Iza111

Cats or Dogs?

Dogs. I don't dislike cats, I'm just horribly allergic to them. :/ And so is my dad. So there won't be a cat around here any time soon.

I have two dogs, both rescues. They're the sweetest things ever. <3

EDIT to add: Not yippie dogs. Medium to large size dogs. I don't like little dogs. They're vicious (or at least the ones I've met are).

Edited by Ali'i Makani Pahili

I was raised with mostly dogs but I'm not opposed to having a cat :3 I understand dogs better and know how to take care of one but when I see a cat I feel I have to treat it delicately since they are very regal animals o.0 I know I don't have to but it feels like that ohmy.gif

Cats. I have been raised mostly around dogs(we do have cats too, but have had dogs longer), and the more I am around them the more I appreciate the qualities cats have.

I like both! I can't choose! *tears out hair*

I grew up with both- I was really close to a cat I had for 13 years, and a dog that died tragically when I was young. One of our current dogs has the funniest personality, but cats can be so amusing as well...

In regards to dogs, I prefer big ones. Rough Collies and Irish Wolfhounds and Great Danes. The only smaller dogs I really like are Shelties.

Cats.

<3

I have one but im mildy allergic to pets. :[

Still keeping him though, love him too much to kick him out.

I do like cats and dogs (grew up with dogs, but I am currently owned by two cats).

I am a little grumpy with dogs right now as I am healing from a bite wound, but a cute face won't let me stay grumpy for long.

Definitely dogs. I love dogs. <3 I have two italian greyhounds right now, they're little sweethearts.

I've never owned a cat since my grandmum is allergic to them.

Cats! Oh how I love them! Though we don't own any pets. sad.gif

We used to have this one cat named violet though. She was special, because one of her eyes were yellow and the other was blue. smile.gif She was beautiful, but we had to give her away due to our crazy family situation.

But she is currently 15-16 and is now really fat due to eating tons of lobster tongue.gif

dogs <3<3<3 For the last 17 years I haven't been without one and that won't happen too quickly either wink.gif Currently I have 3, a rottweiler, malinois and a border-collie, all 3 of them come from a shelter as I'd never ever buy a puppy. Second hand dogs are the best :'D

Second hand dogs are the best :'D

As a general rule I agree with you. BUT. Second hand dogs can and do come with issues. There's a reason they've been rehomed. And if you have young kids and/or small animals (such as cats or rabbits) then I'd caution about it being the best option.

Definitely a cat person for me, and dog people for my moms.

We currently have 3 dogs and two cats. (We used to have six dogs...)

I like my dogs okay, but the last three we have right now continuously drive me crazy. One of them, the beagle, is so NAUGHTY. She's really smart, but she uses it for getting in trouble all the time. The other beagle is a senior dog that we rescued a year ago, and her foster family told us that she's very well behaved and just sleeps around all day... Which is true, for the most part, except for the excessive barking (because she's deaf, always hungry [even though she's super fat], or wanting to be pet), the peeing on the floor when we're away, the feces eating (the other beagle does this too...SO GROSS), and I think she smells funny. Our last dog is a 3 year old mutt of Chihuahua and German Pincher, and he definitely has some mental issues. We have to put him on calming medications because he's so neurotic and strung out. He barks at EVERYTHING and cowers if you try to pet him, but he's never been abused in his life or mistreated or even yelled at. He's a very peculiar animal. Even though he's cute, I cannot stand his yapping barking all of the damn time.

My cats, on the other hand, suit me much better. I like their personalities a lot more. They have their share of issues, yes, but I enjoy their company much more. (Mostly because I can't stand loud noises, and the cats' meows are very pleasant and charming)

Cats, but I like dogs, too. smile.gif I have so much responsibility with my cats, though, and knowing how much time and effort it takes to properly raise a dog, I have made the decision to forego it. I have enough vet bills as it is. laugh.gif

My oldest cat shakes hands, greets me when I have been away, and loves to be vacuumed. You can suck her tail up inside the vacuum hose and she will purr. laugh.gif She sleeps with me under the covers. She gives me the most adoring looks with her huge, beautiful eyes.

My Siamese likes to run up to me, run up my neck and cuddle in the crook of my neck. wub.gif She also plays fetch relentlessly. It is hard to get her to stop! She is very gregarious when people come over. She likes to meet everyone and likes to be the center of attention. laugh.gif

My youngest is a kittenish/young adult about a year and a half old who loves to talk to himself while he plays. He engages in all sorts of "make believe" games. He is a riot. laugh.gif He is very shy when people come over and hides.

The Siamese and the "kitten" play together a lot, which makes the house very lively at times. poptartFINALTINY.gif

I have a dog, though I'm not sure which I like more.

But kittens are so cute! wub.gif

I prefer cats, I have two black kitties myself.

I like dogs too though, but wouldn't want one myself. First of all I'm allergic to them and second of all you have to raise them and they require much more care than cats.

Dogs, definitely! I grew up with them, and honestly, the cats I owned did nothing but sleep, eat, and relieve themselves. That is not to say I dislike cats; I adore them as much as I adore my dogs. (I'm actually caring for a stray that visits my place daily, but can't keep him since my brothers' are afraid of cats, and have allergies)

Sadly, I can't own either now since since our apartment doesn't allow it, and my parents don't want more mouths to feed. So it's just the stray and me.

Anyway, I ish a doggy person. Woof!

I prefer cats over dogs. There's something more soothing about a cat purring than a dog barking. Plus, I have a fear of tiny, tiny dogs.

I'm a dog and cat person. I love both for different reasons. I have one of each. smile.gif