TwilightMoonDragon

Shadows: Whisper | Assassin's Creed

A broad smile spread across Otto's face as his eyes caught sight of the blood from the fallen guard. Just the sight alone got his blood to boil as he started to fall into a blood lust and the fights that were breaking out across the tavern was not helping at all. He heard the taunt that was given by the assassin that had struck down the guard and he gave a thick laugh as he stood straight and threw the shield into the fighting people where it slammed into a person. He than grabbed the war ax that hung from his other hip so that he was ready to cut down anyone that got in his way. "I accept your challenge assassin, but be prepared to die." He roared as he charged forward taking advantage of Casio being knocked to the ground and slashing at anyone who got in his way. Otto wasn't thinking clear anymore as his adrenaline was pumping through his body and nothing allowing him to make a rational thought besides slash, slash, and more slashing.

Casio saw Otto come toward him, and his heart thumped louder and louder. He had to think for a bit, since he was an assassin and he should be able to think before attacking. The man was larger and heavier than he was. Casio was smaller and lighter than he was. Casio would have to rely on quickness and stealth alone if he was to take this guard down. So, at the glint of an axe, Casio quickly rolled out of the way of the guard and swept out his leg for a leg sweep. It would hurt, but if that bundle of armor fell over onto the ground he would be able to land a few blows on him. In the middle of this, he thought of Scipio. And at the thought of Scipio, he felt lopsided. Dammit, why did he have to get buzzed right now? Why not any other day? When Aelia was around and she could kick some ass.

Aelia was good at kicking butts. She had kicked his once of twice when they were training. It was funny at times how he would use improper moves on her, such as grabbing hold of her leg to knock her down or biting her neck to make her flail around. But like he always said, anything went when it came to fighting. It was all about survival. But still! How he wished that she was here right now. There was enough noise to attract anyone there. But still, no assassin came, and he couldn't call for help above all the noise. This place was just too loud. And he was sure that he was going to be feeling this pain in the morning. Aelia would probably yell at him while she or someone else tended to his wounds. He kind of wished that she would because she was gentle while wiping deep cuts clean and applying treatment to a bloody gash.

"Well, that makes our search a little more complicated. Oh well, I guess that means I get to spend longer doing something I love." He said. He looked around the room quickly and he found what he was looking for. A wooden ladder leaning against a bookshelf. It's old mahogany frame was dusty from years of disuse and some of it's rungs were broken. He began to climb and the rungs creaked as he did so. He climbed up to the top, where old books that were once vibrant shades of reds, blues, and yellows were now faded and dim from years of use, and dusty from neglect. The shelf he grabbed on to was dusty and unclean, he climbed higher to the top of that shelf and stood, perched like he was about to make a leap of faith. He had a great view of the large library from that spot.

He took no time to admire the many tall and long bookshelves that were organized so neatly throughout the room. He switched his eyes to eagle vision, his irises glowing a slight golden as he did, a trait that seemed to appear in him for some reason, perhaps from years of constant use. He scanned and was able to analyze a lot more books from his vantage point rather than from down on the floor. He liked the view, but he didn't see any books that matched the description. He turned and saw a place in the wall behind him that seemed almost like a door. He took his hidden blade and cut the wallpaper around the seems and found a spot where the handle would be. He grasped the handle firmly and he slid the door open, there was a passage way just behind it that lead into darkness. "I found a door up here!" He called down to Ambra. He pushed the door open and crawled through a bit. "It goes back pretty far! I'll need a light to continue through! But there's a symbol just inside the door that matches that of the one in the book!" He said crawling back out and climbing down.

