pudding

Okeanos War OOC

This shall be the OOC for Okeanos War! Plot discussions may occur here. Spamming will not be tolerated and violators shall be fed to the sharks.

Yey! You plan on clearing out the IC thread before posting?

Actually, who is gunna post first? xd.png

Also: I noticed that some RPs have those "buttons" that people put in their signatures. So I made one for whoever wants one? o^o

user posted image

[URL=http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=139711&st=0][IMG=http://i585.photobucket.com/albums/ss292/ZeyeZix/Avatars%20and%20Signatures/Okeanos.jpg][/URL]

Edited by Lyxii

I've deleted all of my posts but I don't mind if the others stay or go.

Anyone can post first, starting right now. I have to go to bed but I'll post in the morning.

Could I please reserve a Z-class? I'm planning on making a leopard seal-type mermaid.

The spot has been reserved. We'll be starting soon. Anyone can make an introduction post, if they like.

Question: What do the Mermaids/Mermen use for currency?

I was just wondering. Do they trade for items they think are of equal value instead? So if a character wished to purchase a slave or a weapon, what would they offer?

Edited by Lyxii

They would trade items. An able-bodied slave would probably be traded for twenty weapons. A weapon could be traded for food or jewelry or rope made of kelp. It all depends on what the seller is interested in.

Are we supposed to put in the real age of mermaids on the form, or the human equivalent of how old they are?

Long answer: The average lifespan is not how long mermaids live naturally but how long they live on average in their naturally environment with illness and sharks roaming aout. Mermaids age similarly to humans but live in a much harsher environment and die earlier. If they didn't die at the hands of sharks and such, they would live much longer.

Short answer: Human age.

Oh that's good to know. I was kinda sad thinking my char was already half way through her lifespan. xd.png

How long should mermaids that need to breath air be able to stay underwater? I think I put 15-30 minutes on my form. That's the last time I make a character before reading all of the IC posts first xd.png

It depends on the type. But, on average, mammal-type mermaids should be able to stay underwater for forty five minimum. Those based off of animals that can stay under much longer like Sea Turtles can survive for even longer than that.

RedDragonette Said: ((I'm going to make another human character soon. He's a mermaid researcher and he wants to capture a mermaid and study his/her behavior and nature, so that the humans can defend themselves from them better and also to make peace with them and end the war. I could have his lab in North Carolina, America or in Iceland (I think that's where Maus's human character is at).))

Well, for one, Maus' character is already out researching Mermaids for the exact reasons you mentioned just now. (Unless we want lots of researchers running around right now in the plot, I dunno.) I guess it's up to you guys.

And two... Maybe give other people a chance to make "important" characters? You already have the King of Atlantis and a few other characters. Maybe give someone else a chance at having a character that can be used to help benefit the plot??

Edit: Good point by Maus. I don't think the same person should control the King and a potential peace maker. Then what is the point of RPing with a character if you have no real help with the plot? Since one person would practically run and control it at that point. :< I'd like it if quite a few people played important roles. ^^

Edited by Lyxii

I agree with Lyxii on this. Ferdinand is a scientists, even though he's been played out to be a warrior, his original intention was not "Kill all the things!"

Plot development and expansion should rely on more than one person. Considering you already have a King, I don't think it's a good idea to also create a peacemaker on the other side.

This is just my two cents though.

Also, posting tomorrow, too late tonight x.x

Well then if you guys say so, then how about I make a 21-year-old intern who sees the mermaids as nothing but monsters first. With Ferdinand's help, he may slowly change his view on the mermaids. Also, before I have Glacies captured, what does Ferdinand do with the live mermaids he captures?

Besides, I'm not going to have King Krontos change his veiw on the humans. He's going to want them all dead no matter how peaceful or good their intentions are. Krontos is a racist nazi bigot. He's like the Adolf Hitler of this RP.

Also I'm thinking about having Xander being there on the boat when Glacies gets captured. When's the best time to introduce him?

Edited by Red Dragonette

Well, obviously it's up to Maus as to weather or not he even wants to do that.

But like I said, maybe give some roles to the other Roleplayers in this RP? Have someone elses Mermaid get captured? You have an important part in this RP playing the king. I think that should be enough for now... (I'd like to see other people get a chance to do something.)

If you went and made Glacies get captured and become some kind of peace creator for Mermaids, then you would just end up Roleplaying by yourself with all your characters. While we just meandered around in the background... Lol.

