Evilminion

~~ Flood Control ~~

Wow, this sounds like it could be a lot of work. Are you sure you wont need help verifying entries?? I would love to help!!

COUNT ME IN!

Forum name: Mayanightstar

Scroll name and link: mayanightstar

Favorite aquatic breed, and why: Waterwalker. I love the sprite work!! Waterhorses are kinda funny looking and I'm not much of a fan of the spriting on Waverunners.

Hi, all!

Whew, first week back at a day job really wiped me out. laugh.gif But now that I'm finally awake, I'll get busy gathering up entrant names, updating the first post, and starting a FAQ. Let me start by answering a couple of questions here, though:

I don't know if this actually matters, but Waterwalkers actually show up pretty much everywhere, I think, not just coast.

Will my waterwalkers still count even if I catch them in another biome? It's still flood control either way since I'll be keeping them but I thought I'd bring this up early on.

Abso-stonking-lutely. I couldn't care less if you caught your waterwalkers on the moon! Just bottle 'em up and stack them on a shelf.

Would it be alright if I made some banners for this?

I would love more banners! I need to post the banner and button made by Chanilove (so cute!), but it's always great to have options. So if you're feeling banner-inclined, please let your creativity shine!

Wow, this sounds like it could be a lot of work. Are you sure you wont need help verifying entries??

It does indeed sound like a lot of work, and it's going to be the tedious sort, so I feel bad asking anyone else to help me out with it. However, if somebody actually volunteers, I'm not going to be crazy enough to say no. wink.gif Then we could split the list of entries into multiple parts; with an extra set or two of eyes clicking lineages, we could announce the winners a lot faster. So if anyone is seriously interested -- after sitting down and thinking seriously about how much that part of the process is likely to suck -- please send me a PM. And if nobody does, I understand completely, heehee!

~ ~ THE COOL ANNOUNCEMENTS ~ ~

ohmy.gif First, thanks to one incredibly brave volunteer, there will be a small, rather sickly-looking addition to the grand prize list. I've had absolutely zero success creating such emo-lovelies on my own, so I couldn't offer one at first, but I'm super-excited to sneak it into the prize basket now! As an extra bonus, this now means that there will be nine top prizes instead of eight. More details soon, when I update the original post.

wub.gif Second, since we have several folks offering to help breed prizes now (I'll post a list shortly, and THANK YOU to everyone who volunteered to help with this!), I now feel comfortable saying that every player who bottles at least sixty aquatic blockers during the contest period will receive an "honorable mention" prize. (With four months to work in, even without trading this should be attainable by somebody who hasn't played the game long enough to acquire a trophy and extra egg slots, but it's a large enough number to show that you're dedicated to the flood control cause!)

poptartFINALTINY.gif If even more breeders volunteer, we may even be able to expand this to allow all honorable-mention winners to choose their prize from the list, rather than assigning prizes randomly. So if you're willing and able to breed anything from the secondary prize list, please let me know!

COUNT ME IN!

Forum name: SoulFang

Scroll name and link: SoulFang

Favorite aquatic breed, and why: Coastal Wyverns, because one of my first four eggs was a Coastal Wyvern.

Edited by SoulFang

It's a great (and needed) idea, but I've got one question: couldn't you expand the time of posting final count? Most people go out on the New Year's Eve and I'm pretty sure that I won't be back home until late on 1st of January, which would mean that even if I raise a hundred of "Floodies" I might not be counted in :C. Also, I'm from a different timezone (central Europe) which makes it even harder.

COUNT ME IN!

Forum name: Tseen

Scroll name and link: Tseen

Favorite aquatic breed, and why: The new Tsunami Wyvern - it's pretty, and something makes me love Wyverns more than dragons. Also, Coastal Waverunners. I like to picture them gliding just above the surface.

COUNT ME IN!

Forum name: Mousia

Scroll name and link: silvia52213

Favorite aquatic breed, and why: Coastal Waverunners, because the one that I have now is my second (first was a grey).

I'd love to breed honorable mention prizes too! I can do everything listed except Tinsels (mine are all high gen).

COUNT ME IN!

Forum name: CowlRaven

Scroll name and link: CowlRaven

Favorite aquatic breed, and why: Water Walkers because they remind me of a swamp, and there are a lot of those where I live uwu

COUNT ME IN!

Forum name: Sugarbeets

Scroll name and link: Sugarbeets

Favorite aquatic breed, and why: Out of the 3 that are listed I would have to say the Waterwalker, simply because they are different tongue.gif

Edited by Sugarbeets

user posted image

[URL=http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=140501][IMG=https://i.imgur.com/5jrup.gif][/URL]

I made this for the thread. I hope it isn't too ugly wink.gif

COUNT ME IN!

