TwilightMoonDragon

Shadows: Whisper | Assassin's Creed

((Hope you don't mind my presence. I'll post but I'm going to read back to figure out what's going on.))

[Ambra ran off after hearing the call. Lucia and Ambra arrived and Lucia is helping Scipio and Ambra is helping Casio.]

((Alright, I guess Aero will just be there then...))

Aero slowly followed Ambra, he was confused but she seemed to be responding to an emergency. Despite his condition he was a master assassin, so any time there was an emergency he should be there to lend his knowledge and strength to aid whomever needed it. He groaned one last time before he ignored his pain and leaped building to building and continued to follow Ambra's trail. He continued to run until he found her helping Casio and Lucia helping Scipio. He spotted Aelia and ran up to her, wincing again at the pain. Despite the dark his poor condition from nearly being crushed and taking a twenty foot fall could still be seen plain as day. He limped a bit as he approached Aelia.

"What the hell happened to these two?" He asked surprised at their condition. "They look awful." In his worry he completely missed the irony that he probably looked worse than the two assassins did at that point. He didn't care, as a master assassin and a member of the brotherhood he had no worries of himself, rather his brothers and sisters in the guild, especially his disciples beneath him. They were the future of the creed, if they died then it would show poorly on the higher ups, and if the higher ups were incompetent the whole system would collapse, their efforts would be in vain.

[i was waiting for Rain to post but...]

Ambra held Casio close to her. Of course the man was taller but he was heavier as well, and he seemed to be nodding off. Ambra would not be able to drag an unconscious Casio all the way back to the HQ. it would be impossible. She was a woman; a simple, five foot woman with a very delicate complexion. A simple five foot woman who couldn't fight for her life. At least, that was what she thought. She hated blood and war and death and violence. But what she hated most was a drunk man slumped over her, smelling of blood and beer and vile and manly smells, almost falling asleep. "Casio! Don't you sleep on me." she shook herself out, the movement making the Italian grunt and open his eyes again. Ambra looked at Lucia and Aero. She expected Lucia there but not Aero.

"Why aren't you in the HQ? You're hurt!" Ambra snapped. When she heard the murmur of Lucia, she dipped her head in the greatest respect she could muster. She should of gone after them as well. "I expect you not to be in trouble. You were right to follow these two idiots."

"M'not an idiot." Casio moaned, running his face against her snow white cloak. Ambra growled and shook him again.

"Can you stop? Do you know that this cloth is white and you're getting red and green and all of that junk on me?" Ambra scolded, but then hung he head. She wasn't one to scold a Master Assassin. But he sure didn't act like it. Scipio and Casio hardly acted like they were from the Brotherhood in the first place. They brought shame upon them. But Casio was different when he was focused on something. She was proud when he was. "We should probably get going. I'll help you patch up Scipio and Casio, Aelia."

Lucia wrapped Scipio's arm around herself. Using most of her strength to keep the two upright, she began to steadily move toward the HQ. At least she wasn't in trouble. Lucia heard that Aelia wasn't too gentle when it came to punishments. At least Casio would be stuck at HQ with her for a while. Maybe he could stop chasing women long enough to actually teach her something. When yet another Assassin Master showed up, injured beyond belief, Lucia hoped that she wouldn't have to carry him too. "What did you do to hurt yourself so badly, sir?" Lucia asked as she hauled the foul-smelling Scipio toward HQ. What had they been doing? Clearly not being sober and not being fights. Casio mumbled something, but Lucia was too focused to hear any of it. Lucia wasn't very tall, and so Scipio's feet dragged behind him, kicking up dust on the road. Was he unconscious? Lucia couldn't tell, just that he smelled of blood, bile, and alcohol.

