TwilightMoonDragon

Shadows: Whisper | Assassin's Creed

Dread Pirate Roberts

"If you don't have a little faith in every new recruit, even if it's only an inkling, you'll never find yourself trusting your very crew." Roberts said, raising his eyebrows to say 'trust me'. "I mean, what's my reputation? I was the pirate of pirates years ago. I owned six ships at my peak. I didn't get there by being nice. Granted, that had it;s role, but I stabbed many men in the back. I betrayed 'friends' that I came across along the way. You didn't shoot me when you saw me. Look at us, having a civil conversation." He touched his nose and said, "But I never betrayed my crew. No matter what I did, I kept their interests and safety in mind. I never put up with mutiny. I never had to worry about my mates trying to usurp me." He shifted his hand to form a gun and aimed it at Theresa. "My point is that you should be cautious, that's only smart. But give the boy a chance. Watch your back but watch his, and he might watch your's."

Poppy

Poppy frowned. "I'm gonna kill you if you don't give me a damn drink." She growled, shifting her tone from nice to angry. Her stance hardened and she grabbed his collar with his other hand, too. She stared him down, sneer on her face. She wasn't stupid. Ceto's drinking problem was the worst of all of their's. When she went through withdrawal she couldn't lead the ship and they were vulnerable. "If I can't get a drink I'm going to get soothing else from you." She shoved him in the storage room again and slammed the door behind her. "I'm gonna get drunk on something."

Ceto Sylvini

Now Ceto was tired. She had sweated all night and it wasn't even morning. The stench of sweat and some of the ale she had spilled on the bed drifted through the air, along with other bodily odors. However, she was calm at the moment. She rested her head on his chest, almost affectionately. Okay, maybe affectionately. But it didn't mean anything. Ceto was always a fan of pillow talk. It was when men were at their mellowest and one could ask them anything. Her hair, however, hung in sopping tendrils around her face, and to her shoulder blades. Aero was quite the white man, she had to admit, for an Italian. Beside him, Ceto looked like she was from Africa. "Now, it's a chilly night, now isn't it?" she complained, huddling under her sheets a bit more. She frowned and cast her eyes toward him. The room was bathed in moonlight, and it almost made everything silver or ivory. "What is your story, Aero? You are Italian, but I do not see many Italians with blond hair and eyes that blue." light talk to others, but this way she could begin to unwind him.

Castiel DuBois

Castiel cast his eyes to the side, trying to avoid Poppy's gaze. He knew what he was doing. Ceto would indeed be vulnerable when she is cut off from her alcohol, but that wasn't the point. The point was that he had to maintain her trust and lust for him, no matter what. As long as he seemed that he loyally carried out any command and continued to be in bed with her, it would work out. She would expect his plan less. Poppy's firm grip on his collar was making the Frenchman a little confused. He knew what he was getting himself into. But Poppy never laid with the same man twice. Or so he thought... Suddenly he found himself being shoved into the storage room. The room was musty and smelled of wood and liquor, and was humid especially when they were in tropical weather. "Why Poppy, I was sure that you had been finished with me?" he grinned, staggering back a bit more to regain his balance. While Castiel was a very tough man, he was very thin. Sturdy, but thin. That almost seemed contradictory.

Garrett Hemsworth

Garrett was tired. He wanted to go to bed, but first he had wanted to say hello to Abe. But before he could, the two lovebirds had been entwined in each other's arms. He stayed to the side, frowning and waiting, politely. But they didn't notice him. Garrett walked down below deck and went to his bunk, laying on his bed. Though... something squishy was under him... and it squeaked in an irritated manner. Garrett perked, pulling back the covers and expecting to find a mouse. But instead he found Ambra. "... What in the name of God are you doing here?" he asked incredulously.

The woman looked stunned as she wormed her way out between the sheets. "There were some mean men that were bothering me over there. I was afraid so I came here." she admitted.

Garrett rolled his eyes and got out from the bunk. He laid down on the floor, seeing as there were no other bunks available.

"You don't have to give up your bed." Ambra peeped at him. It was obvious she was spooked and Garrett thought it was wrong to treat a woman like crap so soon after she was harassed.

"It's quite alright." Garrett sighed as he rolled to one side. "I'm used to being cold anyway."

