Personal Lineage Project

The Personal Lineage Project Home

*Scroll link/forum name: https://dragcave.net/user/Jack_Indivisible

*Lineage name: Inbreeding? What Inbreeding? An Experiment with Second Cousins

*Breeds of dragons involved: Ember, Monarch, Khusa, Dark Lumina, Lacula, Falconiform Wyvern, Spotted Greenwing, and Tri-horn Wyverns

*Type of lineage project: Even Gen Inbreeding

*What are your goals for this project?: I want to explore new project space, in a way that I haven't heard talked about. If you've seen somebody exploring inbreeding between second cousins, please tell me!

How can others help? This lineage has space for a lot of complexity. There are 8 dragons each generation, and how they are paired up and mixed will have a large influence on what the final lineage looks like. Furthermore, small differences could magnify into larger ones due to inbreeding.

Are you willing to help others with their projects and how? Probably.

Notes about your projects:

Now, the breeders of dragon cave almost always pay attention to one feature of a lineage: inbreeding. Maybe they covet it, maybe they abhor it, but almost everyone has some kind of opinion about it. This stems from the real life consequences of inbreeding, which leads to genetic consequences, as well as the scarcity mechanics within dragon cave, where people feel cheated if one of the dragons is actually all of the dragons that give the lineage it's value. Of course, on the other hand, we have the proponents of inbreeding, who breed sister and brother together for generations. To say this is more or less difficult is hard to say. On the one hand, you have fewer dragons to manage and raise, but by the same token, when you're stuck, you're stuck. There's nothing else you can do except coerce the dragons you have to get on with it.

To make peace between both the two factions, their styles of play, and the positives and negatives of their playstyle, I propose a compromise: the interbreeding of second cousins.

Now, the first question I'm absolutely sure all of you are wondering is "wait, what are second cousins again?" Hopefully, this graphic will help:

Image result for second cousins

Still confused? To find how you are related to *whoever,* you need to follow the line between you and them. For second cousin, that's great grandparents. In a more dragon cave related format:

2ndCuzinsExplained.png.e90d6cd6a05869b8d51f64bd201db641.png

The boxes with the duotone border represent the great-grandparents of both 4G blue and 4G orange. When Blue and Orange are bred together, the grandparents of blue and orange will become the great-grandparents for the next iteration of the lineage. This means that at every generation, each pair has to have two kids, one for both cousins.  With 7 active pairs of dragons for each new generation and 8 dragons total in each individual generation, it is significantly larger than the more normal brother/sister inbreeding pattern, with 1 pair of dragons and 2 dragons per generation. Furthermore, this opens the door to more interesting variation in breeding patterns, dragon selection, and almost every other axis of interest to the breeders of dragon cave.

The breeding plan is:

ab cd ef gh 
ca bd eg hf 
af hc be gd 
ea fb cg dh 
ah de gb fc 
ga hb ce df 
ad fg bc eh

Where the breeds are:

a: Ember

b: Monarch

c :Khusa

d: Dark Lumina

e: Lacula

f:  Falconiform Wyvern

g: Spotted Greenwing

h: Tri-horn Wyvern

If anybody could give some input, that would be greatly appreciated.

Lineage name: Winter Storm

Breeds of dragons involved: Ice x Storm x Lightning x Deep Sea

Type of lineage project: Matrilineal

What are your goals for this project?: Reach 4G and beyond!

How can others help?: I don't think I need any assistance right now, but I'll update this if the situation changes.

Notes and Progress: Currently I have everything I need for 3G and 1/4-1/2 of what I need for 4G (the rares, of course) I also have almost all of the dragons bred for the 3G dragon.

Lineage name: Thuilineal

Breeds of dragons involved: Ember x Dark Lumina

How can others help?: Donate or offer trades for CB dark lumina and ember hatchlings

Notes and Progress: Currently have the pair for a 4G dragon!

Lineage name: Moony

Breeds of dragons involved: Sunstone x Moonstone

Type of lineage project: Inbred Matrilineal

How can others help?: I don't think I need any assistance right now, but I'll update this if the situation changes.

Notes and Progress: This is meant to go faster than the 2nd cuzin breeding, since it's less dragons and simpler patterns.

