RWyvern

The Strength Lies Within

((O.O wow, you have been busy x3))

Alshain made his way past the many dragons towards Bloodvein, who seemed to be talking to a couple of dragons. One of them seemed to have an idea of where they were headed, and indeed, above the sound of dragons he heard 'Outside? It's that way.' Then he saw a faint silhouette of the dragon who had spoken starting to make his way towards the front. Alshain turned around and started following the dragon.

((Gah, bad post. So tired @_@))

Bloodvein smiled,

Outside? Where?"

He could start smelling outside air, this made him walk faster. He heard dragons cheering at the front of the vent. As he got closer he saw blinding daylight.

Gradlic opened up the vent door and slithered out, looking around. His face looked very grim and unhappy, but inside he was relieved to be outside again.

"Curse these filthy humans for changing us into these monsters....I swear, once I am an adult, they will regret ever thinking of dong this..", Gradlic said, looking back at the other hatchlings.

The dragons all started running, pushing past each other attempting to escape and feel the warmth of daylight. Bloodvein nodded in agreement, then he dived out the vent onto the grass. He ran around in large circles for a bit then went serious.

"We need to get out of sight! The scientists knew where the vent went, so watch out for traps."

Alshain caught up with Gradlic and Bloodvein, catching the vent door with his head and grunting. It was still ridiculously heavy, but pushing was easier than pulling. He slipped out next to Gradlic, then motioned for the rest of the hatchlings to stay hidden in the strip of grass. Night was gradually falling and blinding lights could be seen whizzing past them. They were now in the city.

Alshain couldn't resist but kick at the ground. He was quite tired from the previous ordeal, his limbs shaking slightly. 'Well, what now?' he questioned himself.

Edited by rampaging wyvern

"I've been to a human city once before, this one to be exact. I know a place where we can stay for the night, and plan what to do next in the morning...follow me", Gradlic said, walking along the wall toward where the whizzing lights were. He stood at the edge of the grass, where a large, black rock stood before him.

"I dont know, i always made plans to get out, but never thought i would.. Where do we go now!?!"

It was getting colder as nightfall fell and he knew they weren't likely to survive without shelter and food. He shuddered at the thought of death after this.

Alshain raised an eyebrow. 'You've been in the city before?' He started to follow Gradlic, waving his tail as a signal for the rest of the hatchlings to follow. He kept close to the wall, flinching every time a light passed over his body. He came up alongside Gradlic, eyeing the rock.

Bloodvein ran after Alshain and Gradlic, he stopped on a rock and watched them.

"How have you been in the city before?"

He lept of the stone and ran towards a rat he saw running around the road. It ran through a tiny hole into the sewers, Bloodvein sighed and his tummy rumbled. He was about to step forwards when he almost got hit by a van! He roared a load Ahhhh! Then wrapped his tail around his body and lay in the middle of the road in the white line.

"Be careful...this rock is dangerous! Run across it quickly, there are a lot of these around", Gradlic said. He looked up the rock, then ran across it as quickly as his legs could take him, and dragged Bloodvein to the other side, and studied him.

"Are you okay? You shouldn't run across like that!", he said.

Edited by Tazzay

Alshain ran to the edge of the road, leaning forward out over it. Large objects were flying past him at a great speed. 'Are we supposed to get past this to the place to hide for the night?' he shouted, his words drowned out by the roar of each object. He tentatively placed a paw on the road, then hurriedly drew back in fear.

"Yes, it is the only way", Gradlic called back.

"Just wait until you cannot see a light on your right, then run as fast as you can!", he called again, looking back at the injured hatchling at his feet.

Bloodvein looked to his right, all the lights were coming from left.

The lights are comming from the left!"

Suddenly a large red light appeared in the sky and no more cars were coming past.

"RUN!" He shouted at everyone as he sprinted across.

"Come on! This way!", Gradlic shouted, running against a building then into a dark alley. Rats and other pests ran away at the sight of the young dragons, and hid in holes in the wall. He continued scuttling along it until he stopped next to a small door.

"In here, they won't find us here..", he said, opening up the door so the other hatchlings could get inside.

Edited by Tazzay

Alshain scampered across the road, pausing at about three-quarters of the way in shock at the realization that he was directly in front of one of the objects. The lights were blindening and he stood there mesmerized by them for a minute. The red light Bloodvein had noticed switched to green and the objects started moving forward. Alshain let out a little squeak and skittered to the gutter, crouching there as the objects moved past.

Gradlic looked at Alshain and frowned.

"Come on, they'll capture you if you don't hurry up and get over here!", he shouted, waiting for the other hatchlings to go inside before running over to Alshain and grabbing him, pulling him toward the alley.

Edited by Tazzay

Alshain scrabbled at the pavement to keep up with Gradlic, trying to avoid being dragged. He stared at the alleyway, catching a glimpse of a rat as it slunk along the wall. 'Hide here?' Alshain said, half to himself, half to Gradlic. They only just escaped a dark unpleasant tunnel, and now Gradlic was leading him into another? He gave a slight shrug - Gradlic would surely know what he was doing.

Gradlic opened the door.

"In here, there is a little light so you can see, but no one can see inside. Just calm down and get some rest", he said, waiting for Alshain to go inside. Inside was a large room with many soft rectangular beds, and a small light that illuminated the room.

((I'm at school right now, so I might reply late))

Edited by Tazzay

Bloodvein sighed,

"Why here? Its dark, cold and wet...."

In the corner of his eye he saw a mouse, he ran after it. It ran throuh an open door and so did Bloodvein. He immediatly stopped and yelled for the others. What he had found was a home with rat infestation. There were hundreds.

"FOOD!!!!"

He punced on one and ripped it apart and slowly ate it.

Alshain slowly made his way inside over to a corner and slumped down. It was cold, and it was damp, just like Bloodvein had observed. He looked around when Bloodvein yelled out, but lay down again. Later I'll catch something... he thought to himself. He saw other hatchlings curling up, several piled on top of one another.

Gradlic pulled the door shut and pushed a brick infront of it to keep it closed, then lay down next to Alshain.

"You okay?", Gradlic asked, looking at him. He sighed, and watched the other hatchlings scrabbling for food, and frowned.

Bloodvein came back to where Alshain and Gradlic were resting, he had eaten 3 rats and had blood all over his face and teeth, his vampire instincs had kicked in and caused him to get messy.

"Hey.. I've eaten. 3 rats. They were great!"

He looked out of a smashed window at the night sky and the stars. Then he lay down on a torn up rug near the door.

Alshain nodded. 'Yeah, I'm okay. Just...tired.' He watched Bloodvein settling down and yawned. The other hatchlings were going crazy with their prey and he could hear the high pitched terrified squeals as they were picked off. He would catch some tomorrow. But for now, he'd sleep.

((time skip to morn?))