"Ambra," Aero said suddenly turning to face her. His eyes were sincere and has face stoic. "Don't worry about me. I'll be fine." He looked directly at her for about 15 seconds. He could tell she cared, but he didn't want her to worry. "I'll take Casio. I'm pretty sure Aelia and I are going to need to speak with him once he's sober." He said reaching his hands out to take the drunken Casio. "What was the captain of the Templars doing out here?" Aero asked turning his eyes to the Eagle Vision again and looking out to the direction of the bar, he could see the footsteps of the captain still imprinted in the dirt of the roads. A footstep he knew all too well from his time among thieves.

Aero did a 360 turn looking around their surroundings. Nothing out of the ordinary. He saw a shadow leap between buildings, he stood looking for a moment and saw a figure looking back at him in the distance. I recognize that gaze... Is it... no, stop thinking such things. He thought turning back to the group. "Ambra is right, the sooner we get out of sight the better." He said. For the first time in a long time he flipped his hood up to hide his face, he rarely left the headquarters, and when he did it was only on stealth and recon, he had never faced the templars as an assassin, so his face was not known among them. The advantage of being young to the brotherhood. He thought once more to the face he saw but once again shrugged it off as the cool breeze of the night air blew through his hair, brushing some strands out of his face. His blue-grey eyes twinkled in the moon-light.

When he heard Lucia's question he turned to face her. He smiled in his joking and care free manner as always. Instead of directly answering her question he merely said "Watch out for stone ceilings, they have a tendency to lash out at you!" He chuckled as he readied himself to leave with Casio in hand.

Edited by Danniphantom

Ambra flinched under Aero's piercing blue gaze. Ugh, she absolutely hated it when people stared at her for long. It made her think that she was being calculated and watched. Especially Aero. He was a master assassin, and a good looking one at that. At that thought, she blushed ad looked away. What was she thinking? She hardly thought of anything like that. Before she knew it Casio was taken away from her, the other blond flailing slightly before he rested on Aero.

"I'm in trouble, aren't I?" Casio moaned. His eyes went back to Scipio. The man's feet were dragging on the ground and it looked like it hurt. But he didn't care. Maybe he should go limp like that so e could relax a bit.

"Yes, you are, both of you," Ambra snapped as she went toward Scipio. "You two sneaking out just after Aelia yelled at both of you! We were worried sick when we heard that call. We came all ready to fight!" her glare landed on Scipio as she caught up with him. He had to be scolded too. She hadn't yelled at him yet. "And you, Scipio. All limp. Can't you see that Lucia is trying to be nice and caring? It's like you don't even care."

Ambra usually wasn't one for complaining or scolding. But at times like this she had to be. She was actually worried sick for both of them.

"You get the other arm, he's quite heavy." Lucia reasoned, that with the two of them, him being injured or not, it would make to load easier at least. "Hey," lucia nudged the unconscious assassin. "You alive there? Hey, wake up. You're too heavy to carry without help. Master Scipio, are you okay?" She had to see if he was breathing, thinking, living. She didn't want to end up being the one carrying the dead body. Dead bodies... tended to relax certain muscles when dead for a certain amount of time. It... was less than pleasant. "Master Scipio, there's a cute girl here who wants to talk to you..." Maybe that would wake the slacker up. If anything the two drunks were way too alike.

Scipio stirred a bit at the sound of voices. Groaning, he lifted his head only to let it fall again. "Urghhh." A bit of saliva dribbled from the corner of his mouth, though he didn't care. He didn't even know who was carrying him on. Did it matter who it was? He was silent and limp again. Though when he heard "cute girl" his face shot up up. "Aooo?" He grinned, though he had no clue what he was looking at. Everything was so foggy. So...dark. It wasn't even night time. It was early afternoon. How strange... "Urgggh johsl..." He was not aware that what he was saying was unintelligible, and it was obvious, for he did not seem to be aggravated or even annoyed at his failure at speech. "Yooowwwch!" he exclaimed as a rock hit his foot. The pain seemed to fade quickly, though, as he returned to limpness quickly. He was so tired... Odd... Why was that?