Forum name: yellowfang66

Scroll name and link: yellowfang

Favorite aquatic breed, and why: The Waterwalkers because they remind me of a leaf that has fallen from a tree into the water.

COUNT ME IN!

Forum name:_silverdragon_

Scroll name and link: _silverdragon_

Favorite aquatic breed, and why: Coastal Waverunners It was my first egg I've loved them from the first time I saw them

I was wondering... Why can we only catch the listed three species? I thought it would make sense to also be allowed to catch and raise Deep Seas and Waters, since those are both unwanted water based commons.

I was wondering... Why can we only catch the listed three species? I thought it would make sense to also be allowed to catch and raise Deep Seas and Waters, since those are both unwanted water based commons.

This question has already been answered.

Deepseas, waters, skywings and seawyrms tend to vanish onto scrolls a good bit faster than the three breeds included in this contest, probably because three of them can be bred for hybrids and the fourth is relatively new (and so darned cute). So I'm cutting those little guys some slack.  More to the point, though, the only way to reduce the breeding/spawning ratio of a dragon type is to adopt one heck of a lot of it. So it's best to concentrate on fewer species rather than more in any given project.

Actually, three is probably already too many, but let's see if it helps anyway.

Probably should read the thread before asking smile.gif

I already have some dragons that are the breeds we're supposed to catch. Am I allowed to rename them and use them for this contest? Or are we only allowed to use eggs caught after entering?

CowlRaven, here is your answer:

ELIGIBLE DRAGONS

In order to be counted for this contest, dragons must be...

Caught or bred within the dates of this contest - August 22, 2012 through January 1, 2013, DC time

Only dragons which meet all eligibility requirements will be counted.

EDIT; ninja.gif'd

I already have some dragons that are the breeds we're supposed to catch. Am I allowed to rename them and use them for this contest? Or are we only allowed to use eggs caught after entering?

Please read the first page :/

Caught or bred within the dates of this contest - August 22, 2012 through January 1, 2013, DC time

Edited by predatorfan4ever

EDIT; ninja.gif'd

Please read the first page :/

sorry I must have missed that

ouo;;;

user posted image

[url=http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=140501&st=0][img=https://i.imgur.com/PBvv6.gif][/url]

Here'ss mine! A little more simple.

ERMERGERD IT'S A COWL. /tackleglomp

Anyways, I'd luke to join as well! My scroll name is the same as my forum name. I'll flock all my pretties to the bottom of my scroll!

/challangeacceptedface

It is on. /joining as an excuse to have a Waterhorse army.

xd.png

This question has already been answered.

Deepseas, waters, skywings and seawyrms tend to vanish onto scrolls a good bit faster than the three breeds included in this contest, probably because three of them can be bred for hybrids and the fourth is relatively new (and so darned cute). So I'm cutting those little guys some slack.   More to the point, though, the only way to reduce the breeding/spawning ratio of a dragon type is to adopt one heck of a lot of it. So it's best to concentrate on fewer species rather than more in any given project.

Actually, three is probably already too many, but let's see if it helps anyway.

Probably should read the thread before asking smile.gif

Ah, sorry about that! Thanks, I must've skipped right over it!

Named, beginning with FLOOD for ease of verification

Can we use names like Floods, Flooding, Flooded etc. as with so many people doing this names are going to start being a problem after a while if we are all using Flood

Edited by Paige201208

Can we use names like Floods, Flooding, Flooded etc. as with so many people doing this names are going to start being a problem after a while if we are all using Flood

Maybe he should tell everyone to capitalize it also, like FLOOD, FLOODING, FLOODS, etc, to be even easier to identify...

Maybe he should tell everyone to capitalize it also, like FLOOD, FLOODING, FLOODS, etc, to be even easier to identify...

I do believe Evilminion is female, btw tongue.gif

Although I have this same question. I'd really like to use variants smile.gif

With that said, I'm also well aware that I can change the names of my dragons at any time.  So if, for example, I discover that somebody won by multiscrolling, I will rename the parents of their prize to "(player name) is a cheater" x "and a despoiler of virgin sheep", and post a permanent link to the lineage page in my signature.  Capiche?

This made me ROFL.

I'm joining c: GL to all!

Also, there are more eggs than just three blockers. Deep Seas and Waters seem to be blockers as well. Maybe expand the breeds allowed?

Edited by PieMaster

Now that my internets are finally cooperating again (darn those wonky internets!), I'm updating the thread. Please, no new posts for the next hour or so, until I've caught up! biggrin.gif

In the meanwhile, that's yet another great idea, so yes you're welcome to go with any variant of FLOOD, so long as it is capitalized and sorted with the rest. Thanks for the suggestion!

EDIT: And yep, female. But I've always been "one of the guys", so it doesn't matter whether you call me he or she... laugh.gif

Edited by Evilminion