Alt Blacks and Dark Green Dragons / Alt Dark Green

Preview: 

2144802828_Capturadepantalla2018-09-19alas13_52_07.png.7fb80d6a92683033413270df6958db04.png

What are your goals for this project?: I had the very, very good luck of being able to trade for an black alt HN kin that resulted in an alt dark green (lineage here) and I think it would be cool to have a short lineage with as many alts as possible! It's kind of a side project, as it could be rather time consuming if I don't manage to hatch alt babies :P I thought about doing a staircase instead but I'm a sucker for symmetry *shrugs

I'm not aiming for a long lineage, a 3g would be enough. :) 

How can others help? I have everything needed, I'm just waiting for my Black * Dark Green CB couple to give me a Black Alt. 

Are you willing to help others with their projects and how?

Of course! When I have time I'll check other people's projects and offer my help if it's welcomed. Otherwise, feel free to PM me :) 

• Previews made with heart of blue 
  • When finished with a project, I'll probably be gifting the results to anyone who is interested :)
Edited by relaks

Dragonfly's Projects 

Scroll link/forum name: Dragonfly330/DarkDragonfly330           

Latest Update: 12/27/2018 - Been on break for the DC Holiday season, but projects should start up again soon!

The Truffle Garden

Breeds of dragons involved: Black Truffles

Type of lineage project: 5G PB Even-gen

What are your goals for this project?: To show my love of Black Truffles and flowers.

PROGRESS: Complete! Heliotrope Bloom

9/27/18 - "You attempt to breed the two dragons, but no egg is produced." *facepalm* At least it wasn't a refusal.

10/4/18 - No interest.This project went so smoothly up until now.

10/12/18 - Success!

How can others help? N/A

- Naming scheme: "flower" Bloom

- Considering making a second garden with a spiral lineage and a "flower" Floret naming scheme

Prized Trident

Breeds of dragons involved: Prize Dragons (all types and colors), Thalassa, Skywing, Nocturne, Celestial, Purple Nebula, Aeon*

*subject to change in the event of refusal

Type of lineage project: six combined 4G/5G Prize stairsteps to form the top of a trident

What are your goals for this project?: To continue Iodan Thala-Sky's lineage into something really cool. (Got him from BlueLatios; thank you very much for him!)

PROGRESS:

Completed Points

Iodan Thala-Sky

Completed Stairsteps

Gold - Thalassa's Coin x GilgaSky (neither owned by me)

Silver - TBA x Silver Goomy the 4th

Bronze - g2C6l x Empyrial Bronzestar

Stairsteps In Progress

Silver - Kaos Dreamer x Evening Starfall (produced a green nebula)

Bronze - Rusty Change x Quorrin Coinsnatcher (prize offspring obtained, will gender correctly)

How can others help? I have all the eggs I need atm, so fingers crossed for correct gendering, no refusals, and successful breeding! If I do get refusals, I will be looking for more 4/5G Prizes. Mates don't matter as long as each line is different.

- The rest of the lineage will mimic Iodan's, but with Bronze Prizes above and Silver Prizes below.

- Lineage Preview

- Due to the nature of breeding different-colored prizes, the end result could be any color. I'm fine with whichever one I get.

- This is a rough lineage design. If you have ideas to improve it, feel free to pm me.

- I may gift additional eggs after the project is complete.

Galactic Defenders

Breeds of dragons involved: Zyumorphs (all colors) and Sinomorphs

Type of lineage project: 7G Spiral

What are your goals for this project?: To get a 7G of one of each Zyu from a powerful-looking lineage.

PROGRESS:

Collecting Sinomorphs - 1/3 Male, 3/3 Female

How can others help? I need to collect a lot of Zyus for this one, so Zyus of any kind are welcome. I haven't finished going through my scroll to see what kinds of pairs I can make, but if you see a couple that you want an egg from, I can probably breed them for you. No IOU's, please.

- Lineage Preview

- Naming Scheme:

Sinos: Galactic Defender "color"

Zyus: Undecided

- Project is low priority atm

Upcoming Projects:

The Tree of Life - Vines and Life-aligned dragons - Spiral Lineage

The Ash Storm - Ash and Storm - Checkerboard Lineage

A Seafarer's Tale - Tsunami and Green Nebula - Poem/Lyric Lineage (Stairstep)

Ruina Mons Ignes - Magma, Fell, and Ash - Even Gen Lineage

Lineage previews made with Heart of Blue

Edited by DarkDragonfly330

Main post here.

Just realised I haven't added my Neverending Zyu project to my personal lineages post so...

Lineage name: Neverending Zyu project

Breeds of dragons involved:  CB male Sinomorphs x CB female Celestial  to produce Zyumorphs.

