Evilminion

~~ Flood Control ~~

~ - ~ CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR WINNERS! ~ - ~

Pending verification (which will be done this weekend), and unless I've missed anyone in the flood (no pun intended) of "Ta da!" postings, it looks like our big winners are...

danegrrrl, with 570

Erica8798, with 291

Feresa, with 246

Storm skyflyer, with 243

milkaq66, with 236

Sugarbeets, with 216

Xythus, with 211

PolarVortex, with 200

Zeldarax, with 185

Lost_Girl, with 179

Wow, wow, and more wow. biggrin.gif That is a LOT of bottled AP blockers, and these are just the top ten catchers! If your total should be among these top ten and I've somehow missed you, please just let me know; I can always breed another grand prize or two to make sure that nobody who appears on the list right now is knocked off if I made a mistake in tallying.

I'll get in touch with all grand prize winners, in order, as I verify their catches! And then with everyone who has at least 60 soggies, to work out details of honorable mention delivery.

Thank you so much to everyone who participated! Let's do this again sometime... poptartFINALTINY.gif

WOW, I won!

I couldn't believe it, when I saw it, because so many people were collecting them and they were going very, very fast too! But it was really fun to do!

i agree, volcano needs some more movement. i actually really like mint cuz they look so cute, so plx include it in next rd, thx :-)

-teresa

I'd love it if there was another round of this! I wasn't playing enough to join in last round, but now that I'm back it sounds like a lot of fun, and a good way to bulk up my scroll. Personally I'd like to collect waters. There's already a contest going for collecting greens that I saw.

A pygmy hunt is what we need. I think four breed could add a little variety, and we wouldn't be confined to one individual biome.

A pygmy hunt is what we need. I think four breed could add a little variety, and we wouldn't be confined to one individual biome.

agreed

Okay, so it looks like folks are still interested in another round, AND we have an incredibly generous offer of another ND as one of the grand prizes (!! wub.gif !!). If possible, I would like to keep the contest coastal, to help increase all our chances of catching those elusive blusangs, so would it be acceptable to open the next round to seawyrm pygmies, deep seas, and waters, but otherwise keep it in the coast?

Okay, so it looks like folks are still interested in another round, AND we have an incredibly generous offer of another ND as one of the grand prizes (!! wub.gif !!). If possible, I would like to keep the contest coastal, to help increase all our chances of catching those elusive blusangs, so would it be acceptable to open the next round to seawyrm pygmies, deep seas, and waters, but otherwise keep it in the coast?

Do honorable mentions still get prizes from this round?

Do honorable mentions still get prizes from this round?

Absolutely! I'm just swamped at work, so it's taking longer than I'd hoped to get all the prize logistics sorted out. I'm still hoping to be able to give every HM winner something that's actually on their wishlist, but so many of them are holiday requests, I'm still in the process of trying to rope old friends into being breeders over the course of this year.

I'll have an entire free day this weekend, so I'll get the rest of the details figured out then, and send out more PMs to both winners and breeders.

(I may be slow, but I always get there in the end! laugh.gif)

I don't like Blusangs and I have no desire for coastal blockers so count me out.

If the front page tells me anything, this contest went for about half a year, and just ended, yes? I'm totally up for it, but would it be the same dragon types again or are you going to try to clear something else out this time?

I like the idea of keeping the Coast clear (no pun intended, lol!). I really like Bluslangs, and CBs are so hard to find!

Scrolling back I saw someone mention the Volcano.

Coast or Volcano sounds nice~ They have most of what I'm looking for right now, so I'd have a chance to snag other stuff.

I think what I'll do, once I've had a chance to finish out the notifications and prize allocation for this round of the contest, is to start a poll for which groups of dragons would be most appropriate (and desired) for the next round of blocker-clearing. smile.gif Be thinking about which dragons irritate you the absolute most, when you're staring at them in the cave and waiting for somebody else to mentally snap and grab one.

Also, I'll admit my resistance to an all-pygmy contest is mostly because I'm trying to build a crimson flare/ dark myst army, and I don't want the competition... laugh.gif

My honest opinion is that even though we, as a group, managed to snag thousands of coastal blockers, it still didn't seem to help increase the odds of picking up a CB Blusang. They just don't seem to drop often, period.