Edited by Danniphantom

Ambra watched as the Master Assassin climbed up a dusty pillar of bookshelves. Oh, how she loved books. Reading them and analyzing them was just beautiful. The words, the lovely words that someone had scrolled onto them ages ago... She could just imagine writing an important book for the assassins. But sadly, she would not ever do that. Sure, she wrote poems and sometimes was daring enough to utter them to some fellow assassins, but she usually kept I filled books hidden away in a small bookshelve that was here. She watched as Aero looked around, probably using Eagle Sense; she had that gift too, along with the other assassins, but it was rusty and dry and somewhat useless due to her being just a twenty year old servant. She had heard that the assassins got better at Eagle Sense the more time they were there... So, she wasn't worrying too much. Aero was taking a while though. It was only his voice that brought her back to the present, and she shook her head free of thoughts as she watched the blond come closer, asking for a light. "Light. Sure." she whispered, lighting a new candlestick and giving it to Aero. So he found a passage with the symbol in the book? That was strange. Ambra loved her library but she would never dare to climb those bookshelves. She could tear a binding or something like that. "Be careful." she said, looking at him with slight amusement. "I don't want to follow after you and drag your unconscious self out of that god forsaken place if you don't return."

Fiona was working around the florist shop when she heard someone enter. "Hello can I help you- Hey!" Fiona said as the man put a dagger near her throat. "Give me the money!" the thieve ordered. Fiona was pushed harshly towards the spot where she kept the money. The man greedily started to stuff money into his pockets. While the man was not watching she picked up a broom stick carefully so she would not alert the man. When the thieve turned around he got hit at the head with the broom stick. "OW!" he was surprised about how strong she really is. She raised the broom stick and the guy bolted out of the shop real quick. "THIEVE GET BACK HERE!!!" Fiona chased the man down. People moved out of the way as she was chasing down the thieve. "Get back here you thieve!!" Fiona yelled. The man kept running and thinking that he would loose her. Fiona was catching up to the man. People moved out the way when the thieve ran by. Fiona tossed the broom stick and hit the thieve directly at the back of the head. The thieve nearly tripped and kept stumbling.

(Sorry for being gone so long. My mom and I went shopping.)

Scipio ducked out of the way when a fist came towards his face. What the...? These friends were weird. Didn't they know that someone could get hurt? Scipio heard Casio yelling something and one of the oddly-garbed friends yelling something back, but he could not make out the words. The assassin extended his hidden blade and slashed wildly, aimlessly. He heard some groans and screams, but had no idea of what was going on. He could feel a big bump near his feet, but couldn't see what it was. "Cassie...," he groaned as a punch landed on his jaw. Stumbling back, he felt another impact on his back. "Cassie!" His voice had gotten louder, but it was not yet a scream. Scipio punched and slashed again, trying to aim for the moving, grunting, shiny figures. Though it was hard, he had gotten down a sort of strategy, though he sometimes missed or forgot momentarily. "Gah!" He cried out in pain as his upper arm was slashed by a knife. The blood stained his cloak, but he still used his left arm to stab and slash again. What's these guys' problem? Why would they just barge in and start a fight? What authority did they have to do so? It didn't matter...

Aelia passed the bar on a roof next to it and heard oddly loud screams. Who was that? Scipio...Casio...? Oh, God... Aelia jumped down with bent knees and stood up. Should she reconsider? No, if Casio and Scipio were drunk and in trouble, things would not end well. Stalking into the tavern, she took a good look at the carnage. Sighing, Aelia put a smile on her face and cleared her throat. "Hey! Hey!" She tried to gain the attention of the men, but only some looked. "HEY," she screeched. She smiled a bit as all the eyes turned. "Why are you guys fighting my...brother and..." Aelia had to pause and gulp before proceeding with her sentence. "And my husband? They didn't do anything wrong...were just poor peasants..." She forced a tear to creep into her eye and down her face. "Please...stop hurting them..." Hoping her story was good enough, she put a hand to her face to wipe away the fake tears rolling down her cheeks.

[Lol, mom and I go shopping all the time. xd.png]

Casio felt someone fall on top of him, making him lose his breath. The person was heavily armored and he really couldn't tell who or what it was. So he, of course, thought it was a Templar. Slaloming his fist as close as possible to his face, he gasped in shock when he missed and hit the wall behind his enemy. Casio choked when the man started to smash his face in. Casio hardly could form audible and sensible words through the drunkenness and the pain and the blood. Casio raised his legs to push the man off of his body, and he whirled around to see Scipio being overwhelmed. He seemed to be slashing at nothing. Poor Scipio! He was about to leap- or totter - to his rescue, but then a woman came in, sobbing about beating up her brother and husband. What? Aelia had a brother? And a husband? His eyes went around the bar and tried to pick out faces that were looking at her with a worries look. Though, he then realized that she was talking about them. Wait. When did he get married to her?