4G! https://dragcave.net/lineage/FcK78

Lineage name: Metalineald

Breeds of dragons involved: Gold x Silver

How can others help?: Donations and trade offers of matrilineal silverxgold dragons

Notes and Progress: this is my conspicuous consumption project.

Lineage name: Dorkwed rehabilitation

Breeds of dragons involved: stripes mostly

Type of lineage project: Messy

What are your goals for this project?: Breed a dragon to mirror a messy lineaged dorkwed

How can others help?: A  white3G white/gold checker, traded or donated!

Notes and Progress: 

Edited by Jack_Indivisible

My Projects

8/20/18: Updated my Seasonal project as 3rd gen Summers are complete! Woot!

8/31/18: Updated Seasonals project. 😃

9/8/18: Updated Seasonals Project, Summer 4th gen is done!

11/8/18: Updated Seasonls Project with Autumns. Now that Halloween is over, can concentrate on projects more until Christmas. 😊

1/14/19: Updated Seasonals Project, backtracking to Autumns as finished Autumns but forgot to post.

Edited by Alayajoy
Update

Scroll link/forum name: LightningBug. Scroll is here.

Lineage name: Back to Basics

Breeds of dragons involved: Bleeding Moon, Hellfire Wyvern

Type of lineage project: Double checkered stairstep - Need confirmation that this is the correct terminology. I have a screenshot of the predicted lineage if anyone's curious.

What are your goals for this project?: Just to create a nice lineage that I like, for myself. I chose to call it "Back to Basics" as it is a lineage based on the first two dragon's I ever acquired. My first was a female Bleeding Moon, the second a Male Hellfire Wyvern, found over 3 years ago. Surprisingly, they bred well immediately, and as they are both CB I had the idea to start a lineage with them. I feel it fitting that my first lineage is a tribute to my first two dragons.

How can others help? I will need some CB Hellfire Wyvern and Bleeding Moon eggs. I also may need more Pinks, as I need to influence eggs a lot. I may not have much to trade for these though and I seem to be doing pretty well on my own so far!

Are you willing to help others with their projects and how? If I happen to see something someone needs in the biomes or have something come into my possession, I would definitely be willing to trade or even gift it to other's for their projects! 

Notes about your projects: All CB parents acquired, gen 2's beginning to be bred.

Edited by LightningBug

Nagapie's High Priority Projects

Updates:

- Now at 6/8 CB Terrae and 5/8 CB Spirit Wards for "Darkness of the Forest", obtained first 2G Spirit Ward

- Obtained three 2Gs for "Winter Stars" - still need one 2G Winter

- Obtained another CB Red Fire Gem for "Firestorm of Time"

Scroll link/forum name: Nagapie

Current focus: Hoarding CB Terrae and CB Spirit Wards for "Darkness of the Forest", breeding the last 2G Winter for "Winter Stars"

Fn9F97H.png

Lineage name: Darkness of the Forest

Breeds of dragons involved: Terrae x Spirit Ward

Type of lineage project: Checker

Goals/other details?: Reach 5G and convert into a lyrical lineage upon completion.

How can others help?:

I don't think I need any assistance.

dPop1bw.png

Lineage name: Cosmic Light

Breeds of dragons involved: Purple Nebula x Sunsong Amphiptere

Goals/other details?: Reach 5G and convert into a lyrical lineage upon completion.

How can others help?:

p9ERCuK.png

Lineage name: Firestorm of Time

Breeds of dragons involved: Chrono x Fire Gem (red)

Goals/other details?: Reach 4G.

How can others help?:

Donations/trade offers containing CB Chronos and/or red Fire Gems are more than welcome.

XRlP7w7.png

Lineage name: Evil Eye

Breeds of dragons involved: Honey Drake x Howler Drake

Goals/other details?: Reach 4G and convert into a lyrical lineage upon completion.

How can others help?:

SBhL8mX.png

Lineage name: Winter Stars

Breeds of dragons involved: Winter x Celestial

Goals/other details?: Reach 4G. A 3G of this project might eventually be used in a bigger seasonal lineage.

How can others help?:

Are you willing to help others with their projects and how?

I'm willing to breed pretty much anything that I have for free and perhaps even keep an eye out for certain rares/uncommons in the cave, the latter especially in exchange for things I myself might need.

Finished checkers:

- Lineage previews created with the Heart of Blue site.

- Dragons marked with an x on the lineage previews have already been obtained.

