TwilightMoonDragon

Shadows: Whisper | Assassin's Creed

Allen had to think about it a minute. Where would he go? He didn't know of anywhere outside of Italy. "I... I don't know where I'd go. When all the options are shown to you, it's kind of hard to make a decision but it's even harder when you don't know any of the options. I've lived here all of my life in cabin in the woods. I mean, I guess if I had to pick I'd say somewhere with a lively forest. A jungle." he told them, trying to be honest. If he was going to make any friends he at least had to be that. And he was. He didn't know of any places outside of Italy. It would be completely new to him if they left Italy for somewhere new. And... a trip to a jungle island would actually interest him... Meet a new civilization that lives in the tree tops. He chuckled thinking about it.

Theresa

"Everybody keep telling me that. They seem to forget that it's simply how a weapon is used that makes it dangerous. A child could hold the machete, but still fall to a thinner, smaller sword, with one who is more skilled holding the hilt." she said, taking a swift sip of her tea.

Mary

"Ach, you guys are boring. I'd love to see the world before I had to make a choice. I know I already said one place, but maybe there's something better. Seems like there always is." Mary said, wondering what the rest of the crew was doing. Maybe they were sleeping or drink or something else completely. What about the rest of the world? What were they doing?

[school.]

Edited by RainDash

Cullen smiled. "I think I can handle that." He moved off to the celebration. At first he was rigid and a little shy but as time progressed he started to get into the rhythm of the music. He kicked off his boots and danced barefoot with the rest of the tribe, the best he could with one arm. At some point or another his face was painted. Something about warriors, really he only caught a bit of it through the accents. Food was wonderful and the music was only increasingly fun and lively. If there had been alcohol he might have partaken. Though, the last celebration he was at he drank too much. That ended pretty well, though...

"That's true." Roberts agreed. "You know I got formal combat training from the officer's academy in England? They teach sword fighting less like a sport and more like an art." They also taught the naval strategy that he based his own on. It was part of the reason he was so successful. He knew all of the British tactics. He threw a handful of salt into a large pot he had boiling and moved back to the soup he'd been trying to improve. "It's all about finesse and accuracy. A flick of the wrist might be more deadly than a full onslaught. A pistol might more devastating than a cannon."

((Got some notes to take.))

Edited by Dusset

Garrett Hemsworth

The party was lively. There was plentiful food and different types of drinks made from fruit. However, when Cullen started to dance and fool around, he stayed to the shadows, eating a delicious slab of meat. He didn't like being the center of attention, and that was what Cullen seemed to be. Imagine, to a native, a white man bearing their markings and dancing around with them! They would probably judge him and laugh at him later on. Garrett nibbled on the bone and dropped it on the ground before a woman handed him a spiny thing. He dropped it in shock before the woman giggled and took his hand, pressing the round mass into his hand. It was a round green thing, with long spikes. He gazed at her, confused, before she cut it open and let the fruit expose its vivid red flesh. Garrett grinned. It was strange, but he had to try new things right? He ate the fruit, indulging in its strange flavors. And then she handed him a long yellow and crescent shaped one. Ah, he had seen one of these before, a banana. But he had never eaten one, so he took it and clumsily peeled back the skin to reveal its soft pale innards. He ate some and grinned more. He liked the banana more than the durian fruit, which the woman had told him was the spiky thing's name. Chewing on the banana, he sat in the ring of men and women that watched the others dance around a fire.

"Strangers are merely friends you haven't met yet." Aero said boosting himself up onto the railing. He checked the knots on the ropes on either side of him before looking back up to the assassin before him. The sun was starting to set further beneath the horizon and the morning star began to shine bright in the sky.

((Short, sorry.))

Ambra Neirum

Ambra glanced up at Aero as he gazed down at her from his perch atop the wooden railing of the Sista Viska. His pale golden hair was red with the light of the sunset, and his gaze was almost purple with the fire that it caught. She frowned, and looked down at the floor. Strangers were friends that she didn't meet yet? Yeah, right. Shuffling back and forth, she looked up once more when a woman walked up to them. The woman, almost as short as her, had black hair that was partially in her face and the rest was tied up in a bun. Her deep eyes flashed at the man that stood on the railing. "Aero, I cannot find neither my first or second mate or even my Quartermaster. May I have a word?"

Ambra smiled lightly at Aero, a nervous blush on her cheeks as she watched him. Would he be yelled at? She wouldn't want that, oh no. Aero was a good man. She remembered that he was very kind in his judgments, unlike Casio or Aelia. Both of them were either too lenient or too harsh. He was right in the middle. Ambra began to back away, grinning a bit less.

