Saiph

Pleasant Discoveries

While aimlessly poking around my account settings in DC, I found the "Skin Appearance" option had a Portal theme. After several minutes of dying in fits of squees and omgs, I wondered about the other people who come across little things like this. Just those small things that make your day a little bit happier.

Thats the gist of it then! Talk about your personal discoveries! Not just the little ones, but also the big mind blowing, will-never-forget-this-for-the-rest-of-my-life discoveries!

Did they make your day?

Today's Google Doodle is 'Star Trek.' Specifically an over-simplification of "Arena." And it's awesome.

Today's Google Doodle is 'Star Trek.' Specifically an over-simplification of "Arena." And it's awesome.

I totally agree on that. It was quite fun to play with for a minute xd.png

Best discovery I ever made: I was browsing in a used book store and found a book I hadn't read before by an author I rather like. I bought the book and shoved it in the bottom of my "things to read" pile. Some months later, I fished it out and brought it to work with me to read during my lunch break. Imagine my surprise when I finally opened it and realized it had been signed by the author!

Best discovery I ever made: I was browsing in a used book store and found a book I hadn't read before by an author I rather like. I bought the book and shoved it in the bottom of my "things to read" pile. Some months later, I fished it out and brought it to work with me to read during my lunch break. Imagine my surprise when I finally opened it and realized it had been signed by the author!

ohmy.gif That's an epic kind of awesome!

(Btw, ever type the words "Zerg Rush" in a google search? Have fun!)

I like when I find $20 in my wallet that I'd hidden from myself months prior.

Just recently, I discovered we can now post status updates on Steam. So naturally I went into Wheatley mode and entertained myself by plastering statuses all over the page just because I could. My poor Steam friends, if they ever look at that page xd.png

I discovered the setting to change the skin on the forums to blue a few weeks ago. Now, I can tell whether I was auto-logged out or not. It's really helpful.

Does the time I was searching everywhere for pencil only to find out I was holding it the entire time count as a pleasant discovery?

Edited by rampaging wyvern

I got a test back and thought because of my teacher's God-awful handwriting, no chicken scratch, I thought I'd gotten a 72%. I wasn't surprised: I didn't do well in that class. Imagine my surprise when I got a 92% on my report card. I took my test to my teacher and what I'd thought was a 72% was a 98%.

Also, I discovered you can lock portrait orientation on iPhones. Score!

I bought an old book online which was out of print for decades. It should have been in good condition and stuff but when I opened it someone had written into it. I was anoyed at first but than I started to read what was written and I was "WTF!!!!". The person who wrote in the book was my long deceased grandmother! She put in her name and adress, the date and who gifted the book to her. She must have lent it to someone who never brought it back and later sold it to the second hand bookshop. When I tried to contact the shop to ask about the book the shop didn't exist anymore.

My parents and uncles and aunts all freaked out when I showed the book to them. laugh.gif

Does the time I was searching everywhere for pencil only to find out I was holding it the entire time count as a pleasant discovery?

xd.png Only if it made things better then they were before.

A couple of weeks ago I was jiggling the change that I pulled from my pocket and took a closer look at what was there. One of the coins was a silver 1943-S Mercury Head dime (US) biggrin.gif .

Finding food in your backpack at school, when you're starving = best thing evar.

That has happened to me a lot. I never really question where the food came from, I just eat it. Usually it will be like a packet of candy (SweeTarts for example) or a granola bar...and on one occasion my friend found an orange (the fruit!) in her backpack, it had been smushed and had gotten pulp all over the inside of her backpack and on her books.

That was a not-so-pleasant discovery.

Also when I am doing my laundry I find random $20 bills in my pockets.

ohmy.gif Finding money is awesome! xd.png I just did some laundry and I had to move my Dad's work clothes to the dryer. I found at least 5$ worth of change! xd.png

I discovered that I have a small scar on my ear a few days ago. No idea where it came from though. I thought that was pretty cool. I'm almost at BA Russian assassin level now.

When I go insane because I think I've lost my iPod, and hours later I discover it's in my pocket, relieved it wasn't gone forever, haha~