Aelia smiled slightly as the others seemed to struggle with the weight. They didn't even know how heavy the two men were combined. Scipio seemed to have lost his ability to speak normally and Casio was becoming ever-lazy, letting himself fall limp. She saw Aero, looking tired and wounded as well, take Casio off of Ambra's shoulders. "Let me take him! Really, I can do it." She rushed up to Aero, grabbing his arm to hold him back. "Let me." She tried to take Casio off of the other man's back, though Aero would have to help. Casio's limpness was not helping either of them. Didn't he know that limpness added weight? Stupid! Then again, weren't both Scipio and Casio stupid? They'd gone to that tavern without permission and fought those guards instead of trying to outwit them, like she had done. She always seemed to be smarter than they. It wasn't as if she didn't like fighting, she actually loved it, but she wasn't a rash person. Never one to rush into things. Aelia was always careful. Always quiet.

(Aero wouldn't have been able to lift Casio if his rib was broken, reset or not.)

Edited by Mousia

Ambra looked at Lucia when she said that he was heavy. Of course Scipio had raised his head at the mention of a cute girl, which made her flush again. She wasn't cute! See, this was why she didn't go out. When she was done patching her mentor up, she would scuttle away into the deepest corner of her library and not let anyone in. She slid under Scipio's arm immediately when he started to cry out in pain, making her panic. She didn't like how Scipio was sounding. Maybe they hit him so hard that it made him stupider than usual. Ambra didn't like calling Scipio stupid but she had to at times. Her eyes went up to a building ahead. Ah, the HQ. Awesome. She wanted to go home. Ambra helped Lucia bring him back into the building, walking toward the baracks. She let Scipio's arm go as soon as she reached the man's bed, and helped set him down softly. "Thank you Lucia. Now I have to patch him up." she said. "You can let go of him, and.... Can you please bring a pot with water in it? Warm? And a cloth too. I'll get the medicine. It's not that far to get the medicine though." she sent a glare at Scipio. "You can't strip down can you?" she asked drily.

Casio blinked in surprise when Aelia started to yell. What the hell did she want? He just wanted to come home, and home wasn't that far away. It was right there. "Mmmmmm, Lia!" he whined loudly. "I hurt... Wanna go home..."

"He's alive." Lucia said once his head perked up. That one girl flushed, she really wasn't that cute, Lucia just said it to see if there was a reaction. At last they reached the HQ, and placed the sleeping Scipio on the bed. The girl then ordered her to get warm water, and a cloth. Lucia quickly fetched a cloth from the other room, and found a basin with water inside. She quickly tested the basin to see how warm the water was. Lukewarm had to work. Grabbing both the bowl of sloshing water and the cloth, Lucia walked back into the room. Scipio still seemed out of it, but he seemed to be on the mend. "So, what do you think we'll have to do next? I'm hoping more training once these two stop being drunk." Lucia stated bluntly. Ambra looked like one of those faces, one of which could dreg up bad old memories. The kind that should stay buried, but kept fresh enough to remember. Memories that made sure she stayed an arm's length away from everyone. Getting too close to someone when you know that they were going to die just didn't seem effective to Lucia. So she opted for the distance method. Stay away and stay out of harm's way.

Aelia smiled a bit. Casio was kind of cute when he was helpless. "Lia's gonna take you home. Lia's gonna fix you up." She imitated the cooing of the mothers she'd seen when out and about during the day. She heaved him off of Aero's back and, with a huff, made her way into the HQ. Ignoring stares and sideways glances, she went up the stairs as fast as she could, there was no point in enduring the weight longer than she had to. She opened the door to his room and laid the man down on his bed. "Now, you wait here until Lia can get some things." She hurried off, blushing more than she would have liked. What was up with her lately?

Scipio groaned at the touch of his lumpy bed. It was so uncomfortable...urgh. Hearing her ordering the other person around, he smiled a bit. A woman who took charge. Nice... She turned to him and her face was fading in and out. In and out. "You can't strip down, can you?" The voice was so...nice. Yet, she seemed irritated. What was her problem? It wasn't so bad. "Urghhhhh...nowwww." He had tried to communicate that he couldn't, but messed up again. The man stubbornly tried to take off his cloak, but the blood had plastered it on him too hard. His hands were weak. His body was weak. There was no way he could help himself. Blushing, he kept trying.

