pinkgothic

An ode to lineaged unbreedables

@ pinkgothic

I'd very much appreciate assistance!

The wave would be an interesting lineage, that's for sure! I don't think I've seen them around, double step/spiral yes but no waves.

I need to name my dragons with something easier to remember. Dovahzul is great but hard on the brain to pronounce (for me anyway). 1DJv is probably one of the few dragons I have with frills in the lineage, especially PB ones.

I've got a few lineages that might make lovely Vampires, will have to give them a go before Valentine's breeding begins, or at least start finding mates for the lower gen ones. Maybe these?

Gold x Hellfire

Wrapping Wing x Bleeding Moon

Yulebuck x Bleeding Moon - I can actually make that get to the next gen if I had a mate for this.

Alternating Seasonal - Probably best paired to another Summer and then turn the offspring.

Balloon x Bleeding Moon a Vampire from this line would be amazing!

Hmm. Muahahaha. I should probably start looking for mates for some of these dragons I have. If anyone wants Vamps with a lineage like that (well not the Balloon one, I don't have an appropriate mate), I'd be happy to give it a shot next time they're able to breed.

I'm hoping to make some more Zombies this year. Might actually look into creating some lineaged ones, we'll see how that goes though, the year before last I had a 0% success rate which crushed my soul into little pieces. xd.png

Those lineages all look really gorgeous. ohmy.gif

If you want lineages with Frills, I have one CB frill. smile.gif I also have a bit of an army of vampires (though a lot of said army are Montagues and thus not super useful for gifting outside of said project).

Good luck with those zombies!

I oh-so-nearly had a ND from a Holly x Holly pairing this Christmas, but alas it was not to be (dratted thing died on me after turning). ;A; But there's next year, oh yes! And also Valentine's! tongue.gif

@ pinkgothic:

Oh wow. People make Vampire lineage projects? I need to do this. Except I like the description of the Capulets better. Thank you for linking that, it's an interesting project.

If it won't impose on you to provide an egg from a Frill, I'd very much appreciate it! If you'd like any lineaged eggs from my scroll, I'll be happy to breed and bite them. Most of the lineages on my scroll are checkers, so not quite as much character as the colour shift ones (which are lovely!).

@ Amazon_warrior

Fingers crossed that you're able to make an ND for this Valentine's, it'll look amazing if it works!

I actually prefer lineaged unbreedable to CBs. I find them more interesting, and were I one to make descriptions, I could have a ball doing them for my Vamps, making stories for how they got abducted from their families, or accidentally pushed from the nest and converted.

My Vampires are legion, and a majority are lineaged, including my first, which I had actually specially bred to get bit shortly after the original Vampires got the bite function available. Many are long and messily lineaged.

Fuil Ceo was my first.

Dluthteaghlach Fuil is somewhat spectacularly inbred.

Captain Jack Thuwed My first Thuwed, but is also inbred.

I also was doing a private Supernatural lineage, and had a bit of a problem getting the right breed I wanted for the Boys, so Sam & Dean have a number of Vampire siblings as you can see here.

The one sibling you can't see is MarySue Winchester. In spite of her name, she was a true Winchester...she ducked the blade in 18 attempts spanning 2 Halloweens before I managed to get her.

Sam was also a bad boy with Ruby, and this was the result.

I also have some very pretty Tinselkin and Shimmerkin Vampires:

Fuil An Mhainistir

As Fuil cabri Ar

And my last little undead horrors who are lineaged:

Eating Raoul has a spectacularly busy lineage.

Constable Reg Shoe also has a long and colorful family tree.

My other Zombies are CBs, but then they were chosen for their codes. And as of yet, no Neglecteds.

I prefer beautiful or rare lineages, although I merrily take in all types of vampires.

It does bother people I will go off and purposefully bite a beautiful shimmer lineage, but I won't breed it. I want the lineage for what it looks like and I terminate it with a vampire. I love these.

Friends have given me vampries from PB golds and Silvers, I generally take a new vampire per holiday season..

ANd best of all, I recently got a Neglected that was created from a vampire. The code in the name of the neglected is the code of the vampire that bit it, so I can "prove" its origins as the "bitten by" is gone from neglecteds.

So for me, where CB's are nice, they have no proof if they were rare once. Lineaged can give me the opportunity to collect members of various breeds in vampire form.

I prefer beautiful or rare lineages, although I merrily take in all types of vampires.

It does bother people I will go off and purposefully bite a beautiful shimmer lineage, but I won't breed it. I want the lineage for what it looks like and I terminate it with a vampire. I love these.

Friends have given me vampries from PB golds and Silvers, I generally take a new vampire per holiday season..

ANd best of all, I recently got a Neglected that was created from a vampire. The code in the name of the neglected is the code of the vampire that bit it, so I can "prove" its origins as the "bitten by" is gone from neglecteds.

So for me, where CB's are nice, they have no proof if they were rare once. Lineaged can give me the opportunity to collect members of various breeds in vampire form.

This is how I feel about lineaged NDs! Nothing "finishes off" a really pretty lineage than a lovely greenie at the end of it. tongue.gif And it's fun to see a lineage and have a good idea of what breed was used.

I love lineaged NDs. Of my 4, 2 of them are lineaged- one of those, I made myself, and the other, I traded for. The CB ones are nice, but they were gifts, not something I intentionally sought out.