"Never a dull moment with you is there Captain?" He said smirking slightly, still speaking her title sarcastically. He hopped off the railing and began to follow Ceto. He passed Ambra but stopped and lifted his hand and placed it on her head again. "You know you can always come talk to me if you need something or just want someone to talk to." He said smiling down at the disciple. He put his arm down and walked away wondering what Ceto wanted this time. "So what is it you wanted to talk to me about?" He asked crossing his arms in front of him looking down at the girl before him. "It sounded urgent, so it's unlikely that it is anything good." He finished.

Ceto Sylvini

A smirk crawled across her face when Aero questioned her. The woman entered her cabin, happy that she had cleaned it up a while ago. The different furs that she had bought remained on her bed, black and brown and gray. There was the flag with the creed's symbol plastered onto it, and near it was her oak desk where many papers lay upon it. She sat behind her desk and picked up a piece of paper. She raised it so Aero could see the words scribbled onto it. It was chickenscratch, Casio's hand writing. After a long while of depicting what he meant to say, even Ceto got chills down her spine. "I have received word today from the Creed in Italia." she began, holding out the paper toward him. "Master Casio says that some Templar ships left to find us a few days ago. Apparently an apprentice leaked out information while they were being tortured. Thankfully, the novice was able to trick them in a way." she grinned. "The fletchling sent them to England instead of Borneo. Though, we must be careful. That is all I want to say. Unless..." she reached out, stroking his chest and avoiding his gaze. Though, it wasn't like she liked him or anything. "You wish to stay...?" she glanced up as she said this, voice like honey.

[ugh... I haven't been able to cobble together a post all day. censorkip.gif posting apathy...]

Theresa

She laughed. "You? In the Officer's Academy? I imagine that you were drunk half the time and punching someone the other half." she joked, and her mouth almost created a smile. Almost, not quite. "But I was also told it was an art as well. Graceful and careful moves make you near unpredictable and flexible. But if you're so great at strategy, perhaps sometime we might play checkers or chess? I haven't had someone defeat me in quite some time."

Mary

"But, there isn't anywhere you'd prefer to be Robb? That sounds lonely, because there's nothing to picture in the end. No gold at the end of the rainbow or light at the end of the tunnel. Just some aimless hope." Mary said to Robb. "And being on a ship your whole life is no excuse either! You've seen tons more of the world than I have. And Allen, I suspect that we'll find somewhere to make you finally look less serious. Maybe chuck you off the boat and make you swim to the jungle across the way?" she smiled mischievously, as though she was serious.

[ugh, bed.]

Robert "Robb" DuBois

Robb glanced at Allen and then back at Mary. She was asking if there was any specific place that he would live in. "Fine. I would live in the countryside of Ireland. Ambra has been telling me all about it. I would have a farm with a lot of sheep and cows, and roosters and hens as well. I would have cats and dogs and every day I'd plow the field I'd take a dog with me. Every morning, I'll take a few eggs and bake a cake. I would have a lot of groves so I can make different flavored wines and eat some of the fruit." he glanced at her, his lips twitching. "As for my home, I would have a small and simple home. Enough to keep the winter winds out. I would sleep near a window so every morning I'd be able to see the sunrise. Other than farming I'd look to get married eventually and have children to help me. And when my bones get old I'll go and get a simple job in the city." Robb fell quiet. He knew that he had taken the answer to its full potential but he liked talking about his dream. Thinking about how idiotic he looked, he blushed and the beginning of his smile fell. "I should go. Someone's been complaining of a belly ache below deck."

The Dread Pirate, Roberts

"Nah. I was a good lad back then." Roberts said. "I was top of my class. At the time I thought my dream was the British Navy. As you can see I changed my mind since then, but it was a good experience, I believe." He hadn't graduated, but he had come close. Theresa brought up chess and he laughed a little. "Chess? I suppose. It's not a very good measure of leadership and strategy, I think. Sure, you might learn strategy and counters but until you're behind the wheel of a ship, fighting. Keeping your men alive. Reducing damage to your ship, all while dealing as much as you can, all against an unpredictable and better equipped opponent? Until you win something like that, you can't say you have a strategic mind." He set the lid on the pot he'd been messing with and left the kitchen, picking up his machete and setting it on his belt as he walked towards Theresa. "Maybe, though. I'm always up for a challenge, but unless you have a board, I don't imagine we'll see one until we're back in Europe."

((TMD, wanna skip past the celebration? Get this piece?))

((It'll be short.))

Cullen Reid

Cullen had danced himself tired and after awhile returned to Garrett, whom he promptly sat by and said, "You should have got up and danced." He was panting a little and drank water. The celebration was dying down and the music was getting low. The fire was almost burnt out and most of the food was gone. "Where'd the chief?" He asked. He wanted to leave, as beautiful as this place was and as wonderful the people.