(Sorry for the uber short posts, my mom is breathing down my neck.)

"Aelia, what the hell happened out there? And what was the captain of the Templars doing there?" Aero asked. He felt left out, and he didn't like that. He was young, and he knew that, but he was a Master and there was a reason for it, why did it seem like Casio and Aelia didn't trust him? He shook off the feeling and followed Aelia. They needed to talk, and once Casio was sober they would need to talk to him. Both Aelia and Casio were his mentors. After his master died they were the ones who helped him reach the rank of Master. He still wore the badge and tassel that had been given to him upon this achievement. He greatly respected them for their help, but behaviors like this aggravated him, and he needed to put a stop to it if he could, even if it was his friend and mentor. He looked at Aelia, again she seemed stressed, like she had the weight of the whole guild on her shoulders. He had to help, it was his responsibility. He had to do something to make her job easier. That was his way.

Lucia went away, and her blue eyes wavered back to Scipio. The man was grabbing at his cloak, and trying take it off. She shook her head in slight pity. Now she had to undress her own mentor. She heaved a sigh and grabbed at a sleeve, and pulled it over his head without injuring him more. Ambra couldn't help but look over Scipio's body in an inappropriate manner. Of course, she was a twenty year old woman, with no one to love. He had a fit body, a tightly fit body that was so good looking... Shaking her head, she looked up at Lucia as she brought a basin of water and a cloth. "I'm expecting more training as well," she mutmured softly as she dipped the cloth in the basin and running it over Scipio's... Very Germanic body. She was born in Schwerin, and so she of course has a Germanic body an form as well. She sighed as she began to wipe softly at a wound. She had to make sure that his wounds were clean as possible before applying medicine and bandages. She moved from that wound to his face, in which she scanned roughly. It was bloody and beaten and all bruised up. She didn't know where to start. "Master Scipio. Why did you do this?" she whispered softly as she ran the cloth over a nasty cut on his face. It was a shame for the happy go lucky man to be all beaten up. He was meant to be allowing around and strutting his stuff. "You should of stayed home and trained me. You always know where to find me." she said, her brow furrowed as she continued to tend to him with the lukewarm water. She sighed and shook her head. "Your brow is all cut up." she said, moving her fingers toward the wound and stroking it softly with a finger. She was judging how deep it was and if the blood clotted most of it. She shook her head and sighed before wiping that as well.

[it's okay. :3]

Casio tried not to sleep when the places moved passed him. Ugh, he was inside now. Where was he again? He looked around with sleepy blue eyes. Different colors of eyes flashed back at him. Blue, brown, green, some gray. Gray eyes were weird. They were so very strange. Well, Scipio had like hazel eyes. Casio wondered what was hazel. Wasn't it like... Brown and green or brown and blue mixed together? He wasn't sure. He was drunk as hell and she couldn't make heads or tails out of everything. He heard Aelia coo, and it made him rumble in pleasure. What was that sound? He had forgotten that sound. A coo. A motherly coo. It made him feel loved. Protected even. Usually, when he wasn't drunk, he would hate people cooing at him; especially women. It made him feel weak and weird. Aelia brought the man upstairs to his room, and set him on his soft bed as he faced the ceiling. The woman left, and he felt the bed under him soak with his blood. Unlike the beds in the baracks, this bed was made of expensive silk. Scipio and everyone else slept on lumpy, deformed beds in the baracks. He guessed that it came with the advantage of being Master Assassin.

