Saiph

Pleasant Discoveries

I lost a bookmark once at school--- it was one of my favorites because it was formed out pair of cute cats, with their tails as the bookmark. I found it again in the gym nearly four months later, and I knew it was mine because it was pretty unique and I'd never seen anyone else with the same one. How it got there I'll never know, but it was definitely a pleasant discovery.

I found 40 dollars in my pants pocket after I had done the laundry.

After something like that happens basically anything can happen for the rest of the day and I am content.

I found a $20 bill in my backpack this morning while I was searching for my notebook... I also found $18 in ones in my back pants pocket which probably went through the wash a whole bunch of times... or looked that way at least.

I also found a hall pass in my pocket with tomorrow's date on it but no teacher signed it. I have no clue how that got there because I don't even need it.

I found my friend's math book in my locker. Neither of us knew how it got there. It's been lost for about a month.

Getting home from work after a really bad day, to see a soda and chocolates sitting out for me. Thanks mom!

The finding money thing? Yeah. We've struggled with finances a lot the past 10 years or so (some years moreso then others)... So going through one of my old, torn-up school backpacks, lifting out a pair of dirty socks, and find a $100 bill that I'd hidden there who knows how long ago... Yeah, that was awesome.

Finding out I've actually done my homework already. (I usually finish it all during break times.) :3

Oh, and when I find stationary on the floor at school... Even I don't know how many nice fountain pens I've found xd.png

Finding my favorite flavor of no-sugar-added pudding cups which my regular grocery store stopped carrying six months ago, when I shopped at a different store this week because I had a gift card to the different store.

I'll still do the bulk of my shopping at the usual store, as the prices are mostly better there. But the other place is close enough that I can keep going there for my pudding cups. biggrin.gif

Only have about a month and a half of the school year left to be spent in classes, possibly less. Exams though, so not as amazing as i'd like to believe.

Figured out how to find where Steam stores my Half-Life 1 screenshots. This is a thing that is going to become important to a thing that I want to do.

I bought an old book online which was out of print for decades. It should have been in good condition and stuff but when I opened it someone had written into it. I was anoyed at first but than I started to read what was written and I was "WTF!!!!". The person who wrote in the book was my long deceased grandmother! She put in her name and adress, the date and who gifted the book to her. She must have lent it to someone who never brought it back and later sold it to the second hand bookshop. When I tried to contact the shop to ask about the book the shop didn't exist anymore.

My parents and uncles and aunts all freaked out when I showed the book to them. laugh.gif

This is wonderful.

-Seeing a missing cat's face in the window.

Sorry for the thread necromancy and raising this one from the dead.

Anyway, I just discovered that my wireless mouse has buttons that allow me to go back and forward on my browser pages.

I have the middle scroll button set to refresh for hunting the AP/cave, and sometimes when I'd hit it funny it would take be back a page. I knew it was possible, but I never quite discovered what the magic trick to it was until now. I actually feel pretty dumb, because there are arrows on the mouse I never noticed before... >_<

But yeah, definitely a handy tool I just discovered! biggrin.gif

Well, I got some help from the librarian with this discovery. The discovery is about a free Plagiarism Checker online. There's Turnitin but it requires me to be a professor to use it and submit papers for checking. The other checker is called Dupli Checker. duplichecker.com

found some money between my text books and found out that my friend loves one on my fav shows

Walked into this used bookstore at the Milwaukee airport and came across the Complete Chronicles of Narnia AND a image/coffee table book about Sri Lanka (my home country)! Nice read for the flight home!

user posted image

Found a 50 yuan bill on my way home (around 9 dollars) biggrin.gif

found my lucky crystal in the laundry and found some lovely halloween stuff in a store (i live in a country that doesnt celebrate halloween)

This might sound a little silly, but... I discovered that I don't look half bad in a skirt. I could even get used to wearing these things.

I found a cheap but completely useable FitBit-knockoff at the dollar store. It actually works just fine!

I discovered that one of my best friends, whom I met on DC, is actually my distant cousin. Family reunion!

I discovered that one of my best friends, whom I met on DC, is actually my distant cousin. Family reunion!

ohmy.gifbiggrin.gif Oh how lovely!

I once thought I forgot my glasses in a bathroom stall, and tried to wait through a mob before realizing the glasses were on my face. I was so relieved. Pleasant discovery indeed.

And another one: when I had literally no paper to draw on, and I was drawing on the insides of book covers, I found a notebook from several years ago with empty pages. I could burn eyes with the drawings already in it, but I was thankful for those empty pages.

When I discover people using my banners. smile.gif My heart literally skips a beat every time I see my banner in someone's signature.

discovered that the whole 'bang the ceiling with the handle of a broom' works to quiet your neighbors almost instantly in my case when it comes to it being late at night and them playing music far too loudly

discovered that the whole 'bang the ceiling with the handle of a broom' works to quiet your neighbors almost instantly in my case when it comes to it being late at night and them playing music far too loudly

Omg xd.png I keep giggling at this. I'm so childish xd.png

I discovered that my dog enjoys licking my left foot and not my right foot o.O How? She keeps pulling my foot back when I try to make her stop licking.

biggrin.gif I've discovered that the polymer cake decorative I've been using to wind my earphones around is magnetic. So, I can use it for different purposes. Perhaps as a fridge magnet.