demonicvampiregirl

Accepting/Not Accepting Aid at the top of Scrolls

And in the end we did find out why he felt that way, and in the end he understood why we disagreed, and it DID all work out....

If I'm not mistaken he didn't understand the suggestion and once we convinced him his points of dislike were unfounded, things were fine. x3

If I'm not mistaken he didn't understand the suggestion and once we convinced him his points of dislike were unfounded, things were fine. x3

Exactly. He kept saying it was evil and would ruin the site when he had 0 clue on what the actual suggestion was about. We asked him to explain why he never did. Finally he answered and we told him how the suggestion was really supposed to work and he got it finally.

If you post and say you don't like it and leave that is fine. If you post something as outrageous as "It's evil and will ruin the site" you can't help but want a answer as to why this thought is there.

We need feedback on this so we can improve it for all of us not just the ones that like it. We need suggestions as to what to put up, how to word it, ect. So I don't see how these threads don't need just as much feedback as the dragon concepts.

Edit: I have edited the first post! biggrin.gif

Edited by demonicvampiregirl

Cut the chatter and return to discussing the topic. Any further spam will be removed and the poster will receive a warning. Disagreements can be sent over PM. They do not belong in this thread.

Reminder of the topic:

Original Post:

As the titles say can we have that also put at the top of our scrolls? People may not see it when they view the eggs and it may cut down on people trying to help your eggs when you don't need it. It wont cut down on people doing it on purpose but may help in the long run.

Something like:

"[username] is not accepting aid/is accepting aid. It is against the rules to give aid without the users permission"

I've had this idea for a bit now each time it seems like mine are being added to sites.

This could also be optional for the people who don't want it cluttering their scrolls up!

Revamped post:

Okay since this thread was merged with a new one created by fuzzbucket this thread got more activity. The idea behind this is to make sure people see the message that you are or are not accepting aid for your dragons.

Some people don't see them and see low view eggs and try to help out but instead harm them. This obviously will not prevent malicious view bombing but may help prevent accidental deaths due to people ignoring the message.

This message will be entirely optional with the default being off so you can add it or not. There will not be a option to remove it from other users. It defeats the entire purpose of this.

The message is not for the purpose of keeping others off your scroll or from gifting it is just to make sure that they do see that you are or are not wanting any help with your eggs or hatchlings.

Here is some suggestions provided by briartrainer:

Thinking about what other people have said I'd like to offer these lines of text.

"You pick up a scroll labeled _X_ and see sketches and information about dragons. The Dragon Keeper Leaders would like to remind you that it is forbidden to help raise others dragons without permission." Default, mostly will be used by newbes or people who don't want to change it

"You pick up a scroll labeled _X_ and see sketches and information about dragons. There is a note on the scroll that says 'Please warm my eggs and feed the hatchlings.' This is the accepting aid message.

"You pick up a scroll labeled _X_ and see sketches and information about dragons. There is a note on the scroll that says 'Please do not feed the dragons, they are on a strict diet to keep them healthy.' -This is the not accepting aid message

Fuzzbuckets edit on one of briartrainers messages:

"You pick up a scroll labeled _X_ and see sketches and information about dragons. There is a note on the scroll that says 'You may warm my eggs and feed the hatchlings.'

Pokemonfan13s Edit on Fuzzbuckets:

"You may warm my eggs and feed the hatchlings if they look cold and hungry."

If you have more suggestions please post them. I can edit them into the post section and we can pick through them and see which ones would work best. Sadako made a point that the messages could also be revamped a little so it's more clear on the word aid as some people don't understand that means other websites/forums/ect. so that could be added in to a message.