Lucia made a hissing noise at Ambra. Halfway between a tongue click and growl. Not quite either, but almost both. Wether she made it out of anger at Scipio's stupidity or jealously that she was helping him was a mystery to Lucia. Her green eyes flicked to the cape and towards the door. Falling in love with someone who was fated to die wasn't part of the plan. Everyone dies eventually. Why bother to fall in love anyway. Casio and Aelia had a thing, not quite romance, but not quite just friendship either. Perhaps she would read more, it would keep these wandering thoughts away. "I'm going back to read. If you need me I'll be in the library." Didn't these two know any attempt at love would end horribly? Lucia ran her hand through her brown hair once, then proceeded to walk down the hallway. She checked the barracks once, saw that the man was still there, and went to her favorite reading chair. She noticed the mess of books and various objects strewn about, this must have been where Aero fell. Poor guy must have been looking for something. Probably with that confounded 'eagle vision' he blathers on about. Lucia felt like she was the only one without it sometimes, her eyes skimming, scanning for the things only they could see. Lucia made the hissing noise again as she began to pick up the mess.

Otto watched as the assassins left the tavern and than suddenly more of them showed up to carry off those drunken fools. Otto should have arrested those men but a smile spread across his face as now he knew that he had some worthy prey. He than waited for a few more minutes until the rest of the guards arrived to see what the whole fight had been about. When they saw that Otto was there, they all shied away from him when he started to bark orders at them. He ordered them to clean up the bodies that were laying on the floor around the tavern and than told them to give the two fallen guards a proper burial. He than stormed out of the tavern with the remaining two guards and headed back to the Templar stronghold where he locked himself into his room in the Captain's quarters and started to take his armor so that he could get ready for bed. With each part of armor that came off of his body, it revealed a new scar that he had acquired over his time serving in the Templar ranks.

~~~~~

There was blood everywhere and the young child could feel the weight of a man laying on top of him as blood leaked out of a sword wound in his chest. The child's clothes were soaked through with blood but none of it was his own as his father had shielded him from the armed men who had killed the father and mother, along with two sisters. When the men had left the child whose name was Nico Balontino, pushed the limp but heavy body of his father off of him and looked around at what was left of his family which was nothing.

Nico jolted awake and shot up in bed which made him release a groan which was caused by the blaring headache which continued to throb. "Man, I got to stop drinking before I go to bed. I have the worst nightmares ever." He muttered to himself as he wiped the cold sweat from his face as he shuddered at the memories that he had just relived. He slowly got out of bed as he nursed his aching head and headed out of the barracks so that he could find a solution to his headache.

Scipio could feel the gentle touch. The pulling of the fabric off his body. He had already been stripped naked by guards the previous year as an attempt to embarrass him and any other assassins. He was used to the humility. The shame. He had never been given dignity in the first place. Poor man was always having himself shattered. Perhaps that was the reason for his flightiness. For his drunken nights and hangover days. It was his shield. It was his place. No dignity was expected. None was given. Others might have found it sad, but it was his reality. It was his life. The constantly being pushed down and away. Being frowned upon. Being looked down upon. He let the sadness overwhelm him again. The depression of knowing that his life had no point. The highlights were nights when some girls were forgetting their prudence. He thirsted for something permanent. Yet he knew nothing was. Nothing would be. Not for him. Permanent things were reserved for the rich and famous, it seemed. Not for the grubby, dirty, poor assassins that lived off of stolen gold and stolen food. It was that fact that saddened him further. "I...nev...get any more respit." He struggled with the words. Always so complicated, English was. Not like Italian or Latin or French. Though he knew English the best, he could recognize its pitfalls.