Garrett Hemsworth

Garrett had stuffed himself until he could hardly move. He was leaning back on his arms while the pretty lady kept on feeding him fruit. He could get used to this! But when he heard Cullen's voice, he leapt to an upright sitting position and gazed at him. "I can't dance, you know. I don't know how to. No one never taught me." he covered a belch with his fists and stood up. The chief? There he was, at the very edge of the camp holding a torch. It seemed that he was expecting it. He motioned Cullen to follow him and began to lead the way there. The chief turned and smiled at the two.

"Had fun? I see one has a full belly and the other has danced until he could dance no more." Garrett chuckled with the chief. "Now, as I promised I will lead you to the... treasure. I must warn you. The treasure... is not like the others. It has tormented my people for years, and I wanted you to unknowingly take it. But... I see that you two are not ordinary ambitious white men. I see a fire burning in both of your hearts, a fire of truth. Do you know what you two are getting yourselves into?"

Cullen Reid

Cullen got up and followed Garrett to the chief. When they arrived he spoke of the treasure and they were warned of the danger. "Yes." He said. "You have shown us hospitality and kindness. I think you deserve the truth now. We aren't treasure hunters. Not regular ones, anyways. We're part of a secret organization known as The Assassins." He lifted his arm from the sling to reveal the brand on his ring finger. "We fight in the shadows, to preserve the light. We fight for freedom, justice and a peaceful world. There are many forces that we combat. One of them being the Templars. I warn you now, do not let men calling themselves Templars to live if they appear here. They wish to enslave the world. This treasure is something they've been searching for, for a long time. We've come here to retrieve it before they can. We don't know why it is as it is, but we wish to hide it. Once we have it, we'll return to our home and leave it in trusted hands." He took a step closer to the chief and smiled. He was a good man, and he had his people in his mind before riches. "Chief. You've accepted us into your tribe. For that, we are thankful. It would be my honor to accept you into mine." He didn't have a brand nor did he expect the chief to accept. It was a show of good faith. "We would love to call you 'brother'." This was more of a political move than anything. The chief had not made a promise to them. But to have an ally like the Dayak people could only be beneficial to them all.

Garrett Hemsworth

The chief listened to what Cullen had to say. There was a cool expression on his face as he closely watched his facial expression, monitoring it for any facial expressions. The man was truthful in his words. He was telling it as it was. When it came down to it he sighed and smiled. "Your brotherhood of men seems to look only for truth and peace. I will take your advice and slay any men who call themselves Templars before they could spend the night in the forest." he sighed. "I wondered why this man here saved your life. My men would simply leave the wounded behind. It is survival of the fittest, and I was confused that you saved him. Maybe we will become a brotherhood of men rather than a tribe." he grinned. "I would be proud to be called your brother."

Garrett smiled, no, beamed at this. They had new allies. Ceto would love this. And so, the chief turned and began leading the way through the forest. It was especially dark in these parts... he frowned as his eyes adjusted to the darkness.

---

After about a while of walking down a mountain path and stalking down a cave, the chief brought them to a chamber. It was a rock chamber, naturally made, with something sitting on a slab of stone. It was a regular drape, or so Garrett thought, until it began... whispering. It was such a sweet song. But... "Cullen..? Should we touch that thing?"

Edited by TwilightMoonDragon

((Maybe add in them arriving at the treasure instead of rping walking through s cave?

'facial expression'x2

'expression on his face'x1

All in 1 sentence.

Nailed it.))

Cullen Reid

A smile slipped over Cullen's face as the chief replied. Wonderful! This was cause for celebration alone, but they hadn't the time. He followed the chief into the cave, eyes having trouble adjusting with the flickering light of the torch. They eventually reached the cavern in which the cloak was held. He hadn't expected it to be a cloak. Garrett asked if thy should touch it and he said, "Of course we should touch it." Cullen said. not because he was stupid, but because it wasn't safe to leave any piece of Eden out in the open such as this. He approached slowly and laid a hand on it. He felt an invigorating feeling and the whispers clouded his hearing. He backed away in shock but stepped closer again. Gathering his wits about him, he folded the cloak over twice and laid it over his sling for ease of carry. "Let's get out of here." He said, wishing to return to the camp and then to the ship. He began to walk out.

Garrett Hemsworth

Garrett frowned when he stepped closer. He followed, watching Cullen pick up the cloak. It was horribly dirty, but the song and whispers were so beautiful. In fact, it was even worn. Garrett furrowed a brow- an imprint of a man's face that was in anguish was imprinted on the sheet. Was that? No... it couldn't be. As Cullen began to walk away, the chief made enough room for them to walk past.