Please keep in mind we are trying to keep this short, warm and friendly as to not give off the message as to "Stay the [beep] off my scroll!!!11!" so keep that in mind when making a suggestion! smile.gif

There was also a suggestion of making this optional on specific eggs/hatchlings as well. (credit goes to rayden54)

What do you people think? If so we'd need some message like "You may warm these eggs and hatchlings (xxxxx, xXxxX) but not (xXXXx, XxXXx). Please do not add the ones not accepting help/aid"

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

My suggestion is bit different from this thread, but somewhat related so I think I need to post here instead of new thread? Please correct me if I'm wrong about that. I personally think (and how it appeared to me) the not accepting aid msg is too generic. Accepting aid msg clearly talks about "THIS SCROLL" - this particular person who's scroll you're viewing. But the not accepting aid msg seems like a generic warning what not to do and doesn't clearly specify that the person whose scroll is being viewed atm is not accepting aid, and if it's still done, it will be against the rules. I think many members do not get the message at all and save the dragons genuinely trying to help but doing otherwise. I have had this problem myself and I do not like fogging my eggs unless there is really strictly requirement to do so (like sickness). Any helpful changes to the existing aid system will be more than appreciated, specially modifying the not accepting aid message to make it more clear cut and leaving no scope for confusion.. Well that's my two cents, anyway. happy.gif

Sorry if this post needs to be somewhere else, I'm not much acquainted with this section of forum.

Edited by Amaterasu-sama

My suggestion is bit different from this thread, but somewhat related so I think I need to post here instead of new thread? Please correct me if I'm wrong about that. I personally think (and how it appeared to me) the not accepting aid msg is too generic. Accepting aid msg clearly talks about "THIS SCROLL" - this particular person who's scroll you're viewing. But the not accepting aid msg seems like a generic warning what not to do and doesn't clearly specify that the person whose scroll is being viewed atm is not accepting aid, and if it's still done, it will be against the rules. I think many members do not get the message at all and save the dragons genuinely trying to help but doing otherwise. I have had this problem myself and I do not like fogging my eggs unless there is really strictly requirement to do so (like sickness). Any helpful changes to the existing aid system will be more than appreciated, specially modifying the not accepting aid message to make it more clear cut and leaving no scope for confusion.. Well that's my two cents, anyway. happy.gif

Sorry if this post needs to be somewhere else, I'm not much acquainted with this section of forum.

You sound interested in this suggestion: http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=92115 :3

Yeah you sound like you need to visit the link Sock provided. This is just to move the message up to the top of scrolls so it's more visible. If you want to make a suggestion though for this one feel free to add one. We could use all the help we can get to come up with good suggestions.

Could we please get this message on the top of the scroll? I just had someone dump my whole scroll in a hatchery and thus ER'ed an egg that was a planned gift and is too soon to send to the recipiant. I didn't want that egg hatched yet. Truly annnoying it happened just before I checked my scroll today, the hatchling was at 7days when I looked so they just did it!

This is not the first time someone apparently trying to be "helpful" has done this even though I have "Please note that it is against the site rules to give aid to a user without their permission." on the individual dragon pages.

I would say I rest my case but I NEVER rest my case xd.png

This is exactly why we need this.

Could we please get this message on the top of the scroll? I just had someone dump my whole scroll in a hatchery and thus ER'ed an egg that was a planned gift and is too soon to send to the recipiant. I didn't want that egg hatched yet. Truly annnoying it happened just before I checked my scroll today, the hatchling was at 7days when I looked so they just did it!

This is not the first time someone apparently trying to be "helpful" has done this even though I have "Please note that it is against the site rules to give aid to a user without their permission." on the individual dragon pages.

Yep this is a perfect example of why this is needed. People don't listen to that message or bother to check half the time. Then things like this happen or even worse.

Could we please get this message on the top of the scroll?  I just had someone dump my whole scroll in a hatchery and thus ER'ed an egg that was a planned gift and is too soon to send to the recipiant.  I didn't want that egg hatched yet.  Truly annnoying it happened just before I checked my scroll today,  the hatchling was at 7days when I looked so they just did it!

The person attacking my scroll is stepping up frequency. They were happy with once a day, tonight I found my scroll added again against my wishes for a second time today.

I wonder if it even matters what might be said on the scroll or dragon's view page. What we really need is a hide growing option on our scroll settings.

