nicknick88

WHO LOVES DEATH NOTE?

WHo likes death note?  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I really like Death Note, but ever since L died, it hasn't been the same. It was still a great manga (never saw the anime), but it wasn't special anymore.

When read the manga, I often had a hard time following Light's and L's thoughts. I seem to be too stupid to come to the same conclusions as they did and i I had been Kira, I would have been caught in no time laugh.gif

I read the first manga but bought the anime wink.gif

Death Note is one of my fave animes and i'm eternally in love with L (i cry every time he dies). I like that it's so different from what i normally watch, so mental as opposed to DBZ which is so physical, and yet it has it's hilarious moments too smile.gif

omg TY for the option "Not after L dies" because that is YES.

Only ever saw the anime, but I want to read the manga.

Idk, after L died my interest started dropping. It was nigh impossible to follow if you weren't paying critical attention every second and I didn't like Near/Matt/Mello basically at all.

I loved it, but I agree with the consensus that the series lost something after L was killed.

My mom cried when L died lol. She was an L fangirl. And the only reason I watched the show. So, she threw a fit when L died and said the series sucked afterwards... I couldn't care either way. It's an ok show, just not the best thing I've seen.

Also, I liked N. :> ... Though I totally thought they were a chick for most part.

Ever since I saw the first live action film, I have fallen in love with Death Note. I cried at the end of the live action movie L: Change the World. I hate it that L dies, he was my favorite character.

i really like death note, but i havent gotten around to the manga yet. matsuda is hilarious laugh.gif i recently finished death note: another note the los angeles BB muder cases. that was really interesting, and pretty funny to. i recommend it to anyone who hasn't read it. smile.gif

I LOVED Deathnote @_@

I was absolutely devastated when L died, though.

I continued watching it to the end, but I was so turned off by how Light was caught and lost his mind. -____________-

While I love the series in general, I'm of mixed opinions about L's death. On the one hand, L's death marks the setup for the turning point in Kira's personality where he starts to degrade and become evil, following the line of "ultimate power corrupts ultimately" but on the other hand, I really dislike Near and Mello. Which, I suppose, is the point. The point is that he goes from being the intelligent person who seeks to rid the world of criminals to being so caught up in his own power that he is caught by such unlikeable (and not as intelligent as L) characters as Near and Mello. So... they serve their purpose. So while the second half of the series is not so much my favorite as the first half, the two halves work well together to make one AWESOME series.

Edited by Layn

I love the way Light and L play off each other; when L dies, Light just slowly loses his mind.

Plus, I ship Light/L, which might possibly have something to do with my opinion... rolleyes.gifwink.gif

Death Note was a pretty good anime, but as pretty much everyone on this thread, I agree that it wasn't as good after L's death. Still, it's different from most anime out there and is worth checking out.

My Fiance reads them, watches them, and go me into the film. He once got a rather 'Death Note' themed Christmas, as all the pressies from me where Death Note based LOL

Personally I love the whole concept of the L, crack me up how much crap he eats lol

I like Death Note but like everyones made out it just wasn't the same after L died! I need to rewatch the series again!

I love Deathnote <3 It was the very first anime I ever watched, and it is the reason I am addicted to anime/manga xd.png After Deathnote, even after the dozens of animes and mangas I seen, it hard to compare it with anything I seen afterwords. Deathnote is the most memorable and unique anime I had ever watched, and I'm glad I can call it my first. L was my favorite character, and I was saddened when he died.

I know there are a lot of haters for both Mellow and N, but honestly I liked them. Mellow and N are not nearly as good as L, but they were made to be that way! They were not supposed to be perfect, and in a sense I find it quite satisfying that Light was caught by someone he wasn't expecting. Also, even though some people might think of N as a L wanna be, he shows a lot of potential for becoming a great detective. In many ways he is similar to L, and I'm glad N is similar to L rather then completely different. In a sense L never died, N is just living up the "L"eagacy.

Edited by Drakelina