"Lia," he gasped out, spluttering out blood and a bit of vile. Ugh, he felt horrible! He just wanted to go home, to curl up on his bed and try to patch himself up. Because Aelia wouldn't do it. Maybe Scipio would! He was his buddy. He staggered to his feet, leaning heavily against the wall yet maintaining a slumped and painful looking position. "Ugh... Thanks for comin'... I want to go 'some now." he struggled to remain conscious. "Can we go home?"

"Yes, dear. Let's help Sci out. I think he's too unsteady to walk. Er...you don't look well either." Aelia kept the tears going. She'd learned how to cry on command when her parents had died. She cry to make the others leave her alone. She didn't want the attention! The pity! The woman ran over to Casio and, after looking him over, kissed him briefly. It'd have to look real, after all. No weak woman would not want to kiss her husband after such an event. After sharing tender eye contact with him for a few seconds, she turned to Scipio. "Are you alright, Sci? I knew you shouldn't have gone drinking! This tavern isn't safe. Oh, brother! Can you stand? Can you hear me?" Looking flustered, she turned back to her new 'husband'. "What wrong with him? Did you two have too much to drink? And why did you two pick a fight with these guards? They are just here to protect us from those...assassins..." She thought of what she had said. The Templars were hardly their protectors. They were brutal killers! They took lives for no reason! Evil, evil people.

Scipio heard a woman yelling about something. Oh, great; more noise. He stopped attacking though, edging towards Casio and the other lady. Vision fading in and out, he saw her face clearly for a brief moment. Ale! It was Ale! Ale had come to save them! Hearing Casio call her Lia, he decided that was what he would call her. He listened to her fret and to a moment of silent before she spoke again. "I am well enough, Lia." Then, Scipio could feel the alcohol coming up again. Turning away from Casio and Ale, he let it come. The man ended up vomiting all over a Templar, though he was hardly aware. He let the retching rattle his body. Over and over. Wiping his mouth, Scipio stood up straight again. "Too much...drinking..." The man held back another gag. The taste was...unbearable. Even more unbearable than the alcohol itself. His state, in itself, was unbearable.

(Yes, Ale had come to save them! xP)

Edited by Mousia

Otto felt his legs fall out from under him as the assassin seemed to sweep his legs which made him crash onto the ground in a heap of armor that made the wooden floor boards crack from the pressure. As he laid on the floor he could feel people around him continue to fight and he saw that another one of his guards had been taken down and didn't seem to be moving. As he slowly got to his feet he scanned the area for the man he had been fighting and noticed he was a few groups of fighters away from him but he also had his hands full as people took it upon themselves to try and attack him with their own personal weapons which he quickly dispatched with his ax and sword. He than started to make his way over to the assassin when a woman started to yell in the doorway. She said that the two assassins were her brother and husband which Otto had a hard time believing but didn't feel like arguing the point here, they could always do that in the torture room.

"I wouldn't even think of leaving so fast you three." Otto's voice boomed over the rest of the people toward the three suspected assassins. The last two guards formed back up on their Captain and one looked like he had been puked on by a drunkard and was fuming about he fact. He knew that the roaming patrols of guards would've heard the commotion of the fighting and would be here any minute now to figure out what had happened. Otto sheathed both of his weapons and picked up his shield where it lay on top of a still body, he kept his shield ready just encase something happened as he walked over to the three. "You will still need to come with me back to my headquarters as I have a few questions for you. This is non-negotiable." He told them as he shook some blood from his shield which made the cross glisten even redder.

