TwilightMoonDragon

Shadows OCC | Accepting

So, from now, I'm thinking, what? Thirty years? That would put the oldest of gen 2 at fifteen when they take over. If we did forty, the oldest would be twenty five before the fifteen jump.

So if from now, it's forty years, then clearly the oldest would be forty. But we want them to be young and active, yes? So how old would they be when they try to take over? That fifteen year jump after all that really throws off the math. It'd have to be significantly shorter, like one or two, or five, if we want them to not be all old.

So then, thirty years from now it'll all go down. Twenty five years 'till they start to take over and five years after we'll get the band back together. Sounds good.

I'm thinking of Aero dying soon after Ceto and orphaning the children, then in silence his ghost teaches at least the son I am going to control how to be an assassin, like how to do the leap of faith. Maybe he will find the HQ after the Creed falls. Aero will take his son to many places throughout Europe, places where Aero learned valuable lessons. And such will be the Octavian tradition happy.gif because after all, Aero is technically an Octavian, he just renounced his father's name.

I thought about the Absence Theory a little, you know, you're gone and more people post when you're gone than when you're on. I thought about the reason why.

The time you are on is a lot shorter in comparison to when you aren't. When you are checking quite often you may get one or two posts from other people before you occupy your time with something else while you wait for a relevant post. Now this is the same for each and every person who is on. Now, the amount of Absentee time throughout the course of the day is determined by what you have going on. I know that at least 3 individuals have school, 3 individuals have a job or multiple jobs, whether or not school is thrown in there is unknown, and the rest are unknown to me, so school, generally eats up 5-9 hours in a day, depending on where you go and what classes your taking. Jobs are different, they can be up to 28 hours in a week if you're under 18 and going to school, 48 hours if you're under 18 and not in school and then up to 48 hours+ at any time if you're over 18. So that's about 8-10 hours a day and that can be at earlier or later times than school. Now the people who have school (which will include me) are on generally around the same time frame. Same for those who have work. Now access to a decent device capable of making posts that meet requirements to contribute to the roleplay and amount of time after a standard 11 o'clock bedtime (for those who like to get 7-8 hours of sleep at night) also factor in. And finally the timezone the user is in is huge.

So... assume TMD, Mousie and I all go to school from 8 AM to 3PM, I live on the east coast, so I go by EST, Mousie lives on the great plains (this is hypothetical wink.gif ) so she goes by Central Time, and TMD lives in LA so she goes by PST. Mousie would be an hour behind me and TMD would be 3 hours behind me. Now assuming we all stayed on when we could for a total of 4 hours after school. I would have to wait 1 hour for Mousie to get on, so I would only have 3 hours that I'm on, Mousie would have 4, another 2 hours and TMD would be on. I only have an hour in which I am on while both Mousie and TMD are on. Now, Mousie wouldn't experience this Absentee effect here because I would be on alone for that 1 hour. But TMD would experience the Absentee effect in direct relation to the fact that both Mousie and I were on together for 2 hours before she was. So TMD has 4 hours on now, Mousie has 2 and I'm no longer online. So, I would experience the Absentee effect in direct relation to the 2 hours TMD and Mousie were on together while I was away plus anyone else who might now come on AFTER I leave. Mousie and TMD would experience the same effect as I would after they left.

Long read xd.png I know, but it's a more "scientific" reason for the Absentee Theory. xd.pngxd.png

Edited by Danniphantom

I'm thinking Cullen will scare the snot out of his kid. He'll just be sitting in the living room, sipping some ghostly tea, then his son will walk in. He won't have contact with the child while he's dead. But he'll make sure he went through the same training he did. From, like, six.

Kinda like Desmond. Or I think Aelia?

I edited my post above if anyone wants to read my long explanation of our Absentee Effect xd.png

Ha! Aelia? Boy, they didn't think she'd live long, so they probably wouldn've trained her from younger than six. But alas, she would die much older than expected. Though...I think she'll be very frail towards the end of her life. You know, the torture...

Oh, I don't think the TS should be fifteen years. Perhaps thirteen or fourteen, but fifteen would put the oldest G2s at over thirty. That doesn't give them too much legroom. Yes, I'm being kind of OCD, but those particular years used to matter a hell of a lot more than they do now.

Edit: That made my brain melt. But, uh, I live in EST time, for future reference. Just so you know and don't get frustrated or something. Knowing timezones is helpful.

Anyhow...

Danni, have you considered a future in science or psychology? I would strongly suggest looking into those fields.

Edited by Mousia

Mousie, explain your math to me. I'm thinking from the point of now. Like right now in the Rp. That's what I'm using as a reference. I'm also assuming they'll be twenty five when they do the TS (assuming we jump from when we're done with Gen 1 to then) I'm also thinking of thirty five as: you might as well be old and kinda out phased by your children. I'm trying to place them at late twenties/early thirties when it all happens so romances and gen 3 can happen. When would a thirteen year jump fit in?

Also, Danni. You seem to have a bit if time to think on this. I'll get around to reading it eventually xd.png .