I know I could hide scroll entirely but that will knock me out of some collecting projects I participate in if they can't verify submitted dragons are on my scroll. For those projects growing dragons don't matter, what counts are adult and frozen. I really hate that I am at the mercy of some nameless person who decided to attack my scroll and my only option is to stop doing the things that I find enjoyable here. (If I am forced to hide entire scroll.)

Dracaena, I'm sorry to say it, but you really need to hide your scroll. It prevents people from adding your eggs to fansites or finding them at all. Just unhide it when you want to add them to a fansite or add the codes individually if the fansite allows it.

Dracaena, I'm sorry to say it, but you really need to hide your scroll.  It prevents people from adding your eggs to fansites or finding them at all.  Just unhide it when you want to add them to a fansite or add the codes individually if the fansite allows it.

That will prevent me from getting credit for the save the rares and growing green submissions I need to post this evening. sad.gif Not really viable. This keeps up about the only thing to do is quit playing if I can't do the things that are fun for me.

Wow, that sinks. Sounds like the jerk really knew who to target...

Once you do what you need your scroll visible for, take a break from it. Hide your scroll for a month, maybe two if you want to be really safe. The jerk will hopefully loose interest by then.

I know it isn't the best solution, but this concept wouldn't help either, because the person is obviously maliciously adding your scroll, not innocently trying to help.

The only other option is to fog everything the moment you get it and add them to multiple ERs once they reach ER status, then fog them again once they hatch. Again, they would hopefully loose interest because they can't do any damage.

That will prevent me from getting credit for the save the rares and growing green submissions I need to post this evening.  sad.gif  Not really viable.  This keeps up about the only thing to do is quit playing if I can't do the things that are fun for me.

Talk to the people in charge of your projects and say for the time being you have to hide your scroll. If it keeps up I'd go to TJ and explain and request a scroll name change and give the link out to the people who do the projects only.

I know the last part is a stretch to do but this is rather stupid. I'd hide it for a bit anyway maybe that will get whoever it is to stop.

Doing what PokemonFan13 said is a good idea too. Even if it's just temp it should get them to stop. I'd also remove any links to the scroll in that time so maybe whoever it is loses the name.

Sorry for all the issues you been having. If you need help let me know I'll try to help.

Also take the red text out of your signature. I had one like that and the person kept coming back and adding my dragons. All that does is encourage them cuz they know they are getting to you. Hide the scroll for a week or so and take that out along with any links to it. That's what I did and they stopped.

I would like to suggest that the not accepting aid message be changed from

"(Please note that it is against the site rules to give aid to a user without their permission.)"

to

"(Please note that it is against the site rules to post a user's growing creatures on another site without their permission.)"

I've always found the current message to have confusion-potential for new players, as they might get the impression that they can't even LOOK at someone else's dragons without getting in trouble, which is certainly not the case. I think the second message would make it much clearer what you're not allowed to do. I don't think there'd be any concern about it not being "roleplay" worded enough, seeing as the current sentence already makes use of the word site.

*completely agrees*

To me, it's always been an issue of, how many newbies know what "give aid" actually means?? They honestly might not realize that ER-ing a low-time egg is still "giving aid" even if the egg is low-timed, etc etc. Actually spelling out *what* it is that users aren't supposed to do would be *wonderful*.

This is more for adding a message to the top of the scroll where everyone views it and not editing the message that is already on the page.

I fully agree with that though just this is mostly for one on the top of them. Maybe we could take suggestions on editing that later on?

I am for this as I am getting sick of my eggs getting sick from being view bombed and put in help sites when it states in my sig not to do so.

I would be glad to see any wording at the top of the scroll about Not accepting aid.

"Not accepting aid, do not add to other sites" in big bright letters as an option would be nice. If it isn't there, you can help the person.

I think this idea is completely acceptable. I may not use it, but it would certainly be helpful for others!

I think this idea is completely acceptable. I may not use it, but it would certainly be helpful for others!

Would you not like people to know whether you do or don't accept aid ???

*puzzled*