Casio grumbled under his breath when the woman came closer and pressed her lips against his. The contact was nice, but he could hardly react. Why she had kissed him, he didn't know. Why she had kissed him after he had puked out a bit of blood and throw up, he didn't know. Casio raised a hand to touch his face on an eye. Ugh, that was certainly a black eye. It would be swollen for a while. The beautiful lady in front of him shared a tender eye contact with him, and it made his body keel over. Ugh. This was it. The sound of Scipio vomiting made him want to vomit. And so, he wretched. And wretched. And wretched until his sides were threatening to rip open. After he was done, he looked back up at Otto, wiping the spit and vile from his mouth. What Scipio said was true. Too much drinking. "Too much drinking," he mumbled after Scipio, stumbling over to him and leaning up against his side. He started to wipe any drool that was leaking out of his mouth and the snot running from his nose on Scipio's clothes before grumbling under his breath. "Lia, we drank and drank and drank and drank and then they come." he explained to the woman, throwing an arm at Otto's way freely. "And they fight with us." his Italian accent was thicker than usual, and his soft side had been coming out for a while. Tears came to his eyes and his face flushed, and he wiped himself on Scipio again. The man's cloak was already had shades of sickly red on a patch. Ugh. He belched again, before throwing his head to the side before throwing up again. He didn't know what he was going to do. How was he going to get up? His blue eyes wavered to Otto, and he frowned. "Can we schedule somethin' for 'nother day? 'ike a ticket?" he asked, poking his bottom lip out.

[Yep, and we didn't expect Ale to save the day, since they were drunk enough. xd.png]

Edited by TwilightMoonDragon

Aero smiled and continued to climb, this time he decided to have a bit of fun with it and jump bookshelf to bookshelf. His quick, agile nature came through as he leaped from the bookshelf. He grabbed the ledge and threw the candle into the passage. It illuminated the dark stone walls that lined the passage way. "It looks like the passage was carved with a knife." Aero said pulling himself up. "I wonder who made it." He added as his blonde spiky hair disappeared into the tunnel. He grabbed the candle and made his way through.

It was short, about 50 feet long then it opened up into a small room. It was a little taller than he was and about 10 feet long. There was a pedestal at the very end of the room with a book on it. It had the symbol of the assassins on it. He approached it, as he did torch sconces at the end of the room on either side of the pedestal revealing the decay of the room. The walls were crumbling and it seemed like water was starting to leak through the cracks, making it even decay even more. Aero took the time to admire the writing on the walls, though they were far too eroded to actually be recognized. He could see that they were of Greek origin though. He approached the pedestal and ran his fingers across the books cover and spine. Admiring it as much as possible.

He slowly wrapped his hands around the book and lifted it off it's stone and marble placement. As he did there was a slight rumble. A stone fell from the ceiling as it began to crack. Aero became wide-eyed as he dove for the exit, book in hand. The ceiling collapsed crushing everything inside. Dust and debris poured out from the tunnel creating a cloud that was difficult to see in the dim light of the library. But the sound of the debris falling on the books and the collapsing ceiling could easily be heard in the stillness of the room. Aero was silent, no sign of him exiting the tunnel.

(I figured it sounded enough like Aelia, so...xd.png)

Aelia wrinkled her nose in disgust. She would surely divorce Casio as soon as they went back home. Divorce being theoretical because, of course, they were never married. She she would trace her bloodline to make sure that Scipio was not included. That would be disgusting! Being related to such a man with a friend such as Casio. His handsomeness was definitely not showing through in his retching. Oh, Casio, you have nothing going for you, now.

"No, sir. We'll not go with you. We'll go home, we'll not bother you again. Understand?" She looked at the three remaining guards with a poisonous gaze. "You'll let us go because we did nothing wrong. We did not steal from you, we did not kill...most of you. We did not do any more than protect ourselves." Aelia's hands were hangin down, though she was fully prepared to extend her dual hidden blades and make mince meat of those guards. She was piping mad, had the taste of stale ale and vomit on her tongue, and was certainly not an agreeable woman in the first place. Her eyes resting on Otto, who appeared to have the best armor and be in charge. He was like her... No, she was more cunning and less full of herself. It was as if he did not know how to go without feeling...on top. In control. Sickening...

Aelia heard Scipio and Casio vomiting again and sighed. What weak stomachs. What weak mean. Who was a man to need a woman's help? Oh, they'd never live it down. She remind everyone even when she was old, frail and sitting in a rocker. But what about her future? What would it hold? Would grow to infertility without children? Would she leave her family's memory in the dust? Or would she carry on the bloodline? She'd have to find someone suitable... Thinking of it, no one really seemed so. Those that were her age did not seem to make good fathers. Those who seemed to be good fathers were past their primes. It seemed she was trapped. Trapped in a world of drunkards and oldies and bookworms. No one was like her. No one could help her in that way.