Aelia heard Aero questions and turned. "They got drunk and the guards interfered. Very simple," she spat. And the younger man was questioning her? Hmph. That would not end well. Probably with him missing a very...important...limb. It had been one of her favorite forms of serious punishment. Watching them plead for mercy. She was holding the very blade that would change their lives. They would never cross her again. No one took them seriously, either. The high voices and the shame. Shame, shame, shame. She then turned back to her original path and made her silent way down the steps. She filled a bucket with warm water from a spout and grabbed a clean washcloth. Aelia then proceeded to fill another bucket with bandages and herbal medicines. The woman walked up the stairs slowly, calculating her fate. What would she do with her life. The question had resurfaced many times since she had turned 25. It was an old age by the old woman's agenda. It had been to get married and make babies and cook and clean and die. That was a woman's life according to the old ways. Though she did not agree with it, she feared that she'd be the last of her family. She'd be the last, glorious Cato. Her thoughts were inturrupted as she reached the top of the steps. Aelia entered through the door and smiling as she crouched in front of the mattress. "Lia's got the stuff to fixyou up, but you have to undress first..."

Aero followed Aelia, he had needed to speak with her for far too long now, this was his first chance in a long time. He shut the door behind him before speaking. "Aelia, something really seems to be bothering you. I know I'm young for my rank, and both you and Casio seem to have a lack of trust in me. But I feel it's my responsibility to help you with whatever it is that is causing you this stress." Aero said calmly. He could tell she was angry, she directed it towards him so his only guess was that she was concocting some kind of pure evil punishment. He lowered his hood and limped over to a chair and sat down. Several minutes passed, it was quiet. "But before I have any ability to help you I need to know what's causing you this stress." He spoke up out of the silence. His words pierced the quiet air like an arrow shot forth from a menacing bow, silent at first and then it hit it's mark, surely to cause an uproar. He thought of this analogy.

His own words were ringing in his ear, he was sure that his near commanding tone would surely send Aelia into a rage, especially in her current condition. His blue-grey eyes gleamed with sincerity and he didn't mean to sound commanding, he was trying to reach out to Aelia as a friend who didn't enjoy seeing her stressed. It meant a lot of hard times for he and the brotherhood.

((Alright, I hate writing personalities on bios because I never stick with them or I add more, something I'm adding with Aero is that he feels his life is unimportant compared to his responsibility, he feels he has more responsibility to helping others and keeping them safe. Anyway, OOC should go in the OOC thread... Depending on if you post Mousia I may post once or twice more before I go to bed.))

Ambra wiped the blood that matted Scipio's brown and frowned. That was a deep wound. A really deep wound. It seemed like someone had sliced that piece of skin and missed a kill slice. She shook her head and sighed. They had gotten beaten up pretty badly. But what was sad was what happened a year ago. She had known that guards were stripping down assassins to humiliate them, but since Scipio was friends with some Germanic guards she expected him not to get stripped. But sadly he did and when he came Casio wanted to go out and kill those fools. Scipio had proceeded to say that it was okay and he slunk into the baracks and didn't come out until two days later. Knowing that his wounds were clean now, she pulled out bandages from underneath the bed. A bottle of medicine was next to the bandages and she took the damp cloth and wet it with the strong smelling medicine. She started to wipe it softly on the open, red wounds that were around the man's body. "No respect? We respect you like the other assassins, Scipio." she coaxed gently. Her eyes went up to his. It seemed like he was having issues. "What do you mean that you don't have respect? Are you okay?" she asked, dabbing at a red bruise softly. Of course Scipio got respect. When he wasn't drunk of course. The man was fierce and loyal in battle; she had fought side by side with him along with Aelia once or twice. The blood splashing around them made her feel sick, but he was brave as a lion. "Everyone likes you here. But it's just that you and Casio don't pay attention to Aelia and we think that you're irresponsible." Ambra added.