Type of lineage project: Even gen

What are your goals for this project?:  Neverending!

Notes:

Scroll Group

Highest generation so far

How can others help?

2nd Gen Zyus from M Sino x F Celestial always welcome. I use all colours of Zyus though right now I don't need any more pinks.

Edited by Wiz

Scroll link/forum name: Aquasun

Fell Script:

Breeds of dragons involved:Female Fell and Male Scripts

Type of lineage project: Even Gen or Checkerboard

What are your goals for this project?: Keep going until it's finished!

How can others help? Female Fell dragons are always welcome - I don't find as much of them as I do scripts

Fell names all mean strong and the Script names mean poet or are named after poets lineage group link

Edited by aquasun1
code not appearing properly

*Scroll link/forum name: Salorus

*Lineage name: Never Ending Pygmy Plan

*Breeds of dragons involved: Pygmies (all types0

*Type of lineage project: Rainboe EG

*What are your goals for this project?: To build a rainboe EG using all the pygmy breeds. See link

How can others help? I am up to Kyanite pygmy. Trying to add them in order. Where the project stands. https://dragcave.net/lineage/aPCEY  ^th gem Kyanite I need to take to 8th gen https://dragcave.net/lineage/GjBCZ

My main post is here.

So i am a bit late with updates but the counter in my main post is up to date now.

Most embarrassing thing is i did not pay attention and forgot to check and influence so now i have two females and have to wait again for May. Two female Octoberborn. :(

Edited by Tigerkralle

*Scroll link/forum name: Scroll / BloodyNeptune

*Lineage name: Rainbow Pants

*Breeds of dragons involved: Royal Crimson, Leodon, Melismor, Lacula, Razorcrest, Glacewing, Horse, Vampire

*Type of lineage project: Double Stairstep

*What are your goals for this project?:

I've never done a lineage project (Im not even sure if thats a 'double stairstep') so my goal is to just do it right, and if it works out to start doing others

How can others help?

If anyone has any suggestions or thoughts, Id love to hear it!

Once I have what I need to start, ya'll can see what egg I need from each pairing, if anyone happens to need the opposite egg from that pairing, feel free to message me, if its not the one I need maybe its what someone else does. Or if anyone needs something bred (half of them aren't CB, but theres a group on my scroll that explains how you can tell which is and isnt!)

The names of each the are going to be along the lines of
Rogers - Royal

Oliver - Leodon

Yondu - Melismor

Gary - Lacula

Bruce - Razorcrest

Issac - Glace

Victor - Horse

The Vampire's suppose to look like a belt buckle

tumblr_pljz0mvK2z1xenxsto1_r2_540.png

Posted (edited)

chandelotic's Lineage Projects

* Scroll link/forum name: https://dragcave.net/user/chandelotic

* Last update: 06/06/2019

Bleart

* Breeds of dragons involved: Aether Wyvern, Aqualis, Fire Gem (Blue)

* Type of lineage project: Heart

* What are your goals for this project?: To complete my first lineage project with some of my favorite dragon breeds!

How can others help?
Any feedback is appreciated!

I'm more than happy to breed any dragons I have, as well as hunt in the caves ^^

Lineage preview:

image.thumb.png.5c3752280dad3656a06fff8d318fa1ad.png

Edited by chandelotic

Posted (edited)

LINEAGE PROJECT FORM
All fields marked * are required.

*Scroll link/forum name:https://dragcave.net/user/SuncatcherSeven
*Lineage name:The Greyscale Lineage
*Breeds of dragons involved:(Two of each)Whites, Frostbites, Blacktips, Boreals, 
Khusas, Storms, Stones, Ashes, Fels, Dark Luminas,Scimitar-wing Wyverns, Falconiform Wyverns, Terpentines, Black Truffles, Dorsals, Embers and Blacks
*Type of lineage project:Starstep, 16 generations
*What are your goals for this project?:To create a lineage which starts with a female White dragon, and ends in a female Black dragon, with the generations between going from light to dark shades of grey.

How can others help?I would like to complete this project unaided

Are you willing to help others with their projects and how?I can find and give eggs from the caves

Notes about your projects:This is my first ever project! I joined the site very recently, and I thought I would start off my 
time here with a simple colour-based lineage.

Progress so far: Searching the caves for a White dragon egg and a Frostbite dragon egg.