I'd personally like to see an effort to clean up all the blockers, one biome at a time. I'm sort of sick of the coast biome, if you can understand. wink.gif

The blockers that currently aggravate me the most are the ones I mentioned in a previous post - Stone, Guardian, Mint, and Pebbles. As well as Albinos and Spitfires, though a contest for Spitfires has just started so that should be helpful for them. None of those ever seem to budge from the biomes.

I'm just thinking of it from a "keeping things fresh" (switching biomes) and an "incentive to collect the undesirables" perspective. I think it would be cool to do a new biome each round of the contest (if we do more rounds, of course!) just so we can have a change of scenery each time. Plus I want an excuse to hoard all the commons I would otherwise have no real incentive to. tongue.gif

Just my two cents. Like I said before, I'll happily participate in whatever is decided.

I'm totally for going coastal again. My resistance to picking up things like mints and pebbles is that an all green blocker contest just started up, and there's also a contest going for spitfires. Now that the contest is over, the coast has become ridiculously slow again.

I feel sorry for the poor coastal eggs as well as stones, mints and all those teeny pygmies, hanging around all day, feeling unloved. Purple dorsals also seem to be getting a raw deal, as everyone dumps them on the AP because they're not red.

I suppose it would be easier to keep track of which dragons on your scroll belong to each round, if each round has different breeds. Unless there is a different prefix for the names?

I'm totally for going coastal again. My resistance to picking up things like mints and pebbles is that an all green blocker contest just started up, and there's also a contest going for spitfires. Now that the contest is over, the coast has become ridiculously slow again.

In theory wouldn't contests going to clean up the greens at the same time make the efforts of both contests more effective, though? I mean, would it really hurt for two groups to be clearing out the absurd overflow, while one group focuses halfly on different types, and this one focuses halfly on different types? You could theoretically make the biome very accessible, yes?

I think what I'll do, once I've had a chance to finish out the notifications and prize allocation for this round of the contest, is to start a poll for which groups of dragons would be most appropriate (and desired) for the next round of blocker-clearing. smile.gif Be thinking about which dragons irritate you the absolute most, when you're staring at them in the cave and waiting for somebody else to mentally snap and grab one.

Also, I'll admit my resistance to an all-pygmy contest is mostly because I'm trying to build a crimson flare/ dark myst army, and I don't want the competition... laugh.gif

Whiptails. dry.gif Whiptails make me insane. Though honestly, pygmies are a close second. .... That said, best of luck on your armies! wink.gif

Just some small questions

1. I was never added to the HM list, will I still get a prize?

2. Is verification still being done or can I rename my flood dragons?

Just some small questions

1. I was never added to the HM list, will I still get a prize?

I'd like to know the same thing smile.gif AND ask if we have a date for the new contest biggrin.gif

Edit: Oh and I agree into changing biomes .-. Pebbles and mints are driving me crazy and I don't know... I'm got bored of the coast :S

Edited by LorePMejia

Absolutely! I'm just swamped at work, so it's taking longer than I'd hoped to get all the prize logistics sorted out.  I'm still hoping to be able to give every HM winner something that's actually on their wishlist, but so many of them are holiday requests, I'm still in the process of trying to rope old friends into being breeders over the course of this year.

I'll have an entire free day this weekend, so I'll get the rest of the details figured out then, and send out more PMs to both winners and breeders.

(I may be slow, but I always get there in the end!  laugh.gif)

I can breed some of the holidays if that would help, send me a message with what you still need I can do any of the following

2nd gen shadow walker(PB or non), rosebud, snow angel, winter magi, yulebuck

3rd gen ribbon dancer, pumpkin, sweetling

Also sending this as a message in case you don't see this, can be only too easy to miss a message in the midst of others

First off, yep, everyone who caught enough dragons to score an HM prize will definitely be receiving one, even if I suck at updating the first post. wink.gif

Second, and far more awesomely, thanks to several wonderful players stepping up and offering to breed holidays, we are *this close* to being able to give each HM winner an egg that is actually on their wishlist. I'm still waiting to hear back from a couple of old friends who don't actively play any more, but who have loads of older CBs and might be willing to hop on when various holidays roll around to breed the last few needed eggs... fingers crossed that they agree!

I'd like to be able to assist in prize production, but the production rate for the dragons in question is not that great...so I'm not really sure if I should submit the appropriate form and then risk not creating a prize for extensive amount of time, or if I should hang back and then step forward if things can't go in the needed direction.