Aero hadn't come back; that concerned Ambra. She watched around the area and signed. Where was he? She heaved another heavy sigh, and shook her head. Maybe someone had gotten to Aero before he got out. She sat down at he desk and wrote a journal entry. A journal entry about Aero. About how he might be dead and she would not be able to help him even from the beginning. Assassins were like that of course. They knew that they would die and that they fullyaccepted it. But when she heard more silence, she looked up. "Aero?" she called rather loudly.

[short post, bedtime.]

Otto wrinkled his nose at the sight and smell of the vomit which was happening right in front of him. He noticed that the man he had been facing had an Italian accent which was useful because that could mean he was a foreigner in this land which he could use against him, but that wasn't saying much as he himself was also a foreigner. "These men did plenty wrong and knowing you were not here from the beginning, I know you can not speak on their behalf. That one there was the one that struck the first blow and killed my lieutenant." Otto told the woman as he pointed at Casio which a hint of an accent which suggested that the Germanic tongue was not his first language but Arabic was.

Otto was struggling with the choice of forcible seizing these people which he was certain were assassins or letting them go this one time. On the one hand if he captured these three and they turned out to be assassins, than he would fuel his ego even more and there might be a promotion in it for him in the near future. But on the other hand, if these people were not assassins it would be a blow to his ego and he would get a lashing from his superiors. He let out a deep growl as he came to a decision. "Fine, you may go this time but if I see any of you three again. I will not hesitate to put you in irons or even cut you down. Remember the generosity of the Templar Captain Otto." He told them as he looked at the them through the slit in his armor.

A frown crept across her face as the guard man struck down her arguments. Though when he decided to let them go, she smiled widely. "Thank you, mister. Thank you, thank you." The English had always been tough for her, but she could not help letting her Latin show through. It had been her mother tongue and would always be. "Gratias tibi, Magister. Nolle nos ... non videbitis." She let another smile show through before turning and frowning at the mess they had made. The vomit and blood cover the floor and she was sure she'd be smelling it every day for the next year. "Come, then. We must leave this...Otto...and his troops in peace. Or in as much peace as possible." She let a small, fake smiled flicker across her lips, though it was difficult to smile in that place. Oh, it smelled so bad... She'd have to slap them again, she figured. "Melius enim vobis facio elit," she whispered to herself.

Scipio tried to hobble away, gripping Casio's sleeve tightly. His cloak was stained and rancid-smelling and so was his mouth. His whole body ached and radiated sickness and pain. "Lia...Cassie..." He took another few steps before stopping and leaning to a stool. No, he would not move any farther. It was too hard. Much too hard. Nothing in the world could get him to move another inch. Unless... No, she wouldn't help them. She was clean and they were dirty. She had just saved both of their lives and they were still sick and wounded. She'd probably just leave them to die or drown in their own vomit. Or to be killed by the Templars. He doubted she'd risk any more than she had already. She had never been so generous. Maybe it had something to do with what she'd told Casio. Maybe she did like Casio. Grinning, Scipio let out a hearty laugh before stopping to let his alcohol out again. Still, and awful taste.

(Translations:)

(First line: Thank you, Mister. You will not see us again...in theory.)

(Second line: You two had better make up for this later.)

Edited by Mousia

Several minutes passed and Aero woke up covered in dust. Hist sandy blonde hair was almost grey with all the dust that it was covered by. He picked himself up and grabbed the book and made his way out of the tunnel. He managed to get out, but his rib was broken and he couldn't feel his leg at that time. He coughed and covered some of his hand and mouth with blood. He got out of the tunnel and practically rolled off of the bookshelf. He grabbed onto one of the shelves on his way down which slowed his descent but also caused him to flip in mid air. He landed on a rather soft stack of books and rolled to a stop by Ambra. "Did you miss me?" He chuckled a bit. His blue-grey eyes were slightly glazed and his hair was hanging in his face over his right eye, blood ran down either side of his mouth to his chin and he was a little bruised. All-in-all not in very bad shape for someone who just had a ceiling collapse on them.

