demonicvampiregirl

Accepting/Not Accepting Aid at the top of Scrolls

Something to clear up confusion would definitely be good. I had to instruct my little sister on how to put accepting aid on, because she was asking me for help but had no idea that she didn't have it on so I could help.

If there is a clear NO. message, then it would be easier to differentiate against the newbies and the players who know what they are doing.

I personally accept aid, but I have always felt the no aid message was very ambigious.

Something to clear up confusion would definitely be good. I had to instruct my little sister on how to put accepting aid on, because she was asking me for help but had no idea that she didn't have it on so I could help.

If there is a clear NO. message, then it would be easier to differentiate against the newbies and the players who know what they are doing.

I personally accept aid, but I have always felt the no aid message was very ambigious.

Something that has must occurred to me; if it shows on YOUR scroll page that you do/don't accept aid, that would be a reminder that you have a choice....

Indeed you did ! Mods please merge ! (search is disabled - I did try smile.gif)

Luckily it was in my history still! -lol- So yeah I obviously support this. xd.png

"You pick up the scroll labeled “[NAME]” and see small sketches of dragons along with information about them. You notice something else is written in next to the name, and peer in closer to read it.

"This user does not want aid."

OR

"Please note that it is against the site rules to give aid to a user without their permission."

OR

"This user is accepting aid.""

The first message actually might just work.

I'm totally for this; I absolutely hate it when people put my stuff in the ER without permission. Anything to make it more clear would be great. Some days I wish I could just post it in huge red letters across the top of my scroll, but that ain't happening xd.png

Question: would there be a way to make it harder for people to get the codes if someone doesn't want help?

Like, the getcode page would be the same, but uses a special URL, instead of just using the dragons ID. And it wouldn't do it for people who want help.

Edited by lindsy95

Yes. And it should be indicated more clearly, as well. Perhaps in red.

Question: would there be a way to make it harder for people to get the codes if someone doesn't want help?

Like, the getcode page would be the same, but uses a special URL, instead of just using the dragons ID. And it wouldn't do it for people who want help.

A lot of people help (or viewbomb) by adding them into hatcheries that only need a dragon's code. The only way to prevent people from being able to take those codes and stuff them into whatever hatcheries they like would be to totally change how either the code system or the hatchery systems work (and one change on either side would mandate a change on the other). I think that'd be too confusing, and too much work. ;____;

I'm only for this under these three conditions:

1. The message is easy to miss (i.e. no bold, no italic, no underline, no colored text, same size as normal text, put in the scroll message instead of a separate sentence)

2. Only logged-in users can view it

3. Only gold trophies can display the message

I agree with the first condition (mostly because I don't want obtrusive, ugly, in-your-face text), but the latter two kind of hurt the cause, don't they? A random person who isn't logged in but decides to "help" would never see the message, and people with lower trophy levels (the people who are the least likely to know how to protect their eggs) wouldn't get the added benefit at all.

3. Only gold trophies can display the message (i.e. an option that only gold trophy owners can set, default off)

I've been able to take perfect care of my eggs even before reaching the 200 dragons mark, and I NEVER wanted help from other users, Why add such limitation?

Support. Don't care if it doesn't look nice, I got viewbombed twice within the time I've joined and it is obnoxious.

EDIT: Just saw the gold trophy thing, and to that I say, WHAT? What does a trophy have to do with anything? One could have 10 healthy dragons as a beginner and they're not eligible because they have no trophy? Oh dear.

Statement withdrawn!

Edited by MagnusMango

I don't like ANY of those conditions, personally.

1. If it's easy to miss, then what's the point of even putting it in? The whole POINT is that it's supposed to be seen, not easily missed. It should, at the very least, be italicized like it is on the dragon page.

2. No point to having it, again, if the people who want to "help" are not logged in.

3. No point to having it, yet again, if somebody who knew how to take care of their eggs from the start is having people "help" them against their desires. You don't need a gold trophy to know full well how to properly care for your eggs.

1. If it's easy to miss, then what's the point of even putting it in? The whole POINT is that it's supposed to be seen, not easily missed. It should, at the very least, be italicized like it is on the dragon page.

2. No point to having it, again, if the people who want to "help" are not logged in.

3. No point to having it, yet again, if somebody who knew how to take care of their eggs from the start is having people "help" them against their desires. You don't need a gold trophy to know full well how to properly care for your eggs.

I agree with this post completely. x3 I was going to type something up myself in response, but now I don't have to.

+1 post of supporting

3. Only gold trophies can display the message (i.e. an option that only gold trophy owners can set, default off)

Wait, so you're saying that even though I've been on the cave for 3+ years, the fact I haven't got a gold trophy means that I don't know how to look after my dragons and should allow other people to add them to hatcheries- despite the fact that I don't add eggs to hatcheries for a few days at least, and have never had an egg die on me since I first started playing- yet I HAVE had them get sick because other people put them in when they were first bred?

yeah. suuuuuure. Of course the only people with this issue are gold trophy owners. that makes a LOT of sense.

1.  If it's easy to miss, then what's the point of even putting it in?  The whole POINT is that it's supposed to be seen, not easily missed.  It should, at the very least, be italicized like it is on the dragon page.

2.  No point to having it, again, if the people who want to "help" are not logged in.

3.  No point to having it, yet again, if somebody who knew how to take care of their eggs from the start is having people "help" them against their desires.  You don't need a gold trophy to know full well how to properly care for your eggs.

this, basically.

Edited by dracocharky

Yeah, those "conditions" pretty much make the suggestion worthless.

If you are really so opposed to the suggestion, maybe have a way you can "opt-out" of having the message on the front of your own scroll?

But limiting other users by saying only gold trophies can have it.... That's pretty much the *opposite* of what we are trying to do here. The main problem is that many users see *newbies*, decide they probably don't know how to take care of their dragons, and "help" them regardless of if it's wanted. With your suggestion, those newbies would still have that same problem.

I'm only for this under these three conditions:

1. The message is easy to miss (i.e. no bold, no italic, no underline, no colored text, same size as normal text, put in the scroll message instead of a separate sentence)

2. Only logged-in users can view it (i.e. message does not even display to logged-out users regardless if it is actually set)

Can you explain WHY these conditions should apply ? They seem to make no sense at all.... unsure.gif

Seeing as though my new holiday eggs are now sick, thanks to SOMEONE who either didn't see the no-aid message on the individual egg pages or else just didn't care, I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY support a VERY VISIBLE aid-status on the scroll.

Can you explain WHY these conditions should apply ? They seem to make no sense at all.... unsure.gif

I just can't support the idea.

It may be worse than forced pagination.

I'm a bronze trophy and ive been playing for god knows how long. (i keep taking hiatuses, missing tons of holidays drags and making my scroll small)(no seriously, look at my forum id) i havent had viewbombers or unwanted help and i dont have this on, but i do think you can be bronze/silver/no trophy and know full well how to play

Edited by pika7

I just can't support the idea.

It may be worse than forced pagination.

Can you explain WHY? It's really bad when someone expresses absolute dislike of an idea without giving the creator any idea why they dislike it so much. If nothing else it means that there is no chance that they could adjust it to make it not so distasteful to you if you don't tell them why you find it distasteful..

So... It's just bad. Period.

Honestly, I find it hard to believe. Everything has a reason why it is bad. Even the things that everyone immediately shoots down [the closest thing to intrinsically bad I can think of] they can give reasons as to why they dislike it.

So...  It's just bad.  Period.

Serious.

Having to see no aid messages will be worse than having to split scrolls into pages every 500 dragons.

And I hated forced pagination.

Edited by James1011