I still need a lineaged male ND to finish off my collection x3

I quite like lineages of The Terror Knight and Lady Shang-Shang, actually! smile.gif Never thought to pair reds with stones, but that actually looks really pretty for a male vampire lineage. biggrin.gif

Louis' family is a nice, little inner joke.

This one, instead, is quite interesting. I was AP hunting for my own messy lineage and dropped a little White egg because I didn't need it; later that evening I clicked a Vampire egg and a look at the mother's name confirmed it was the egg I had abandoned. Feeling guilty, I decided to adopt and raise it.

The strange thing is, that evening I had watched Van Helsing and Underworld. The egg was destined to find a home on my scroll.

I like unbreedables with a lineage. The only reason I don't do them as often as caveborn is because people keep releasing them to the wild when they are auto abandoned. I had one that was caveborn bitten by a Dorkface that was also sent to the wilderness. Here are some of my lineaged Vamps as I still don't have a neglected yet.

http://dragcave.net/lineage/k1Uh

http://dragcave.net/lineage/O0FK

http://dragcave.net/lineage/EHsCM

Honestly, I would be happy with any ND whether it was from a messy lineage or even inbred as I had been trying for years to make one.

Louis' family is a nice, little inner joke.

This one, instead, is quite interesting. I was AP hunting for my own messy lineage and dropped a little White egg because I didn't need it; later that evening I clicked a Vampire egg and a look at the mother's name confirmed it was the egg I had abandoned. Feeling guilty, I decided to adopt and raise it.

The strange thing is, that evening I had watched Van Helsing and Underworld. The egg was destined to find a home on my scroll.

That ex-white lineage is really gorgeous, too. While I prefer spirals to stairs, personally, I do like gradient lineages. Here's a marrow example of what I mean; here's a gold example.

@osean: Sorry to hear about the wilderness tales. sad.gif I like Damon's lineage colours, even if the lineage is a bit short! happy.gif Makes me wonder if I should start building a longer lineage much like it for biting purposes. biggrin.gif

Edit: Oh, durrh! I've also got new lineages I ought to mention! happy.gif They're all Count Project additions.

user posted imageCount Sanguine is especially gorgeous, a perfect red dorsal x marrow checker. I picked him up as a purple dorsal from the AP. The egg really, really wanted to be bitten. Such a handsome vampire!

user posted imageCount Tau is a 14th generation perfect bronze tinsel / harvest stair. I'm impressed! It's not often that I find pretty lineages that go past one lineage page view.

user posted imageCountess Vespa is a 4G vampire with a really interesting lineage (at least in my opinion). It looks like a perfect spiral on first glance, but is really not quite anything at all. I like it. biggrin.gif

user posted imageCount Nurmi was VampiricOmen's biting idea; another high-gen perfect checker. Hnngh. So gorgeous. biggrin.gif

user posted imageCountess Nerene, meanwhile, is also from VampiricOmen. I squeed a bit, because arrows are basically my favourite lineage shape. They're really only 'useful' for unbreedables, but oh my gosh do they look nice! I'm glad to have this girl, even if the lineage is a bit short and the arrow shape thus not that pronounced. It also has a very nice colour gradient going on there.

Edited by pinkgothic

I prefer CB vampires because I like to trace the "bitten by" 'lineage' back. However, for neglecteds and zombies, it doesn't matter to me what the lineage is. I'll never look at the lineage, just at the sprite. If it is lineaged, I would actually prefer an unbreedable be messy, though. It means there is one less messy dragon being bred, and a nice line wasn't destroyed in experimenting. It always saddens me a bit to see a perfect checker lineage unbreedable. Even if it was a metal fail, people might have been looking for that exact one. I love to find checker fails in the AP, departures thread, or even for trade because I like to keep the successes for myself. The problem is that I always end up keeping them and not a fail, so then I have to look elsewhere for a mate. xd.png

I really like a neat lineage to the unbreedables to. For my first zombies I went out of my way to get splits and drakes:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/MZUd6 (split)

http://dragcave.net/lineage/ICgsF (drake)

Unfortunately, a lot of my neglecteds and vampires are CB, but here are the two I like:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/R7XL ( the look of the names make for an interesting lineage)

http://dragcave.net/lineage/BO9j

None that I can pull out of my head, but I would DIE for a lineaged ND!

I got some more lineaged vampires the past couple of years! ^_^ Picking a few of those to show here:

This%20egg%20is%20stone%20cold%20and%20s Frostcoal - a 2G from Winya <3

This%20egg%20is%20stone%20cold%20and%20s Count Nightshade - a 4G purebred deepsea turned vampire~

This%20egg%20is%20stone%20cold%20and%20s Countess Tachyon - a fairly long perfect silver shimmer x moonstone spiral

This%20egg%20is%20stone%20cold%20and%20s Count Rust - many rainbow, so wow!

This%20egg%20is%20stone%20cold%20and%20s Countess Chelicera - 4G black tea x Arsani checker

I haven't been biting very much lately. Looking at my collection, though, I should totally change that. There are so many lineages that look good when topped off with vampires... :D

Edit: Huh! Going back through this thread, it looks like I never mentioned these acquisitions (or I'm blind)! @_@

This%20egg%20is%20very%20sickly%20lookin Threadwoven

This%20egg%20is%20very%20sickly%20lookin Galactive

Both arrows. ❤️

Edited by pinkgothic

All I have is one vampire with a lineage so far. I attempted to bite into this lineage, but sadly, my vampire was too inexperienced. In his eagerness, he only managed to make scrambled eggs.

5th gen flamingo x gold checker

Edited by Verandi