"Hope I didn't make you worry too much." He said slowly standing up, with quite a bit of difficulty considering his fall. He set the journal on the table and collapsed in a chair. There was a loud crack as he reset his rib. "Augh!" He said loudly as he did, he coughed again- more blood. He would live but he was in rough condition. "First week back in Rome and I'm already in terrible shape." He chuckled, wincing a bit from the pain.

((Same.))

Casio blinked up at the Arabic man when he let them go. A smirk was hidden behind his glazed eyes that showed sickness and weariness due to the blood loss. His eye was hurting more than ever, and his jaw seemed to be dislocated. He got to his feet and staggered against Scipio, burying his face into the man's neck and groaning loudly. He tried not to vomit along with Scipio again. But he knew that he wasn't going to be able to walk to the HQ by himself. Muttering a few curses under his breath, he got up once more and leant heavily against the woman that he called his friend. "Carry me," he said, wrapping his arm around Aelia's neck and sniffled softly. This was horrible, oh so horrible. He felt sick. So very sick and he had a horrible headache.

Well, at least he could just to home and not have to fight anymore. The olace where Ottot had tripped over on his leg was sore as hell. So he had to lift it up gingerly and sniffle softly in complaint. "I have to patch Scipio up," he looked over at Scipio. "Or maybe Ambra can and you. An help me?" he figured that Scipio and him couldn't help each other if they were both so hurt that they couldn't even stand straight. So maybe the woman could help them. "Sorry." he whispered, his eyes sliding shut. "I just wanna come home."

Ambra stared at someone that had rolled up to her. It surely startled her. She was not used to anyone being in her library so she panicked easily. And Aero rolling up to her while sitting up with a broken rib freaked the crap out of her. He was coughing out blood and everything! She would never forgive herself if Aero died of internal bleeding. Ambra was kind of one of those people who was a medic- she always patched up people and did whatever to get them better.

"Aero, oh my god." she whispered sharply and stared at him with wide blue eyes. She got up from her desk and made her way over to him. Aero sure seemed beat up. "Are you cut up anywhere that I have to latch up?" she asked, looking over his face and fingers trailing over his face and skin to see if he needed anything patched up. Of course, he would say no. Male assassins usually did that to her. It was as if to impress her or something. But of course, she didn't think it was funny. She wanted all of her Brotherhood to be healthy and strong, and someone saying that they were okay when they weren't was kind of stupid. She hoped that Aero was not one of those people.

"I'm fine, mostly. Considering what just happened." He said. "Can't say so much for any fool who would've gotten caught in that." He said coughing again. His breathing was struggled as his ribs caused him pain every time he inhaled. "Other than that, my rib is broken, but I've reset it, I can't feel my leg, I don't know if that means it's broken or I just hit it real hard to the point where I damaged it." He said. "But I am unsure of any cuts." He said. He wasn't bleeding, he just had several bruises and some bum limbs. He lifted his arm and ran his hand through his hair, dust was unsettled and fell in a cloud around his head, his hair returned to a bit of the sandy blonde color that it had been.

"I've found a book." He said. "And that's what's important here. We need to use it to translate the other book. That might give us a big help in finding Altair's Book." He said. He leaned over and opened the book. "Damn." He sighed heavily wincing in pain again. "It's in Greek." He said. "And I don't know Greek." He added. The book was in fact written in Ancient Greek. The worn and yellowed pages were covered in a language that was completely unfamiliar to Aero. The leather binding of the journal was the same. "Who would write a book in Greek, and hide it in Rome?" He asked jokingly.

Aelia felt the man's breath, warm on her neck. Ugh, it smelled like...well, vomit. Scipio gripped her own sleeve and leaned on her as well and she sighed. "We have to walk really slow, okay? You both can lean on me but...you're heavier than I am." She took a step, wishing Casio and Scipio could walk on their own. And then it came to her, the bird whistle. She put a hand to her mouth and imitated what she'd learned as an apprentice, hoping some other assassins would hear. She still had to try to make it out of the tavern, though. Taking another step, she winced at the weight that was place on her body. They were...so...fat...