I think we should just let this play out right now as it is. We are SO EARLY in this RP no real character development has even taken place. We shouldn't even be thinking about Peace right now at this point. I say we kick the idea around and see what happens in the future. Let some other people get ideas out there before we charge into "Then suddenly.... WE CREATED PEACE! YAY! RP OVER!"

Okay, I'll give it 10 - 20 posts before I make my new character or anybody captured. In the meantime, I'll have Glacies and her team of slaves have a hard time taming the blue whale or Krontos think up new ideas on how destroy giant ships.

Okay, though like I said.

Let someone else have a role in the RP. No one has to be for sure captured. If they are, please let someone else have that role. You or any other single individual shouldn't be driving this RP. We all are. That was the point of this open plot. Don't give yourself all the key roles, that is very unfair.

And you need more than that many posts for character development. Or at least, most people do. Don't jump to any plot twists and changes so fast. Let people join in.

Also, taming a Blue Whale seems impossible. I'd be scared to try. xd.png

Edited by Lyxii

Okay fine, none of my characters get captured. I'll just leave that to somebody else.

And if I can't tame a blue whale, maybe I could try to lure it towards a ship and have it accidentally ram into it from underneath?

If that doesn't work, then I'll have Glacies escape on the job that she and the other slaves fail.

Also, I just searched for ships in the 1830s and 1840s on google and bling and they all (not counting the ships in the later decades or the modern ones) looked like this:

http://www.stoningtonhistory.org/images/p_clipper.jpg

http://www.killowryart.com/images/dunbrody.jpg

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d31/inui...ll_ships008.jpg

I figured something was wrong with the type of ship(s) Maus used in the RP, because it/they seemed too advance for the RP's setting. So I went and did a little researching and I was right. Boy, was I a fool for not realizing this before I went along with it. If Maus's ship(s) had fit in directly with the setting, then Glacies's team might have or not successfully sunken it.

Why the heck am I wasting time trying to find a blue whale, when I should have pointed out that he god-moded. Forget the blue whale, I'm going back to my reinforcement idea I originally had. We'll just forget that Glacies mentioned getting a blue whale and instead use more mermaids to attack Maus' ships. We may even use smaller whales to attack, if taming them is possible.

Look, I was just saying you should give people a chance to RP and have a good role in this RP. No need to get like this.... I was just speaking my two cents. otherwise it would just be you RPing with yourself. sad.gif

Also, Maus's profile was approved. Therefore his Ships and Character are within the guidelines.

You obviously didn't do enough research... (Googling images =/= Research)

Maus's Ships are Steam Ships. Steam Ships were invented in the late 1700's.

Perhaps you should try Googling things like the Lexington Steamship? ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steamship_Lexington )

Keep in mind this RP is in the 1840's... This isn't Pirates of the Caribbean. Technology is slightly more advanced now.... His ships are completely legal, and I failed to see any form of Godmodding.

But I am sure he wont mind showing you his own research... There really is no need to go around pointing fingers right now...

Edited by Lyxii

We mustn't forgetIronclad Warships. The technology exists at the time to reinforce ships with iron. He asked before the story was approved and I agreed to his idea since it was close to the time period mentioned. Besides, the war wouldn't be fun if it was easy to sink ships. Just like it wouldn't be fun if all the humans had diving suits that allowed them to go to Atlantis and just kill all the Mermaids or for the Mermaids to suddenly create a way to flop around on land and stab people. It's all about keeping the other side on their toes while still having some sense.

As for the Blue Whales, it seems to me like it would be similar to a house cat trying to train an elephant. For one, the size difference makes whoever is working with the whales in danger. Also, there is no place for mermaids to keep whales and they could easily just swim off. Even a baby blue whale is still 25 feet long. Imagine trying to train that thing!

As for getting captured, lets just give it some time first. I'm not dictating who should be captured, just saying to give it a bit of time. We are still just starting the story and, honestly, no one would try to save Glacies if she got captured. While she is considered a valuable piece of property, it would have to be someone pretty important to launch a rescue mission.

Oh well, then I guess it's gameover for me. I don't know how I'm going to RP my way out of the Blue Whale idea without getting killed. Also, I don't have any alternative ideas on how the mermaids are going to harm Maus's ships. I'm quitting this RP. I'm not coming back and I'm not playing here again. Glacies is pretty much dead if she does go after the Blue Whale and since Krontos is always at the palace, he probably doesn't get much RP time. Also, I'm still not in the mood to play Xander. So Adios, everybody.