Edited by TwilightMoonDragon

He sighed, expecting her not to say anything. When she did, he watched her. Lonely? Bad? His eyes narrowed as he thought of his times on the street. Well, they weren't exactly nice to him either. He gave her a warm smile. "Well, I'm glad to hear it. I mean... not that you had a bad time.. I just.. uh... Nevermind..." He stuttered, fumbling over his own words. Jesus, he was stupid. He smiled at her and walked farther away. "I... I guess I'll go find someone else to bother. I'm... sorry." He told her, walking away.

Good job, genius... He walked around the ship, not really even sure what to do with himself. Where was Aero? Allen hadn't the foggiest what they wanted him to be doing. Maybe he should go around asking for a job... It was better than sitting around... He began wandering around, a flustered expression on his face. He found himself in what looked like crew quarters and a man was sleeping on the floor. Wait... Was he okay? Allen ran over, standing near the man. "Hey, you okay? You didn't pass out did you?" he asked, looking around at the man.

Edited by legendoflink17

Garrett Hemsworth

Suddenly, someone walked up to him. It was a young boy, asking if he passed out. Sitting up, he gazed at Allen. "God, man, do I look like I'm drunk?" he asked, running a hand through his hair. He didn't look bad right? "There's a woman in my bed. I have nowhere else to sleep."

[Morning.]

"I don't know where... Where you got that from." Poppy said. Still drunk. "I said I'd get... Get something from you." She walked forward to him and grabbed hold of his pants, grinning. "Besides. You were pretty good last time..." She whispered in his ear.

((Um... It's something.))

Edited by Dusset

Abe smiled and wiped off the soot with her sleeve. "Good then. I hate soot. Ancestors or no, it's dirty and I hate dirt." Laughing with her hearty belly laugh, she leaned on Cullen and grabbed at his clothing to be sure she wouldn't fall right over. Her knees felt weak already. Ah well... After recovering from the fit, she looked up and smiled, pulling away curtly. "It is good to see you again, but I have to go. I'll see you later." Scurrying off into the crowd, she was distracted by her thoughts and, as she got shoved in such a way that she could not stumble back for some reason, she fell. Only after she had landed on a man's lap did she realize that she had been shoved into a sitting Garrett who had been talking to a new arrival previously. "Oh...um..."

(There. It's relatively short, but it's all I have the will to do at this point. I hope you're happy, TMD.)

((I won't even bother with Cullen.))

Poppy

After romping for awhile, Poppy laid on the floor of the storage room, body entangled with Castiel's. She'd sobered up since they'd started, and she was coming back down off her adrenaline. Heartbeat and breathing beginning to level out, she said, "I think that was better than booze." High praise from a pirate. "Where'd you learn... When you... With the... That was pretty great when you... With your..." Sex from boredom had never been so fulfilling. She almost felt like she wanted something more but before she gave that thought a second to develop she sat up and pulled away, starting to pull on her dress. Since they'd been waiting on the two fumbling idiots to get their act together, she had decided to be a little more free. It wasn't the one Castiel had suggested, rather it was plain, green and had no style about it at all, besides the belt she used to sinch it. "I knew I was right when I said we should do it again."

Garrett Hemsworth

The floor was cold, but, now he had been sitting up. Ambra looked so warm in his bed, but the woman had been nice enough to ask if he wanted his bed back. Yawning, he rubbed his eyes. A lot of people were bustling about, but it all turned violent when something landed on his lap. For a moment he thought it was a drunk, but just as he was about to push the person off he saw that it was Abe. Blushing furiously, he nudged her off instead and glanced away. The blush was still on his face as he struggled to form coherent words. "Hello, master gunner... how are you?" his voice came out like a squeak, and he covered his mouth, blushing more furiously. Cullen and him were on better terms, all buddy buddy. But that didn't mean that he couldn't take in her pretty face. That didn't mean that he couldn't let his eyes linger for more than he should. Shaking his head, he looked down at his lap. "Um, you're kinda sorta sitting on my lap. It kind of hurts really. N-not that I don't like it..." oh God, did he really let that spill out? He tried to wiggle his way out from under Abigail, his face like a tomato.