Still struggling, she tried to pull their arms to urge them along. Still too heavy. Aelia clenched her teeth in effort. She was scared something would rip, but it didn't really matter, did it? All that mattered was getting back to HQ and patching those two idiots up. "After I'm done fixing you two up, you're not going out of the...house...for two days." She was sure that if they went out they could only get in more trouble. Hell, they got in trouble wherever they were!

Lucia had been watching the exit. This had been where Aelia had entered. She came out with Casio and Scipio. Ugh, if so much as a single temple came out of the bar... he would receive an arrow in a vital part, courtesy of Lucia. Aelia whistled and the Apprentice climbed down, placing one hand on the edge and allowing herself to hang for a moment before letting go and landing next to her mentor, Aelia, and Scipio. "I knew I should have followed him." Lucia muttered to herself. "How can I help Master?" Lucia bowed and raised her head, ready for any command. Probably, 'hold this drunkard up while I try to carry this other one'. Either way, they had been in enough trouble that Aelia had been crying. Perhaps manipulating their emotions? If only Lucia had been apprentice to her instead of the drunkard with the black eye. Then she realized she shouldn't have been outside of HQ to begin with. "I'm in trouble aren't I?"

Ambra's eyes grew concerned when Aero said that he was okay. He had reset his broken rib and his leg was stiff. She sighed and shook her head softly. Aero was stubborn. But he got the book! Ambra looked at the book, her eyes narrowed softly. She blinked when she realized that she didn't understand one word of what the book held. Aero declared that it was ancient. Ancient Greek. What the hell. She didn't get one word of Greek and they expected her to translate Ancient Greek. Never. Ambra was not good at Greek at all. "Well, that's not good. Maybe someone didn't want ahyone to read it."

All of a sudden, something whistled in her ear, and Ambra had to tip her head to the side at the intensity. It was an aid whistle. Someone from the Brotherhood needed help nearby. "Someone needs help." she leapt to her feet and ran out the door, not caring if Aero followed. She shot out into the streets, taking out her crossbow and setting it up. She usually didn't fight unless someone used the whistle or she absolutely needed to. And someone needed help. She launched herself through the streets and ran, keeping a firm grip on her crossbow. She ran and ran, that was, until she reached a trio of assassins. Scipio, Casio, and Aelia. What the hell? Casio and Scipio seemed so very drunk ad it looked like they were going to pass out any second.

"What's going on?" Ambra raised her head and allowed her blue eyes to glint out from the rim of the hood.

"Aw, Aelia, *hic* two days?" Casio frowned up at the master assassin and sniffed. He didn't like being locked up for that long! Ambra shook her head and sighed, removing the arrow from her bow and placing it behind her again.

"I guess you need help carrying two drunks back to the place." she said drily, taking Casio's arm and swinging it over her neck. "You take my mentor. I'm not sure what he thinks of his apprentice carrying him back."

"No, no. Just carry Scpio..." Aelia didn't have enough emotions left to feel mad. She had wasted all her disappointment and rage on Scipio and Casio. Wasted all that she could use to feel on those stupid drunkards. The smell of them was horrible and they were heavy and she was tired and she had just had a good mood ruined. Oh, that's right, she had wasted happiness on a walk. Fear on a run. And she had ended up where she was at that moment, covered in the vomit and blood of others and completely stoic. She felt kind of good that way, as if she'd achieved something, but it was quickly gone, the feeling. She just took a step and sighed. "You know, I really had hoped I'd have a nice little walk tonight...," she stated to no one. No one cared. No one could even judge. It didn't matter what she wanted, she was stuck with Casio and Scipio. Nothing could go right if those two were around. Absolutely nothing. It was just like when her parents were around. All they brought was pain to her. And as much as she hated to admit it, it was because she had loved them. Did that mean that she loved Scipio and Casio, too? Perhaps...the kind of love acquired when people have known each other for so long that hating them is not an option and neither is ignoring their existence. So confusing...

(Ninja'd again.)

Edited by Mousia

[Wow. o_o; Maybe Lucia can carry Scipio and Ambra Casio and Aelia can just rest? Got ninja'd.]

(Erm...okay. Aelia's gonna be a bit stubborn, though. Kay?)