kittygrl

Games to recommend

Ok so lately I've been wanting to play a new game, not particularly *new* just something I've never played before

So I came up this thread, to recommend good games

PLEASE DO NOT PUT STUFF LIKE SKYRIM, HALOS, CoD

No common games. Put games thats not really advertised, but really good.

Sorry for not specifying. It can be any console/pc and any rating.

I made this thread so people can come here and say " oh I've never heard of that game! Sounds fun~"

Edited by kittygrl

Kameo and Prototype. I probably got a ton more that I play that I don't see many people talking about but can't recall them right now.

I thought Bulletstorm was great fun (but it's worth noting that it definately deserves its 18 rating and is *not* for the easily offended - lots of crude humour, swearing, casual sexism etc. - all very tongue in cheek though).

And if you like puzzle + casual games, Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords (aka Puzzle Quest 1) is awesome. It's a cross between an RPG and Bejeweled - I've got it on XBLA and it's probably one of my most played games on there. Be careful to get this one and not Puzzle Quest 2 (which is okay, but quite different) or Puzzle Quest: Galactrix (which is not supposed to be very good).

Not sure whether it was advertised much in its time, but SSX Tricky if you can get a hand on it. Snowboarding. PS2. Lasted me 8 years at the least and I still play it.

Edited by Chicogal

SSX is a pretty popular series in general, I think... the recent one sold well. Tricky was my favorite and it was also on Gamecube.

Also on Gamecube, drop everything and play Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean right now. Also play Tales of Symphonia, though this is more popular.

Silent Hill 2 for you horror fans, though this is also a popular series... 2 is the best one IMO.

PS1: Jade Cocoon

PS2: Jade Cocoon 2

Persona 3

Persona 4

Digital Devil Saga 1 & 2

PS3: Folklore

PSP: Jewel Summoner

Monster Hunter is huge in Japan but very little western fanbase because they dropped the ball like it was on fire with MH3 for the Wii. Go get any MH game on PSP. The PS2 version(s) sadly don't have online support in NA anymore.

Also, Folklore on PS3. It's an underappreciated gem from back when PS3 was just released.

Edited by Lythiaren

Dead Space. It's multi system and is the one sci-fi game that flew right in front of my face without me seeing. Army of Two got good reviews but not an overall many. Final Fantasy tactics is a very great FF game. They all have the third game coming up pretty soon.

Here's my list of good games:

Lunar Knights - DS

Fur Fighters - PS2 or Dreamcast

Advance Wars series - GBA and DS

Goemon's Great Adventure - N64

Bug's Life - N64 and PS1

Konami Krazy Racers - GBA

Bomberman Hero - N64

Shining Force 1 and 2 - Sega Genesis

Fire Emblem - GBA

Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones - GBA

Shining Force: Sword of Hajya - Sega Game Gear

Final Fantasy V - GBA and PS1

Wonderful 101 - Wii U

Final Fantasy IX - PS1

That's all I can think of for now. I'll post more later if they pop up into my head.

Edited by Red Dragonette

Tales of Symphonai for the GameCube is hands down one of the best games on the system.

Tales of Vesperia is a favorite of mine where the 360 is concerned, and Tales of Graces f is a good one for PS3.

The entire series, which spans many consoles across several generations, is not as well-known as it really should be. Generally very solid games with good story and characters, though some are a bit more "love it or hate it" kind of games. (I personally love Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World for the Wii, and it has a dedicated following, but a lot of people don't like it at all. If you've got a Wii and can find a copy, I'd say give it a shot.)

Phantasy Star Online 2. The game was released in Japan only (the NA version will come in 2013) but there's a very nice unofficial English Patch for it (I use it, it is perfect).

PSO2 is a online rpg, FULL OF ACTION. It is one of the most fast games I've ever played. Makes WoW looks like it was created for babies!

P.s. it is free, and have a cash shop. But the cash shop is just useless things like costumes and small items. They do not sell equipment in the cash shop.

Edited by Neo Metal Sonic

I have never liked any sport games, but the ps2 game NBA Street Vol. 2 was pretty awesome.

If you're looking for RPGs, I'd say Xenoblade Chronicles and The Last Story are some really good investments. They're both for the Wii.

Xenoblade Chronicles can take 100+ hours to finish, especially if you're aiming for 100% completion (tons of sidequests, huuuge maps to explore). I finished the game at around 99 hours, if I remember correctly? The battles are sort of turn based? Sort of like Dragon Age: Origins, in a way.

I'm in the process of playing The Last Story right now, and from what I've heard, the story's pretty short (20-30 hours?). The battles are more action-y than Xenoblade; there's some FPS aspects since the main character has a crossbow you can shoot faraway enemies with.

I don't know how popular these are, but:

Stubbs the Zombie: Rebel Without a Pulse (AWESOME, not your typical zombie game, totally worth it)

Trine (Really beautiful)

If you are in the market for RPG's i would highly reccomend Nier and Dark Souls

Nier- a very gripping yet sad story decent combat, just note you will have to beat the game multiple times to feel the full weight of the story as different plot points are revealed on differnet play throughs.

Dark Souls- One of the hardest yet most far game i have ever played, this game has the most responsive and probably one of the best combat systems i have ever played, just note this game is very hard

If you are into retro, you might like Shining Force I and II for Sega Genesis, or you might like Chrono Cross for the Playstation.

AWESOME. AWESOME. AWESOMENAAAUUUUTS!

2d platformer 3v3 moba-style game for the PC/Xbox/PS3 (I suggest getting the PC version on steam for $10.. worth it) Saturday morning battle arena with an 80s cartoon theme. How can this NOT be AWESOME?

Worth watching, if you're interested:

This is hands down my favorite game on steam.