Castiel Dubois

The warm body of Poppy was very nice to feel. She was skinny, yet fit, and very hardy. Perfect for the life on a ship. His eyes had been closed when Poppy untangled herself from him, the only complaint from him being a grunt. Eyes opening, he began to dress as well. "I knew that it was a good idea. And for your questions, I've picked up many things from the women I visit in the brothels. Many come from exotic lands and have exotic ways of pleasuring a man." he chuckled and yanked on his pants. They were rough against his groin, because he had no underwear. He knew that it was not uncommon, but it was still very uncomfortable, especially after womping. He glanced at her, grinning. "You are a very strange woman, Poppy. That isn't even your real name, now is it? Your real name is Heidi. Pretty, isn't it? From Germany." he remained laying on the floor, resting his stubble chin in his hand.

Poppy

"Women, as well." Poppy said with a wink as she slipped her flail back onto her belt. She'd made sure to drop the spiked ball before anything serious happened, lest it end up in someone's crotch. "I stick with Poppy because it keeps people in check." She said, sitting on a crate. "And when people who don't know ask about it, I show them how I got it." She grinned. She'd made many a confident men cry. She didn't play around. "Heidi doesn't get me anywhere. It doesn't warrant respect or fear." Poppy doesn't exactly make friends, though. Heidi used to. But I'm not Heidi anymore. I'm a different woman now.

(Tone it down, guys.)

"Yeah... I'm sorry. I tripped..." Struggling to get up, her hand slipped and she fell on top of him again, nearly nose to nose with him. She finally resolved to simply roll away and stand, blushing quite visibly. "Sorry... I haven't slept in a time and I haven't eaten. Maybe I should...uh...go..." Looking at her hand, she cursed quietly to herself. "Do you have a knife in here? I got a splinter and I fear it will get infected if I don't take it out."

(Short because I wanted to give him room to react and stuffs.)

[Okay Moose.]

Castiel DuBois

Castiel nodded his head and glanced away. "... Poppy... sometimes I wonder about this ship. It isn't like... it's not going to stay afloat. At least, not with Ceto in charge. I hear whisperings, murmurings. Some are planning to stage a coup." he, of course, had been placing those thoughts there. But he could at least pretend to be innocent.

Garrett Hemsworth

Suddenly she pressed closer. Garrett grunted, gazing up at her with wide eyes. Why was she so close? But she rolled off, asking for a knife. He pulled one out and handed it to her. He said nothing as he trembled, trying to keep his emotions under wraps. He was pretty sure he was sweating...

[Movie.]

Poppy

Why was he telling her this? What value did she have to him? "Not to mention she's the prime reason you won't let me have any of this fine liquor under my rump." She jested with a smile. Her smile fell a bit and she said, "You know you're suggesting treason, right? That if you fail you'll be run through on the spot?" Rebelling. Why was she so cautious? She'd killed her father. That's probably the epitome of rebellion. How was this different? Kill the leader who had too tight a grip on the collective group? She didn't even have to be convinced. "I'm in." She'd long since thought about overthrowing their 'queen'. She'd been collecting favor and favors for more than one reason, and this was one of them.

Castiel DuBois

The Frenchman laughed a bit, especially when the woman said that she was in. He had a direct ally at the moment, one who was ready to betray the captain. That meant that they were linked in something that could kill them both. "You are a wonderful woman, Poppy. Beautiful, skinny... and deadly, at that. Like one of those gorgeous tropical flowers that will kill you as soon as you swallow them." Castiel leant back and placed a ragged and used cigarette in his mouth. He lit it and began to smoke. "You know that there are those who will be loyal to Ceto until the end. The Englishman. Her first mate. The Irishfolk. They all have to be rid of. Or brainwashed. I personally think the latter is the best bet. Having an ox like Hemsworth and an archer and navigator like Reid will be worth it. Shame if we throw their sorry hides to the sharks." he laughed. "And then... then I can be captain. And you'll be my first mate. And we'll rename the Sista Viska and plunder all of we want. But first... we need to get through the minds of those who might stand beside Ceto."

Theresa

"I only doubt him because he was so eager to join a cause so obviously awful. We told him we were pirates, and he didn't even flinch. He expected it, and he didn't bother to even refuse." Theresa shook her head. She knew this advice, but it wasn't as though she could apply it right away. Allen wasn't a real part of the crew and was so far untested. "I just fear that he's either foolhardy or a traitor. I don't want someone who just wants to die."