Edited by Dusset

I thought about being an Astronomer for a long time but within the past couple years my interests shifted and I've grown more knowledgeable in Computer Science. I have a plan already laid out for what I am going to do. I don't have colleges or places where I want to live planned but this is what I have:

I am going to graduate High School in June with my Regents with Honor (a NY thing) Diploma and then I am going to go to college and get into the AFROTC (Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps) so I can hopefully be a pilot. I am going to graduate college with two majors, one in Computer Science, the other in Computer Graphics Design. Then I am going to pay off my time in ROTC with service in the Air Force as a fighter jet pilot. I'll do that for 4-8 years and then I am going to see if I can get a job flying the drones in the Air Force for at least another 12-16 years totaling to at least 20 years of service in the Air Force, I'll retire with full benefits from the AF and then I'll be about 40 years old. I'll still be quite young and be able to put in another 20-30 years working at maybe a video game developer like Ubisoft or Bethesda, making games like Assassin's Creed or The Elder Scrolls or whatever awesome game franchise I get tied up in, OR I'll be a computer technician after my service. Either way I'll put 20-30 more years into a job and retire with full benefits, now I am 60-70 years old, I have at the very least another 10-20 years of my life, with money and pension from 2 jobs. And then hopefully I'll die, happily with (from my point of view now) the girl with whom I am currently in love.

Edited by Danniphantom

Holy wow.

I feel really bad for Lucia. I don't think she'll see her kid grow up or ever talk with him/her. ;A;

Holy huge theory Batman. I'm living in the middle of the US, MST I think, so my time's a little wonkier than you guy's.

Alright. So...

Leta and Ezio and Xanthe, let's call them 'p' for short, would be fifteen when Aelia dies (don't ask). I don't want to give too much away, but the Creed would fall apart shortly after that. Maybe they'd be sixteen or seventeen or something. If we do fifteen years, p would be in their mid-early thirties. If we do a few years earlier, it allows for more time and more drama. Considering a lot of them will die young, a few years would make a difference.

I'll use exact numbers because I am awful at explaining math.

If p is 16 when the big TS happens, 15 years would make them 31. There wouldn't be much time for romances to blossom. I mean, if they've all spread out, they wouldn't be interacting and so forth. If the TS is thirteen years, for example, they have a good two years for realistic relationships to blossom and romances to happen. Thirty-one is a good age for them to start having children and what-not so they could die around forty five with older teenage children.

You may have misunderstood me, though. Not an additional 13-year TS, but reducing 15 years to 13 years to allow for relationships to grow, as was aforementioned.

Was that clear or no?

Oh ok. I got it now. I was thinking it would fall off the wagon a bit later.

I'd still prefer them to be a bit younger overall. If only just a few years. But we can work it all out when the time comes.

RD, define middle? If you live in MST you are only two hours behind EST, an hour behind CST, and an hour ahead of PST.

I think it should be less time but that's just me. But actually every main assassin: Al Mualim, Ezio, Altair; lived to be around like 60 or 70 by the time they died, I mean, Ezio was what? 50 in Revelations? The fact that they are half superhuman means that they would live longer, progressively as life expectancy got longer, Assassins and Templars would live much longer than normal, plus with the perfect health they would be in from their constant training and missions and so on they would live to be quite old before they die if they died naturally. So unless we have them killed off then they would actually live long enough to have decent relationships even at 31-40 years old.

Edited by Danniphantom

I see. That would make sense, but the other kids would be younger than p. The oldest would be 31 with the longest timeskip. The others would be in their early twenties, maybe even a few in their teens.

Mountain Standard time. Two hours or a few days, when I'm on at eight here, I think you guys are asleep...

I live in one of those hicktown square states

We still have to figure out when the creed is gonna fall...

Edited my post above...

RD, yeah, when it is 8 PM where you live it is 10 PM where I live. Like right now. It should be about 8:06 where you live. Every 15 degrees of the Earth's surface is another 1 hour of time different than the next or previous 15 degrees.

Edited by Danniphantom

*nudges* Remember to keep it on topic guys. ^^

KoKo, ya want me to skip to the journey back home? So Ceto could give birth?

Yeah. But lets have Stark get sick. With like Pneumonia or something.

Pneumonia... Isn't that a little harsh? Don't you mean bronchitis? Pneumonia would be definitely fatal... Especially in those times and especially since Stark isn't resting.

Oh-! I get it. Sure, then.

But you want him to die twice? I mean, you mentioned once that you wanted Casio to kill Stark and then be revived with the Ankh.

Have Casio kill him later and that can be the end of him.

Or Casio kills several assassins and when he breaks out of the spell of the Apple they could revive everyone.

And then it's when they realize that they can't have any pieces for themselves. Casio will break out of the temptation for power and control and he'll see what he's done.

I actually plan on having Casio kill Ambra, and try to kill Ceto. He'll try to kill everyone else who confronts him, and I think that, if Mousey lets me, he would kill Aelia because she would definitely confront him about it. She would be the last person that he kills because when he does, he'll break out of the spell.