Edited by Nagapie

My Projects 

Scroll link/forum name:

relaks

Completed projects:

xx

xx

Active projects:

Moon of Flames (Falconiform Wyverns & Moonstone Dragons)

Queen of Light (Lumina Dragons & Kingcrowne Dragons)

The AU (Black Dragons / Alt Blacks & Dark Green Dragons / Alt Dark Green)

Lineage name: Moon of Flames (yeah, cheesy, I know)

Breeds of dragons involved: Falconiform Wyverns & Moonstone Dragons

Type of lineage project: Even gen checker

Preview:

2144099623_Capturadepantalla2018-09-19alas11_06_17.png.8fe8a9ca29c304273fac54bb0ab1fe05.png

What are your goals for this project?: Breed two of my favourite breeds into a beautiful 6G baby (go big or go home for my first personal project hehe).  The preview is only 3g to keep it small. 

Progress:

To hit my 6G goal, I'll need (if I'm not mistaken):

• 16 CB male falconiforms --> I have 6. 10 CB NEEDED.
  • 16 CB female moonstones --> I have 7.  9 CB NEEDED.

2g I've bred:

2g male falconiform: one - two

2g female moonstone: one - two - 

3g I've bred:

3g male falconiform: one

3g female moonstone: 

4g I've bred:

xx xx xx

How can others help? As they are pretty common breeds, I think I will manage on my own! It will be time consuming, but I'm not in a hurry.

Lineage name: Queen of Light (yeah, ALSO cheesy)

Breeds of dragons involved: Lumina Dragons & Kingcrowne Dragons

Preview: 

529398793_Capturadepantalla2018-09-19alas11_31_55.thumb.png.7cded818e7ff039ea5af2559d951cff5.png

What are your goals for this project?: I llllove the colors of theses 2 breeds together so I gave it a try. Right now I'm aiming for 4G, but if I have time in the future, I'll try for more.

Progress:

To hit my 4G goal, I'll need:

• 4 CB male Lumina --> I have 3. 1 CB NEEDED.
  • 4 CB female Kingcrowne --> I have 5. CB NO LONGER REQUIRED.

2g I've bred:

2g Kingcrowne  & 2g Lumina

How can others help? Those breeds are not rare per se but I have a hard time finding them on the cave, so if anyone's willing to help with a 2g (male lumina * female kingcrowne), I'll be grateful. 

Lineage name: The AU 

Breeds of dragons involved: Black Dragons / Alt Blacks and Dark Green Dragons / Alt Dark Green

Preview: 

2144802828_Capturadepantalla2018-09-19alas13_52_07.png.7fb80d6a92683033413270df6958db04.png

What are your goals for this project?: I had the very, very good luck of being able to trade for an black alt HN kin that resulted in an alt dark green (lineage here) and I think it would be cool to have a short lineage with as many alts as possible! It's kind of a side project, as it could be rather time consuming if I don't manage to hatch alt babies :P I thought about doing a staircase instead but I'm a sucker for symmetry *shrugs

I'm not aiming for a long lineage, a 3g would be enough. :) 

How can others help? I have everything needed, I'm just waiting for my Black * Dark Green CB couple to give me a Black Alt. 

Are you willing to help others with their projects and how?

Of course! When I have time I'll check other people's projects and offer my help if it's welcomed. Otherwise, feel free to PM me :) 

• Previews made with heart of blue 
  • When finished with a project, I'll probably be gifting the results to anyone who is interested :)
Edited by relaks

Dragonfly's Projects 

Scroll link/forum name: Dragonfly330/DarkDragonfly330           

Latest Update: 12/27/2018 - Been on break for the DC Holiday season, but projects should start up again soon!

The Truffle Garden

Breeds of dragons involved: Black Truffles

Type of lineage project: 5G PB Even-gen

What are your goals for this project?: To show my love of Black Truffles and flowers.

PROGRESS: Complete! Heliotrope Bloom

9/27/18 - "You attempt to breed the two dragons, but no egg is produced." *facepalm* At least it wasn't a refusal.

10/4/18 - No interest.This project went so smoothly up until now.

10/12/18 - Success!