[Night...]

Roberts shrugged. "I wouldn't know. I just learned he existed." He said. He removed a flask from his belt and took a swig. Setting it on the table, he was fairly bored with speaking or Allen. "Terry, what're you here for, anyways? Since we're talking about why this kid is. You don't seem the kind to hang around. I mean, why would you stay with Ceto? You could have so much more if you set your mind to it. What keep you around? I'm here because I've sold my loyalty, and my word is my manhood, so I'll stay until the paycheck stops coming, but I doubt that you live by a similar creed." That was probably the best virtue the old buccaneer had. Once he made a promise, once he gave his word, he matched his life to it like a serf to his king.

"Right. Theresa wouldn't betray Ceto. But if you want the Gaelics, you need to get little Abby onboard without me. She won't come if she thinks I'm a major player. Her little navigator will probably follow her in her decision. And if he comes we might get Ambra. They seem friendly." It made enough sense. "Roberts is the wild card. I don't know if he has any interest in captain, but I also don't know where his loyalties lie. Cero has Aero wrapped around her finger, and he's a master. But I have at least a dozen crew members I know I could... 'Convince' to join us."

Castiel DuBois

His fingers began to work at the stubble he had on his chin. That would be tough. Abigail was a smart woman, and he was afraid that she would see through his ruse. And when she did... then he would have to kill her. A crew member that had oh so suddenly disappeared would set Ceto on edge, and they couldn't afford that. Now... if Poppy could use her wit and charm with Garrett, they would have a decent amount of brawn on their side. But brawn wasn't what they needed, but brain as well. If, and only if, they got the Gaelics on their side, they would clearly have the advantage. Now his son... Robb. Robert was strange, but... he wasn't sure if he'll do treason. "I believe that Roberts would do anything for coin. We can pay him a large sum for him. We just need the cash." he paused, crossing his arms. "How about the cabin boys? What do you think they'll say? I think that we need to make up a clever lie to blame on Ceto. If we say she did something incredibly taboo and hated, we'll gain more allies. But what can we blame her for?" he grinned, tapping his chin again. "We can forge one of those Templar papers. Trick her into signing it when she's done. She'll seem like a traitor."

Theresa

"First of all, my name is Theresa. Second of all, you won't see many ships where they would allow someone like myself to become first mate. However, I ended up on this specific ship because of my own history with the Assassins and that's all you need to know," she was mostly upset because Terry was a boy's name. She was a girl, and she'd tried to embrace her father's idea of what a woman should act like while balancing on her Mentor's example. It was a razor thin line that cut her feet, but she never fell from it. She never stepped off or thought about stepping off, simply because that was how she lived her life. "There's also no need to make it sound like a prison sentence. Ceto's a decent captain, and she tries to make sure everyone can get by. She makes a lot of sacrifices for the crew."

[Going to work.]

"Oh my. I duly apologize, miss Theresa, for my blunder." Roberts said, speaking quite proper and generally mocking her, but in good jest, he smiled. "I'll keep the nicknames in check." He drank again and hooked his flask on his belt again. "It's not a prison sentence. Your ship is quite nice and Ceto isn't a buffoon. I get to hang around down here. I have the key to the booze locker," What he liked to call the storage room. "And being buddy, buddy with you assassin-folk might be helpful to my health. I'm not exactly a man without rich enemies, Terry. I mean, Theresa." Hiding in plain sight, right? All that good stuff. "But I can't imagine such a fair woman as yourself an assassin. Not to say you couldn't be. You just don't seem the type."

"I like it." Poppy said with a devious smirk. "We could have her kicked out of the brotherhood. We'd have backing from the Creeds on land. She'd never captain this ship again." She might be killed, though. But she thought even that might be worth it. So was the price of suceeding their leader. "We need to get those papers signed and the whole plan will go off without a hitch. Even Abigail might jump if we paint Ceto like a traitor."

(Just saying, but I actually haven't decided on Abby's alliance yet and she has been thinking of mutiny if she agrees with the new leaders, so it entirely depends on your arguments what she shall choose. Dunky-poo would choose whoever he thought was the winning side, so it depends on how the battle goes, to be honest.)