Casio thought. He thought for a while under his haze of drinking. This was all wrong. Why was he doing this? He loved beer and stronger drinks. The taste of rum and ale and beer made him feel better from the depression of every day life. The blond didn't like this life. If it was any other life, he would be married. Live a nice life, get married, get down, and have kids. Real love. He didn't know what real love was. Love to him was seeing a pretty woman and trying to get her in bed and leave before she woke up without even saying a word. Love was physical to him, not emotional. At times he lied to a woman and said that he loved her within a few minutes of meeting her if she was drunk. Then taking her away. Of course, Scipio and him did some crazy things at times with women. They sometimes handled two at the time. But this was not love. Flicking his eyes toward Aelia, he knew what she said. He had to undress. He tried to, grabbing the hem of the bottom of the cloak and trying to pull it over his head, but it was too sticky with sweat, from the beer and legimate sweat which was from the fight, and blood. "Cannot," he groaned out, throwing an arm over his eyes and panting. "Too tired..."

Aelia blushed a bit. "Lia's going to help you, then." She felt as if she was his mother. Aelia knew what the feeling was like, having been a makeshift mother to many assassins. But it was different. Casio was older than she. He was the same rank as she. The assassin sighed, gathering herself. She gripped the hem of his cloak and pulled it up over his head after removing other things, like sheaths and whatnot. Seeing him bare was odd, but it was not the first time she'd seen men like that. She'd once been to a homeless shelter which she'd vowed to never return to. Those without clothes were proud of the fact. It was disgusting. "Lia's going to wash you, now." Gosh, he was dirty. Had he even washed himself recently? It was hard to tell with the recent circumstances. She scrubbed gently at the wounds until they were a bright red, they were clean. The bruises saddened her a bit, the beautiful skin all ripped and discolored. She dabbed some herbal creams onto the open wounds and rubbed witch hazel on the bruises. She had spent a good deal of money on that witch hazel, but she thought she could spare some. It'd go bad if it was left unused, after all. She then pulled out the bandages. "Lia's going to wrap you up so that you heal." Aelia found herself quite found of speaking about herself in the third person. It made her feel important. Needed and loved. Though she knew she was not loved. Perhaps only to an odd friendship extent, but not really. Not the kind that any other parents would have wanted for her. Not the exciting kind.

Scipio felt her touch his wound again. Was it that bad? Was it lethal? Would it take him from the world? Would it rob from him a chance at life? Probably not, if he'd endured it as long as he had. "Now dignty. No, not a bite." Didn't she see it? He didn't have any and never did. Who else would sit, naked, in the HQ barracks with a woman. No sober man and few drunk men. Few would sit where all could see him. No longer did he care. Not since he had been just a child. He hadn't been clothed, then, either, but he did have a blanket. It was when he came to the assassins. Stumbled upon them by chance. he was given a chance, there. He would never forget the knowing look in his old mentor's eyes. He'd known the feeling. But it was every day that Scipio lived with the shame. He would someday take his revenge. He'd show the town what the guards were made of. What the Templars were made of. Though his Templar friend would never send the others his way, it was out of his hands, sometimes. Scipio was still upset. Still angry. "Ne'ermind."

Aero watched and listened as he waited for a response. She seemed motherly. Aero had a weird feeling wash over him. He had never had a mother's love. At least, never that he could remember. He grew up on the streets, the darkness raised him. The day tested him, the winters scolded him, the summers gifted him, and the rain washed him. The world was his parent, it had taught him everything he knew about living. He learned his skills as a thief from the purest need to survive. It wasn't until his master came along that he learned what a parent was like. His master was kind, caring, and very wise. At least that's how Aero saw him. Aero saw his master as a father, and when he could actually understand the concepts of the brotherhood he considered his master a sibling. And older brother that was watching out for his younger brother. A smile came to Aero's face as he listened to Aelia. A tear quickly formed in his eye and streaked down his face like rain on a window. His memories were happy ones, and Aelia's acts resurfaced them. It made him glad to see the ties of brotherhood so strong among them. He hoped he could be close to Casio and Aelia, he hoped they would soon trust him and they could be a powerful triumvirate for the guild. But first he had to get their trust.