Edited by SuncatcherSeven

Posted (edited)

LINEAGE PROJECT FORM

Scroll link/forum name: masterkat6
Lineage name: PAH Awareness (or the Periwinkle Zebra lineage, PZL for short)
Breeds of dragons involved: Two-finned Bluna and Vampires (with Skywing/Deep Sea progenitors)
Type of lineage project: Even Generation, hopefully to become an interesting family lineage project with others (eventually - that’s part of where the vamps come in)
What are your goals for this project?: To get a 21st even generation bluna without inbreeding (I know I won’t get to it, but the number has great significance to me). But for now, I will set a modest goal of a 10th generation one ^^’

How can others help? Possibly breed second-gen Blunas from deep seas and skywings (or further generations, if you can match them with what I have planned) for me to trade with :3 Also, if you find a vampire egg in the AP bitten by a PAH [name], I will gladly trade another vamp egg for it (to expedite the progression of this lineage)

Are you willing to help others with their projects and how? Of course! Just message me if you want my help :3

Family project for awareness of disease itself (periwinkle ribbon) will involve second-gens in a stairstep fashion all stemming from my PAH progenitors (may just be the pair with PAH Awareness Deep Sea).

Vampire project for awareness of mortality rate will involve the even-generation blunas being bit by their corresponding vampires.

2nd gens will have the same gender as their DEEP SEA parent. (Img attached)

Need (rough estimate if others help) - generation - Have

1 - 10th - 0

2 - 9th - 0

4 - 8th - 0

8 - 7th - 0

16 - 6th - 0

32 - 5th - 0

64 - 4th - 0

128 - 3rd - 0

256 - 2nd - 6

512 - (256 Deep sea, 256 Skywing - I don’t need to own them all) - unknown

8A4841C4-50C7-4AB1-89DA-75648638487C.jpeg

Edited by masterkat6

It's the height of summer, DC style. How goes the projects? Anyone have any new and exciting ideas? Frustrations with stubborn couples? Glaring at the one egg that refuses to be the right color? Or rejoicing in getting to that next goal? Don't forget to update your projects! And also post on project progression (or lack of)!

Posted (edited)

JAXALOPE'S PROJECTS
Scroll Link/Forum Name: jaxalope
I am always willing to help if I can, just take a look at my scroll and tell me what you need!

NOTE: I keep my projects off-site as well, if you'd rather view them there.

Ziegler Family Tree

zieglerbanner.png.555b7f564ce708a9672d5a422e931e15.png
Lihnseyre x Lihnseyre
{ Purebred 4G }

Goal: Based on characters, both original and pre-existing, that are played in roleplaying groups. Starts with names relevant to the character: important people, places, themes, etc. - ends with a dragon to represent the player and character. These are short, cute projects for friends.
How can others help: Mostly, I need CBs of the relevant dragons. For each family tree, I need 8 CBs, 4 males and 4 females. Since these are small projects for friends, you'll have to wait until they've been given their dragon first, but you will have earned a free dragon from the final pair to do with as you please if you donate even one CB egg to the cause.

Notes:
>> Start Date: July 16th, 2019
>> Success! Welcome to the world "Angelic Descent G2x"
>> Searching for CB Male and Female Lihnseyre

Imelda's Family Tree

imelda.png.bb48229bd91963bf4cc2f0ca281bec90.png
Purple Ridgewing x Spirit Ward
{ Checker 4G }

Goal: Based on characters, both original and pre-existing, that are played in roleplaying groups. Starts with names relevant to the character: important people, places, themes, etc. - ends with a dragon to represent the player and character. These are short, cute projects for friends.
How can others help: Mostly, I need CBs of the relevant dragons. For each family tree, I need 8 CBs, 4 males and 4 females. Since these are small projects for friends, you'll have to wait until they've been given their dragon first, but you will have earned a free dragon from the final pair to do with as you please if you donate even one CB egg to the cause.

Notes:
>> UPDATE: Have the correct, grown up Ridgie, influenced the Spirit Ward egg and just waiting for her to grow.

Hieke's Family Tree

hieke.png.cb88fe9ea2dd56644e9792e5c1d46115.png
Hellfire x Hellfire
{ Purebred 4G }

Notes:
>> UPDATE: Asmodeus and Esi bred an egg!

>> Now searching for CB male and female pair (Hellfire Wyverns)

Edited by jaxalope

Posted (edited)

FetRen's Lineage Projects[/color]

Scroll link: FetRen

Lineage name: StormyNight

Breeds of dragons involved: Bolt dragons and Lunar Heralds

Type of lineage project: Spiral with alternating breeds along with gender

What are your goals for this project?: To complete my first lineage project and get to at least gen 12 with these rad dragons!

How can others help? I do need more CB bolts and lunars

Are you willing to help others with their projects and how? I'm super willing to help! I'm willing to hunt eggs and breed, msg me if you need anything uwu

Notes about your projects: This is my first project I planned out a while ago, but never got started on. It wasn't very planned out so I've spent a while specifying the details! Starting out I'm going to be using my Holoshine, breeding her into the spiral, and then I want to do the same with Craventrous.

I also have a Dragon Tree for the lineages here uwu

Edited by RennieRoo