Duncan overheard enough of the conversation between Poppy and Castiel, but it was lucky for them it hadn't been someone else. The man was mostly quiet and didn't do very much, though most captains liked him well enough because he would just put his head down and work; do as he was told - nothing more and nothing less. It was a lonely life, sure. At the same time, though, it was something he'd brought upon himself. That was what he felt at least. There was nearly nobody to tell him otherwise. He was different. He was an enigma. According to every church or temple, he was certain to go to hell and burn forever there. But no one would ever hear Duncan object to such harsh things. He would never complain or refuse to bear the weight of the stigma. No. He would just bow his head and do what he was told and hope to God that would count as repentance enough for his supposed misdeed. So he kept walking on, slouched from the weight of the rope he'd taken from the storeroom that he was to bring onto the main deck. Looking back, it was quite possible he would realize that it was a perfect metaphor for his lowly existence. But, alas, he brought the rope up without planning to foil their plan before it had a chance. Maybe they could offer him some sort of position as well...? Maybe he could have a little break sometimes...?

~

Waking up groggily, Duncan rubbed the sleep out of his eyes as the sun trickled in through the holes in the floorboards. "I overslept...," he remarked to no one and nothing. Maybe, if she was listening, the sea would respond with an icy breeze to edge him up.

When he finally was ready to work and dragged his feet to the main deck, he found a crowd gathering. "What's happening?" he asked to a mate nearby.

"Gift-giving."

"That was today?"

"Apparently."

Edited by Mousia

Ceto Sylvini

Ceto was sitting on the railing of the ship, sighing a bit as she tipped the bottle against her lips. Gift giving. Ha. She didn't get anyone anything, because she just wasn't in the mood. The whiskey poured down her throat as she drank deeply from the flask. Yep, her only gift was alcohol, and the icy ocean breeze. She feared that it would start snowing soon- the deck would become slippery with snow and ice and people could get hurt. If it snowed they would have to close the sails and wait a day or two. She didn't want people with broken limbs.

"Uh, cap'n?"

Ceto opened her eyes to see a smiley Garrett holding out a bottle to her. It was a large, classy green bottle, and when she took it out of his hands, she flinched. "Idiot, this must have cost you a fortune! Why did you spend your pay on an old hag like me?"

At that, Garrett laughed. "Old hag? What does that make me?" He shook his head and began to walk away. "Merry Christmas, Ceto."

Ceto looked at the man, frowning as her gaze dropped to the bottle. Wow... she really didn't expect that.

Cullen Reid

A full beard grown on his face to fight the cold, Cullen filled it with a smile. It was Christmas! At last the celebration of their Lord and Savior. He felt at home on the boat more than ever, even if most of the sailors were more excited about nog than religion. Nevertheless, the Irishman held a twinkle in his eye and gifts in a sack. Two, to be specific. He had made friends aboard their mighty vessel but only two relationships seemed to flower. Ambra, whom Cullen bonded with over book and nationality, and Abigail, whom he loved. He strut below deck where most festivities were occurring since above was cold, and saw the fiery hair of his friend. "Ambra! Come're a second, will 'ya? I got somethin' for 'ye."

Roberts, The Jolly

Locking the storage room, Roberts walked downstairs into the ship. With him he carried a shiny, brass tea kettle. He clipped it to his belt and drank with a few of the crew for awhile. Not even buzzed, he gambled a bit since Christmas was normally time to play without money, and he had no desire to blow any cash. Eventually, he decided to give the kettle to it's recipient. Moving away from the celebration and towards the quiet half of the ship, he called, "Oh, miss First Mate?"

Ambra Neirum

Ambra hadn't many friends on board the Sista Viska, but Garrett had given her a brand new bible for her to read. It was an expensive looking one, soft covered and small enough to tuck away into her robes, but it was beautifully decorated. Ambra had gotten Garrett a book on how to construct various things of wood. Garrett seemed overjoyed with the thought and the two shared a hug. As Garrett walked away, Ambra was called over by a certain Irishman. Smiling, she walked over to Cullen. He had grown a beard during the winter, which made him seem more ragged than usual. It looked very nice on him. "What's going on, Cullen?"

[Morning and my dad's birthday. :3]