Casio moaned softly when he was stripped. The pain was completely horrible; and the cold air that met his matted wounds. This was horrible. Why did he have to be so stupid? It was like every other time- not actually being tended too like this, but actually laying in his bed and writhing in his headache. Aelia's cloth wiped gently at his wound, making him groan softly. That was better... He didn't like being bare on his bed though. In fact, he hated being bare at all. Which was why he hardly washed. Well, that was not the point. The point was that he was afraid of water. His eyes drifted up to her as she treated his bruises and ripped skin with soothing creams and other medicines. Casio felt much better- his body felt fresh and cared for and glossy, no longer stick with blood and sweat. "Lia," he whispered, his eyes half closed. The nice treatment he was getting made him sleepy. Aelia was so nice... So very nice. She was lovely. Brown hair and almost as brown eyes. Aelia seemed to be sour and dry and nasty, but she was nice when it came to healing and coaxing. Casio knew that he was going to get bandaged- that was what he hated the most. Uncomfortable bandages making his wounds all itchy! He stirred softly, trying to cover himself up. He was cold. Of course he lost a lot of blood. But still, he was becoming edgy. He wanted to sleep and Aelia had to do a lot more.

Ambra glanced up at Scipio when he said he didn't get a bite of respect. What did he mean? Aelia blinked slowly and unwrapped some of the bandages from the ball. Scipio was acting weird. The lovely, happy go lucky man was getting her depressed. Ripping some of the bandages off, she began to wrap it around Scipio's shoulder. The words that he muttered. They were dark. Almost frustrated. It was true- Scipio didn't get any respect. Everyone made fun of him when he had his back turned, and he knew it. Ambra did too. But Casio got respect because he was an Assassin Leader. The woman looked to the side and sighed. "Maybe you should talk to Aelia about that." Ambra said. "You can say that you're feeling down and disrespected. She would do something to help." her blue eyes went to his face as she patched a cut up as well. Ambra patched the rest of her mentor up before slipping on his cloak again. "There we go." she whispered. "Now you should get some rest. Will you train me tomorrow?"

Aelia looked up from her bandaging. She started with his arms, which had a few scratches and scrapes. "Yes?" She kept patching him up, though. What would he say? Oh, and his jaw looked out of place. Dislocated! That was it. She put down the bandage she was holding and placed one hand on his bottom teeth and the other below his chin. "Lia's going to put your jaw back in place. It's going to hurt." She started to push, push, push. She knew it would be hurting him, but constantly keeping his mouth open would be even worse. She gave a big heave and it popped back in. Aelia sighed, relieved that she had done the right thing. To make sure it wouldn't pop out again, she put a bandage around his head vertically, keeping his mouth from opening too wide. She had no idea if it was the right thing to do, but she wouldn't let on. The woman continued to bandage him up afterwards. "Just one last bandage..."

Scipio yawned as the cloak slid back over his head. "Grazie," he grinned. His Italian was unaccented, something he'd worked on with Casio for a long time. Scipio had considered learning Latin from Aelia, but perhaps that was for later. He also knew that Aelia spoke more languages than she let on, for her family was older than she told. He knew she knew how to greet people in Arabic, something about her family setting up a short-lived trade in Turkey? He knew that she knew some ancient language that predated Latin, her favorite language. he also knew that she was struggling to keep speaking in English. One could hear it in her voice how she rolled her tongue and spoke with a Latin accent. He knew it saddened her that Latin was becoming a forgotten language. He wondered what languages Ambra spoke. She seemed well-rounded, but what did he know? Nothing, of course.

Aero coughed again. More blood arose and sprayed from his mouth. His breathing was now sounding strained, as if he had fluid in his lungs. Dammit. He thought. I am in worse condition than I thought I was in. He clutched his side and winced. And my leg is still numb, but I'm starting to get some feeling back. He wasn't sure what to do, he needed to speak to Aelia, but he needed to get patched up himself. Why did he have to be so reckless? He should've seen than coming, of course it would be a trap. He cursed himself silently and made his way back over to the chair, he collapsed in it and doubled over, coughing again. This time a lot more blood came from his mouth and splattered in a puddle on the floor. He then started to question whether or not he was going to die. He decided that he wasn't but he still had doubts. It's starting to get to the point that I can hardly breath with this pain.