The chief was nice enough to lead them back to shore. The Sista Viska drifted in the distance. "It was very nice meeting you two, and we will keep an eye out for Templars." The chief told them with a nod. "Will you visit again?"

"I don't see why Ceto won't pass by again to see if there's Templar activity. Can you swim like that, Cullen?" Garrett turned to him and glanced at his broken arm. "If not, you can cling to my back. You have to be light."

Cullen walked out and made sure to grab his pack before leaving. He was still just wearing the undershirt but he'd be damned if he left something behind. They walked to the shore and he looked out to their ship. "I think we might. Maybe more of the crew will come along. I'll make sure to keep the riff-raff out." He said as he smiled again. "Oh. Chief. One last thing." He unfastened the sash around his waist and removed the buckle, which was the assassin symbol. "A gift." He handed the buckle over and added. "It's small and isn't worth much, but you should have it. It identifies you as a Brother." He gave him an salute and turned to Garrett. "I think I might need-" he dropped the cloak since he didn't have a grip on it. When he reached down he did it with his right arm without thinking and only shortly after did he realize what he'd done. He tore off the bandages and inspected his wound. It wasn't a wound anymore. "It's a miracle." He said, knowing that in all likeliness it was the blanket. But it was easier to say it was a miracle than answer a question. He put the blanket into the pack. "Garrett! We have to tell the crew!" He started to run into the water until he was waist deep and called back, "Thank you for everything!" He began to swim out to the ship, happy to use his arm again.

Garrett Hemsworth

The chief took the buckle and blinked at it. It was silver and pointed on almost all of the sides. He bowed back toward Cullen and Garrett and began to back away. "I wish your kind safety and good luck." he told him, and disappeared into the forest. Garrett turned back to Cullen and was about to ask him agaib before the sheet fell away. Garrett almost gasped when the man reached out with his bad arm. What? But it seemed to have mended, and the Irishman seemed happy. He rushed into the water after him and swam beside him. All of the time he was thinking. The sheet... he knew it was a Piece of Eden. But was it safe enough to report to the whole crew? He didn't know what everyone else felt, but he felt as something bad was going to happen. Garrett finally made his way to the ship and grabbed onto a rope ladder that a sailor tossed down. He climbed up it and landed on the deck. People surrounded them, eyes flicking over them to see what had happened. They knew that Garrett and Cullen had been on bad terms, and they probably wanted to see who was the most scuffed up. He looked at them back, and grinned. "Never seen a couple of wet men, eh?" he joked, beginning to walk away.

Cullen swam with an excitement he couldn't describe. The blanket had fixed his arm, he knew. It was obvious granted his general knowledge on the pieces. The climbed the rope up after Garrett and when he landed he had a grin on his face. People were staring at the paint. "Yeah. I mean, we live on a boat. Geez." He stood up and laughed as he walked away, patting Garrett on the back as he walked below deck, eager to get into a dry set. He entered his room and changed into a dry pair, throwing his pack on his bunk and locking his room as he exited. He'd get back to the blanket later, nobody knew it was there anyways. He leant against the outside of his door and took a swig. Oh. It was good to be home.

Mary

As she listened, and watched as a smile started to form on his face, only to fall away when he finished. She couldn't just leave Allen though, and so she merely called after him. "I think that's a wonderful place, I hope you get there someday!" she wondered how long he had been thinking about this place. Maybe a little before Ambra came on the boat, but extended and fleshed out when she told him about it. She wished that hers was something like that. A dream where she knew all the details and long for it when no one was looking. All she had were hazy daydreams and hope, but it was good enough for her.

Theresa

"True enough. I never said it was a test, just that it was something I enjoy." she was grateful when the conversation finally sidetracked. As a young girl she dreamed of running away and joining the Officer's Academy, but she knew they would never take girls. It was just unfair, she was just as smart as the rest and just as capable. She never even had a chance before she knew she could have one. It had always been a sore spot for her.

[school.]

Edited by RainDash

Aero sighed as Ceto began to come on to him again. He crossed his arms and looked at Ceto before he spoke. "You're hellbent to make me your play thing aren't you?" He asked rhetorically. He put his arms around Ceto and sighed. "It's going to be a very long journey, I might as well try to relax every now and again and at least try to enjoy myself." He said before turning his eyes back to Ceto. He smiled a little and put his hand on her cheek. It's not that he didn't like Ceto or that he didn't enjoy the night they had spent together, but to him she was always so upfront and demanding about it, she also annoyed Aero whenever he was busy.