demonicvampiregirl

Accepting/Not Accepting Aid at the top of Scrolls

I would go for this only if you yourself don't see it on your scroll.

I also think a third, stronger option would be nice(as long as it is not default). I don't think it helps that there can be doubt about whether or not a person really doesn't want help.

No - it needs to be RIGHT UP THERE - not in a description box. Which is something I would never want to use, as it WOULD be intrusive - unless you had to click to see it - which would lose the point of having the aid/no aid message RIGHT THERE UP FRONT.

Who cares if it "looks intrusive" ? when the alternative could be deaths....

Just add it to the print that is there.

You pick up the scroll labeled “----,” and see small sketches of dragons along with information about them.

The owner of this scroll does not want help raising their dragons. Please do not try to help them in any way.

Something like that.

And - Nectaris - you don't see the

You pick up the scroll labeled “----,” and see small sketches of dragons along with information about them.

on your own scroll, so that should work...

Edited by fuzzbucket

I agree that there needs to be a stronger worded option available, and I also support this idea.

One problem is that people see the "not accepting aid" message and assume that it's a newbie who doesn't know enough to switch to the "accepting aid" message because it's the default. We need a default "against the rules to help without permission", a "this person wants help", and a "this person does NOT want help under any circumstances" to get rid of the assumption.

One problem is that people see the "not accepting aid" message and assume that it's a newbie who doesn't know enough to switch to the "accepting aid" message because it's the default. We need a default "against the rules to help without permission", a "this person wants help", and a "this person does NOT want help under any circumstances" to get rid of the assumption.

^This. This is what I was trying to say, just worded better than me.

I agree that there needs to be a stronger worded option available, and I also support this idea.

Yes, I completely agree. And I think fuzzbucket's suggestion of where it could go works just fine. smile.gif This is something I definitely support.

I support all of this; the aid thing needs to be more prominent and have the three options that Pokemonfan is talkin' about. biggrin.gif

YES.

I agree this needs to be there, I just came on to check on my hatchlings and for the first time ever I had to fog a hatchling because instead of the usual 1,500-3,900 veiws typical for a hatchling my Sunset hatchling, a stage 1 no less, had over 12,000 veiws.

No - it needs to be RIGHT UP THERE - not in a description box. Which is something I would never want to use, as it WOULD be intrusive - unless you had to click to see it - which would lose the point of having the aid/no aid message RIGHT THERE UP FRONT.

Who cares if it "looks intrusive" ? when the alternative could be deaths....

That's why I can't support this idea. It would be out-of-character.

Edited by James1011

I support this, it's a good idea, IMO!

YES.

I agree this needs to be there, I just came on to check on my hatchlings and for the first time ever I had to fog a hatchling because instead of the usual 1,500-3,900 veiws typical for a hatchling my Sunset hatchling, a stage 1 no less, had over 12,000 veiws.

Wow, really? Mine, the SAME kind of dragon, has over 17`000. o.o Back then I had the "not accepting aid" intentionally on because I wasn't sure about the lengths eggs/dragons could take in terms of views, but that still happened.

I really would like to see this, because whether it's good or bad intentions, it can be really dangerous.

That's why I can't support this idea. It would be out-of-character.

How would it be "out of character"? When we look at another person's scroll, we already see

What's out of character about also seeing something scratched into the scroll about not wanting help raising their dragons? We know that we can write on scrolls, so why not write that?

What's out of character about also seeing something scratched into the scroll about not wanting help raising their dragons? We know that we can write on scrolls, so why not write that?

Like, how would that be indicated without messing with the charm of DC?

I don't like the idea currently, even if it was an option requiring a gold trophy to even see to put the status in a hidden box at the bottom of the scroll.

Edited by James1011

Interesting. However, even though I do accept aid, since I'm on pretty much everyday constantly to make sure my eggs/hatchlings don't get sick, I can see this definitely helping out people who don't want it!

I support~ :3

I totally agree with this.

I also want to mention that SUN eggs are a special case. They can only hatch in certain time windows. To get a Sunrise Dragon, you want the egg to hatch between 6 am and 12 noon Eastern Time. To get a Sunset Dragon, you want the egg to hatch between 6 pm and 12 midnight Eastern Time. You don't want to ER these eggs outside those windows, because they can get enough views to kill the egg or cause the hatchling to be sick. Some hatcheries automatically ER eggs when they get below 4 days left, and if it is outside their hatching windows, it will look like they were view bombed. Sun eggs always need extra care.

I fully support this. I had a tinsel get sick not too long ago because someone decided to add it to several hatch sites. The same thing happened with one of my vampires. Sometimes, especially with rare eggs, I do not like to put my eggs anywhere until they have reached 3d 23h. I guess people just assume I'm ignoring them and going to let them die *sigh*.

Anyways, I would love an option for this. I'm tired of people assuming that I'm going to let my eggs die. Just leave my eggs alone.

Like, how would that be indicated without messing with the charm of DC?

I don't like the idea currently, even if it was an option requiring a gold trophy to even see to put the status in a hidden box at the bottom of the scroll.

I think we can break the "charm of DC" to help handle a real problem... People do add eggs without permission, and some could very well not be doing so if the message was more visible.

I think we can break the "charm of DC" to help handle a real problem... People do add eggs without permission, and some could very well not be doing so if the message was more visible.

THIS.

I honestly don't see how an in-scroll notice would break the "charm" of DC to begin with, but when we are talking about dragons *Dying* because users try to "help" (and yes, they do die sometimes), I think we can make a tiny exception when it comes to "charm".

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

We draw all over our scrolls already to record dragon information, how is adding a note at the top that we don't want other people feeding them and sitting on our eggs for us a bad thing?

This would not stop intentional viewbombings, but it would very likely cut back on accidental 'assistance' and people getting involved where their assistance is not desired- such as interrupting someone elses ND experiment because they think the owner has simply forgotten the eggs or something and does not notice the 'no aid' option is showing on said eggs.

"You pick up the scroll labeled “[NAME]” and see small sketches of dragons along with information about them. You notice something else is written in next to the name, and peer in closer to read it.

"This user does not want aid."

OR

"Please note that it is against the site rules to give aid to a user without their permission."

OR

"This user is accepting aid.""

It wouldn't be very intrusive, and while it might be a bit "out of character," it's already the same message you see on every dragon's page, so it's not being any more out of character then things already are. I suppose you could make it a more "in-character" friendly message (ex: "Please help me care for my dragons!" instead of the third message I listed) if you wanted, though. But really, people can already have silly things like magikarps shown at the top of their scroll, at this point how necessary is it to make everything "in-character?" <X'D

That being said--I care more about getting a firm "do not help my dragons" message then I care about having it displayed on my main scroll page. It'd probably be rather intimidating a message to new users... but hey, the "against the rules" default is already pretty scary (new users might think it means DON'T EVEN LOOK AT MY SCROLL EVER as opposed to please don't add them to hatcheries on me).

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

I support this 100%. I for one actually like aid but I would love to have this if I ever change my mind. People who don't want aid typcally know what they are doing. The message should be loud and clear so there is no confusion.

Support wholeheartedly.

I personally accept aid, and haven't had a problem with it so far, but then again I'm stupidly active.

People shouldn't have to go to ridiculous lengths or check their scrolls constantly to keep their dragons from dieing to well intentioned but unwanted aid.

A clearly worded, discreet notice at the top of the scroll seems like it would be more effective than solely on the view pages.

I'll never argue with having a ticky box to click if you want to add that poll.

I'll never argue with having a ticky box to click if you want to add that poll.

OK - ticky boxes added xd.png