Iza111

Earbuds or headphones?

Headphones by far. Good headphones with real cups that go over your ears. They have better sound quality and are more comfortable for me, and they can also have a microphone on them.

I like headphones and earbuds equally. They both have their ups and downs, I think. o3o

I use earbuds right now, no particular reason. Just what I gots.

I rarely use headphones, unless I'm somewhere public or there's someone over and they're trying to sleep or something. Earbuds ftw!

Headphones. They are much more comfortable, have better sound, don't fall out and people generally can't hear what you are listening to.

Also, if you buy headphones that have cord that goes around your head you can hide them in your hair.

I prefer headphones, as my ears are different, so its painful in the ear for earbuds, but I also prefer listening to music without earbuds or headphones if I don't have people around....

Exactly. Earbud manufacturers apparently think everyone's ears are shaped the same, even if they've acknowledged that not everyone likes hard plastic/soft gummy.

Personally, in-ear earbuds. They're not so good for your ears but I find they stay in much better than outer-ear earbuds, block external noise better and don't have sound leakage problems. (Btw, sound leakage isn't the sole province of earbuds, to whoever it was that mentioned it earlier in the thread; it's more to do with low quality stuff - cheap and crappy headphones are just as bad, and good quality earbuds don't leak sound)

Headphones are too clunky, don't mix so well with my hair and don't have the convenience of having on ear in and one out, which is good for listening to music but being a bit more aware of your surroundings.

Earbuds are better. Apparently, headphones can cause auditory hallucinations if you use them for too long.

Well, they both do but headphones are worse because all sound is cut off whilst earbuds are adjustable.

I just got a new pair of headphones, after some experience with earbuds I think I prefer headphones better. Though I could go either way, the headphones I have now are really good for listening to music with minimal backround noise.

Also, if you buy headphones that have cord that goes around your head you can hide them in your hair.

I have got to find those. O.o

Earbuds hurt my ears, so I vote headphones.

I can never get earbuds to stay in right, and they feel really uncomfortable to me. I hate that they seem to be the standard now and good headphones are getting harder to find.

I prefer headphones, but I usually get stuck wearing earbuds because I can't find any store that sells headphones. Earbuds are really uncomfortable in my ears and they always fall out.

It depends where I am really. If I am in the house I prefer using headphones as the music quality is generally better (IMO). However if I am out and about I prefer using earbuds because they are far more practical.

I just got a new pair of headphones, after some experience with earbuds I think I prefer headphones better. Though I could go either way, the headphones I have now are really good for listening to music with minimal backround noise.

I have got to find those. O.o

They generally look like this.

Rear-band. That's the word. I finally remembered it. But yes, it's easy to hide headphones with design like that. They are also even more comfortable then headband ones. At least for me.

Edited by PointOfOrigin

I like earbuds personally. I just like how small they are and that you can wrap them around your ipod. My only problem with them is I keep loosing and/or breaking them. I don't think I've gone more than 2 months with a single pair tongue.gif.

For comfort and sound quality, headphones. They don't fall off and they just sound better to me. For practicality when I'm taking bus trips with my iPod Nano, earbuds. It's just impractical to have big headphones for such a small player. I hate them though--they won't stay in, and whenever I push my hair back (I have really long hair) the earbud cord goes with it and gets pulled out of my ear. They also have lousy sound quality. I miss using headphones, like I could when I still used a portable CD player instead of an iPod. Not giving that up, though.

Earbuds. I bring my iPhone with me just about everywhere, and it's easier to move/stuff out of sight/pop in and out earbuds than big ol' headphones.

Def headphones. earphones are only used when I go outside for a long time. I have small ears so earphones with buds really irritates me and they hurt too.

Earbuds. I am always on the go, so earbuds are easier for me to manage. Also, headphones and glasses do not mix. 'Nuff said :3

headphones. earbuds hurt, fall out to fast. and mine died after listening to 7 songs. ._.

first it was the left headphone, then the right. ._.

headphones however, have not died yet. and i had them for quite a while. :3