How can others help? N/A

- Naming scheme: "flower" Bloom

- Considering making a second garden with a spiral lineage and a "flower" Floret naming scheme

Prized Trident

Breeds of dragons involved: Prize Dragons (all types and colors), Thalassa, Skywing, Nocturne, Celestial, Purple Nebula, Aeon*

*subject to change in the event of refusal

Type of lineage project: six combined 4G/5G Prize stairsteps to form the top of a trident

What are your goals for this project?: To continue Iodan Thala-Sky's lineage into something really cool. (Got him from BlueLatios; thank you very much for him!)

PROGRESS:

Completed Points

Iodan Thala-Sky

Completed Stairsteps

Gold - Thalassa's Coin x GilgaSky (neither owned by me)

Silver - TBA x Silver Goomy the 4th

Bronze - g2C6l x Empyrial Bronzestar

Stairsteps In Progress

Silver - Kaos Dreamer x Evening Starfall (produced a green nebula)

Bronze - Rusty Change x Quorrin Coinsnatcher (prize offspring obtained, will gender correctly)

How can others help? I have all the eggs I need atm, so fingers crossed for correct gendering, no refusals, and successful breeding! If I do get refusals, I will be looking for more 4/5G Prizes. Mates don't matter as long as each line is different.

- The rest of the lineage will mimic Iodan's, but with Bronze Prizes above and Silver Prizes below.

- Lineage Preview

- Due to the nature of breeding different-colored prizes, the end result could be any color. I'm fine with whichever one I get.

- This is a rough lineage design. If you have ideas to improve it, feel free to pm me.

- I may gift additional eggs after the project is complete.

Galactic Defenders

Breeds of dragons involved: Zyumorphs (all colors) and Sinomorphs

Type of lineage project: 7G Spiral

What are your goals for this project?: To get a 7G of one of each Zyu from a powerful-looking lineage.

PROGRESS:

Collecting Sinomorphs - 1/3 Male, 3/3 Female

How can others help? I need to collect a lot of Zyus for this one, so Zyus of any kind are welcome. I haven't finished going through my scroll to see what kinds of pairs I can make, but if you see a couple that you want an egg from, I can probably breed them for you. No IOU's, please.

- Lineage Preview

- Naming Scheme:

Sinos: Galactic Defender "color"

Zyus: Undecided

- Project is low priority atm

Upcoming Projects:

The Tree of Life - Vines and Life-aligned dragons - Spiral Lineage

The Ash Storm - Ash and Storm - Checkerboard Lineage

A Seafarer's Tale - Tsunami and Green Nebula - Poem/Lyric Lineage (Stairstep)

Ruina Mons Ignes - Magma, Fell, and Ash - Even Gen Lineage

Lineage previews made with Heart of Blue

Edited by DarkDragonfly330

Main post here.

Just realised I haven't added my Neverending Zyu project to my personal lineages post so...

Lineage name: Neverending Zyu project

Breeds of dragons involved:  CB male Sinomorphs x CB female Celestial  to produce Zyumorphs.

Type of lineage project: Even gen

What are your goals for this project?:  Neverending!

Notes:

Scroll Group

Highest generation so far

How can others help?

2nd Gen Zyus from M Sino x F Celestial always welcome. I use all colours of Zyus though right now I don't need any more pinks.

Scroll link/forum name: Aquasun

Fell Script:

Breeds of dragons involved:Female Fell and Male Scripts

Type of lineage project: Even Gen or Checkerboard

What are your goals for this project?: Keep going until it's finished!

How can others help? Female Fell dragons are always welcome - I don't find as much of them as I do scripts

Fell names all mean strong and the Script names mean poet or are named after poets lineage group link

Edited by aquasun1
code not appearing properly

*Scroll link/forum name: Salorus

*Lineage name: Never Ending Pygmy Plan

*Breeds of dragons involved: Pygmies (all types0

*Type of lineage project: Rainboe EG

*What are your goals for this project?: To build a rainboe EG using all the pygmy breeds. See link

How can others help? I am up to Kyanite pygmy. Trying to add them in order. Where the project stands. https://dragcave.net/lineage/aPCEY  ^th gem Kyanite I need to take to 8th gen https://dragcave.net/lineage/GjBCZ

My main post is here.

So i am a bit late with updates but the counter in my main post is up to date now.

Most embarrassing thing is i did not pay attention and forgot to check and influence so now i have two females and have to wait again for May. Two female Octoberborn. :(

Edited by Tigerkralle